• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

subterrestrial

Smash Ace
The idea of Waluigi getting his own game basically came from him being excluded in Smash and the delusion that every character on the roster of Smash needs their own game to be "important". So it still loosely has to do with Waluigi in Smash, I'm sure it was mentioned in the video too, which he probably watched. All this really means is 2 presidents of Nintendo of America are aware of his popularity.
exactly imo u should watch it lmao its pretty funny

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I mean, it's clear Waluigi is a contender for next game if he isn't the last DLC slot. But a shoo-in? No. There's always more things that'll come up. He's a huge character, but not from a new IP. He's no Isabelle, who was very easy to see coming, etc. He's a gaming icon, no less, but I don't think he'll massive priority at this point. Maybe if he has another notable role in a spin-off again, or an even bigger role than his few big roles, sure. He's on the map, but he's not the "big dot on the map" yet.

And even if he doesn't get that big dot, he's more than requested enough, more than popular enough, and more than a big enough character that it'll easily get people to want the next Smash just by seeing him on the roster alone. There's no feasible downside to adding him in.

Aboyd

Smash Cadet
Kirk Thornton is a very Inconsistent Voice for Shadow. I would say he did well in Forces for his Voice, but the Voice direction needs to be there. it also kind of works in tandem with Shadow not being as prevalent as he was during the SA2-06 Era. It's no wonder that the biggest appearance Shadow had in the Sonic Video game (with his own Free DLC missions), is also the game with his best performance

I hope that in the situation Shadow is Playable in Smash Ultimate, they get Kirk to Record specifically for Smash Ultimate, and not just re-use lines.

Also in the context of Shadow's Character, it's weird. Sega does know how to write Shadow, as the Japanese Sub of Sonic games, as well as things like the Lego Dimensions Sonic Campaign and Twitter takedown show that they know how to keep Shadow's personality in line with the early days. The games where Shadow is out of character is typically in the Spinoffs games and such. To my knowledge, Shadow hadn't been featured in the story of Spinoff games during the "Dark Era". The only Mainline game Shadow has had some sort of role in the story since the start of the "Meta Era" (Starting with Colors) is Forces, which has his personality intact
Kirk is really good with Shadow when given the right roles. I think the Sonic Twitter Takeover is where he really shines. Especially with his answer at 19:36 at https://youtu.be/wuchleNtnTo

gotta say, I really hate the Dark Era and Meta Era names. I much prefer the “Narrative Era” and “Nostalgia Era”

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Maybe the reason there's no Dolphin Pokemon is that dolphins become more evil the more you learn about them.

They're like ducks.

Seemingly cute, but vile creatures.
Wouldn't that make them the perfect Dark-type?

Especially since Japanese versions call it Evil-type, iirc.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Wouldn't that make them the perfect Dark-type?

Especially since Japanese versions call it Evil-type, iirc.
We need a dark-type otter first, to represent how evil they can be too.

Actually a good idea for a Pokemon might be a cutesy, friendly otter that evolves into an extremely savage dark-type.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend

Actually a good idea for a Pokemon might be a cutesy, friendly otter that evolves into an extremely savage dark-type.
INB4 a Dark Type Buizel/Floatzel that drowns you instead.

EDIT: Like they specifically look for drowning people, and drown them faster.

Last edited:

ZelDan

Smash Master
Zero, Waluigi, Isaac, Shadow, Krystal, Ashley, Lyn, Alucard, Shovel Knight, and Bomberman.
These are probably the most notable AT characters we have. Of these bunch, these are the ones I could maybe see actually be CP11, in no particular order

-Waluigi
-Isaac
-Zero
-Shovel Knight

Alucard I'll bring up too, though Castlevania already being in a perfect spot represntation-wise makes me hesitate a bit more compared to the others above. Alucard's still popular as HECK though so who knows?

And then there's Bomberman where, had he not gotten Mii costumed during FP2, I'd say he would have had a chance, but alas...

Last edited:

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
I mean, it's clear Waluigi is a contender for next game if he isn't the last DLC slot. But a shoo-in? No. There's always more things that'll come up. He's a huge character, but not from a new IP. He's no Isabelle, who was very easy to see coming, etc. He's a gaming icon, no less, but I don't think he'll massive priority at this point. Maybe if he has another notable role in a spin-off again, or an even bigger role than his few big roles, sure. He's on the map, but he's not the "big dot on the map" yet.

And even if he doesn't get that big dot, he's more than requested enough, more than popular enough, and more than a big enough character that it'll easily get people to want the next Smash just by seeing him on the roster alone. There's no feasible downside to adding him in.
There's not much downside to adding anyone really. Somebody is gonna be happy or angry no matter who is added. Being in Smash is free marketing too. That's why even being an assist trophy makes a lot of devs happy. Their character is in Smash.

People angry over assist trophies is honestly just a small internet bubble. A ton of casuals don't give nearly as much a crap about it as any forum or social media or YouTube video. What we see online is such a small fragment of people compared to how many bought and play the game.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
I just realized that with today's rules there are not one, but two Kirby bosses that would raise Super Smash Bros.'s age rating, and I find that hilarious.

And I mean yeah, Kirby final bosses be Kirby final bosses, but it's still a little funny (they're probably the creepiest looking of the lot anyway).

SNEKeater

Smash Master
These are probably the most notable AT characters we have. Of these bunch, these are the ones I could maybe see actually be CP11, in no particular order

-Waluigi
-Isaac
-Zero
-Shovel Knight

Alucard I'll bring up too, though Castlevania already being in a perfect spot represntation-wise makes me hesitate a bit more compared to the others above. Alucard's still popular as HECK though so who knows?

And then there's Bomberman where, had he not gotten Mii costumed during FP2, I'd say he would have had a chance, but alas...
Alucard is definitely popular but I think his popularity comes more from PlayStation circles tbh. Kinda understandable considering Castlevania: Symphony of the Night.

Also I'm quite sure that he would get a considerable amount of hate if he was CP11. And not necessarily because he's the last one, but because he's still "anime" and uses a sword. Being the third character from Castlevania, all of them introduced in the same game, wouldn't help.

I can already see people calling him Vampire Sephiroth lmao.

Last edited:

WahHahaha

Smash Ace
Waluigi is a "shoo in" for Smash 6 if he doesn't make it into this one, yes. He's a character that keeps growing in popularity and gets a lot of requests for the game at this point, he's also one of the few big mario characters that isn't in the game yet.

My main question, is if he can be a "shoo in" in Smash 6 for these reasons, why exactly can't he be in this game? People accept him as a likely character in the eventual future, but won't even consider him for this game.

Last edited:

Gengar84

Smash Hero
Waluigi is a "shoo in" for Smash 6 if he doesn't make it into this one, yes. He's a character that keeps growing in popularity and gets a lot of requests for the game at this point, he's also one of the few big mario characters that isn't in the game yet.

My main question, is if he can be a "shoo in" in Smash 6 for these reasons, why exactly can't he be in this game? People accept him as a likely character in the eventual future, but won't even consider him for this game.
I would say that he’s very likely but he isn’t guaranteed. I think a lot of people are discounting the overwhelming support he’s been getting lately and he seems like he’ll be the next Ridley or K. Rool as far as long requested characters go. Being first party, I would give him the edge over the other long requested Mario character in Geno.

Last edited:

WahHahaha

Smash Ace
seems like he’ll be the next Ridley or K. Tool
It doesn't seem like he will be, he already is. Maybe this fandom's opinion on him is mixed, but in terms of sheer popularity he surpassed those 2 by a wide margin.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
Maybe the reason there's no Dolphin Pokemon is that dolphins become more evil the more you learn about them.

They're like ducks.

Seemingly cute, but vile creatures.
I mean, sadism and vile nature isn't just restricted to dolphins. It can be found within quite a bunch of creatures, from creatures like otters, seals, orcas, monkeys, even common animals like cats and raccoons.

But just because some individuals can be sadistic and quite evil, it shouldn't diminish the good that some other individuals of the same creatures have done. Like one cat being sadistic with a mouse and playing with it before eating it should not overshadow the good things some cats have done, like saving their owners from fires and whatnot.

Gengar84

Smash Hero
It doesn't seem like he will be, he already is. Maybe this fandom's opinion on him is mixed, but in terms of sheer popularity he surpassed those 2 by a wide margin.
I hate auto correct on my phone. I wasn’t insulting K. Rool, I promise lol.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
He hasn't gotten in due to fan demand so I wouldn't say they're comparable yet.

I don't think he's a shoe in for the next game either. Likely, but not inevitable.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
...I mean, an AT tourney is going on. He probably is just showing them off during the appropriate event. If it continues on for a lot longer, maybe it'll have a bit of merit to think on.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
So nice you gotta show it twice.
And I see the image 3x as much on this post. Oh Good lord, they're multiplying!
Ironic, a post complaining about how my post was posting twice, ends up being posted twice.

I posted screenshots just in case he deleted the second tweet and no one believed me, but I guess posting too much proof is seen as annoying to the Smashboards.com newcomer thread.

If its so much of a sin, I'll cut them down, oh woe is me, for I have subjected these users to the terrible inconvenience of looking at 3 images.

Edit: And it turns out I was right to post screenshots since he deleted the second tweet. How's that annoyance now?

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
I posted screenshots just in case he deleted the second tweet and no one believed me, but I guess posting too much proof is seen as annoying to the Smashboards.com newcomer thread.

If its so much of a sin, I'll cut them down, oh woe is me, for I have subjected these users to the terrible annoyance of looking at 3 images.

I don't think either of us were annoyed as much as confused or surprised at the amount of images. Heck, my response turned into a math pun. Didn't think it deserved that much of a hostile reaction.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Ironic, a post complaining about how my post was posting twice, ends up being posted twice.
I've no idea what you're talking about regarding your post posting twice.
I was referring to Sakurai posting the same image... twice, such is the rhyme.

Last edited:

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
There are some Predictions and Theories I have regarding CP11 and the other DLC content for Smash Ultimate. Alot of this is personal interpretation, but take of it as it will

When the CP11 Reveal will take Place, and when will be released?

Because TGS is on the Week after Next week, and because Nintendo does not like overlapping with events, I'm thinking next week might be the timeframe we could expect the Next Smash reveal

Part of the reason I think this is because of when I think the character might be released, which is October 5th

There is Maintenance on that day for Prepaid cards and Download codes. Typically those things are used more for Eshop exclusive content, like DLC. the only thing that's kind of throwing me off is the the time of when the Maintenance would end goes past the time we typically get a New Smash character (around 9 EST).

Typically with FP2 characters, We get the character revealed 1-2 weeks before the character comes out. Depending on how the character is revealed, will determine how things play out

-Reveal and Sakurai presentation at Same time, Release 1-2 weeks later
-Reveal with Sakurai presents 1-2 weeks later. Release either on the day of or the next day after

I think no matter what happens though, I think we are getting CP11 around early October, with October 5th being the specific date I think the character will release.

If we are taking rumors from "Insiders" into consideration, Natedrake did say that there would be a Presentation in September, note the word Presentation. I think there is a good chance that we could get a Separate Smash Presentation, rather than Smash reveal in a Nintendo Direct.

Mii Costumes

There are some Characters I think might end up being Mii Costumes in the future

Kris from Deltarune: This is especially true after the reveal of Deltarune chapter 2 recently. Some of the Mii Costumes in FP2, most notably the Capcom Mii Costumes, have been chosen due to recent games coming out or in the near future. Even beyond that, Deltarune is a game that already has had hype around it due to Chapter 1, and more coming in the future

This also might be a reason why Undertale Spirit event has not happened yet. They might be waiting for all Undertale related Mii Costumes to be added, before doing the spirit event. Deltarune doesn't take place in the Undertale universe, but is heavily associated with it and said to take place in Alternate universe from it, which implies connection

Ryu Hayabusa: I think Hayabusa will definitely get some content in Smash before everything is over. the responses in the interview, including the one that said "No Plans were in motion" seemed to be heavily canned in responses, like it's a rehearsed phrase told to be said in response to a question about Smash.

Shovel Knight: Considering there's already a Model of Shovel Knight in the game already, similar to Bomberman, the other Indie Costumes like Sans, Cuphead, and Shantae, and that he's a popular character, I think it's very likely for him to be a Mii Costume

Siegfried/Nightmare: To be honest, I think this is a little inspired by the "Soul Calibur content in Smash leak", along with Nightmare's name being heard in inside circles apparently. It is weird that these costumes would come after Kazuya Mishima Mii costume wave, but we have had costumes coming later from Companies with Fighters. Plus especially if it's 2 Costumes in one pack, that might explain it

Jack Frost: SMTV is coming out later this year, and Jack Frost is the Mascot of that Franchise (and Atlus in general it seems). He would also fit better as a Mii Costumes than someone like Nahobino since it's easier to get assets from (since Nahobino is so new) and that Jack Frost is more Iconic design and has fanbase already

Peely: Yes Peely from Fortnite. There's been signs of Epic Games having some sort of content in the game, more precisely due to the interview from zoom, but also the fact that there's a timeline for Nintendo and Epic to talk, since Samus was at least in planning for Fortnite. I would say Peely would be the Costume over Jonsey since Peely is a much more distinct Design, and Peely is a Popular, recognizable character within the Fortnite universe

Alucard: He was considered to be the Castlevania rep due to his Popularity and recognizability, and there already is a Model of him in the game.

Amy Rose: Personally this is because she is prominent within the Sonic Media, but also because she would complete the Sonic Mii Costume triangle of Brawler (Knuckles), Gunner (Tails), and hypothetically now Swordfighter (Amy)

Spirit Events

And here are the Spirit Events I think we will end up getting in the future

Undertale/Deltarune: Again after the costumes, we will get the Spirit event

Shin Megami Tensi: After Jack Frost comes out, and will feature Nahobino

Metroid Dread: A event Inspired by the Metroid Dread game

Gooigi: I think Gooigi will show up in a Random event similar to Lotus from Warframe

Some of the Costumes mentioned could show up as Playable characters, and there are probably franchises/Characters not mentioned that could be getting some form of content in the game. This is just what I'm thinking at the moment

Who I think Challenger Pack 11 is?

I think Challenger Pack 11 might be Shadow the Hedgehog

Shadow The Hedgehog meets the Criteria I think Nintendo and Sakurai will look at when Choosing Fighters. Shadow is

-From a Iconic and Popular gaming franchises, one of the Most Popular in the world
-Shadow himself being a Popular character, both inside and outside of Smash
-Not only has worked with Sega on Smash Specifically, but Shadow himself already has been licensed for 3 Smash games now
-Nintendo audiences love Sonic
-Relevancy still intact.
-As Decades worth of material to compose into a Moveset

Beyond that, I think there are some things that indicate Shadow was one of the chosen FP2 characters. Alot of this might sound like Conspiracy, but there is merit to the possibility of these stuff meaning something

-Nintendo did takedown a Shadow the Hedgehog Smash Remix (Specifically I Am... All of Me). This is similar to what happened with Banjo, Sans, and Geno, who all ended up getting content in Smash. In regards to Geno, while he didn't come with a music track himself, the Track takendown was the track used for his his Trailer, which has it's own Licensing. Though also there was a 2nd Geno track taken down, but more on that later

-The Legacy XP takedown, which was rumored to have been taken down due to conflicts with upcoming DLC content in Smash Ultimate. Shadow was one of the characters in the mod not in Smash Ultimate. It's been common that certain Fangames or Mods were taken down due to conflict with upcoming content, most specifically AM2R, and Super Mario Battle Royale (due to Metroid Returns and Super Mario 35 respectfully)

This had more attention paid to it due to a Certain Popular Smash Speculator saying there was 100% evidence that applied to characters in the Legacy XP mod. This Smash Speculator was so certain on it that he never made a video on it because he was afraid it might put the source in jeopardy

For the Contents of the Challenger Pack, I think the following will be true

-Shadow Himself will be a Very Heavily Aggressive Character with All Offense, Little Defense. He will have lots of Mobility options, and I think will overall have Littler Startup and Little Endlag

will have his Special Moves be Chaos Based (Chaos Control, Chaos Warp, Chaos Spear, Chaos Boost/Chaos Blast)

-I think like how Kazuya brought back unique Initial Jump frames, I think Shadow will have Momentum Jumping mechanic, from both Melee, and more importantly the Sonic Series

-He Also will have to build up Speed, instead of just being able to Run normally, just like in Sonic. There will probably be moves or Maneuvers that allow him to gain Speed very quick

-Spindash and Homing attack will be Normal Attacks (Side Smash and Zair)

-Shadow won't have Shield, and will be heavy on Teleporting instead. Instead of Airdodge, it will be 3 Smaller Chaos Warps he can do, and instead of Shielding, it's a Type of stance Shadow can do to do Specific Attacks or Teleport cancel

-Chaos Boost won't be a Comeback mechanic, but either a Snowball Mechanic, or a Transformation that can be activated anytime with it's Pros and Cons

-Final Smash will have Super Shadow involved

-In regards to Stage, I'm thinking the Space Colony Ark, or the Death Egg.

-In regards to Spirits, it will have characters That are deeper cuts than the characters already Spirited in the game (like Tikal, Mephiles, Mighty, Ray, etc). Knuckles will also now have a Spirit Battle

-In regards to Music, will take the most material from SA2, SA1, 06, and Unleashed, but will also include material from Heroes, Shadow, Colors, Forces, and more perhaps

The Topic of Bonus Fighters

I think Bonus fighters COULD still be possible. I don't think FP3 is happening, but I think Bonus Fighters could have been planned early on, but Sakurai might word it to seem like it was a much more recent decision. Nintendo and Sakurai have implied certain events that don't work with the developmental timeline. the Initial saying of No DLC planned after Mewtwo, and the Bayonetta situation are examples

Sakurai has been strong on the prospect of FP2 being it, but could say the success of FP2 had changed his mind (when it was already planned), or count the Bonus Fighters as a part of FP2

The Fighter Pass Fighters would get priority over any type of Bonus, especially if Covid had messed things up worse than it already did, to the point Bonus would not be able to Work

If we do get Bonus Fighters, I'm think the Fighters would be Waluigi and/or Geno

Both are popular characters, both could re-use assets from ingame already, Both were in that Legacy XP mod that got taken down, both have been in the rumor mill for long while, both, (or at least Waluigi) wouldn't need Fighter Pass treatment and such

If it's just one Fighter, Betting on Waluigi. If there's 2 for each Fighter Pass, It would be both

One would be free if you buy FP1, One would be free if you buy FP2, and Both will be free if you Buy Both. Might be limited time offer also. Both would be available separately for 4.99 like Plant

Geno would take aspects from Mii Gunner, but have his Timed Hits and Special Moves from SMRPG

Waluigi can go in many Directions, so I'm unsure on him.

Geno might also come with Music tracks, perhaps the 2 that were taken down.

Both would share a trailer if they get one

tl;dr

But you get a Like for "Hayabusa? I donno. Maybe."

would love shadow.
I would too. As an Echo. Would be annoyed if he took a Fighter slot.

telling yall right now there’s no chance this pass is going as planned. Min min took 7 months instead of the usual 4 months. They may be on track right now but they definitely won’t have had plans to have the pass end this far into 2021. They definitely didn’t know a pandemic was gonna hit.
Yeah, I suspect without covid FP2 would have actually ended at E3.

I only remember Reggie saying anything about it, and he doesn't work at the company anymore.
Forced to retire for acknowledging Waluigi's existence.

No! We need a Grass/Dark starter!

And we need a Dark/Electric type that isn't lame!

(damn Morpeko...it shoulda been Luxray)

🙄

Last edited:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero

I don't think either of us were annoyed as much as confused or surprised at the amount of images. Heck, my response turned into a math pun. Didn't think it deserved that much of a hostile reaction.
I've no idea what you're talking about regarding your post posting twice.
I was referring to Sakurai posting the same image... twice, such is the rhyme.
It turns out sarcasm and general tone is quite difficult to convey over text it seems.

On both sides.

My post was partially in jest but I guess we all came across as more hostile than we meant to be.

Sorry Hug GIFs | Tenor

Time for make up group hugs.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Oh please, Alucard won't he the next CV character as, well, let's just say the next CV will hype up a new release

Y'all know who it is.

It's Juste

AWWW ****

Shroob

Sup?
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom