• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Nintendo finally put some effort in marketing a Metroid game!

Very juicy teaser, I can't wait to see what the evil Chozo and his warriors have in mind!
That flash memory of SA-X looks great!
Actually the interesting thing? The Chozo may not be the Chozo general from the Chozo Memories.

• When it shows the Chozo Memories in HD in the trailer, it not only shows memories from across the different memories, implying this Chozo may have been the witness to all those events, but it also focuses and zooms in on the Chozo getting killed by the general.
  • If one actually looks at the Chozo in the trailer and the Chozo General in the memories, both have different headgear.
So there are a couple possibilities:
  • This Chozo was one of the leaders that somehow survived the massacre initiated by the Chozo General.
  • It could just be the Chozo General in a different outfit, but because it's not the same one as the one in the memories, it makes it harder to tell if it is the same Chozo General or not.
  • This Chozo was one of the leaders that was killed by the Chozo General, but their body may have been found and revived by an X-Parasite after the events of Metroid 2. It's possible considering the X-Parasites in general, but how after it showed the Chozo and Memories, it then flashbacks to Metroid Fusion with the X-Parasites and SA-X.

Last edited:

Gengar84

Smash Hero
I think Hayabusa is the closest thing to a mascot than Lu Bu is and he's been in some Warriors games too. I feel in some ways, Hayabusa represents the best of Koei Tecmo.
Yeah, Hyabusa is probably the mascot of Koei-Tecmo but Lu Bu isn’t far behind him. The Warriors franchise have remained relevant for longer than Ninja Gaiden despite NG being made first. I think both Hyabusa and Lu Bu would make for great Koei reps for their own reasons.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I still maintain that Hero’s and Sephiroth’s trailers are tied to the two bad endings of WoL

Hero’s is tied to the bad ending where you defeat Galeem alone and Dharkon takes over everything. Dharkon doesn’t need to be defeated in this timeline, this is just to show one of the bad endings

Sephiroth’s is tied to the other bad ending where only Dharkon is defeated, Galeem vaporizes Dharkon to finish them off and then targets the other Smashers. What happens in this trailer is.. a bit of a divergence

therefore we need a final battle trailer where CP11 takes down BOTH Galeem and Dharkon and shows the true ending with the spirits flying back to their home worlds

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
therefore we need a final battle trailer where CP11 takes down BOTH Galeem and Dharkon and shows the true ending with the spirits flying back to their home worlds
I mean there ARE some characters that could be fitting to pull this off given their canonical power, or similar lore to the game he/she belongs to.
So yea, I can see it.

Theguy123

Smash Lord
I still maintain that Hero’s and Sephiroth’s trailers are tied to the two bad endings of WoL

Hero’s is tied to the bad ending where you defeat Galeem alone and Dharkon takes over everything. Dharkon doesn’t need to be defeated in this timeline, this is just to show one of the bad endings

Sephiroth’s is tied to the other bad ending where only Dharkon is defeated, Galeem vaporizes Dharkon to finish them off and then targets the other Smashers. What happens in this trailer is.. a bit of a divergence

this

this is where shadow chads wins. Dharkon and Galeem prepare their attacks and all of a sudden time stops for a few seconds and then everything resumes. Both start falling and we see in the distance shadow hovering using his jet boots.

makes Sense as well since shadow’s game was about choosing between good and evil,

dharkon is stated to be the embodiment of chaos which is shadow’s whole thing as he’s made of chaos power and Galeem is an angel which one of shadow’s whole thing was that he was meant to bring hope to the people of earth and protect it which angels are known to do.

you know I’m only half joking. Only half

SKX31

Smash Master
theres still multiple out there that can take down dharkon

amaterasu
Shadow
King boo
High IQ characters
Another bayo character
Paper Mario

and plenty more I can’t think off because I don’t play that many games these days
High IQ characters
So you mean something like this?:

:4pacman:

Also - since it's related to a somewhat commonly discussed SEGA darkhorse:

Last edited:

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
So... this website went down for a little bit due to a mistake that Google thought this site - (ahem) - "wasn't secure". Nobody's talking about that? OK, then. If nobody believes me, IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED TO ME IN FLORIDA.
The site experienced a temporary lapse in certificate renewal.

Dude! That trailer though....when she sees the carvings my stomach dropped and I just melted into a pool of OMG!!!x10^infinity

.......ok I can breathe now. Can't. Wait. To. PLAY.

Jerry98

Smash Journeyman
Actually the interesting thing? The Chozo may not be the Chozo general from the Chozo Memories.

• When it shows the Chozo Memories in HD in the trailer, it not only shows memories from across the different memories, implying this Chozo may have been the witness to all those events, but it also focuses and zooms in on the Chozo getting killed by the general.
  • If one actually looks at the Chozo in the trailer and the Chozo General in the memories, both have different headgear.
So there are a couple possibilities:
  • This Chozo was one of the leaders that somehow survived the massacre initiated by the Chozo General.
  • It could just be the Chozo General in a different outfit, but because it's not the same one as the one in the memories, it makes it harder to tell if it is the same Chozo General or not.
  • This Chozo was one of the leaders that was killed by the Chozo General, but their body may have been found and revived by an X-Parasite after the events of Metroid 2. It's possible considering the X-Parasites in general, but how after it showed the Chozo and Memories, it then flashbacks to Metroid Fusion with the X-Parasites and SA-X.
You may be right and I like your idea!
At this point let's wait and see :)

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
We may or may not be seeing the final presentation sooner than expected

hint: we probably won’t, but the fact the 8/8/18 direct was privated for NA, EU, and just today JP, and DELETED for AU, is a bit too odd to be a coincidence
Wait, why was that old direct yoinked? That doesn't make sense in any context... unless I'm missing something...

Last edited:

Theguy123

Smash Lord
So I was thinking about the direct thing and what if it’s not a direct for this Sunday. What if its fot a smash direct announcement on Sunday instead.

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
We may or may not be seeing the final presentation sooner than expected

hint: we probably won’t, but the fact the 8/8/18 direct was privated for NA, EU, and just today JP, and DELETED for AU, is a bit too odd to be a coincidence
Going off of this, I was think it'd make more sense if the direct was announced earlier today.
But despite this, they COULD announce it tomorrow.

I couldn't find anything on what you said before, Rie, about how Nintendo announced on a Saturday that they'd reveal new characters (which ended up being Robin and Lucina for Sm4sh)

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Going off of this, I was think it'd make more sense if the direct was announced earlier today.
But despite this, they COULD announce it tomorrow.

I couldn't find anything on what you said before, Rie, about how Nintendo announced on a Saturday that they'd reveal new characters (which ended up being Robin and Lucina for Sm4sh)
I think that was a Friday in hindsight, but yeah

would they announce stuff on a SUNDAY tho? I think Mr. Sakurai Presents Hero was, idk

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
At any rate they’ve just been retweeting stuff nobody cares about after their Super Nintendo World merch tweet, like some basketball TCG thing and some Lunchables thing idk

Imma be watching the Twitter like a hawk

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
It feels like direct season anyhow... and I'm not sure how much difference next week or next month makes. It's already been over three years, after all. We can wait this last little bit, surely.

Last edited:

Gengar84

Smash Hero
I still think we are looking to deep into the Direct thing, I don't know how a private old direct means we are getting a new one, I think it's just some dumb YouTube ****ery that Nintendo hasn't fixed yet.

OR I could be completely wrong.
I think you’re probably right. I’m not sure why it happened but I doubt it really means anything either.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
I think the privatization of 8/8 is likely just some weird Youtube voodoo. I doubt we would get and smash news that would be on the same day, seeing as 8/8 this year is a Sunday. Combine that with Sakurai literally telling us we would have to wait for CP11 and I think we just need to take a step back and relax.

It feels like direct season anyhow... and I'm not sure how much difference next week or next month makes. It's already been over three years, after all. We can wait this last little bit, surely.
While we could in theory get a new direct, I would be hesitant for this month. Nintnedo tends to prefer doing a fall direct rather than one in August for their q4/next year stuff. Then again, I do think it is reasonable to say we might not even get a new character in September, so who knows.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
People are first like "Sakurai said it'll take a while, it'll probably be December" and now a YouTube thing pops up just over a month since Kazuya's release and it's "we might be getting something".

It'll come when it'll come.
Did anybody actually say it'll be December? That sounds comical. My gut was always saying September, maybe October, and while I'd be down to see it happen this month, I'm not holding my breath.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Is it still listed on the NA/EU site? If it is it’ll probably be hidden off the site soon

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
All I know is I picked a good time to check back in... I figured I'd pop in, ask what was up and return to hibernation...
Even if nothing comes of it, 'tis quite spicy indeed...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom