• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

SKX31

Smash Master
Allow me to aid in the exorcism of the Twitter Dot Com
View attachment 315561
Too late:

:4pacman:

I still don't know why Nintendo is publishing this game...
Same reason Nintendo allowed WWE Battlegrounds on the system and highlighted that. Sure, at the end of the day they're going to be very quickly-made games and thus quality might be suspect, but as cashregister9 points out, a lot of different demographics. Covering a lot of bases even if those games are not popular with Nintendo's hardcore audience - who are the ones who are most likely to watch Directs and Youtube vids.

Last edited:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
I'm guessing the two voice actors are working on either:

• Crash 4 DLC
  • A Crossover collab with another game(Brawlhalla, Fortnite etc).

Last edited:

Eldrake

Smash Lord
Last edited:

SNEKeater

Smash Master
If they're only working on it now, it'd be a bit late for it to be a Smash trailer tbh.

Granted, idk how this stuff works, but it feels like that'd be cutting it hella close.
This is what I was going to say, but to be honest, I don't think we actually know how much time in advance Nintendo does the VA work for the characters, or at least, the DLC characters. Do we actually know something about that or not? Because I can't remember.

but yeah, I feel this is too late for CP10. For CP11 I guess it's okay. But they could also just reuse voice clips from his games, I guess.

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
It's certain that the next character already got his video presentation recorded sometime last month.
If I'm not wrong, usually Sakurai records the presentation videos two months before releasing it.
If they released it in June, Sakurai would have definitely finished his video in April.
So the voice acting for the next character was probably already finished earlier this year.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
This is what I was going to say, but to be honest, I don't think we actually know how much time in advance Nintendo does the VA work for the characters, or at least, the DLC characters. Do we actually know something about that or not? Because I can't remember.

but yeah, I feel this is too late for CP10. For CP11 I guess it's okay. But they could also just reuse voice clips from his games, I guess.
Yeah, Crash doesn't seem like a really verbal guy beyond "WOAH." I'm not sure if they'd really need to record new clips for a Smash trailer if he doesn't really speak in full on a regular basis. Cortex, probably, but not sure about Crash.

Granted, I don't know the series that well so this is mostly just guessing on my part.

Eldrake

Smash Lord
As for the Crash and Neo Cortex VA thing; I am assuming it's something that they were given permission to tease about. Considering how tight-lipped Nintendo is, I can't imagine them giving permission for anything of that nature. So whatever this project is, it's probably not related to Smash.

Last edited:

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
As for the Crash and Neo Cortex VA thing; I am assuming it's something that they were given permission to tease about. Considering how tight-lipped Nintendo is, I can't imagine them giving permission for anything of that nature. So whatever this project is, it's probably not related to Smash.
You mean there are other projects that exist than Smash?
Preposterous!

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Gonna nip this in the bud before it starts:

This isn't an NDA deconfirm or whatever. This is just speculation of whether or not the recording is for Smash. It's entirely possible that they recorded voice clips for a trailer earlier in the year, or that they didn't need any clips for a trailer.

Just wanted to make sure we're all aware before things get mixed up along the way.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Gonna nip this in the bud before it starts:

This isn't an NDA deconfirm or whatever. This is just speculation of whether or not the recording is for Smash. It's entirely possible that they recorded voice clips for a trailer earlier in the year, or that they didn't need any clips for a trailer.

Just wanted to make sure we're all aware before things get mixed up along the way.
Too late, people are now making assumptions :4pacman:

warubyun

Smash Apprentice
Not every Nintendo published game will appeal to everyone, there are so many demographics out there.
Personally I would not even take the time and energy to go to the trailer of a game that doesn't appeal to me, and quite obviously wasn't intended to, to hand it a dislike, so I must admit that I don't really get the like-dislike ratio. Clearly there are many who think otherwise in that regard as well.

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
Sometimes, I feel like I'm the only one who doesn't really care who's next.

I just wanna know who they are and when they release.

View attachment 315576
I just want the speculation to end.
Three years is way too much for DLC. Especially when six characters were released in a span of two years.
I'd like the game to be concluded if that makes sense.

7NATOR

Smash Master
I know the Discussion passed

But on the question of what Deconfirmation hit the hardest, Shadow got deconfirmed as an Assist Trophy on my Birthday. I was in such a salty mood I couldn't even appreciate or react to anything else (Including other Assists, Plant, Story mode), the first time I watched it

In retrospect, I think it was for the best that it happened that way...besides there's always the chance in FP2

-----------------

On the Crash VA thing, I will say that Pyra/Mythra's voice actor said that she recorded for the trailer like 5-6 months in advance. I think this happened shortly after she had tweeted how she wasn't hinting at Smash when she was teasing a role for another Project (the recording, not her revealing how long in advanced she recorded)

I don't think this Crash VA thing would be for Smash since it might seem they making this project seem very recent. and if it was for Smash, we wouldn't hear about it

Shroob

Sup?
Three years is way too much for DLC. Especially when six characters were released in a span of two years.
I've longed for that sense of closure for a long, loooong time now.

I can 100% understand people who want the ride to never stop, but I feel like DLC is way more fun when it's done like FP1, all within a single year, not split between 2.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
This short topic of other CastleVania characters is pretty interesting as most third party franchises have an obvious next character, like, nobody's gonna suggest a Mega Man character who isn't Zero, Chun Li gets brought up constantly, people like Raiden now, etc. The only franchises where this doesn't apply are DQ, FF, Persona and Sonic

Clumsyzephyr

Smash Journeyman
I mean...nobody's forcing anyone to focus purely on Smash speculation. You can do other things and just tune in when announcements occur. If you're that burned out why not shift your focus elsewhere? Other games in the genre have been going on just as long, if not longer, yet I've never seen anyone complain about it other than with Smash.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
THE CONCLUSION TO SUPER SMASH BROS ULTIMATE:

The fighting has gone on for too long. Too much violence, too much destruction. The Aegis herself, Mythra, has determined that the only way to truly bring this to an end is with a display of power. She's already destroyed continents before, and she doesn't want to do that. She just wants to display enough power from the Siren to stop the fighting.

SHADOW THE HEDGEHOG however, slightly disagrees. HIS IDEA is to steal the Chaos Emeralds, go to the Space Colony ARK, charge up the Eclipse Cannon and BLOW ALL THE SUPER SMASH BROS SKY HIGH. ALL OF THEM. The fighting ONLY stops when they are all destroyed!

Shadow and Mythra disagree, and in the reaches of space, above the big bad final Smash fight between the whole roster, Shadow and Mythra fight it out. The Aegis vs Chaos. Eventually the Eclipse Cannon gets fired, Mythra tries to pilot the Siren to intercept the laser, it's so strong that she gets pushed down to the planet's surface DBZ style, and a GIANT EXPLOSION ENGLUFS EACH AND EVERY FIGHTER AND THEY ALL GO FLYING!

Wait until Super Smash Bros 6 to see who survived.

There you go. Spoiled it for ya :)

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I know the Discussion passed

But on the question of what Deconfirmation hit the hardest, Shadow got deconfirmed as an Assist Trophy on my Birthday. I was in such a salty mood I couldn't even appreciate or react to anything else (Including other Assists, Plant, Story mode), the first time I watched it

In retrospect, I think it was for the best that it happened that way...besides there's always the chance in FP2

-----------------

On the Crash VA thing, I will say that Pyra/Mythra's voice actor said that she recorded for the trailer like 5-6 months in advance. I think this happened shortly after she had tweeted how she wasn't hinting at Smash when she was teasing a role for another Project (the recording, not her revealing how long in advanced she recorded)

I don't think this Crash VA thing would be for Smash since it might seem they making this project seem very recent. and if it was for Smash, we wouldn't hear about it
Fiora being Final Smash'd was on my birthday, which was also the unveiling of Ultimate so... I getchu

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Sometimes, I feel like I'm the only one who doesn't really care who's next.

I just wanna know who they are and when they release.

View attachment 315576
Same. As long as the character has a cool moveset or the new stage/music is good, I'm completely okay.

Of course, if it happens to be one of the characters I like, that would be better, but I'm not demanding anything, specially when we only have 2 fighters left.

Ivander

Smash Legend
This short topic of other CastleVania characters is pretty interesting as most third party franchises have an obvious next character, like, nobody's gonna suggest a Mega Man character who isn't Zero, Chun Li gets brought up constantly, people like Raiden now, etc. The only franchises where this doesn't apply are DQ, FF, Persona and Sonic
I mean, FF, yeah, but FFVII, I don't see how the next character could be anybody but Tifa.

I'm really curious on if the JP fanbase has a potential character for Dragon Quest. Like, the only ones I have an idea of that I feel could be 2nd are Dragonlord, Psaro or the main character from Dragon Quest V, considering Dragon Quest V's popularity. IIRC, I think the DQV Hero was even considered for a Hero costume and only didn't get in because he wielded a staff rather than a sword.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
I mean...nobody's forcing anyone to focus purely on Smash speculation. You can do other things and just tune in when announcements occur. If you're that burned out why not shift your focus elsewhere? Other games in the genre have been going on just as long, if not longer, yet I've never seen anyone complain about it other than with Smash.
I mean, that's already what I do as is, once a character drops, I basically peace out until roughly the timeframe when another is close.

But there's something to be said that some things aren't meant to go on forever. As much as I love Ultimate, I think I'll love it even more when all the DLC is finished.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
I mean, FF, yeah, but FFVII, I don't see how the next character could be anybody but Tifa.

I'm really curious on if the JP fanbase has a potential character for Dragon Quest. Like, the only ones I have an idea of that I feel could be 2nd are Dragonlord, Psaro or the main character from Dragon Quest V, considering Dragon Quest V's popularity. IIRC, I think the DQV Hero was even considered for a Hero costume and only didn't get in because he wielded a staff rather than a sword.
Whenever I think DQ reps - Which isn't often, admittedly - My thoughts usually default to the Slime. Mascot, would've been used if Hero wasn't available. It's just that series that already got a pack don't get much more attention. At least, that's my theory.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Whenever I think DQ reps - Which isn't often, admittedly - My thoughts usually default to the Slime. Mascot, would've been used if Hero wasn't available. It's just that series that already got a pack don't get much more attention. At least, that's my theory.
this is Sylvando erasure.

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
It's not like I'm focusing purely on Smash speculation. In fact, I usually disappear for months and only come back before E3 or a direct.
However, I'm still complaining that it took them that long to finish the game properly with its DLC. I just wanted the conclusion earlier, same way I wanted the Marvel Universe to have a proper ending and not an extra ten movies planned. Except in this case I'm really not interested in watching them anymore lol

Also while it's not in the same genre, consider the following:

It's been 14 years. People were waiting for a game. Their lives kept going. They eventually found love, started a family.

Still no Half-Life 3. They don't care that much about the game anymore. But they still want to see it released. It's a matter of principle.

Ultimate is not that extreme, but I just want to know it's over.

Technomage

Smash Champion
If they're only working on it now, it'd be a bit late for it to be a Smash trailer tbh.

Granted, idk how this stuff works, but it feels like that'd be cutting it hella close.
Yeah, Crash doesn't seem like a really verbal guy beyond "WOAH." I'm not sure if they'd really need to record new clips for a Smash trailer if he doesn't really speak in full on a regular basis. Cortex, probably, but not sure about Crash.

Granted, I don't know the series that well so this is mostly just guessing on my part.
Theory: Crash's in-game dialogue is reused voice clips that he normally uses, but the voice actor is making new dialogue for the trailer using this voice from Crash 4:

Thoughts?

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
It's not like I'm focusing purely on Smash speculation. In fact, I usually disappear for months and only come back before E3 or a direct.
However, I'm still complaining that it took them that long to finish the game properly with its DLC. I just wanted the conclusion earlier, same way I wanted the Marvel Universe to have a proper ending and not an extra ten movies planned. Except in this case I'm really not interested in watching them anymore lol
The MCU ending would be like Marvel comics ending. I mean, Iron Man/Black Widow/Steve Rodgers/Vision's stories are over, but they're introducing new characters with new stories, and doing new stories for oher characters.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
View attachment 315581

This pic is a pic that'll haunt me until everything ends.

I know, I know it's just a reference at best, and a coincidence at worst.

But god damn those are the exact same 2 clock-hand positions the male and female N.Tropy have on their heads.
I mean the Marth and Isabelle pic was an obvious reference to Arle and the Zamus and Sheik pic at Hayabusa and... I HEAVILY doubt they’ll be the last two

then you got Pyra and Gruntilda... which I hope IS a hint at Reimu cuz Grunty’s a Marisa stand in please just ONE MW Sakurai 🥺

Clumsyzephyr

Smash Journeyman

Also while it's not in the same genre, consider the following:

It's been 14 years. People were waiting for a game. Their lives kept going. They eventually found love, started a family.

Still no Half-Life 3. They don't care that much about the game anymore. But they still want to see it released. It's a matter of principle.

Ultimate is not that extreme, but I just want to know it's over.
Half Life 3 would be a whole new game, Smash dlc is just extra characters on top of what we already have. Like I said, there's games in the genre that have been going on just as long if not longer, Tekken's in season 4, Street Fighter 5 is on season 5. Nobody complains there though because it just means that more content is being added regularly post launch for years and makes the game worth coming back to when new stuff is there to mess with. But with smash I feel that too many people are focused on the finish line. If you're that tired of it, do something else, but Smash Ultimate is far from an incomplete game, this is purely extra content.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Half Life 3 would be a whole new game, Smash dlc is just extra characters on top of what we already have. Like I said, there's games in the genre that have been going on just as long if not longer, Tekken's in season 4, Street Fighter 5 is on season 5. Nobody complains there though because it just means that more content is being added regularly post launch for years and makes the game worth coming back to when new stuff is there to mess with. But with smash I feel that too many people are focused on the finish line. If you're that tired of it, do something else, but Smash Ultimate is far from an incomplete game, this is purely extra content.
I think it has to do with Smash's community being the most desperate for the series' director to take a vacation, but they refuse to realize that thanks to Japan, Sakurai is surrounded by people who think he's a perfectly normal person. The only break he'd take from Ultimate DLC is one involving making a new game, Smash or otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom