• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
People said the same about Microsoft and Square getting more rep in fp2
I feel like the main attraction now is this, I don't expect a triple dipping from them nor even want it. Feels like Nintendo relationship with Microsoft is a tad bit overblown just because of the previous 2 inclusion and the recent news.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Been playing through Mother 3 again and it's making me want Duster in Smash lol. I just beat a boss by flashing my boy band boxers to distract him.
Tbh it's weird how Duster's one of the only Mother 3 party members not given a cameo or anything, he should have at least been an AT

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
It's hard to make informed E3 predictions without knowing who will have a presentation. There's that impressive list of attendees, but out of those, only Nintendo, Microsoft (+Bethesda), Ubisoft and Square Enix have historically held their own presentations in the past few years. Suddenly we have the likes of Capcom, Sega, Bandai Namco, Take-Two and WB all slated to show up? I'd like some clarification. Because on one hand, Konami's statement about their absence hints that they would have held a press conference, and EA delaying theirs from just before E3 to a month later could suggest they don't want to be outshined. But on the other hand, there's companies like Deep Silver, Gearbox, and Marvelous (and some even smaller ones I don't know), and it's hard to imagine all of them having their own press conferences.

I'm really looking forward to the coming weeks as the companies announce dates and times for their respective showcases. For one, because it's a bit like planning a trip, you know how you'll be having fun each day of the schedule - it's exciting! But more importantly, we'll finally know who will have their own dedicated conferences and therefore who we can expect to show up at someone else's (basically either Nintendo's or Microsoft's). That has the potential to be really exciting, because if, say, Capcom aren't having their own conference, they could just turn up at Nintendo's with The Great Ace Attorney trailers and call it a day. But! If they do have their own press conference, then you know they're bringing the big guns.

Paraster

Smash Lord
Oh yay, I found a leak from 4chan:
View attachment 316085
pretty much fake but Wario Land 6 and a new Donkey Kong Country would make me so happy.
SMTIV would be an...odd choice. I'm not an SMT buff, but picking Flynn over Demi-Fiend or the SMTV protagonist would be baffling.

GoodFeel: Hey can I copy your work?
Toys for Bob: Yeah just change it a bit so it's not obvious
"Wario Land 5: He's Back! (In Time)"

Metroid...Dreadnight? Was this a typo and it was supposed to be Dreadnought?

A compilation of Zelda remakes feels like one of those things that everyone says is obviously going to happen but it never does.

Link's Adventure remake would honestly be kinda neat.

Jin Kazama reveal w/ Tekken 7 port: Somewhat plausible. Moreso than Flynn, at least.

Announcement of Fighters Pass 3: Ha ha ha ha ha ha

Stratos

Smash Ace
We saw Banjo and Kazooie coming as newcomers, but if Nintendo had acquired the Rare we would easily see the characters Joanna Dark from Perfect Dark series, Conker etc as newcomers or Assist Trophies.

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
SMTIV would be an...odd choice. I'm not an SMT buff, but picking Flynn over Demi-Fiend or the SMTV protagonist would be baffling.
Flynn over the SMTV protagonist wouldn't be that surprising. It's very rare that we get a character whose game released after their Smash appearance, especially if they're Third Party as none of the current reps fit that mold. The closest to that would be Hero with Eleven being the 'main' face, and even then his game was out beforehand on other systems and he came alongside more established faces such as Erdrick. By comparison Flynn's game was already out and has some popularity to it, so he's at least somewhat established within the fanbase to be considered a pick whereas the SMTV protagonist is completely unproven as we barely even know anything about them.

Flynn over Demi-Fiend I agree would be a bit odd though as the latter is more preferred.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
It's hard to make informed E3 predictions without knowing who will have a presentation. There's that impressive list of attendees, but out of those, only Nintendo, Microsoft (+Bethesda), Ubisoft and Square Enix have historically held their own presentations in the past few years. Suddenly we have the likes of Capcom, Sega, Bandai Namco, Take-Two and WB all slated to show up? I'd like some clarification. Because on one hand, Konami's statement about their absence hints that they would have held a press conference, and EA delaying theirs from just before E3 to a month later could suggest they don't want to be outshined. But on the other hand, there's companies like Deep Silver, Gearbox, and Marvelous (and some even smaller ones I don't know), and it's hard to imagine all of them having their own press conferences.

I'm really looking forward to the coming weeks as the companies announce dates and times for their respective showcases. For one, because it's a bit like planning a trip, you know how you'll be having fun each day of the schedule - it's exciting! But more importantly, we'll finally know who will have their own dedicated conferences and therefore who we can expect to show up at someone else's (basically either Nintendo's or Microsoft's). That has the potential to be really exciting, because if, say, Capcom aren't having their own conference, they could just turn up at Nintendo's with The Great Ace Attorney trailers and call it a day. But! If they do have their own press conference, then you know they're bringing the big guns.
It’s a safer bet that those smaller companies will show up in other companies conferences with the exception of Konami, I just think they’re not there at all which isn’t surprising. I dunno thought. It’s easy for them to all get their own little spotlights since it’s still running for 5 days even though the whole thing is virtual and there’s plans to have “virtual booth visits” through the E3 app. It’s all crazy messed up this year, honestly but it sounds pretty cool.

I’d be shocked to see Konami there at all, honestly. I guess we could see that rumored Bloober Silent Hill or that other Silent Hill or whatever since they are licensed products but even then I’m not so sure.

Most interesting is that Nintendo is “in attendance” even though they’re doing the same thing they’ve done every year and forgo the typical press conference for a Direct but who knows. Maybe their Virtual Booth is a big enough deal to warrant the attendance.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
So remember when I said I was surprised that no one's made a Smash Ultimate rumor/leak/theory iceberg image?

.....I did it.

The image is soo big I have to directly link to it lol

There's no real order to it aside from like, really common stuff at the top, newer theories/leaks at the bottom, and conspiracy stuff at the absolute bottom. If anyone wants to adjust it to be more in order or add stuff to it, feel free(Just credit, plz).

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Haven't heard of Smug Geno and Crash 5 Year, what are those ones?
Smug Geno is the image on the same tier. It was an image of Geno that got tossed around. It was found out to be from a mod, but for the longest time, people thought it was a leak. Eventually, it was debunked when people found the exact mod used in the image and showed that said mod did the idle animation as shown in the image.

The Crash 5 year plan "Exists", but we don't know in what way. We know gaming journalists reported on it years ago as existing, going so far to heavily imply/leak titles that we'd get later on like Crash 4, but the 'rumor' about it in regards to Smash is that supposedly it mentions Crash getting into Smash, something that was never said in the original reports on said plan.

XorahnGaia

Smash Journeyman
So remember when I said I was surprised that no one's made a Smash Ultimate rumor/leak/theory iceberg image?

.....I did it.

The only thing on this iceberg that I can't recall is the Whissblank thing.
Honestly this is a pretty good recollection of the major leaks and rumors that happened during the Ultimate cycle, I wonder how much it will be expanded upoon in the next 6 months, if at all.

Shroob

Sup?
The only thing on this iceberg that I can't recall is the Whissblank thing.
Honestly this is a pretty good recollection of the major leaks and rumors that happened during the Ultimate cycle, I wonder how much it will be expanded upoon in the next 6 months, if at all.
Whissl was the Neogaf(iirc) user that said Soren would be a Robin Echo.

Shroob

Sup?
Anyway, if anyone wants to tidy it up, maybe put it into a semblance of order/add stuff/adjust the text to be nicer, be my guest(Just credit me because I wasted 4 hours making and doing research for this **** lol).

XorahnGaia

Smash Journeyman

Shroob

Sup?
Oh yeah I remember that.
Thinking about it I think the only major "leaks" that are missing from this iceberg are the various "Codename leaks" that were popular after E3 2018 ( they are even mentioned in the Rumor page of the Smashwiki: https://www.ssbwiki.com/List_of_rumors#Codenames_"leak").
I definitely missed a lot of leaks probably, but I also don't really care. I spent 4 hours on this, I'm tired. :nifty:lol

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

.....I did it.

There's no real order to it aside from like, really common stuff at the top, newer theories/leaks at the bottom, and conspiracy stuff at the absolute bottom. If anyone wants to adjust it to be more in order or add stuff to it, feel free(Just credit, plz).
What’s CHADondorf and Slipspace?

also I can’t believe you forgot the Gardevoir/Gothitelle “leak” and the conspiracy theory that Byleth and Hayabusa switched places
Figurine theory is back. :4pacman:
Who’s the brown haired sprite at the very end?

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
What’s CHADondorf?

also I can’t believe you forgot the Gardevoir/Gothitelle “leak” and the conspiracy theory that Byleth and Hayabusa switched places
Gardevoir/Gothitelle is on there.

CHADondorf is what is theorized to have started the Grinch leak. It was the extremely foul mouthed 4chan post with a CHAD Ganondorf image that had the same characters as the Grinch Leak.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Gardevoir/Gothitelle is on there.

CHADondorf is what is theorized to have started the Grinch leak. It was the extremely foul mouthed 4chan post with a CHAD Ganondorf image that had the same characters as the Grinch Leak.
I edited it in too late but also what’s Slipspace?

Shroob

Sup?
I edited it in too late but also what’s Slipspace?
Slipspace leak was a 4chan leak that got Terry's release date right that said Doomslayer was CP5, we'd be getting the cut Brawl mode Slipspace back in Terry's patch, and that Geno and Frogger were upcoming DLC.

It was the leak that had people semi-seriously, mostly jokingly considering Frogger for awhile.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom