• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DLC possiblity from Xenoblade chronicles

DLC possiblity from Xenoblade chronicles

• Total voters

Robin Lucina

Smash Apprentice
As a title above, Let's vote to poll about the possiblity of DLC from Xenoblade chronicles series.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Whilst I am still 100% unsure whether spirits really deconfirms a character's chances of being playable, if I were to pick some other candidates out of the Xenoblade uinverse:

• Lora & Jin
  • Malos
  • Addam & Mythra

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
I think Elma has a.fair shot. Like back in May of this year Monolith Soft said they wanted to do a Xenoblade chronicles x 2. And a xenoblade chronicles 3.

I.also read (can't find the link anymore) that Monolith Soft does want Elma for Xenoblade chronicles x 2

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Whilst I am still 100% unsure whether spirits really deconfirms a character's chances of being playable, if I were to pick some other candidates out of the Xenoblade uinverse:

• Lora & Jin
  • Malos
  • Addam & Mythra
KOS-MOS may also be a possibility do not believe a spirit of her has been spotted

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
It's very probable that we may see Elma as DLC. One is because of the possible X-2, but the other reason is that there is zero music from X in the game.

KingOfKazoos

Smash Cadet
Rex and Elma are both spirits. Assuming spirits actually don't deconfirm then Elma would be the one.

Rex however, is pretty much deconfirmed. I mean why else would they include a mii costume in the fighter pass if Rex was gonna be in the fighter pass anyways?

I can't see any happening besides Rex or Elma. Unless it's a character from that new Xeno 2 DLC maybe?

D

Deleted member

Unlikely, it seems like 3rd parties and FE ads are more likely, especially since XC2 was too late.
How is Rex too late for the roster but a Three Houses character isn't? Genuinely curious as to how anyone can simultaneously believe both.

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
I mean, Rex is already a Mii Costume, so unless they're adding Elma probably not going to happen.
and Chrom is still Robin's Final Smash, Link is on the Spirit Train stage, and multiple other playable characters have mii costumes. I'm sorry but I don't understand your statement at all

Rex however, is pretty much deconfirmed. I mean why else would they include a mii costume in the fighter pass if Rex was gonna be in the fighter pass anyways?
to placate the fans to help with the 6 month to year wait. Keep in mind that Rex is mega popular right now in both America but most importantly Japan. Xenoblade is also now a 1 million dollar seller. Not everyone understands the time table for developing a game so many people expected Rex in the base game. Sakurai wants to do the impossible and make everyone happy (thus the tag line "Everyone is here"). Likewise Nintendo will want to advertise their new big IP.

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
How is Rex too late for the roster but a Three Houses character isn't? Genuinely curious as to how anyone can simultaneously believe both.
\
Because 3 Houses is coming out almost 2 years later......????
Rex's design wasn't finalized when they decided on the roster, and for that matter, any particular XC2 characters. So it makes sense a mii fighter costume is the most we're getting. But Intelligent Systems is so paranoid that FE won't sell well, so they pressure Sakurai into adding FE fighters to the game. They probably chose a character whose making a 2nd/3rd appearance in FE through 3 houses to start off with then fed them info during the development of the game. Seriously, they'll go nuts if there isn't another FE character.

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
Because 3 Houses is coming out almost 2 years later......????
Rex's design wasn't finalized when they decided on the roster, and for that matter, any particular XC2 characters. So it makes sense a mii fighter costume is the most we're getting.
Why? Why can't Nintendo still advertise for Xenoblade? Torna DLC just came out recently and a new Xenoblade game is in the works. Fire Emblem has a bigger install base already so why would Nintendo prioritize advertising for that game over Xenoblade. I mean if Xenoblade 2 is too old to represent then why even bother with a mii costume? Keep in mind, that Mii costume is meant as an incentive for people purchasing the DLC. Why? Why not just have it included in the base game?

Furthermore why are we just assuming all character will be marketing characters when only one character in the history of smash has been used for the sheer sake of marketing? Keep in mind Roy was added simply because of the addition of clones and Sakurai liking the fire element to his sword. I'm not going to be ignorant and say Rex is a given, but to say Rex doesn't even have a chance because of a costume and an assumption? It doesn't make sense

But Intelligent Systems is so paranoid that FE won't sell well, so they pressure Sakurai into adding FE fighters to the game. They probably chose a character whose making a 2nd/3rd appearance in FE through 3 houses to start off with then fed them info during the development of the game. Seriously, they'll go nuts if there isn't another FE character.
where is this coming from? The only suggested marketed Fire Emblem character has been Corrin. Ike was from massive fan demand, Robin was added because of how huge awakening's install base was, and Lucina and Chrom were quick echoes made simply because they took very few resources and had fan demand (Roy I already mentioned earlier). And we don't even know that it was IS that pushed Corrin...

Last edited:

Sabertooth

Smash Ace
Maybe the ad character will be the protagonist Lithal from Xenoblade Chronicles 3 along with his mechanical fairy companion Spindrax.

Robin Lucina

Smash Apprentice
Maybe the ad character will be the protagonist Lithal from Xenoblade Chronicles 3 along with his mechanical fairy companion Spindrax.
Xenoblade Chronicles 3?
is there news about Xenoblade Chronicles 3?
Any trailers?

Xphooni

Smash Apprentice
I definitely foresee rex as a dlc fighter. Sakurai said himself that he was unable to include him due to the release of the title. But its yet to be confirmed that dlc was decided at the same time as everyother character. There is still hope.

NeonPulse

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW 6308 7173 2712
I definitely foresee rex as a dlc fighter. Sakurai said himself that he was unable to include him due to the release of the title. But its yet to be confirmed that dlc was decided at the same time as everyother character. There is still hope.
If he were to be a DLC fighter, there would've been no point in apologising for not including Rex and for the Mii costume.

Xphooni

Smash Apprentice
If he were to be a DLC fighter, there would've been no point in apologising for not including Rex and for the Mii costume.
He was apologizing for him not being in the base game. Furthermore supporting that he may be dlc.

Top Bottom