• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DLC - Crash Bandicoot - WHOOOOAAAAA!!!!!

Graizen

Smash Champion
Is Crash Bandicoot coming to Smash?! Leak + Rumor + Proof

Text :

I do not know if you are aware but lately was rolling a rumor that the games of the Crash Bandicoot series of GBA would be released for the Virtual Console Wii U, with videos, images etc. But there is a reason, Crash would come as a playable character in Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS. A leaker called Katsuo Yoshikai posted a video on Youtube: one was a Trailer Crash Huge Adventure. The other was a video in which the GBA Crash games are shown, the Wii U menu, Virtual Console menu, and start the game ... He deleted the channel after apologizing for Nintendo. 4th he reopened the canal and posted a video yesterday saying that Crash Bandicoot and Spyro (Skylanders design) will come to the Smash Bros., and said it will post a video showing the very Smash Bros ... I researched a lot, and honestly think be real. Anyway, what is your opinion about this?

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218

Text :

I do not know if you are aware but lately was rolling a rumor that the games of the Crash Bandicoot series of GBA would be released for the Virtual Console Wii U, with videos, images etc. But there is a reason, Crash would come as a playable character in Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS. A leaker called Katsuo Yoshikai posted a video on Youtube: one was a Trailer Crash Huge Adventure. The other was a video in which the GBA Crash games are shown, the Wii U menu, Virtual Console menu, and start the game ... He deleted the channel after apologizing for Nintendo. 4th he reopened the canal and posted a video yesterday saying that Crash Bandicoot and Spyro (Skylanders design) will come to the Smash Bros., and said it will post a video showing the very Smash Bros ... I researched a lot, and honestly think be real. Anyway, what is your opinion about this?
I tried to contact you about this before, Graizen... For me, this ride already passed. But I want still to hold some hope.. Who knows? --Maybe this is not connected with the other (and current) leak (which, I my opinion, would actually be a shocking reveal for many... since our Tweet leak says it's not a shocking character), but he's somewhat coming for Smash.. I add that our current information is that the guy knows only about one character; but maybe Crash is one of these 3?

aaaaa, I want to believe. XD

Burruni

Smash Hero

Text :

Uhm.
1) Even if the Crash games got on VC, it means nothing for his chances in Smash. We got SMRPG but no Geno.
2) Without any visual proof of those videos, that background is just heresay for the leaker as there's not reall backup for it.
3) I'm vocally against the idea of more 3rd Parties as DLC for the legal and economic walls if nothing else. And even then, Crash and Spyro have lost the power that their names hold. As "dead" as people could try to call :4megaman:, he's still JUMP N SHOOT MAN... an icon that never really fell out of importance.

I was told to post here (for some reason)
Yeah i'm pretty sure it's fake. There are too many weird things. Plus being asked to take it down instead of a straight up order (which nintendo has shown the power to do in the past) is incredibly suspicious.
I see no reason to believe it is true. No reason for someone to have info on the eshop and smash DLC either because of how separate they are . . .

Troykv

Smash Master

Text :

Crash Bandicoot games in the Wii U Virtual Console? That sounds great... I was a Crash Bandicoot years ago (Now is just a childhood memory).

But... Crash Bandicoot and Spyro in Smash Bros?... Oh this sounds so... weird and my mind tells me that this unrealistic... but... Could explain what exactly did you research?

Last edited:

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
Honestly. Im not sure if this warrants an appearance in SM4SH but is not impossible. At least with this, he can be connected to Nintendo in some way, I guess.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
well, he got the same merit that Sonic has, as far competition goes (and he actually won the race with the PSOne against the N64). He's very popular and beloved in Japan too. but I guess I can't hold too much hope in this stuff, sadly.

Burruni

Smash Hero
well, he got the same merit that Sonic has, as far competition goes (and he actually won the race with the PSOne against the N64). He's very popular and beloved in Japan too. but I guess I can't hold too much hope in this stuff, sadly.
Except... he doesn't.
Crash was one of the two big mascots for the PS1, and that is largely across... late 1996 to when Warped came out, late 98.
He burned bright but short. Of course, CTR, Bash, and the first few Activision games kept him in some relevancy... but we're talking about a 3rd Party character who last saw consoles in 2008 and last game was mobile in 2010.

Sonic has been relevant and huge (for good and bad) since his birth.
1991-2015
24 years of Sonic being one of the biggest figures of gaming.
Crash and Spyro LARGELY fell off the face of gaming with the turn of the century. And I haven't heard a THING about their impact/desire in eastern markets.

Edit: Also, just to say, it'd be INCREDIBLY weird for a character who's time in the spotlight was the PS1 to be in Nintendo's celebration before Sony's....

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Text :

Some of this is way to sketchy to even view the information as valid. While the research is very well done, there aren't that many things that backs it up well in comparison to the Rogerbase/Zef leak.

Though it would be great to have the Crash games on the Virtual Console since it would be a great way of forgetting that those horrid Titans/Mutants game existed.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Except... he doesn't.
Crash was one of the two big mascots for the PS1, and that is largely across... late 1996 to when Warped came out, late 98.
He burned bright but short. Of course, CTR, Bash, and the first few Activision games kept him in some relevancy... but we're talking about a 3rd Party character who last saw consoles in 2008 and last game was mobile in 2010.

Sonic has been relevant and huge (for good and bad) since his birth.
1991-2015
24 years of Sonic being one of the biggest figures of gaming.
Crash and Spyro LARGELY fell off the face of gaming with the turn of the century. And I haven't heard a THING about their impact/desire in eastern markets.
I'm not saying merits in terms of relevance right now; I'm saying about the past, and was just because of the past that many (if not all) guests characters are in Smash; --Sonic even was added in Brawl in his darkest days after '06.

When I say merits, I say that Crash was able beat Nintendo through competition; they have a relation through rivalry with the character as they have with SEGA and Sonic. the only difference that Activision wasn't persistent to keep trying to bring Crash back to relevance somehow.. But just by what he did on PSOne is worth.

Kabutops

Smash Journeyman

Text :

I am about 100% certain it's all fake as of now. He already had lowered his credibility when he said Crash was getting in Smash since we all know that is highly unlikely. And now his claim that the Skylander's remodel of Spyro was also getting in pretty much obliterated what little credibility he had left. Crash's chances are already pretty darn slim (but not impossible). Both Crash & Spyro getting in is 100 times less likely. And not just any Spyro, but the hideous redesign that practically the entirety of the Spyro fanbase abhors. We all know Sakurai prefers classic models. He is a man of taste & would never let a disgusting remodel like that get in to Smash.

I'm kind of glad Katsuo did this recent video though, since I no longer have to wonder if the initial leaks were real anymore. It feels good to know that these rumors can be laid to rest now.

Last edited:

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
Edit: Also, just to say, it'd be INCREDIBLY weird for a character who's time in the spotlight was the PS1 to be in Nintendo's celebration before Sony's....
PSASBR was awful and they're not making a second one, therefore it makes complete sense

And Mega Man is as good as dead honestly. Capcom thinks of him as a joke (this years April Fools) and Beck is coming soon. I honestly have no hope that Capcom will make another game for him. Ryu is the new mascot of Capcom now really.

Crash AND Spyro would be lovely, but a huge stretch. And honestly, if Spyro had his Skylanders design, that'd kinda ruin it. Especially considering he pushed for Pac-Man to have his classic design otherwise he wouldn't have put him in.

Last edited:

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
Weird, I chose that word for a reason.

What you'd really suspect to come out of Crash, considering which company he's far more iconicized with?
I'm not sure if I quite understand what you were saying, but yeah it was a stupid and missed opportunity for him and Spyro in that game, but it kinda saved them at the same time

FlabbyOrb

Smash Cadet
NNID
amacadaeg
Nintendo should make crash a dlc character in 2016, as the first Crash Bandicoot was released nearly 20 years ago in 1996, this would make for a perfect revival

Kabutops

Smash Journeyman
Welp, as expected, the whole story of Crash in Smash was fake, and the VC games too. But seems that the channel opened recently it's not from the original guy who made these hoaxes. But he has a Twitter account now. Check this out!
https://twitter.com/JapaneseDudeGBA/status/653298664752947201
I had suspected that the recent account wasn't by the same guy. The claims on the most recent video seemed too absurd to have come from the same person. But I wasn't sure. It's nice to see the original leaker fess up... that is if that really is him (who the heck knows anymore).

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
I had suspected that the recent account wasn't by the same guy. The claims on the most recent video seemed too absurd to have come from the same person. But I wasn't sure. It's nice to see the original leaker fess up... that is if that really is him (who the heck knows anymore).
JeremiahIsaiah made a video about this. He explained how the guy reached him and all. but since the video wasn't scripted, it turned to be a bit more confusing. But I guess some other youtubers like OGC will come with subject eventually. I can't get mad with the guy tho, was a really good job.

schavira

Smash Journeyman
There is very little chance of this happening, BUT, at the very least, if there an Activison rep then it will be Crash, period. They own no other character who is bigger (besides Tony Hawk lol - a contract that expires this year).

If we were going to go by unrepresented mega-publishers (plus Konami lol), here are pretty much the only viable candidates:
Konami: Snake (unlikely right now), Bomberman, Simon Belmont, Frogger (very unlikely as a standalone character)
Square-Enix: Lara Croft, Cloud/Sephiroth, Sora, Chocobo, Black Mage, a Dragon Quest rep, Crono (would be a good Goku equivalent / Akira Toriyama representation)
Ubisoft: Rayman (no one else stands a chance, save maybe a Rabbid, who would definitely be lower priority)
EA: None? Also: on very bad terms with Nintendo at the moment.
Activision: Crash, Spyro

That's it. It's either Crash or Spyro, and Crash sold WAY more units. So, if Activision ever were to collaborate on Smash and offer properties we would get Crash. What makes me hopeful are their appearances in Nintendo Directs (the exclusive Skylanders content and amiibo hybrids is a good example). HOWEVER, I do NOT expect it to happen in the lifetime of SSB4. Maybe next time. Crash MAY have a new (and hopefully decent) game by then.

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866
So now that the DLC group is happening now, who would want to start up the Crash DLC thread? I'm assuming W WarioWaft would, unless he would want someone else to start it (Personally I would like to start it up again and include the OP as well as some other stuff, though I wouldn't care if I was owner or not).

To think that the speculation might be coming to an end soon. While the Crash support wasn't exactly big, I think it was at least nice to see some support for the marsupial. Hopefully next game we'll able to rally up more support (That is, if Crash were to make a return).

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
So after a time for thinking, I decided to join the cause of Crash Bandicoot! It's clearly too late... the Ballot will just end in the next month and he didn't get the attention he deserves.. But I'd like to help to spread some mockups and arguments that will stir people's imagination; If he (sadly) doesn't get this time, he'll be a relevant name in the market once again, with our help; --please, let me know what you guys think about my proposal, and share with friends, other boards, everywhere you can!

Warning: Big Image

I'll be working in some other things for these last days campaign
You sir, deserve a cookie. This is ****ing beautiful!

Etika is running a poll right now and so far Crash is in the top 15! I guess there is a lot more support for the orange marsupial than I thought. Here are the current results:

1. Snake (4558 votes)
2. Shovel Knight (4047 votes)
3. Banjo-Kazooie (3849 votes)
4. Shantae (3685 votes)
5. Inkling (3329 votes)
6. Wolf (2877 votes)
7. Sora (2469 votes)
8. Isaac (2386 votes)
9. King K. Rool (2365 votes)
10. Rayman (2146 votes)
11. Ice Climbers (2070 votes)
12. Bayonetta (1577 votes)
13. Zero (Megaman) (1386 votes)
14. Waluigi (1248 votes)
15. Crash Bandicoot (1218 votes)

I think these poll results will more closely resemble the official ballot results than other polls I've seen, since Etika has a huge audience, with 69,632 votes so far. Go Crash!
The fact that Bayonetta gets more votes than Crash is incredibly disturbing...

Last edited:
Top Bottom