• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DLC - Crash Bandicoot - WHOOOOAAAAA!!!!!

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I don't even care about Crash and I'm looking forward to this.

This guy should join the Smashified team.

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
I don't even care about Crash and I'm looking forward to this.

This guy should join the Smashified team.
Where from? I'd like to see! It looks cool but not liking the facial expression to be honest

Tito Maas

Smash Ace
NNID
2OwtBlue
Wait, what the hell? This should be bumped immediately!

An obvious choice for one of his palettes would be his tattooed redesign. I don't like those games, but I do like that look as an alternate for Crash.

Also, it can't be argued; Twinsanity should be the basis for his design.

Loving some of the ideas in the OP; it's a shame that he won't get more votes. A true icon torn down by the industry.

Last edited:

Retrotator

Smash Cadet
Just out of curiosity, what music from Smash 4 reminds you the most of the Crash games the most?
So far I think these songs sound similar:

Bathtime Theme (Vocal Mix) reminds me a lot of Crash 1 and Twinsanity.

Menu (Melee) Ver. 2 reminds me of Crash 2's snow chase levels or Wrath of Cortex.

The rhythm of Luigi Raceway reminds me of N. Gin's theme from Crash 2.

Multiplayer (Metroid Prime 2: Echoes) reminds me of some of Crash Bash's techno music.

Norfair has a little bit of an ambient feel like Jungle Rollers from Crash 1.

Shotgun Kiss reminds me of some of the faster music from Crash 2.

Yoshi's Story Ver. 2 reminds me of Crash 1's theme.

Most of the Pokémon battle music reminds me of Crash Nitro Kart.

The beginning of Onett Theme / Winter's Theme sound's like Crash Team Racing's Theme.

Chill (Dr. Mario) sounds a lot like Uka Uka's Crash Twinsanity theme to me.

Jogging/Countdown reminds me of Wrath of Cortex.

Last edited:

MAtgSy

Smash Ace
I support this just for the sake of seeing the internet explode.

Bennext

Smash Cadet
CRASH 4 SMASH. He's the protagonist of his game.
Some skeptics think that his music doesn't integrate that well with anything other than Crash games, what do you think?
Smash needs more spin.

Kabutops

Smash Journeyman
NINTENDO IS NOW PARTNERS WITH ACTIVISION!!!! AMIIBOS AND SKYLANDERS JOINED FORCES!! CRASH FINALLY HAS A SHOT AT SMASH NOW!!! VOTE CRASH 4 SMASH!!

SmashJC

Smash Journeyman
Nintendo and Activision partnered, the prophesy finally happened, we need CrASH FOR SmASH

Last edited:

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
There's a recent vid up about the history of Crash Bandicoot: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFX5p4o2ZmU

What's interesting is that they touch upon the Playstation's origins, but what wasn't stated is that during Crash's reveal at E3 in the 90's, Miyamoto tried the demo for Crash 1, was very impressed and even offered to hire Naughty Dog. The offer was taken extremely seriously by ND, but obviously we know the answer now.

And IDK if this is known, but tv tropes had a link to this poll chart: http://i.imgur.com/7NYL9nB.png
Quite heartwarming to know he's still liked overseas.

SmashJC

Smash Journeyman
@ BirthNote BirthNote they said no because they already were hired by Universal, if that weren't like that, we would had Crash Bandicoot for N64, and he would still alive

We love the bandicoot, we deal with it.

Note that i've modified it, now it looks abit better

Last edited:

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
It would be funny if Crash got into Smash rather than PSASBR. Back on E3 when showing the Skylander DK and Bowser, was wondering if something would come out of it like Spyro in Smash or even Crash. After all, the 8 GB Wii U units come with Skylanders...

Kabutops

Smash Journeyman
@ BirthNote BirthNote they said no because they already were hired by Universal, if that weren't like that, we would had Crash Bandicoot for N64, and he would still alive
Crash wouldn't have been the same. Part of Naughty Dog's motivation for Crash was to make a mascot for Sony that could compete with Mario. They wouldn't really have competed if they were on the same console. That competition was part of the fuel that drove Crash to become such a memorable series. Perhaps even more importantly were the hardware limitations of the N64. According to Gavin, the N64 was superior in handling large polygons but struggled with handling the complex 3D visuals containing tons of smaller polygons that was to be achieved on the Playstation. You can find more details here. But the point is that Crash would not be what it came to be if it were not released on the Playstation.

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
"Our next character to be #Smashified will be wearing boots! Can you guess who?"
Crash Bandicoot, duh, he has boots, big boots!!!
Ugh, I wish dude, you have no idea how long I've been requesting him. He got the highest votes on one of the youtube comments from me. It's definiately Isaac though. Crash's "boots" are more like shoes

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
So I guess the Smashified crew decided to make Bomberman the last 3rd party character for a while.

Needless to say, I'm upset. Crash was the highest rated on any other request since Shovel Knight's video and go cast aside again. They truly forgot even though I bring it up :( looks like everyone is forgetting about Crash...

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
He's probably the most iconic 3rd party character from a series that has not been in Smash, yet no one gives a **** about him anymore. So sad.

Top Bottom