• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Character Discussion Thread - Read the new sticky/announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium

Logo12

Smash Lord
Somewhere without a Smash community. Send hlep
Since today's a fairly slow day for Smash, I thought I would do a little fun thing.

What Smashboard user comes to mind when associated with a potential DLC character? Here are the ones that come to mind for me...

K. Rool: @BKuppa666
Isaac: @N3ON
Bandana Dee: @ Chandeelure Chandeelure
Daisy: @Azure Warrior
Rayman: @JamesDNaux
Wolf: @[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]
Snake: @Scoliosis Jones
Paper Mario: @ aldelaro5 aldelaro5
Krystal: @jahkzheng

ummm nothing else.

If that includes non-DLC characters:
Mr Game and Watch: @Furret24
Greninja: @TehEpicRyuga
Rosalina and Luma: @ Tino Tino

etc etc etc.

Logo12

Smash Lord
Just browsing around twitters then this happened:

Ariudo: "Mr Sakurai, is this your personal account?"
Sakurai: "Nope, it isn't"
Ariudo: "Okay, understood. (*`・ω・)ゞ
The last guy apparently don't understand the conversation at all and posted something completely irrelevant. Lol

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
It doesn't help that Sakurai has mentioned since the Brawl days that he flat out ignores requests that are sent to any of his online accounts. The guy's heart is in the right place but I wouldn't be surprised if Sakurai doesn't even bother trying to read anything that's sent to him that isn't in Japanese.

Logo12

Smash Lord
It doesn't help that Sakurai has mentioned since the Brawl days that he flat out ignores requests that are sent to any of his online accounts. The guy's heart is in the right place but I wouldn't be surprised if Sakurai doesn't even bother trying to read anything that's sent to him that isn't in Japanese.
"すみませんが、内容に関する質問には一切お答えできません。"
"Sorry for any inconvenience, but any questions regarding the content [of SSB4] will not be answered."​

So yeah.

Talpr1

Smash Journeyman
Every time I hear someone supporting Tiki I actually think for a second that they are supporting Tiki Tong from Donkey Kong Country Returns, rather than Tiki from Fire Emblem.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
"すみませんが、内容に関する質問には一切お答えできません。"
"Sorry for any inconvenience, but any questions regarding the content [of SSB4] will not be answered."​

So yeah.
Questions. It doesn't mean he doesn't see images and comments that are sent in his direction (though how much of the crazy English ones he can understand is unknown).

Also, the "account" thing he was referencing was on Instagram. There's a fake account for him on there.

Logo12

Smash Lord
Questions. It doesn't mean he doesn't see images and comments that are sent in his direction (though how much of the crazy English ones he can understand is unknown).

Also, the "account" thing he was referencing was on Instagram. There's a fake account for him on there.
Oh, okay.

But yeah, why are people even sending useless requests this way tho?

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Some people probably legitimately think he'll listen to whatever they send him. Others, like the Kremling Kampaign, aim just to catch his eye and potentially get the wheels turning in his head, rather than sitting back and hoping for the best.

Anyhow, I've been working on this for a few days now, and it's a bit late, but here's a tribute to Satoru Iwata I made, featuring images @Swampasaur gathered from all the character support threads. It's not super fancy, but I tried making it as heartfelt as possible anyway. I hope you all enjoy it!

Last edited:

PoopFeast420

Smash Cadet
I'm still kind of holding on to the slim hope that Shovel Knight gets in. Yacht Club Games was really pushing for it around the start of the ballot, but then again so were a lot devs, since smash has that exposure that a lot of people crave.

Deathlightning21

Smash Lord
NNID
Deathlightning21
3DS FC
1779-0225-2026
I'm still kind of holding on to the slim hope that Shovel Knight gets in. Yacht Club Games was really pushing for it around the start of the ballot, but then again so were a lot devs, since smash has that exposure that a lot of people crave.
Smash Brothers is an Advertisers Dream/Nightmare.

Its their Dream Because its a well regarded advertisement ship that, if your character gets in, gets exposed to alot of tournament streaming, fan videos, and Nintendo making hype videos for that new character from a different company/developer.

And while its a Nightmare is because, well, lets face it....Smash Brothers fans are very picky about what they want. Heck, if you want big proof about this, just look how Fire Emblem series has been treated recently. The overall fanbase is tired of seeing dudes and gals swing swords and shoot magic all over the stage. And if a company's character gets in before a character that the fanbase has been pushing for a long time (Like one recent King K Rool) both Nintendo and that company better be prepared for a wave of hate from the fanbase.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Smash Brothers is an Advertisers Dream/Nightmare.
Its their Dream Because its a well regarded advertisement ship that, if your character gets in, gets exposed to alot of tournament streaming, fan videos, and Nintendo making hype videos for that new character from a different company/developer.
And while its a Nightmare is because, well, lets face it....Smash Brothers fans are very picky about what they want. Heck, if you want big proof about this, just look how Fire Emblem series has been treated recently. The overall fanbase is tired of seeing dudes and gals swing swords and shoot magic all over the stage. And if a company's character gets in before a character that the fanbase has been pushing for a long time (Like one recent King K Rool) both Nintendo and that company better be prepared for a wave of hate from the fanbase.
I agree. It's definitely a double-edged sword. If Shovel Knight gets into Smash.
Hey. Speaking of double edged swords, knights getting to Smash, AND nightmares...

I'm going to advertise THIS Nightmare now! :D

Doompatron3000

Smash Journeyman
Just a hypothetical question, but, if we were to count the Mii character costumes (examples Chrom and King K. Rool), as their own, separate character, how many would we have?

Alph Aran

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AlphSquad
I want to say that no one asked for Lucina to turn out the way she did and Roy is strictly a Melee rep(Nah, but he is optional DLC that no one is forced to buy), but that's already been said before... to no positive effect. Still, it sucks to be told that your most wanted character shouldn't have a chance just because of the idea of franchise representation having to balance with game sales. In my opinion, that is messed up when it comes to DLC. I didn't think of the vanilla roster when I voted.
I agree. It's definitely a double-edged sword. If Shovel Knight gets into Smash.
Hey. Speaking of double edged swords, knights getting to Smash, AND nightmares...

I'm going to advertise THIS Nightmare now! :D
Out of all the video game villains I know that could join Smash, yep. Should be Nightmare. 10/10 "would duel in Smash" - Alph Aran

Seems like a fitting opponent for Ike. Bring it!

Last edited:

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Some people probably legitimately think he'll listen to whatever they send him. Others, like the Kremling Kampaign, aim just to catch his eye and potentially get the wheels turning in his head, rather than sitting back and hoping for the best.

Anyhow, I've been working on this for a few days now, and it's a bit late, but here's a tribute to Satoru Iwata I made, featuring images @Swampasaur gathered from all the character support threads. It's not super fancy, but I tried making it as heartfelt as possible anyway. I hope you all enjoy it!

Beautiful... :crying: It's still so shocking to think that Mr. Iwata's gone... Also Sakurai's thoughts at his funeral are very touching too.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I want to say that no one asked for Lucina to turn out the way she did and Roy is strictly a Melee rep(Nah, but he is optional DLC that no one is forced to buy), but that's already been said before... to no positive effect. Still, it sucks to be told that your most wanted character shouldn't have a chance just because of the idea of franchise representation having to balance with game sales. In my opinion, that is messed up when it comes to DLC. I didn't think of the vanilla roster when I voted.
How is Roy strictly a Melee rep? Oh wait, lemme guess. FE fans don't like him and only Smash Bros fans want him despite his game selling more than both of Ike's games combined in Japan.

Just lay off the Haterade why don't you.

Deathlightning21

Smash Lord
NNID
Deathlightning21
3DS FC
1779-0225-2026
How is Roy strictly a Melee rep? Oh wait, lemme guess. FE fans don't like him and only Smash Bros fans want him despite his game selling more than both of Ike's games combined in Japan.

Just lay off the Haterade why don't you.
Come on now, Lets not give people more reason to think badly of FE fans around here >.>

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I'm just really tired of seeing that kind of stupid logic on the internet. It's false and it's unwarranted hate.

Deathlightning21

Smash Lord
NNID
Deathlightning21
3DS FC
1779-0225-2026
I'm just really tired of seeing that kind of stupid logic on the internet. It's false and it's unwarranted hate.
I gotcha man, No one wants to see trash talk/anything negative against their favorites. But lets not also be that guy, kay? Kay.

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
What if Sakurai just decided to be a massive **** and make Wolf, Issac, Dixie and Tiki DLC costumes and then immediately confirm King K.Rool and Ridley as DLC? How much fire would there be? :p

Deathlightning21

Smash Lord
NNID
Deathlightning21
3DS FC
1779-0225-2026
What if Sakurai just decided to be a massive **** and make Wolf, Issac, Dixie and Tiki DLC costumes and then immediately confirm King K.Rool and Ridley as DLC? How much fire would there be? :p
I mean....It wouldn't be that much fire...If you squint really, REALLY hard at it....

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
I'd be sad about Issac and TIki but honestly, I'd take it, I'd like a worthwhile Ridley in the game

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
I think the common reaction would be "ya-buh? What the hell is happening now?" followed by screams of joy from the villainous reptile association before everyone moves on to the next thing that they desperately want in Smash, as characters fade into the roster and the hype of their inclusion dies down.

The cycle of Smash Speculation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom