• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Character Discussion Thread - Read the new sticky/announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
Oh-tail! Don't forget the tail! :estatic:
For the love of god, please don't forget the tail he looks so stupid other-wise

Okay from what I can see here the viruses are just gonna stand around while the pills fall, maybe you have to hit the pills to move and spin them around and you'll get a point if the pill you hit last makes the virus pop
Maybe depending on the Level, Speed and Virus Count on the background the battlefield will change

god though, this stage is TINY, and it's made tinier with the viruses especially if they can damage you as well as constantfalling pills, I'm not sure I'm gonna like it

PoopFeast420

Smash Cadet
Suddenly all ballot front runners deconfirmed.
Not necessarily, when people bill a character as a front runner or a sure fire winner of the ballot, they fail to remember a lot of things that I will detail below.

1. Polls are not always indicative of the actual results. I.E: when the polls that were conducted on here, reddit, etc, occurred they showed the results and desires of those who voted in these very specific locations. It also fails to take in consideration that while support for one character may be rather fierce in one country, there may be little to no support in other countries for the same character.
  2. Mii costumes do not directly deconfirm a character. This has been said a lot in a wide variety of other threads so i'll keep it brief here. If Link and the Link costume can exist side by side, hypothetically, so can your desired character and the Mii costume that is based off them.
  3. Think about developments that occur regarding your desired character's inclusion / What is required for your character's inclusion rationally. How much of a chance did your character have from the get go? Would the development team have to tweak the character significantly to be added? How willing are the owners/developers of the character that you want in smash really willing to allow them to be in smash? How realistic would it be for your desired character to be in smash?
  4. There has been no statement regarding how much content will come out of the ballot. For all we know, we could be getting 3 or 4 characters from the ballot rather than just 1. But for now, the exact amount is a mystery.
  5. The ballot's results are not final until October 3rd. While characters like King K Rool and Shovel Knight may have had a huge amount of support at the start, as months passed, these early leads may be over shadowed by other votes, as people tend to change their minds a lot frequently. Inkling likely benefited from this the most, as Splatoon's release and consequent sales successes likely boosted the amount of votes for Inkling. Votes for Iwata likely sprung up after his death. I even see votes for Snake surging when Phantom Pain releases. Its not over until Sakurai says so.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Yea that looks legit by what im looking it

And to give you guys a heart attack

Remember a rythem heaven rep (character) was also in that data dump with this dr mario stage

Not to mention a song from it is in the miiverse stage

Oh and for those saying king k rool is deconfirmed

As the eastern island would say

Lets time travel dumb dumbs

First this picture happened

And the guy in the mask tried to claim it was meta knight

Then a couple of days later this happened

The real one popped out

And this being on july 31st update

Before august which is likely for a direct

I smell them doing the same prank again.

In other words i can see this happening at the end of the direct.

Donkey kong and diddy kong fightingnthe mii suit version of the king (or something else)

Then the ground starts to shake.

Then this happens

3:01

Chunky = the mii suit king k rool

The real king k rool punches or whatever the mii suit king k rool. Out of the arena.

Just to do the meta knight prank again.

H-O-G

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Samurai-Edge9
3DS FC
5000-3290-0193
I hope he puts in gunvolt that would make my dream come true.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Just a word from the big big channel:

This explains the hat/outfit issue.
I wouldn't really use Etika as a source of knowledge. Especially since the reason he is big is because of his reactions and not because of his knowledge. He does get things wrong sometimes as well.

But as I said with Inklings and I will say it with K. Rool. I feel costumes don't affect their chances. Even if I don't care about K. Rool, I find it hard to believe they would axe whats probably the most requested character like that just in favor of a mii costume.

I think the overall good news is more people will probably start to see how costumes probably don't mean anything. Especially if they want to continue supporting K. Rool. Which is perfect for my support of Inklings.

Last edited:

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
hope these outfits can be put into mii plaza at some point

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
First this picture happened

And the guy in the mask tried to claim it was meta knight

Then a couple of days later this happened

The real one popped out

And this being on july 31st update

Before august which is likely for a direct

I smell them doing the same prank again.
That is possible... it is also possible that we might not get KING K. Rool but rather KAPTAIN K. Rool... it is also possible it means we are getting a King K. Rool costume and nothing more.

But that Meta Knight thing is not the same thing... Meta Knight is already a veteran and StreetPass Mii Plaza already had Meta Knight mask for years before SSB4 came out.

Logo12

Smash Lord
Somewhere without a Smash community. Send hlep
I wouldn't really use Etika as a source of knowledge. Especially since the reason he is big is because of his reactions and not because of his knowledge. He does get things wrong sometimes as well.

But as I said with Inklings and I will say it with K. Rool. I feel costumes don't affect their chances. Even if I don't care about K. Rool, I find it hard to believe they would axe whats probably the most requested character like that just in favor of a mii costume.

I think the overall good news is more people will probably start to see how costumes probably don't mean anything. Especially if they want to continue supporting K. Rool. Which is perfect for my support of Inklings.
Are there anything you can argue against in this one tho? Don't judge one like that.

I'm not saying he's always a reliable source, but he has a point on this one.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
oh by the way another stage leak

I forgot the name of it

a remember the hyrule stage on melee with the turtle

that's another leaked stage found shown on the 3ds

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Are there anything you can argue against in this one tho? Don't judge one like that.

I'm not saying he's always a reliable source, but he has a point on this one.
I was just saying that you should've just said it yourself if you felt it. I'm not sure why we would bring Etika into it just because he is big.

And there is one huge thing I can argue against, the fact there is still no proof of Mii fighter costumes having an affect on character chances, and even if it was easy for the costumes to be put into the game, that doesn't stop the fact that some characters have mii costumes in the game.

Troykv

Smash Master
Wow... This unexpected xDU... Oh... Poor K. Rool fans.

Also a Chromfirmed custom.

Last edited:

Logo12

Smash Lord
oh by the way another stage leak

I forgot the name of it

a remember the hyrule stage on melee with the turtle

that's another leaked stage found shown on the 3ds
Great bay; that's fake.
I was just saying that you should've just said it yourself if you felt it. I'm not sure why we would bring Etika into it just because he is big.

And there is one huge thing I can argue against, the fact there is still no proof of Mii fighter costumes having an affect on character chances, and even if it was easy for the costumes to be put into the game, that doesn't stop the fact that some characters have mii costumes in the game.
No proof, but logic. If one really wants to make the character, one won't spend time to make a costume, when they could have made the character himself right away. It doesn't stop the fact that the characters have costumes in the game, but we at least know why these Mii Costumes are added.

Sure, it doesn't completely diminish the character's chance, but it certainly hurts their chance a bit. It could've been Sakurai trying to troll people, but that's not for sure.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Great bay; that's fake.
yea I just remembered the name of it

and yea it is

why would it say new melee stages on a 3ds screen it shouldn't be there at all

but dr Mario I can assure you is far from deconfirmed looks pretty legit so far.

(not jumping because the palutena leak was fake even though it was real in another way.)

PoopFeast420

Smash Cadet
I've been noticing people grasping at straws in hopes we'll get a new character with the new update. I'm honestly not expecting one, but if we did, I guess it would be kinda cool.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
My theory: Nintendo Direct confirmed for Friday tomorrow or Thursday this evening, alongside these costumes we will get a Rhythm Heaven character and Wolf.
Completely unfounded belief but who cares anymore :)

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
My top 10 most wanted past stages I wish to see in SSB4 DLC.

Kingdom (Melee)

Kongo Jungle (Melee)

This is my #1 favorite Donkey Kong stage (the 64 one is my #2 favorite).

Great Bay (Melee)

Pirate Ship (Brawl)

Other than Hyrule Castle and Temple, those two are also my favorite Zelda stages.

Fountain of Dreams (Melee)

Yoshi's Island (64)

We got a stage based on Super Mario World, a stage based on Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island, and a stage based on Yoshi's Woolly Wood... but we need the original Yoshi stage... the one based on Yoshi's Story!

Saffron City (64)

This needs to come back! This remains my #1 favorite Pokemon stage.

Spear Pillar (Brawl)

Fourside (Melee)

Summit (Brawl)

So what if Ice Climbers aren't playable, that doesn't mean we cannot have an Ice Climber stage. Also, we are lacking an ice-themed stage.

Top 3 honorable mentions.

Kingdom II (Melee)

Only if Toad was playable... :( because then I would have Mario vs. Luigi vs. Peach vs. Toad in Subcon.

Planet Zebes (64)

Poke Floats (Melee)

This would be a refreshing change from all those transforming stadium and league stages.

D

Deleted member

All i want is Big Blue from Melee back, you know that one stage that you can outrun as Sonic.......Is that too much to ask for? INB4BigBlueMiicostume

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
My theory: Nintendo Direct confirmed for Friday tomorrow or Thursday this evening, alongside these costumes we will get a Rhythm Heaven character and Wolf.
Completely unfounded belief but who cares anymore :)

the direct date overkill but the rythem heaven rep.

http://nintendonews.com/2015/01/dr-mario-swapnote-stage-super-smash-bros/

However, ui_mark_db lists several icons that don’t actually exist in the game. Although the names aren’t always very specific, it is clear that four don’t belong: “plankton,” “rhythm,” “braintraining,” and “diary.The images for the icons themselves aren’t in the game files, only their names. Still, there’s a lot to deduce just from these four words.

“Plankton” is easy to identify. It probably refers to Electroplankton; in Super Smash Bros. Brawl, the stage Hanenbow was based on Electroplankton and had its own series icon on the Stage Select screen. The fact that the icon was planned to return suggests that Nintendo may have intended for Hanenbow to return as well.

The next icon, “rhythm,” readily calls to mind Nintendo’s stylus-tapping Rhythm Heaven series. PushDustIn notes that the rhythm icon was listed with the others that had playable characters in the game. It has been long rumored that the Chorus Kids from Rhythm Heaven would appear as a playable fighter in Super Smash Bros. Perhaps they were intended at one point, but cut during development.

rythem icon is in the dumps with the dr Mario stage

which may have now have ben leak

theres also a rythem heaven song in the miiverse stage

I say a rythem heaven rep may have ben leaked

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Just a word from the big big channel:

This explains the hat/outfit issue.
"Nothing that hasn't happened before can ever happen, ever" is what I'm reading from that.

This is the guy who sobs over Ridley, stages a reaction to OMG MEWTWO MEW-TWOOOOO, but thinks K. Rool shouldn't get in because he's a heavyweight and heavyweights are "slow and useless." I think there are better sources of knowledge from which to draw on such matters.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
"Nothing that hasn't happened before can ever happen, ever" is what I'm reading from that.

This is the guy who sobs over Ridley, stages a reaction to OMG MEWTWO MEW-TWOOOOO, but thinks K. Rool shouldn't get in because he's a heavyweight and heavyweights are "slow and useless." I think there are better sources of knowledge from which to draw on such matters.
that and theres so many other reasons that people can use to prove the king is not deconfirmed

and hes a moment where etika needs to put on the dunce cap.

did he forget about the inkling costumes? He said it himself he does not think it deconfirms the inklings yet.

Last edited:

Logo12

Smash Lord

Again, please don't judge ad hominem, I'm referencing the point, not the person.

Nothing that hasn't happened before can happen, but not likely. That's all I mean.

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Can you guys imagine what would have happened if Dixie Kong was revealed to be a costume instead of King K. Rool today? Most people probably would be claiming that Dixie Kong is deconfirmed and she has no hope.

Logo12

Smash Lord
Can you guys imagine what would have happened if Dixie Kong was revealed to be a costume instead of King K. Rool today? Most people probably would be claiming that Dixie Kong is deconfirmed and she has no hope.
The "costume doesn't deconfirm" claim would be less as popular, but still will be brought up since there are fans who suffer.

The K Rool thread would probably be happier, or idk.

PoopFeast420

Smash Cadet
As I said on my long winded post, it's still way too early to expect ballot characters. I'm still holding on to my hope that we'll get 3 characters from the ballot due to the varying tastes of Japan/Asia, USA/America's and Europe/Oceania.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
3 is about what I'd expect from the ballot.
And I still expect one of them to be King K. Rool.

Of course it's also possible they choose one top pick from US, JP, and EU, and then the fourth is worldwide.
King K. Rool most likely being the worldwide pick.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Not likely. Just like with K. Rool there'd be a huge variance in the number of people saying she's deconfirmed or saying she's not. After all, that's EXACTLY what happened with Inklings. Many people STILL think Inklings are likely.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I think King K. Rool is deconfirmed... BUT what if King K. Rool is a Mii costume and Kaptain K. Rool is a playable character? It is possible but I am not holding my breath for that. Maybe we will get Dixie Kong as a playable character instead.

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
Checking GamXplain's comment section on the Update

jfc People are stuid

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I think King K. Rool is deconfirmed... BUT what if King K. Rool is a Mii costume and Kaptain K. Rool is a playable character? It is possible but I am not holding my breath for that. Maybe we will get Dixie Kong as a playable character instead.
Well, they are the same character, so I'm not sure why wouldn't just add the more iconic look of him. Seems kinda arbitrary to have to make the less iconic version just because you made a mii costume.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Well, they are the same character, so I'm not sure why wouldn't just add the more iconic look of him. Seems kinda arbitrary to have to make the less iconic version just because you made a mii costume.
You sure they are the same person and not brothers? :troll:

ZecaOMestre

Smash Apprentice
K. Rool is not deconfirmed, but I got say I'm not as certain about his inclusion as I once was. Maybe Sakurai will put him in as a Costume and think that this will be enough to please his fans. I certainly hope not, though

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
The big question for me is...who is tomorrow's outfits?

Isaac and Dixie?

Finish the week off with Wolf and Snake outfits.

Come October we get our first new characters:

Pichu, Young Link and Igglybuff as the newcomer.

Logo12

Smash Lord
Take the survey now!

Do you think the Mii Fighter costume deconfirms King K. Rool?
http://www.poll-maker.com/poll373724xFb304D0E-14
WHERE IS MY INDIFFERENT OR MIDDLE OPTION

Checking GamXplain's comment section on the Update

jfc People are stuid
I find the video itself more funny.

"Pretty cool, huh"
The big question for me is...who is tomorrow's outfits?

Isaac and Dixie?

Finish the week off with Wolf and Snake outfits.

Come October we get our first new characters:

Pichu, Young Link and Igglybuff as the newcomer.
Wow, don't. That would legit destroy everyone's hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom