• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Character Discussion Thread - Read the new sticky/announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
The way I'd see Level 5 getting representation in Smash Bros is Professor Layton being playable and Jibanyan being the Assist Trophy.

And I guess I'll be waiting a long time for a For Glory match between Phoenix Wright and Layton...

Pakky

Smash Hero
Layton, but no Ridley? Okay, Sakurai it's your vision. Smash is MvC3 now I guess which is fine, but wow this feels rather random. I though Pushmo would get in before him. I guess not... Well if he is in he will be a very creative addition to say the least, which is always good.

Last edited:

Doctor3AM

Smash Apprentice
If he does get in...
THIS MUST HAPPEN

Conquest Mode- Battle of the Brits

Team Shulk
Team Layton

Pakky

Smash Hero
Layton wasn't chosen over Ridley. If he was chosen (which he probably wasn't, I can't see this being real) it was for completely different reasons than why Ridley was omitted.
My point in saying that was if Layton is indeed in, Sakurai, somehow devised a way for him to be a fighter but couldn't imagine any possible way for Ridley to be one. Which would be a frustrating scenario, but one I would have to deal with because making a dragon is hard or something like that.

Last edited:

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
My point in saying that was if Layton is indeed in, Sakurai, somehow devised a way for him to be a fighter but couldn't imagine any possible way for Ridley to be one. Which would be a frustrating scenario, but one I would have to deal with because making a dragon is hard or something like that.
It's not that there was no possible way to have him be a fighter, but rather no good way to have him as a fighter while providing an accurate portrayal of his character, while also not breaking the game. He said he'd have to go through a lot of very convoluted hocus pocus to have him be a fighter. With Layton you just need to give him a fencing sword and there you go though he's probably not in anyway.

Last edited:

Pakky

Smash Hero
It's not that there was no possible way to have him be a fighter, but rather no good way to have him as a fighter while providing an accurate portrayal of his character, while also not breaking the game. He said he'd have to go through a lot of very convoluted hocus pocus to have him be a fighter. With Layton you just need to give him a fencing sword and there you go though he's probably not in anyway.
After the many contradictions to this I don't even know what this means anymore.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
For the first time I am hyped for the possibility of a DLC fighter in Smash 4, so that means the Layton rumor is probably fake. Sorry, Layton fans :(

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Professor Layton in Smash?

You toy with my emotions.

Why do you toy with my emotions?

POUR QUOI?

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Prof. Layton would be a dream come true. There's almost nothing in the series I don't like - the setting, the characters, the puzzles, the voices, the film. I sometimes feel that being DLC won't do proper justice to the series.

If only he was owned by Nintendo. He probably would've had his own conversations like Snake's codecs while being a very hyped up newcomer.

Pakky

Smash Hero
What does Layton do exactly? Anyone have any idea how his actions would translate into a Smash moveset?

Pakky

Smash Hero
The comments about K. Rool... :facepalm:
Yeah all very ignorant, which is odd because if you're a gamer, especially a gamer that plays Nintendo games you should know how King K rool is.

Last edited:

Logo12

Smash Lord
Somewhere without a Smash community. Send hlep
Yeah all very ignorant, which is odd because if you're a gamer, especially a gamer that plays Nintendo games you should know how King K rool is.

Also why do people say "imo" ? Just say "in my opinion" internet jargon is the worst.
sum r 2 lazy 2 typ

lik me

*cough*

But tbh to be honest, I didn't actually know King K Rool before the ballot...

I'm not a real gamer anywayz

Garnet Is Best Gem

Smash Rookie
sum r 2 lazy 2 typ

lik me

*cough*

But tbh to be honest, I didn't actually know King K Rool before the ballot...

I'm not a real gamer anywayz
I knew what he looked like, but I never knew his name or where he was from. I don't even remember where I first saw him either.

I don't play much Nintendo. I'm more of a Sony and Microsoft person.

Last edited:

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
What does Layton do exactly? Anyone have any idea how his actions would translate into a Smash moveset?
Imagine Villager.

Now imagine him with a plethora of gentlemanly gadgets and contraptions.

With a finger point of justice.

C'est Layton.

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Like a english batman? Hmmmm, alright I'm on board.
Well, rather than bladed boomerangs and smoke bombs, he fashions contraptions out of whatever bits and bobs he can find. The most famous examples are the gun made from a slot machine that fires coins, the pedal-powered flying machine and the rock-serving catapult.

That said, he does have a Laytonmobile...~ ;3

Pakky

Smash Hero
He makes contraptions out of ordinary everyday materials... contraptions like a robotic dog, a gun which shoots coins, a helicopter, etc.
Oooooo, okay, okay, I can dig it. The Macgyver type, very nice.

Logo12

Smash Lord
Somewhere without a Smash community. Send hlep
I knew what he looked like, but I never knew his name or where he was from. I don't even remember where I first saw him either.

I don't play much Nintendo. I'm more of a Sony and Microsoft person.
Dunno, I grew up without any Nintendo Console (until now, because I got a Wii U for reasons).

Some of my friends/cousins do have a Wii, but most of them just play NSMBWii, Mario Kart etc on them. Almost no one have heard of Smash until I try to force them to get it.

I'm aware of the existence of N64 as a child, but never knew what it is, and obviously enough had never played a game on it (Unless Mario 64 DS counts, and until I started playing Star Fox and Smash 64 a few months ago)

So I guess I'm just too new on the knowledge of Nintendo. I know very very few outside Smash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom