• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Character Discussion Thread - Read the new sticky/announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
As another reminder, Source Gaming's Smash DLC Poll Data can be found here. Old news, yeah, but considering their top-notch research and amazing ability to poll data in a way that isn't just looking at numbers based on demographics, I'd put these results above anything else we have in the way of determining the top members of the ballot. When we factor in the following:
  • Not already being an Assist Trophy or stage hazard
  • If they're 3rd-party, being within the Top 15 of the poll
  • If they're from an already existing series, being within the Top 30 of the poll
  • If they'd be the first of their series, automatically given a spot after all the above are accounted for
...We'd get a bingo board that looks something like this:
View attachment 78852

Tetra is a surprise to see on there, honestly. I'm surprised she's as high up as she is, but given that all of Midna, Tingle and Ghirahim are Assist Trophies, I guess I can see why.

Either way, I gotta admit that this is a pretty decent spread for Sakurai to pick from, even if there are definitely characters on there I don't agree with.

So what are your Top 5 picks among these 24? I would say Isaac, K. Rool, Inkling, Bandana Dee, and Paper Mario.
Prediction:

King K.Rool
Dixie Kong
Wolf
Impa
Isaac
Bandana Dee

Lord-Zero

Smash Lord
Oh, that 5 character thing is still on?
Let's see...

1) Eliwood/Sigurd
2) Lana
3) Fiora
4) Isaac - Only if it's the Dark Dawn version if not then Black Shadow.
5) Slippy

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
As another reminder, Source Gaming's Smash DLC Poll Data can be found here. Old news, yeah, but considering their top-notch research and amazing ability to poll data in a way that isn't just looking at numbers based on demographics, I'd put these results above anything else we have in the way of determining the top members of the ballot. When we factor in the following:
  • If they're from an already existing series, being within the Top 30 of the poll
  • If they'd be the first of their series, automatically given a spot after all the above are accounted for
View attachment 78852

Tetra is a surprise to see on there, honestly. I'm surprised she's as high up as she is, but given that all of Midna, Tingle and Ghirahim are Assist Trophies, I guess I can see why.

Either way, I gotta admit that this is a pretty decent spread for Sakurai to pick from, even if there are definitely characters on there I don't agree with.

So what are your Top 5 picks among these 24? I would say Isaac, K. Rool, Inkling, Bandana Dee, and Paper Mario.
King K. Rool, Inkling, Wolf, Snake and Isaac.

D

Deleted member

No Chris, nobody knows who the next character is until we see the undeniable video proof on 4chan. I will laugh if Nintendo pulls a switchup and doesn't announce Inklings until 1 year from now after all other DLC characters are released.
The only thing the people know is that these "leakers" are annyoing liars who don't deserve attention.

These jerks who want to see salt should be completely ignored if you ask me.

EDIT: I apologize in advance if i sond rude, but i just really dislike people teasing just to see you lose your mind.
I still think they are outright lying until they are more specific and stop beign annoying with these "hints" and outright admit who the character is.

Last edited by a moderator:

Burruni

Smash Hero
why doesnt rayman seem to be a favourite? i thought hed be more popular, he`d fit perfectly in the game(other than his amiibo would be ridiclous) and people were really hyped for him when they thought he was leaked
Because he's got mild popularity in the west, but is a 3rd Party character with 5 "main" games to his series (1-3, Origins, Legends) which, barring the 3DS remake of 2, have only been timed exclusives with Nintendo IF that. He has little demand in the east, and did very little that people could argue as "revolutionary" for gaming. He's feasible enough that the Omni leak got people (myself included) but not a favorite because he's effectively a 3rd Party character with around the popularity, exclusivity, and impact level of indies. Hell, I think Butt Butt and Shantae have more push behind them.

Edit: :4sonic: was the one who started console wars as we know them, designed to be an antithesis to :4mario:, was planned to be in Melee (and nearly was) and one of the single most requested characters for Brawl.

:4megaman: Jump 'n' Shoot Man. One of the single most requested for Smash 4, a huge icon of NES & SNES era while his sub-series made strong impact on N64, GBA, and DS. The fact that there is a part of programming we dub "Megaman-style repawning enemies," says his impact if nothing else does.

:4pacman: is... Pac-Man. Arguably the only video game character more recognizable than Mario himself. The grand forefather of gaming as a whole.

:4ryu: the king of fighting games which made the top 10 best selling SNES games list twice and kept games across the handhelds since, most recently on 3DS. Arguably pushed by Capcom as part of the deal for Megman.

:snake:, while getting in due to a personal favor between two close friends, is still the series that defined stealth gameplay and constantly cited as some of the best usage of cinematic storytelling in gaming with games sprinkled across the Nintendo consoles.

And then... Rayman. THAT is what I mean by him being closer to an Indie than a "standard' 3rd Party people push for that could be in this realm of caliber such as Black Mage, Simon Belmont, or Bomberman.

Last edited:
View attachment 78852

What I think is likely:
1. Wolf
2. King K. Rool
3. Isaac
4. Bandana Dee
5. Inkling

What I want:
1. King K. Rool
2. Bandana Dee
3. Wolf
4. Bomberman
Last one is filler, since no other characters that I want are on the bingo board:
5. Isaac (for his fans, I put him over Inkling and Snake, since Inkling is almost a lock for Smash 5 and I already had Bomberman from Konami)

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I don't think that the rumor is true, however, I just want to say that it's a bit too unsubtle for it to be Inkling, it's so obviousy Inkling, doesn't anyone think they're trying to divert who the real character is. But once again, just a rumor, and I don't believe it.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
I'm curious to know how many people actually like leaks. Cause if they are the minority why not just save the community and not leak things? They think they are doing us a favor by doing that, but I think it just makes people more irritated.

I said earlier that they all want us to think it's Inklings. I think it's Dee or Dixie, if the Wii U character aspect is true.

Last edited:

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
View attachment 78852

1) Dixie Kong
2) Krystal
3) Impa
4) Wolf
5) Tetra

Hey, my 4 most wanted are all in there, as long as I can get at least one I think I'd be good

I'm curious to know how many people actually like leaks. Cause if they are the minority why not just save the community and not leak things? They think they are doing us a favor by doing that, but I think it just makes people more irritated.

I said earlier that they all want us to think it's Inklings. I think it's Dee or Dixie, if the Wii U character aspect is true.
It's a love-hate relationship, on one hand I'm impatient and want to know now but on the other hand it also spoils the suprise

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
It's almost definitely Inklings and I'm frankly pleased about this...but if not I still have a chance to be pretty pleased since Dee, Dixie and yes; Captain Toad all fit neatly in this apparent guide.

Leakers always get attention. That is all that matters to them.
(Nikki has no idea what she is talking about and is to be ignored)

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
If it's an indie it's going to be the best indie of them all

PAPYRUS IS ON THE FONT LINES

Last edited:

TiaSilvia

Smash Apprentice
So, nintendo is kind delaying to post on twitter today.. Do you guys think a direct should be announced?

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
So, nintendo is kind delaying to post on twitter today.. Do you guys think a direct should be announced?
Nintendo as a company are the masters of making disappointment. So no direct, instead, have a random youtuber playing Super Mario Maker!

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I would explain, but I don't want to be attacked by a bunch of people for not wanting them in lol.
Don't double post please

I'll tell you lot why I don't want Inklings. They're visually unappealing to me, overhyped to the point even frozen yogurt advertized Splatoon despite other games like Wonderful 101 barely getting any marketing whatsoever, the fact there's on disk DLC in the form of amiibo, the single player is too short, and the horrendous 'YOU'RE A KID YOU'RE A SQUID' going everywherw

Untamed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Immortal_gamer2
Don't double post please

I'll tell you lot why I don't want Inklings. They're visually unappealing to me, overhyped to the point even frozen yogurt advertized Splatoon despite other games like Wonderful 101 barely getting any marketing whatsoever, the fact there's on disk DLC in the form of amiibo, the single player is too short, and the horrendous 'YOU'RE A KID YOU'RE A SQUID' going everywherw
I know not to double post, no need to tell me. I realized what I had done after I clicked post. I agree, with you on the inklings. Plus, they don't even seem like a smash fighter.

Untamed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Immortal_gamer2
It's an opinion. I'm not talking about how they look, I'm saying they don't look like they have potential, a good moveset, etc. I'm not going to go into detail on why I don't want them in, because that would just be going against what I said earlier.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Didn't they tweet about some yokai watch thing?

Don't double post please

It's an online shooter...

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
It's an opinion. I'm not talking about how they look, I'm saying they don't look like they have potential, a good moveset, etc. I'm not going to go into detail on why I don't want them in, because that would just be going against what I said earlier.
"Don't have potential, a good moveset."

A game which structures itself on the expansion of weapon types (main, sub, and super) and tentacles doesn't have moveset potential from the team that turned :4fox:into a fighter loosely based on general combat training and the functions of the Arwing, :4olimar:a character who just plucked, threw, whistled, and occasionally punched, :4wiifit: a fitness instructor, :4rob: and a toy.... just some examples.

The inklings have a humongous amount of moveset potential.
They have a buttload of different weapons and sub-weapons.

It would have to take a very low amount of imagination for the smash team to be unable to figure it out. And they have proven time and again how imaginative they can be.

Untamed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Immortal_gamer2
"Don't have potential, a good moveset."

A game which structures itself on the expansion of weapon types (main, sub, and super) and tentacles doesn't have moveset potential from the team that turned :4fox:into a fighter loosely based on general combat training and the functions of the Arwing, :4olimar:a character who just plucked, threw, whistled, and occasionally punched, :4wiifit: a fitness instructor, :4rob: and a toy.... just some examples.
Olimar has a boring moveset, WFT's current way of playing is boring, and rob's revolves around the gyro, so not really good examples. Again, this is why I didn't want to explain why I don't want inklings in smash. I was simply stating an opinion, that's all.

(and before any of you olimar/WFT/rob mains attack me, I'm not hating on any of the characters, and again, just stating my opinion).

Untamed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Immortal_gamer2
It is a fact ROB's moves don't focus on the Gyro outside of a single move. This can't be an opinion
Considering every single rob use the gyro for a lot of their setups.. yeah I see it as such. I won't lie and say I know a lot about rob, I'm going off of what I've seen. I'm Ignorant on the character, I won't deny that.

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
Considering every single rob use the gyro for a lot of their setups.. yeah I see it as such. I won't lie and say I know a lot about rob, I'm going off of what I've seen. Ignorant maybe, I won't deny that.
Gameplay Style and Moveset are VERY different things.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Considering every single rob use the gyro for a lot of their setups.. yeah I see it as such. I won't lie and say I know a lot about rob, I'm going off of what I've seen. Ignorant maybe, I won't deny that.
By that logic Diddy was made solely to Hoo Hah in this game. Not to mention there's a difference in 'ROB focuses on the gyro' and 'A lot of proffesional ROB players use the gyro' I play a pretty decent ROB but I don't use the gyro that much

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom