• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Character Discussion Thread - Read the new sticky/announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm aloud to say I don't want a character without explaining why, that's not a requirement lol.
It's a bad decision though.

Saying you hope a character never gets in is essentially flaming the character. If you're going to be rude you should be expected to defend yourself.

Untamed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Immortal_gamer2
That's true, but people are curious about things and it's polite to explain why your opinion on something is like that, sometimes you can even convince others or make them look at your perspective
I purposely chose not to explain, because I know I'm in the minority of people who don't want inklings in, and I didn't want to be bombarded, although I obviously wasn't able to avoid that.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I'm aloud to say I don't want a character without explaining why, that's not a requirement lol.
It's a far better choice to justify your view instead of saying "I don't want this character but I won't say why"

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Don't double post please

I'll tell you lot why I don't want Inklings. They're visually unappealing to me, overhyped to the point even frozen yogurt advertized Splatoon despite other games like Wonderful 101 barely getting any marketing whatsoever, the fact there's on disk DLC in the form of amiibo, the single player is too short, and the horrendous 'YOU'RE A KID YOU'RE A SQUID' going everywherw
I can't lie, a big part of the reason I hate them is how ugly they are, too...

However, in regards to the rest of your post, I can not count the amount of times I saw, pre-Splatoon, people complaining about not only the lack of new IPs (which Splatoon is one) but the lack of advertising Nintendo was doing with the Wii U and its games.

Yet, here Splatoon comes around, and is advertised all over the place... "Quit cramming it in my face!". Yes, they're ugly... But can we at least give Nintendo points for advertising the Wii U and a game on it for once? lol Maybe they didn't do it properly with W101... But at least they started with any game.

Last edited:

Untamed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Immortal_gamer2
It's a bad decision though.

Saying you hope a character never gets in is essentially flaming the character. If you're going to be rude you should be expected to defend yourself.
Wasn't trying to be rude at all, it's not my fault if people take it as such. I could have worded it better, perhaps, but still doesn't mean I'm hating on the character itself.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
First the "FnAf is timeless" comment then this. Sakurai needs to hurry up and announce the DLC so that I can stop coming here.
Because how dare someone have a different view to you!
smh

Last edited:

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Notice how I explained why I don't want Inklings and didn't get flak
I posted earlier today in this very topic that they're atrociously ugly and I don't want them and all I got was likes. Lol. So, true.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I can't lie, a big part of the reason I hate them is how ugly they are, too...

However, in regards to the rest of your post, I can not count the amount of times I saw, pre-Splatoon, people complaining about not only the lack of new IPs (which Splatoon is one) but the lack of advertising Nintendo was doing with the Wii U and its games.

Yet, here Splatoon comes around, and is advertised all over the place... "Quit cramming it in my face!". Yes, they're ugly... But can we at least give Nintendo points for advertising the Wii U and a game on it for once? lol
My problem with the marketing was how Nintendo shows they know how to do it, but don't bother with other games that look more interesting imo

First the "FnAf is timeless" comment then this. Sakurai needs to hurry up and announce the DLC so that I can stop coming here.
I was talking about strictly gameplay. A good singleplayer should never be excluded, I played at my friends, tried both and thoroughly enjoyed it after getting used to FPS controls

Wasn't trying to be rude at all, it's not my fault if people take it as such. I could have worded it better, perhaps, but still doesn't mean I'm hating on the character itself.
Saying you want a character never have a shot knowing that there are fans exist in this community (you even stated you knew fans were here) with no other context can only be taken in a rude way.

Sometimes it is better to just not post.

Untamed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Immortal_gamer2
Saying you want a character never have a shot knowing that there are fans exist in this community (you even stated you knew fans were here) with no other context can only be taken in a rude way.

Sometimes it is better to just not post.
Well I apologize for offending anybody, but I was just stating my opinion. But you're right, maybe I'll keep comments like that to myself next time. I didn't want any of this lol.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
The character (If the rumor in question is true) is either, Inkling, Bandana Dee, Dixie, or Captain Toad. Maybe I should hold a Straw Poll on this later?

Polan

Smash Lord
Because how dare someone have a different view to you!
smh
You have the right to an opinion. I have the right to call your opinion stupid.
My problem with the marketing was how Nintendo shows they know how to do it, but don't bother with other games that look more interesting imo

I was talking about strictly gameplay. A good singleplayer should never be excluded, I played at my friends, tried both and thoroughly enjoyed it after getting used to FPS controls
There's better FPS's out there with better single player, better multiplayer and far better gameplay but eh whatever.

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
The character (If the rumor in question is true) is either, Inkling, Bandana Dee, Dixie, or Captain Toad. Maybe I should hold a Straw Poll on this later?
Nope.
It's Ganon.
He's in Nintendoland.
"Would've gotten in eventually."
"Not part of the ballot."
"9-10/10 on the hype."

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
*sista, lol

Anyway, glad I'm not alone! I see so much hype for them around.
So when I say Inklings wouldn't make me happy, nothing? YOU CHEATED ON ME DIDN'T YOU? Q.Q
*Sistas*

I'm just glad to see that not everyone is riding the Splatoon crazy train. Not that I think they should never be in Smash. I just think they're much better suited for Smash 5's vanilla roster.

CodeBlue_

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-2347-7011-5339
Oh god

The Inklings are the DLC replacement of the Miis

"Ugly" "Not Iconic" "Can't make a moveset for them"

Yep Mii salt all over again.

Last edited:

Ezequieleste

Smash Apprentice
I'll board the hate train against the inklings too... joking
They are quite indifferent to me, but I understand why they are gonna make it whereas other characters that I prefer a thousand times over won't. Marketing and relevancy stuff bros

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Oh god

The Inklings are the DLC replacement of the Miis

"Ugly" "Not Iconic" "Can't make a moveset for them" "Too New"

Yep Mii salt all over again.
The Wii was released in 2006, who the hell was saying too new? And Miis are in bajillion of games

I find it hard to believe people actually used those as arguments

Last edited:

Koopaul

Smash Champion
I don't want Inklings now but definitely for SSB5. They seem like a good newcomer for that game. Why? Because SSB5 is gonna need newcomers that will hype that game. Inklings are new enough to still be exciting at that point.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Considering how much of a success Splatoon is, it wouldn't be such a bad idea if they struck while the iron is hot and made them playable.

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
I mean I'd be excited if the Inklings got in. Obviously I have characters I'd prefer, but I think they'd be too fun to pass up. I'd love to see how Sakurai utilizes their arsenal, since we all know he will better than Splatoon itself.

3DS FC
2552-3002-7860
The inklings aren't exactly who I'd want in Smash. But from the perspective of Nintendo, the Splatoon hype is huge and It shouldn't be a surprise if they decided to put them in Smash. I'm pretty sure they will sell.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Y'know what?

No, seriously.

Let's talk Ganon.

With TLoZ being one of Nintendo's big 4 (:4mario::4pikachu::4kirby::4link:), the idea of it getting a 6th character isn't something I feel many would argue is "over-representation."

The series at this point holds as :4link::4tlink: two Links :4zelda::4sheik: two Zeldas and :4ganondorf: one form of Ganon.

At the period of time of Melee's Poll, here were the top 5 requested characters.

1 :4bowser: 2 :4peach: 3 :4wario2: 4 :4dedede: 5 - Ganon

After we got Falcondorf, people at the time didn't want to push for a 6th Zelda character and focused more on getting a decloned Falcondorf, as he was taking more of a dominance to the boss fights and Ganon being a more feral form during the final boss of a Zelda title.

However, with NintendoLand's Zelda Battle Quest and Link Between Worlds, the original Wizpig has been on a rise for appearances once more.

With a general demand for villains and heavyweight with projectiles/zoning, K. Rool and Ganon both have a fair bit of overlap. Just one with a more technological approach and the other through magic.

Between Dead Man's Volley, the Fire Keese he summons, that iconic trident, his teleportation and limited invisibility, it is no wonder where one could see a moveset blossom.

Is it wrong for one of the oldest super villains of Nintendo to take his throne upon its listing of All-Stars and affiliates?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom