• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Character Discussion Thread - Read the new sticky/announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
You also have to take into account that the MK series is one that creates it's own characters rather than drawing them from previously established source material (outside of a few exceptions). The fans of those games and games like it have come to expect new characters as a part of DLC. Nobody is expecting an unheard of character to be announced for SmashThe whole point of having a poll denotes that one of the popular characters will be picked.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
In himself he represents more of the franchise than every other Mon, which are just popular characters, except Mewtwo.
Mewtwo has had multiple movies, two megas (something M2 shares with another certain character in Smash), and appearances in many other non-Pokemon games. He's had massive amounts of merchandise. He's the original strongest Pokemon and an iconic one from Gen I. He's gotten incredible amounts of requests since he didn't appear in Brawl and he made it back in Smash against many odds as a DLC character.

There is no feasible way of arguing that Mewtwo isn't popular. There simply isn't.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Is high demand the only option Sakurai can take though? Aren't there other ways to approaching the advertising the character that can make the character sell big time?
Ask yourself that.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Wonder if it's occurred to anyone that Sakurai just might include an indie because they might be "fun to play".

I'll show myself out.
I understand where you are going... but there isnt a character in Smash as whom I do not enjoy playing; I have always found this to just be the easiest way to say "he was inspired" or that "he was not immediately inspired." This is why I think Voldemort is still an option-- the only thing in his way, truly, is Sakurai being inspired with proper representation. Sakurai has never devoted this many months to Smash in a row, much less with innovation and brainstorming being so Long-term-focused; comparing this to the games themselves which were crafted before development, and then tweaked during the development, it is a quite a severe shift in mentality. This, fan service in mind, extra time to fix coding which may have been in place... these are all things in Voldemort's favor.

By Voldemort, I of course mean Ridley. I figured since I could not bring up the dragon, and there is a Harry Potter marathon on...

If relationships were a the BIG factor then why has there yet to be a Square Enix rep? Or another Namco and Sega characters.
We only JUST got a second Capcom character, and it was not only the most recent character, but also the only newcomer we have seen as DLC. Wait a minute before trying to leverage that as anything negative toward Namco or Sega. Given the costumes we have gotten, it is clear that once a relationship is established with a third party, it is a gateway for other content.

As far as relationships being a factor... that is literally why we got Snake. I know you refer to *company* relationships, but this personal relationship changed the game for us, literally.
Doesn't mean this cannot change. I wouldn't be against it..
Simply means much lesser icons will have a chance.
This is also in response to Scoliosis, whom you quoted:
I would, and have, argued that Snake is not an icon in gaming; Metal Gear is the all star, which is the franchise, not the character. It was only through his inclusion itself that I feel it is fair to call Snake an icon- which, by definition is recognizable (and Snake, as a character, was not; if for no other reason than a changing and less strict visual design). Snake is the star of an iconic series. Keep in mind, in the video game hall of fame, we have characters, and we have games. Characters in the hall? Mario, Link, Sonic. Games? Metal Gear. There is a huge difference. Would Snake have even made it in if it were just based on the characters? For all we know, this contributed to him being the only cut third party character. We cannot discuss his inclusion without discussion of his exclusion.

Detached from any certain character, what type of play style would y'all like to see implemented for DLC?

I would personally like to see a character built around setting up traps and area denial.
I may require legal work, but there is also the strong possibility that independent companies would value the publicity more than third parties, simplifying the legality, and even possibly foregoing profits.
Didn't they mention that they'd like to make sequels and spinoffs? Granted, it's better to make sure the company isn't a one trick pony, but Shovel Knight is their Mario, it singlehandedly made them wellknown
That would make Shovel Knight their Donkey Kong, in which case, he can expect poor representation in Smash.:chuckle:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Is high demand the only option Sakurai can take though? Aren't there other ways to approaching the advertising the character that can make the character sell big time?
Ask yourself that.
As Ryu proved, as long as the character is popular, it's a good idea. Problem with wild cards is, not lot of people will know about them and unlike what some people think, no one's going to buy DLC just because it's Smash. If Adam Malkovich becomes playble I'd sooner set my hand on fire than buy him

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
People will still by DLC characters even if they don't like them, at least the tournament crowd will. That's quite a bunch of people. Casuals might not, but I feel like a new character is a new character and people will want to try them out.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Ask yourself that.
Advertising aint free. It cost money to promote your character. A big reason they did the ballot was to gauge interest for characters.

It does depend on who you are talking about, but the team cant go around adding obscure characters just 'cause.

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
As Ryu proved, as long as the character is popular, it's a good idea. Problem with wild cards is, not lot of people will know about them and unlike what some people think, no one's going to buy DLC just because it's Smash. If Adam Malkovich becomes playble I'd sooner set my hand on fire than buy him
People buy the characters for various reasons:
1. They want to complete their Smash roster.
2. The character looks appealing design-wise.
3. Their moveset looks extremely appealing.
4. They see a cut veteran they used to main and want to buy them again.
5. They buy it because its their favorite character from their favorite franchise.

They might not know the character they are buying, but if the character looks appealing enough to them, there is a good chance they will buy the character. Just because they don't know doesn't mean they won't buy it.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
People will still by DLC characters even if they don't like them, at least the tournament crowd will. That's quite a bunch of people. Casuals might not, but I feel like a new character is a new character and people will want to try them out.
I haven't bought any DLC characters yet except Roy. (I got Mewtwo free for buying both versions.) And the main reason I bought Roy is because I wanted to see how he'd play and Marth sucks in this game.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
They might not know the character they are buying, but if the character looks appealing enough to them, there is a good chance they will buy the character. Just because they don't know doesn't mean they won't buy it.
Please. I wouldn't have bought Ice Climbers had they debuted here. DLC costs money, why risk lowering the money you're going to earn? Not to mention you completely ignored my point about Ryu's overall popularity being a factor to his sales

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
People buy the characters for various reasons:
1. They want to complete their Smash roster.
2. The character looks appealing design-wise.
3. Their moveset looks extremely appealing.
4. They see a cut veteran they used to main and want to buy them again.
5. They buy it because its their favorite character from their favorite franchise.

I'll let you figure out why I've highlighted this particular point.
Hint: It involves more people actually knowing the character and as such having broader appeal.

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
I would literally buy any character they released at this point. It could honestly be a flippin' Goomba. I'd buy it.

Last edited:

Children0fTheStars

Smash Apprentice
As Ryu proved
Please. I wouldn't have bought Ice Climbers had they debuted here.
You're using anecdotal evidence.

I'll let you figure out why I've highlighted this particular point.
Hint: It involves more people actually knowing the character and as such having broader appeal.
Once again: Argumentum ad Populum. For all we know, the top five ballot choices are nowhere near as popular as they're made out to be on websites that reflect very small portions of the overall Smash Bros. userbase.

And no one here is Sakurai, or is someone that works closely with him. While we do know that one deciding factor in DLC is perceived popularity, as he told us, it can't be the sole factor. Or do all of the newcomer guidelines laid out by Sakurai in the past suddenly no longer apply?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
You're using anecdotal evidence.

Once again: Argumentum ad Populum. For all we know, the top five ballot choices are nowhere near as popular as they're made out to be on websites that reflect very small portions of the overall Smash Bros. userbase.

And no one here is Sakurai, or is someone that works closely with him. While we do know that one deciding factor in DLC is perceived popularity, as he told us, it can't be the sole factor. Or do all of the newcomer guidelines laid out by Sakurai in the past suddenly no longer apply?
Ryu is a popular character from THE fighting game, Sakurai said he anticipated Ryu's popularity. IC were from a failed game no one remembers.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
I'm one of them and I'm not very good at the game.:awesome:
I don't like the Ness style but I bough Lucas anyway. I didn't even like Roy until he got a massive visual upgrade. Though I wanted to main Mewtwo & Ryu tho but I failed twice lol. With Ryu I bought him since he is a 3rd party, and more specifcally a 3rd party from a company who already has a character in the game. I'm a big supporter of 3rd party characters. :b:
I would literally buy any character they released at this point. I could honestly be a flippin' Goomba. I'd buy it.
I still want Goomba playable....in Mario Kart. *sigh*
I agree, would buy him in a heartbeat! Then start the never-ending rage at Sakurai.

Last edited:

Lady Kuki

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PetraRal01
3DS FC
4854-7185-6306
So let's say we get a character who is completely unique; they have a never seen before move set and an interesting gimmick, but since the character isn't from a popular series or isn't popular in general, not many people would buy them?

That sucks.

Makes me wonder what was the point of the ballot if only popular characters were considered. Wasn't the ballot only for character suggestions? I don't think they specifically said that they would only pick a popular candidate, at least I hope they didn't imply that. Oh well. Good thing I voted for Dixie, a somewhat popular choice. I at least feel like I didn't waste my vote on her, especially since all the other characters I want are too unpopular.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
So let's say we get a character who is completely unique; they have a never seen before move set and an interesting gimmick, but since the character isn't from a popular series or isn't popular in general, not many people would buy them?

That sucks.

Makes me wonder what was the point of the ballot if only popular characters were considered. Wasn't the ballot only for character suggestions? I don't think they specifically said that they would only pick a popular candidate, at least I hope they didn't imply that. Oh well. Good thing I voted for Dixie, a somewhat popular choice. I at least feel like I didn't waste my vote on her, especially since all the other characters I want are too unpopular.
The ballot suggestions also show what people want to see

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866
Advertising aint free. It cost money to promote your character. A big reason they did the ballot was to gauge interest for characters.

It does depend on who you are talking about, but the team can go around adding obscure characters just 'cause.
Might want to edit can to "can't", just a heads up.

Ryu is a perfect example of a character that many people didn't request, but had his own merits that made him a good character from a business stand point, as well as familiarity with the character (Or franchise). To be honest, there's not a lot of characters like that. It's probably why it's a risky move to do it in the first place. 3rd parties or an obscure Nintendo character as DLC is taking a risk because if they don't sell, there's going to be a problem (More-so 3rd parties), as if that needed to be stated anyways. There's not exactly a lot of "obscure" characters that would sell, except for the likes of Roy and Lucas (Who were in previous Smash games, over coming that factor). 3rd Parties really do need that strong appeal to make people want them. If we ever get one or the other, we'll have to see what they've decided on to see if it was a wise decision or not.

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
Nah, that's false. Smash gives lots of popularity to just about EVERYBODY who becomes playable, especially the unique characters.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Outside of the Metroid fans, if Sakurai did actually create Adam as DLC, if the moveset, design, or something else looked appealing to them, there's a good chance they might buy it, not everyone is a Metroid fan to get why he's hated so much.
Not to say it's going to happen.
Blue, here's the thing. Widely hated chatacter as an example. The Metroid fanbase is pretty damn big, and no one likes Adam there. If you were trying to make money...Would you take the risk of causing that backlash? I wouldn't, especially as Sakurai said all DLC will be FANSERVICE! Therefor there is 0% chance we'll get a wild card!

Burruni

Smash Hero
I'm feeling miserable so I'mma just post up something I crafted up while being bored out of my mind at work and go lay down... hopefully this would help "Defuse" some of the anger building here.

Donbe & Hikari moveset. Practically no knowledge of their game and basically just wanted to make this out of japanese culture/mythos kinda stuff.

They're a 2-in-1 fighter like :4duckhunt: as opposed to "puppet" like :rosalina: or :popo::icsmelee:. When jumping, Donbe basically piggy-backs on Hikari.

Gonna try to note a move whose animation/hit is similar to the idea.

Basic Moves
Jab: The paper fan infinite (rip that item) from Hikari, finishing with Donbe tackling them. (:4littlemac:'s)
Dash Attack: Hikari crouches down and Donbe "Frog jumps" off of her back in a headbutt. (hits like :4ganondorf:'s)

Tilts
U-Tilt: Hikari swings a Gohei in the air (two hit version of :4bowser:'s) (Picture for reference)

F-Tilt: Donbe does a quick overhead swing of a kendo wooden sword. (Inverse of :4bowserjr:'s fork)
D-tilt: Donbe sneezes, shooting out an inflated snot bubble that does the actual damage (yes there's hilarity of having him sneeze repeatedly, but it hits like :4duckhunt:'s)

Smash Attacks

U-Smash: Donbe pulls out a fishing line which connects into a puddle of water (which looks comically out of place if done on a ledge), charging animation is the duo trying to yank the rod back, and the actual damage is a fish (which increases in size based on the charge) which gets flung out overhead (:4myfriends:'s)
F-Smash: Hikari takes an inhale as the attack is charged before shouting into a Cheer Megaphone (Mic Kirby's 1st hit). (:4mario:'s, increases in range based on charge like :4duckhunt:'s))
D-Smash: Donbe & Hikari stomp the ground, having bamboo shoots erupt up around eachother. (:4charizard:'s)

Aerials

U-Air: Hikari pulls out a (monstrous) Parasol and forces it open, slight delay on the hit before striking out overhead (basically :4villager:'s turnip).

N-Air: Donbe & Hikari spin horizontally in the air (:4dk:'s).
F-Air: Hikari flails out a gohei again (:4metaknight:'s)
B-Air: Donbe gives one swing of a spiked Oni Club (:4myfriends:'s)
D-Air: Donbe just drops a washtub (:4megaman:'s)

Specials

Up-B: A violent gust of wind launches the duo into the air who glide, dangling from the string of a Paper Crane kite. (:4gaw:'s Parachute)

Side B: Hikari tosses out an Ofuda (a seal paper... the thing the Spell Tag in Pokemon is based on), which does minimal damage but paralyzes the opponent for a short duration.

Neutral B: (Warning: ...Complex) Charable - A Taito Drum pops up that Donbe starts beating on while Hikari dances, starting at a hit each quarter note, going to eighth notes after 2 seconds, and sexteenth notes after another 2 seconds. If B isn't released before 5 seconds pass OR on an off beat, Donbe hits too hard and breaks the drum, doing nothing. Properly timing the release will emit a sound wave around the two which breaks projectiles (reflects gordos & Pikmin and explodes DHD's can). The Sound wave increases in range and power based on how long it was charged. Full power being equal in range to a proper hit of :4dk:'s final smash for 20%. This move has bad endlag so it isn't defensively viable as a hard counter to projectiles.

Down B: (I was desperate for an idea) across ~6 seconds, there's an animation of a shrine donation box that the duo would drop coins into, ring a bell, clap their hands, and perform a small prayer to cut their taken damage in half. Completely helpless during the animation to make it a risk-reward situation akin to :4jigglypuff: rest.

Grab & Throws

Grab: Hikari uses a chain of rosary beads like a whip to tether grab an opponent.
Pummel: Donbe gut punches.

U-Throw: Hikari flicks the chain upwards, flinging the target upwards.

F-Throw: Donbe just shoulder rams the opponent away.

B-Throw: Hikari spins around, chucking the opponent behind them.

D-Throw: Hikari lifts the chain up before slamming it down to slam the opponent against the ground.

I just wanted to try something creative with just a theme. Opinions?

Last edited:

Lady Kuki

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PetraRal01
3DS FC
4854-7185-6306
The ballot suggestions also show what people want to see
Right. I'm probably just questioning the ballot because I'm one of those people who would buy any character regardless of popularity, you know for completion reasons. I would buy anyone no matter how obscure or ridiculous they are because you'll never know whether you'd like them unless you try them out for yourself. :p
Nah, that's false. Smash gives lots of popularity to just about EVERYBODY who becomes playable, especially the unique characters.
My brain hurts. So some people believe that wild card characters are possible, while others say they aren't possible at all... I'm just going to go out on a limb and say that we don't really know for sure until we get our next character reveals. I don't know who or what to believe anymore lol.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Mewtwo has had multiple movies, two megas (something M2 shares with another certain character in Smash), and appearances in many other non-Pokemon games. He's had massive amounts of merchandise. He's the original strongest Pokemon and an iconic one from Gen I. He's gotten incredible amounts of requests since he didn't appear in Brawl and he made it back in Smash against many odds as a DLC character.

There is no feasible way of arguing that Mewtwo isn't popular. There simply isn't.
My point was to say Mewtwo was the only one not on the roster who was added DUE TO popularity (meaning, he represents a lot more to the franchise than just being popular). He is a protagonist, a legendary (the original boss), and anime sensation. I was not saying he is not popular, but that he was added for far more than popularity. Or rather, that he is important despite popularity.

And of course, Pikachu is as well.

ElPanandero said:
I desperately want a summoner. Someone who's physical attacks are lacking in KB and damage and are unimpressive, but can summon short lived minions and/or summon them for specific attack animations ala Zelda Down smash style. Andy/Sami and Pokemon Trainer are the first to come to mind
You just gave me an amazing idea...
it could not work due to tech limits, likely,
but, Pokemon Trainer would be able to summon an equivalent number of Pokemon sprites to the number of opponents he is facing. This adds in a very Pokemon-battle-style mechanic.

If facing one opponent, each new Pokemon summon makes the prior one immediately return.
If two, then two can stay out at a time.

This would not only make the trainer more unique, but also would reflect more of the battle strategy involved in Pokemon; even as far as representing double, triple, and hoard battles.

...though I still hold out hope that the Trainer has Pokeballs as a weapon. It is capable of CATCHING, that is paramount... and is ... okay... I won't make this whole argument again, not unprovoked...

Last edited:

Wiley

Dreamer
NNID
MrWiley
I would literally buy any character they released at this point. I could honestly be a flippin' Goomba. I'd buy it.
Shamelessly agree. I'd opt for shy guy or dry bones maybe from the lesser baddy pool (hue) but the point stands; whenever it comes out whoever it is, I'm almost definitely getting it. It's important for me to know what it feels like in all character's shoes for counter play anyway. And throwing some money at sakurai+team for the continued hours/years of fun since 64 doesn't feel wrong. Back in the day I spent 15 a month on WoW... A couple bucks for any fleshed out character is a major bargain, especially with the new edition to the series of 'regular' updates.

Last edited:
Reminder that just because some people will buy anything doesn't mean everyone will. There is always a more profitable option.

Popular characters are simply the most logical sales wise. Hence the existence of the ballot.

EDIT HEY WHAT THE HECK

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Pop Quiz: What's the safer option? The characters with more noise surrounding them or a character with not as much noise surrounding them? Bzzt! Time's up! The correct answer is the former. Bonus points for reading in Scout's voice.

Reminder that just because some people will buy anything doesn't mean everyone will. There is always a more profitable option.

Popular characters are simply the most logical sales wise. Hence the existence of the ballot.
This being why

Could you put that in a memo and entitle it: "**** we already know"

Last edited:

Wiley

Dreamer
NNID
MrWiley
Not sure that was a necessary reminder. Most people who just stated that they'd probably purchase anyone at this point weren't arguing any point, just stating a fact. I think it's pretty obvious not everyone is going to buy just anyone... And ya... Obviously some options are more profitable. Thanks?

Last edited:

IndigoSSB

Back from the dead
After remembering the countless map packs I used to buy for CoD, I don't have an ounce of regret when I buy every single dlc character Nintendo puts out there.

Btw, I think a couple of people underestimate just how big the casual audience is. We don't notice it because we're in Smashboards where the more competitive (more or less lol) players gather, but in regards to the ballot the casuals probably have a bigger voice than the try-hards.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Right. I'm probably just questioning the ballot because I'm one of those people who would buy any character regardless of popularity, you know for completion reasons. I would buy anyone no matter how obscure or ridiculous they are because you'll never know whether you'd like them unless you try them out for yourself. :p

My brain hurts. So some people believe that wild card characters are possible, while others say they aren't possible at all... I'm just going to go out on a limb and say that we don't really know for sure until we get our next character reveals. I don't know who or what to believe anymore lol.
Yeah, people have vastly different opinions. Who knew?

I don't think wild cards are impossible. Just EXTREMELY unlikely. Another factor I think would be lasting appeal. Even if a character sells now, I think Sakurai would prefer to make a character he'd more likely bring back in a future game. Any first-party Nintendo characters would work fine, but third-parties are the question.

After remembering the countless map packs I used to buy for CoD, I don't have an ounce of regret when I buy every single dlc character Nintendo puts out there.

Btw, I think a couple of people underestimate just how big the casual audience is. We don't notice it because we're in Smashboards where the more competitive (more or less lol) players gather, but in regards to the ballot the casuals probably have a bigger voice than the try-hards.
If anything casual appeal is OVER estimated. Casuals don't care, and likely only want the first character that comes to the top of their heads. Hence tons of votes for Goku and Spongebob, characters that would never happen in a million years.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Do the "casuals" even know about the ballot? What defines a "casual" Smash player?

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I think that, if a character has enough moveset potential to become an unique fighter, being added to Smash as a last-minute clone is a bad thing for the character. I mean, Ganondorf seems to be doomed to stay as semi-clone forever, despite having potential to be an unique fighter.
I think it works for Ganondorf... the things that dont work, in my opinion, are the things PM edited: the number one issue being him running instead of hovering (because it is far out of character that he would run), and his lack of a true projectile.

I still think the most likely Zelda newcomer may in fact be Ganon (mostly due to the fact that Sheik is never going anywhere, unfortunately).

It does depend on who you are talking about, but the team cant go around adding obscure characters just 'cause.
We cannot really speak on behalf of the ballot; what it was used for, the intentions of Nintendo with it, how characters will be received from it. Unless you are claiming to have some inside info, in which case, do share.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
All third-party characters have brought something special and unique.

:snake:-First heavyweight to use projectiles
:4sonic:-First character to use curl-up attacks
:4megaman:-First character to rely soley on projectiles (Minus up-tilt)
:4pacman:-First character to change models in between attacks
:4ryu:-First character to have different strength versions of attacks
SK-Has a Shovel and relics???

How is this a profitable decision?

Last edited:

Lady Kuki

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PetraRal01
3DS FC
4854-7185-6306
Yeah, people have vastly different opinions. Who knew?

I don't think wild cards are impossible. Just EXTREMELY unlikely. Another factor I think would be lasting appeal. Even if a character sells now, I think Sakurai would prefer to make a character he'd more likely bring back in a future game. Any first-party Nintendo characters would work fine, but third-parties are the question.
I'm aware that people have different opinions. No need to be abrasive; I'm just confused.

Makes sense. I'm just going to wait for the character results to come in because I'm sick of speculating. I'm not the type who likes to be kept in the dark.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

:4sonic:-First character to use spin attacks
:4ryu: - Fighting game inputs

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior

:4sonic:-First character to use spin attacks
Er...Not entirely true
Bowser's flame breath is considered a projectile
Either you mean the Spin Attack from Sonic's games or moves in which the character spins, something lots of characters have

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Er...Not entirely true
Bowser's flame breath is considered a projectile
Either you mean the Spin Attack from Sonic's games or moves in which the character spins, something lots of characters have
Ball attacks is what I meant.

IndigoSSB

Back from the dead
Do the "casuals" even know about the ballot? What defines a "casual" Smash player?
I didn't really mean to segregate it into two clear cut groups like that, I just wanted to acknowledge their significance in terms of numbers.

I'll refrain from calling them "casuals" because I'm starting to dislike the tone it gives, but I was referring to people that don't go to tournaments or take the game seriously. And yes, I'm pretty sure they know about the ballot, I'm the only one in my circle of friends that goes to tournaments and even then the smash ballot's a well known thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom