• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Character Discussion Thread - Read the new sticky/announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lady Kuki

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PetraRal01
3DS FC
4854-7185-6306
Hicks made a joke and realised it'd be best to remove it before it blew out of proportion and have everyone say it's inklings.

That silly silly fool.
He knew that Nintendo stayed quiet on the whole ballot thing, and he knew that he was one of the only people to "know" about this "character". He should have kept his mouth shut and made the info as vague as possible if he wanted to avoid backlash. Talking about the announcement of a possibly new character right after the ballot ending is obviously going to cause hype.

Aeron is alright but, Ugh, Zael
Whoever comes first, honestly. I have a soft spot for sword wielding characters and both seem to fit the bill.

Last edited:

Calane

Smash Ace
...I'm surprised to see that there are some people doubting that it's going to be the Inklings (if this is all true). With all the clues or whatever we've been given, no other character fits better than Inkling. I personally don't even want them, but it's obviously going to be them. I see no reason to believe it's anyone else. "It makes a lot of sense" and "they were going to get in eventually" sounds too much like Inkling. I'm turning off all other expectations so that I can be surprised if it actually turns out being someone else (which I doubt).

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
How mad would everyone be if we got a character this month, but it was a clone of Duck Hunt with the only difference being that his jump is higher by one pixel?

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
It's not like the Inklings are going to be the last DLC, and if the leaks are to be believed, it was stated that it's not even a ballot character. So I mean... Stop being mad about new content. We haven't gotten a character in months.

Lady Kuki

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PetraRal01
3DS FC
4854-7185-6306
What's up with the Inklings hate?
The Inklings are cool, don't get me wrong, but I think it's a bit too early for them? Then again, Roy got in Melee four months prior to his game's release, so I shouldn't be complaining about that. That and it's possible that we either may not get a Smash 5, or if a Smash 5 is made, Splatoon would no longer be relevant enough to get in.

I honestly just don't want the Inklings as much as I do other characters. That's all. I'd be happy if they got in, but my hype levels wouldn't be all too high, IMO. Then again, my hype levels would be low with pretty much every popular ballot character save for Dixie and Isaac. Guess there's no pleasing everybody, haha. Smash was made for other people too.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
It's not like the Inklings are going to be the last DLC, and if the leaks are to be believed, it was stated that it's not even a ballot character. So I mean... Stop being mad about new content. We haven't gotten a character in months.

You are correct we haven't had a character in months. If it IS inkling, which I don't think it will be. I will be say in January "It's been months since we actually got a character I wanted."

Sure Inklings and Splatoon are selling well. But I'd rather us not have the new kids jump in line before some of the more retro (N64 and older) characters get added in.

So don't tell people to stop being mad. They have every right to be upset if they find the next character to be a lousy addition. An Inkling addition to me and a majority of my friends would not be considered "fan-service."

Last edited:

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
Well, with the Inklings being all but confirmed, do you guys think we'll get one more third party?
I ask this because the Inklings and (presumably) Wolf will take up two of the three character slots.

Burruni

Smash Hero
It's awkward when you support and want a character and then are in the minority of going against their inclusion off of leaks.

...I'm surprised to see that there are some people doubting that it's going to be the Inklings (if this is all true). With all the clues or whatever we've been given, no other character fits better than Inkling. I personally don't even want them, but it's obviously going to be them. I see no reason to believe it's anyone else. "It makes a lot of sense" and "they were going to get in eventually" sounds too much like Inkling. I'm turning off all other expectations so that I can be surprised if it actually turns out being someone else (which I doubt).
Because there's no proof that any of these leakers know anything and it's pure conjecture that feeds into itself?

Because there are some people who doubted the ESRB leak until release?

Because NOBODY is assured for DLC until we can play as them.

Well, with the Inklings being all but confirmed, do you guys think we'll get one more third party?
I ask this because the Inklings and (presumably) Wolf will take up two of the three character slots.
No.

Last edited:

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
All but confirmed? You are telling me that vague tweets are supposed to convince me that Inklings are 99% the character?

The guy whose tweet was considered confirmation, just said that it wasn't a hint and that people shouldn't pay attention to it. He was making a joke. There is still a chance it isn't inkling.

Inklings can join the pit of hatred I have for characters like Chrom, Pac-Man, Miis and Rosalina. I'm only getting them for this discount at venue if they are the character.

Last edited:

ErenJager

Smash Champion

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
All but confirmed? You are telling me that vague tweets are supposed to convince me that Inklings are 99% the character?

The guy whose tweet was considered confirmation, just said that it wasn't a hint and that people shouldn't pay attention to it. He was making a joke. There is still a chance it isn't inkling.
Perhaps I should've worded it a bit differently then.
Ahem.
If the Inklings get into the game, do you guys think we'll get one more third party?
I worded it the way I did because why would all of these leakers put their reputations on the line if they knew the info was false?

Dark Dire Wolf

Smash Journeyman
Ahem.
If the Inklings get into the game, do you guys think we'll get one more third party?
I worded it the way I did because why would all of these leakers put their reputations on the line if they knew the info was false?
A bunch of these "leakers" seem like the rudest of people. There isn't much reputation to salvage, so nothing to lose. If they guess it right, they've a lot of leverage to gain.

Last edited:

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Ahem.
No you worded it that way as if one of them said it WAS Inkling. NONE of them have done that.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
What is at stake? Their credibility as a leaker?
You really don't understand the internet do you? When you upset someone, it immediately becomes mob city. We are talking constant harassment and and death threats. It doesn't matter to people who are anonymous because people don't want to put the effort into finding out a place to harass them, but when they are big named people like Roger, people will go after them.

And if you want to deny that people who are wrong with leaks get Death Threats...

Ask @Neo Zero

This is why you don't underestimate these people who are saying they know info when they are big named. I don't know if they are credible or what they are about, you are right in that regard, but you can't just completely deny them.

Last edited:

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
God Nintendo already forced fed so much Splatoon that I don't want to buy it. If they really are in I will be supper disappointed.

I don't think its Inkling because its not a ten on Rodgers hype scale. Which I really doubt. He wants Inkling pretty badly I think, especially how when the ballot was announced Inkling and SK were the first two names he said he wanted people to vote for.

Roger is the only one I trust at this point. And I feel like the Inkling guy may have just spoke to another twitter person who was lying or something.
I had it but traded it in because it wasn't my thing.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
What's up with the Inklings hate?
I think it's misdirected hate.
I personally think these tweet guys are full of it.
The fact it's generating this much attention is causing some angst for everything involved in it.

Plus most people (I think) would rather be surprised.

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
Sorry I don't want to sound mean. It's just that there is no evidence it is them. And it really irritates me when people are thinking they are a "shoe-in." I HATE when people think that way about characters, especially ones that have never been in Smash before.
I accept your apology.
Believe me. There's nothing wrong with the Inklings, but my want for them is miniscule when compared to Rayman and K. Rool.
I really, really want the character to be K. Rool, but I don't want to risk getting dissappointed.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Sorry I don't want to sound mean. It's just that there is no evidence it is them. And it really irritates me when people are thinking they are a "shoe-in." I HATE when people think that way about characters, especially ones that have never been in Smash before.
Then why is it K.Rool? Everything points towards Inklings more. And I'm not even just referring to the leaks. A Splatoon direct period seems likely at this point with all this stuff about Octolings and them probably going to want to push for some Winter DLC. And if we get a Splatoon direct, it is a basic guarantee for Inklings. The first splatoon direct is currently the most popular direct period based on the number of views it has so there is no risk of people not seeing the reveal.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Then why is it K.Rool? Everything points towards Inklings more. And I'm not even just referring to the leaks. A Splatoon direct period seems likely at this point with all this stuff about Octolings and them probably going to want to push for some Winter DLC. And if we get a Splatoon direct, it is a basic guarantee for Inklings. The first splatoon direct is currently the most popular direct period based on the number of views it has so there is no risk of people not seeing the reveal.
What if these leaks are total bull poop.
And if that's the case, nothing suggests it's inklings.

And if there's a direct it will probably have more than just Smash and Splatoon info...

Last edited:

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Well guys; I suspect that if what Nikki (the Splatoon dataminer) said about her findings is correct, we will get a direct on the 14th (which means an announcement tomorrow), and then an update on the 16th. In a sense, this will basically confirm the Inklings for Smash (I am honestly neutral towards their appearance in the game, but if I had to choose a side, I'd say I would rather not have them in the game and wait till Smash 5 before they get their turn since their game came out like 5 months ago).

Last edited:

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
Whoever comes first, honestly. I have a soft spot for sword wielding characters and both seem to fit the bill.
I'm sure he'd be cool playable wise but as a character, not so fond of him

Lady Kuki

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PetraRal01
3DS FC
4854-7185-6306
Zael for Smash!
As much as I'd want him, he wouldn't be a good idea for Smash. For one thing, he's an anime swordfighter. The Smash fan base won't take too kindly to that, no matter how unique his moveset may be. Also, he's obscure and completely left field; hardly anyone asked for him. If he were a character revealed before Smash 4's release, or if he were a pre ballot character, he'd probably get a less negative reception. It's too late for that now though. :p

Last edited:

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
I think its more likely to be King K Rool because of what Rodger said. I seriously believe to him Inkling would be a 10 on the hype scale over a Donkey Kong character not named Lanky Kong. He said it was an 8 or 9.

As for the direct. With both the Smash and Splatoon directs, we have known more than a few days in advance when they were coming. About a week before hand. Nintendo Directs however, have commonly been announced 1 or 2 days before.

Burruni

Smash Hero
A) I think we need a pallette cleanser to cool down moods.
B)The actual rap part of the lyrics (to the end) pretty much summarize this DLC speculation.

Nowadays, many people abuse information (better choose)
Recognize the source, of course or get accused soon.
Be careful who you choose to speak in back room
Jealousy, jealousy running like sonic boom
It's messed up how anger and hatred looms large in the dark;
Leaving scars to some by who's fumed.
I got my third eye to see through their costumes
lies after lies, middle finger from Lotus Juice.
This pothole's beyond dark, bizarre, so intriguing.
Lost ones drunk off of pool of money dreaming.
Damn some still battling against these demons.
Brave souls even screaming, "Oh please, Jesus."
Money makes the world go around who the richest?
Mother Theresa, but they never listen to me
Kept dressing with a fake coverage.
Spitfire burn these dreads. Baby, Baby, Baby.

Bring it up! Bring it up!
Backside to everything but we're gonna bring it up.
Even if I die my words will live bring it up
Until my last breath, never ever gonna give it up
Hmmm ridiculousness
Suppose it's sick business
But we ain't gonna be fooled by these sickness
My brains is safe and sound with pure goodness.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
As much as I'd want him, he wouldn't be a good idea for Smash. For one thing, he's an anime swordfighter. The Smash fan base won't take too kindly to that, no matter how unique his moveset may be. Also, he's obscure and completely left field; hardly anyone asked for him. If he were a character revealed before Smash 4's release, or if he were a pre ballot character, he'd probably get a less negative reception. It's too late for that now though. :p
He could be Sakurai's senpai.
And this could be Sakurai's attempt at getting noticed by him.

But he's not, because he's not from Kid Icarus.

Last edited:

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
Hey, The Light Music Club The Light Music Club .
I know you've already expressed the characters that you don't like, but what characters do you want to see appear as Smash DLC?
Personally, the only characters that I really want to appear in Smash are K. Rool and Rayman.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Guys just a heads up, Nikki thinks its going to be a regular Ninty direct:
"A storm's a brewing. Smash, Splatoon, and now Twilight Princess HD. Nintendo, hurry up and announce the Direct already."

https://twitter.com/NWPlayer123/status/653709638089572352

Hey, The Light Music Club The Light Music Club .
I know you've already expressed the characters that you don't like, but what characters do you want to see appear as Smash DLC?
Personally, the only characters that I really want to appear in Smash are K. Rool and Rayman.
King K Rool, Layton, Wolf, Ice Climbers, and any other cut character, Shantae I'd be okay with, and I'd also like to see some more retro characters (N64 or later).

As for pipe dreams, Idolm@ster having a character, Micaiah, and Phoenix Wright top the list.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
What if these leaks are total bull poop.
And if that's the case, nothing suggests it's inklings.
And I'm not even just referring to the leaks.
Like I said, content found in Splatoon points to more evidence supporting a Splatoon direct soon. And I mean content we can actually see with our own eyes. Not just implied stuff like Roger is doing. It isn't just the current Rogerbase leak stuff.

Also, makes no different if it is a Splatoon direct or a general direct, as long as they talk about Splatoon it can easily have the perfect transition for an Inkling reveal.

I think its more likely to be King K Rool because of what Rodger said. I seriously believe to him Inkling would be a 10 on the hype scale over a Donkey Kong character not named Lanky Kong. He said it was an 8 or 9.
Is that the only reason? What about what he said about the character getting in eventually? If King K Rool doesn't get in this time, when he is the #1 character on the ballot, why would he have any chance of ever being in a smash game when he has been denied the opportunity 4 times by then? Especially when we don't even now if he will ever appear in another game ever.

Meanwhile, Inklings are the most obvious to get in eventually. Even if they don't get in now, they would have more games, more expanded ideas for moveset, maybe a better engine for smash to better support their type of moveset.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Like I said, content found in Splatoon points to more evidence supporting a Splatoon direct soon. And I mean content we can actually see with our own eyes. Not just implied stuff like Roger is doing. It isn't just the current Rogerbase leak stuff.

Also, makes no different if it is a Splatoon direct or a general direct, as long as they talk about Splatoon it can easily have the perfect transition for an Inkling reveal.

Is that the only reason? What about what he said about the character getting in eventually? If King K Rool doesn't get in this time, when he is the #1 character on the ballot, why would he have any chance of ever being in a smash game when he has been denied the opportunity 4 times by then? Especially when we don't even now if he will ever appear in another game ever.

Meanwhile, Inklings are the most obvious to get in eventually. Even if they don't get in now, they would have more games, more expanded ideas for moveset, maybe a better engine for smash to better support their type of moveset.
No that's not the only reason, I really think we aren't getting a Splatoon direct. As I just said:

Guys just a heads up, Nikki thinks its going to be a regular Ninty direct:
"A storm's a brewing. Smash, Splatoon, and now Twilight Princess HD. Nintendo, hurry up and announce the Direct already."

https://twitter.com/NWPlayer123/status/653709638089572352
Plus, earlier I said King K or Dixie. We are bound to get another DK character eventually. And King K Rool won't be the winner, Wolf will be the one who wins the ballot.

Stealth just tweeted:
"If they get into the game, the Inklings have the colors all ready for Smash. Sakurai does not have to do much work."

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
People sincerely think K. Rool's future as a character is in doubt after the ballot? Please. Fans are practically gift-wrapping Nintendo a selling point for future Donkey Kong games by their volume of votes for the guy, whether or not Sakurai puts him in Smash.

Still fully expecting Inklings within the week though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom