• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Character Discussion Thread - Read the new sticky/announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I'm not, he, Wayforward's designer and director, wouldn't just be next to Sakurai for no reason.
And the reason you're implying is a very big stretch.

If Shantae were confirmed for Smash after this, then I'd believe it, but for now it's just an employee of a company next to Sakurai. It means absolutely nothing right now.

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
And the reason you're implying is a very big stretch.

If Shantae were confirmed for Smash after this, then I'd believe it, but for now it's just an employee of a company next to Sakurai. It means absolutely nothing right now.
It was taken about a few days before the ballot, who knows.

Edit: It was confirmed Sakurai and James were in California.

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
Of the two big indie candidates, I far prefer Shantae to Shovel Knight.

Call a fair bit of that bias if you will, but across her 3 games with a 4th on the way, there's just more I've seen out of her and she's just overall a more lively character. Part of the Shame of Butt Butt's design is that he's basically just living armor that can speak, and minimally so.

For the whole Wayforward with Sakurai thing, I HOPE IT'S LIKE SAKURAI TWEETING THE REPLICA MONADO but it's likely nothing

Last edited:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
For all we know, that could be for a trophy. After all, Sakurai visited Platinum and all we got from Wonderful 101 was a handful of trophies.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
It was taken about a few days before the ballot, who knows.
Again, that's stretching for reasons to think that this means Shantae is in Smash. An employee from an indie company took a picture with Sakurai before the ballot ended.

So what?

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Again, that's stretching for reasons to think that this means Shantae is in Smash. An employee from an indie company took a picture with Sakurai before the ballot ended.

So what?
Just confirmed that Sakurai was visiting Wayforward's headquarters in California. :p

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I guess Nintendo sponsoring The Big House 5 means we're getting Smash 4 content tomorrow too, right??? With Shantae confirmation???

Smooth Criminal

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
For all we know, that could be for a trophy. After all, Sakurai visited Platinum and all we got from Wonderful 101 was a handful of trophies.
Don't.

Remind.

Me.

Re: Shantae, I don't think it means anything right now.

Edit: But I would prefer her over Butt Butt.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Shantae, Shovel Knight, and Inkling...

The darkest timeline.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
What I don't like about the speculation scene in general is how people try to take a spin on situations to bring down other characters chances.

K.Rool costume seemingly deconfirming him? "He still has a great chance, the costume means nothing!"

Shovel Knight having significant evidence backing him up? "No, he has NO chance".

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
What I don't like about the speculation scene in general is how people try to take a spin on situations to bring down other characters chances.

K.Rool costume seemingly deconfirming him? "He still has a great chance, the costume means nothing!"

Shovel Knight having significant evidence backing him up? "No, he has NO chance".
Way to compare apples and oranges.

Okay, so I'm gonna find Sakurai and take a picture with him and I'm gonna tweet it to everybody, and that's DEFINITIVE EVIENCE that My Original Character Blonic is in Smash.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
The problem is when people say things like this. I mean sure, maybe no chance is pushing it way too much, but I mean, significant evidence?

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209

Human psychology 101: We'll almost always interpret things in accordance with our own preconceived beliefs.

D

Deleted member

So ummm....The Ballot seems to be still open.....

By the way, can someone explain me does the Ballot website mean with "Your vote may be made public via the Internet"? Sorry if it sounds like a stupid question.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
By the way, can someone explain me does the Ballot website mean with "Your vote may be made public via the Internet"? Sorry if it sounds like a stupid question.
They may choose your vote at their discretion to show off to everyone, for whatever reason. Maybe a vote compilation, maybe your voted character got in and they show relevant votes, etc.

Last edited:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
You know how in those Accolades trailers they show off quotes from Reviewers? By giving your vote in the ballot, they have your consent to show off your quote on why you think the character you voted for should be in.

KimKarsmashian

Smash Journeyman
So ummm....The Ballot seems to be still open.....

The ballot seems to close at the end of October 3. Presumably according to local time zone. Otherwise, it's a little unfair to those who live far to the West of Japan to have their "voting day" cut short by sticking to Japanese time.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Smash Speculation Timeline

Timeline 1: Our Timeline

Self-Explanatory

Timline 2: The Chrom Timeline

The one where Chrom gets in over Robin. False Sense False Sense was so enraged by this that he made a petition to have Smash 4 not released to the public and was successful in doing so.

Timeline 3: The Rayman Timeline

The one where the Rayman leak wasn't a fake and was actually screenshots of official development. Rayman was officially revealed alongside Mewtwo in the 4/1 Direct meaning Lucas was pushed back to 6/14 alongside Royu.

Timeline 4: The 4th Party Timeline

The bizarre timeline where Goku and Shrek got in to Smash 4, creating a huge amount of controversy in the process. The inclusion of those 2 characters made Sakurai announce that no longer was being a video game character a requirement for being in Smash. Anyone, Fictional or Non-Fictional would be eligible to join the roster. This would lead to Smash 4 DLC only including 4th party characters. Among these characters were Ronald McDonald, Reggie Fils-Aime, Batman, John Cena, Spongebob, President Obama, and Sakurai's wife.

Timeline 5: The No Smash Bros Timeline

The one where Smash 64 was a commercial failure leading to Nintendo higher ups being extremely angry and firing Sakurai. Sakurai, very bitter about losing his job decides to stick it to Nintendo by joining Microsoft, who had just joined the video game industry and offered to pay Sakurai a very hefty sum of money if he worked for them.

He makes a game identical to Smash Bros called "Ultra Xbox Megamasters" featuring characters like Banjo and Master Chief which is a commercial success and boosts Xbox sales like crazy, even over taking the PS2 in sales and leading to the Gamecube's failure. Nintendo is unable to turn their fortune around and goes out of business. Sony also follows suit shortly, leading Microsoft to have a Monopoly on the Video Game industry.

I'll make more later.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815

Self-Explanatory

The one where Chrom gets in over Robin. False Sense False Sense was so enraged by this that he made a petition to have Smash 4 not released to the public and was successful in doing so.

The one where the Rayman leak wasn't a fake and was actually screenshots of official development. Rayman was officially revealed alongside Mewtwo in the 4/1 Direct meaning Lucas was pushed back to 6/14 alongside Royu.

The bizarre timeline where Goku and Shrek got in to Smash 4, creating a huge amount of controversy in the process. The inclusion of those 2 characters made Sakurai announce that no longer was being a video game character a requirement for being in Smash. Anyone, Fictional or Non-Fictional would be eligible to join the roster. This would lead to Smash 4 DLC only including 4th party characters. Among these characters were Ronald McDonald, Reggie Fils-Aime, Batman, John Cena, Spongebob, President Obama, and Sakurai's wife.

The one where Smash 64 was a commercial failure leading to Nintendo higher ups being extremely angry and firing Sakurai. Sakurai, very bitter about losing his job decides to stick it to Nintendo by joining Microsoft, who had just joined the video game industry and offered to pay Sakurai a very hefty sum of money if he worked for them.

He makes a game identical to Smash Bros called "Ultra Xbox Megamasters" featuring characters like Banjo and Master Chief which is a commercial success and boosts Xbox sales like crazy, even over taking the PS2 in sales and leading to the Gamecube's failure. Nintendo is unable to turn their fortune around and goes out of business. Sony also follows suit shortly, leading Microsoft to have a Monopoly on the Video Game industry.

I'll make more later.
You should totally do a Ridley timeline.

Lol'd at Timeline 2.

D

Deleted member

Self-Explanatory

I'll make more later.
Timeline 6: The Roy doesn't get in timeline.
The sound files turn out to be a fraud and Roy Koopa puts his plans of dominating the world in motion using Giga Bowser as his ultimate weapon. Chronobound starts an emotional journey to bring Roy back with the Time Egg.

Timeline 7: Speedwagon never joins SmashBoards timeline.
Speedwagon never got enough courage to join SmashBoards and because of this Speedwagon enters a depression state of no return.

Those are my ideas.

Lord-Zero

Smash Lord
They may choose your vote at their discretion to show off to everyone, for whatever reason. Maybe a vote compilation, maybe your voted character got in and they show relevant votes, etc.
Which they may use to show "dumb votes" and "proper votes" as well. Some of them will probably be shown to the public as to highlight which suggestions in particular made Sakurai and his team decide on a specific character.

Burruni

Smash Hero
CRAP FORGOT TO POST THIS EARLIER

Basically, to properly explain: This is my take of a parody for the "This is War" style of videos done by Falconshield for League of Legends. But shrunken a bit due to the size of the cast, only 6 lines each.

Example (Warning: Some language in the 4th and 6th sections)

Don't worry if your character sounds particularly arrogant, they all do. NOW!

This Is Smash!

:4mario:: Okay, let's-a-go!
Time to knock y'all to and fro.
Jack-of-all-trades, master of none?
Ha! The fun's just begun.
I'll break your kneecaps, fix your pipes.
Oh sweet victory tastes so ripe.

:4luigi:: Hey, bro! Don't forget about me!
The green wonder, one-and-only Luigi!
Gonna make you losers green with envy
When I send you flying with my Up+B
I'm a fire shooting live rocket that spins like a cyclone.
I may fix toilets but Battlefield's MY throne!

:4peach:: A Princess in the fight ready to play her part.
To be able to go into fights this deadly, it really takes heart.
I've got an arsenal of tools, turnips, and a Pocket Toad.
To take 1st Place here just like on Rainbow Road.
Making these hips work for a white girl so thin.
But in the end you'll be hearing, "Oh, did I win~?"

:rosalina:: I launch into battle, a Queen of all Cosmos.
And I surely have no time for your salty woes.
With Luma set to stand, we're combat prepared.
ZeRo chance that "poorly" describes how we have fared.
Of course amongst the skies we have made out place.
Now how about we send you into deep space!

:4bowser:: Bow, fools! The King has arrived!
Against my godly might? None shall survive!
No more hunchback, I'm standing upright.
And I'll drop kick you all right outta this fight!
Your princess? Your Life? I'll take it all!
With a Flying Slam, please mind the fall.

:4bowserjr:: Come on, Papa, don't hog all the fun!
It's my great debut, the one true son!
Flying on the scene with my mighty mech.
Every last one of you, I'll make sure to wreck.
Explosives, Cannons, my arsenal's unbound!
And I ain't stopping til you're flat on the ground.

:4yoshi:: Everyone's favorite dinosaur, your local Yoshi.
From my slouched position, I've been set free!
I'll fling enough yolk to fill up breakfast, dinner, lunch.
But my unmatched aerial game really packs a punch!
When your body's a hammer, all you see are pegs!
But everyone cite the year, it's 20EggsEggs.

:4drmario:: I'm a combat medic. Here's my PHD.
Punish hard & dunk you when you try to touch me.
I'll knock your lights out, but at my own pace.
Just wait for your appointment with my fist and your face.
After another long day, I wash my hands clean of blood.
But that's surely won't be with a puny F.L.U.D.D.

:4wario2:: WA HA HA, now the party can begin.
Any true warrior must be burly, not thin!
A Brawler of such bulk, I'm clearly a Viking!
From expeditions to companies, I'm always the King!
Beating fools for my pay, yeah you make it too easy!
Ugh... oh... my gut's feeling queasy....

:4dk:: DK here to say that he's the Top Banana
Windbox game stronger than Wobblin' Popo and Nana.
Bigger, faster, stronger, and defininetely cooler.
Savage throw game can't get any K.Rooler.
No competition, Donkey is the strongest Kong.
Winning also makes DK Expand Dong.

:4diddy:: Here I am again, the Jungle Japes Joker.
So many kids asking "Could he BE any broker?!"
With my cool shades and guitar I'm too hip
To be phased when you're monkey flipped.
All you low-tier scrubs can boo-hoo the hoo-ha.
But in the end I'll be the one laughing, HA-HA!

:4link:: Making my return, the great Hero of Time.
Couldn't think I can talk? I'm no friggin mime!
Master sword in hand, I'm ready to make some cuts.
Face me and my arsenal? Wow, you've really got cuts.
Courage is my badge, I'll take any foe on!
No stamina holding me back, BRING ON THE MARATHON!

:4zelda:: The holder of wisdom, Princess Zelda is here.
Knowing your skill, I have no reason to fear.
A woman must have elegance, and of course not be brash.
But it doesn't break to rule for slice with Phantom Slash!
Din, Faerore, Nayru, leave my foes spellbound
So that my lightning kicks can send them Hellbound!

:4sheik:: I arrive on the scene, the last living Sheikah.
Running circles around you faster than your beloved Pika.
On the battlefield, I'll make sure my point is made.
I'm no Snake in the grass, but I have a grenade.
So chill out like you're under the Castle Walse
Because any hopes you have of winning are truly False.

:4ganondorf:: Welcome to the battlefield, my home turf.
Prepare to face the wrath of ThunderCougarFalconDorf!
I'm a god of power, a king of disrespect.
Want to fight me one on one? #Rekt.
Loss to me isn't Bizzare, oh, so no need to Flame.
Amongst the Gerudo, combat's merely a game.

:4tlink:: Hero of winds gonna blow you away!
Projectile game to wall you out all day!
I'm here to save the day, SoCal me a hero.
I'm gonna take you straight to death from zero.
I may be a kid but I'm no less of a man.
It's time to throw down just call me Zan.

:4samus:: The Last of the Chozo, I am Samus Aran.
And taking the bounty on your head is my simple plan.
A powered up power suit ready to overpower you.
I've got a massive arsenal of destruction, through and through.
There's no escape, weither you run or crawl.
I've got you in my sights, so let's get ready to brawl.

:4zss:: Zero Suit Samus ready to crush you under my heel.
I'm serving up pain and it's a 3-Course Meal!
Rocket Boots, phaser gun, we're going full Sci-Fi.
And with my aerial game, you're going sky high!
Yeah, I know I'm hotter than Summer Cairo.
But I assure that your end is Nairo! (Nigh.. as in soon)

:4pit:: Angelic Warrior of Lady Palutena, Pit has arrived!
And against demons and aliens, I've already survived!
A hardened hero, my choice is of fight not flight.
Resident of the Skyworld, I'm always in the right!
I'm toting a bow, orbitars, and an uppderdash arm.
I'm a lifetaker because it's your hearts I farm.

:4palutena:: I have arrived, your local Godess of Light.
I'm no damsel in distress and I'm ready to fight.
So please, allow me to illuminate.
That defeat is surely your only fate.
A full custom diety that's primed to spar.
With angelic wings and pillars of light, you'll be flying far.

:4darkpit:: I am a shadow, the true self.
Fear my potent arrows, the envy of any elf.
An E-Rated Lucifer set to take you down.
Even upon your corpse I'll keep my frown.
I'll stand unshaken while all you oafs faff.
Bown down to the power of my 6-star staff.

:4marth:: Koko ni iru yo. Minna, miteite kure!
Mohitotsu no shosha? NANI SORE?!
Kanmuri o torimasu ka? Saseru mono ka!
Watashi wa eiyu-odesu, mikitta!
Anata no han'nodearimasu, "Ooh, Kawaii Desu!"
Shikashi, watashi no ken ga ten o tsukisasu kendesu!

:4myfriends:: The Lord Ike arrives with the mighty Ragnell.
Let me get a swing in and you'll be sent to Hell!
Take to the skies and plummet with Aether.
I fight for my friends, never fairweather.
Buffed up to my prime, beware the D-air Spike.
All bow to the Son of Greil, the Mighty Lord Ike!

:4robinm::4robinf:: Here I come, the famous Tactictian!
To win all of my battles is always my mission.
Your odds of winning are certain to bomb.
For you fight not just me, but also Chrom!
Two heroes fighting together for one cause.
We'll defeat you all, and wait for applause.

:4lucina:: The Exalted Heir's has arrived on the scene.
To the hero king, a reflection may be seen.
But I know how this ends. Your future's my past.
Against my falchion, HA, none shall last!
I'll take on all foes, open the floodgate!
If you're destined to win, I CHALLENGE MY FATE!

:4feroy::Everyone chant it out now, "Roy's our boy!"
Am I here, ready to kick ass? Uh, DOY!
I'm a warrior prince, and I don't mean to boast.
But with an OHKO Blazer? All you fools are toast!
My close quarter skills couldn't be brought up any higher.
And the only flaming allowed around here is with T3H PH1R3!!1!1!11one!11!!

:4kirby:: Kirby Kirby Kirby that's the name you should know.
Kirby Kirby Kirby's gonna steal the show!
It's clear to say that I'm more than you think.
And your hopes for winning are down the drink.
A star warrior to win while you chew the fat.
Give me your worst and I'll Chudat!

:4dedede:: The King has arrived, it's Dedede!
Ain't nothing but peasants as far as the eye can see.
A rocket powered hammer ready to knock y'all flat
This ain't nothin but muscle, don't call it fat.
Breaking the rules of nature, I'm a flying penguin!
And nobody's gonna get between me and my win.

:4metaknight:: The Star Warrior of Might, Meta Knight takes flight.
Prepared to take down any of you knaves in a fight.
The only star warrior to be ranked Double S.
I can't help but think you're still a bit salty, yes?
I'm still a Knight to break the Meta no matter the nerf.
Take me on, this battlefield's still my turf.

:4fox:: Flying in on scene, the one and only Fox McCloud
Though... this new voice... isn't doing my old man proud.
This sure ain't Melee but I'm still doing just fine.
Go ahead and complain and I'll let you eat my shine.
My moves are so hot, fox meat's now considered Tex-Mex.
Everyone check your callenders, because it's 20XX!

:4falco:: The Lombardi ace here, ready to go.
Say it with me now, DAT AIN'T FALCO!
This ain't melee but my combo game's still unfair.
I'd drill you into the ground but I prefer the air.
I'm an ice pilot and a shooting ace.
Now go ahead and get out of my face.

:4pikachu:: Your local Pika Pika ready to be fought.
And it won't be me who's gonna be getting caught!
Dex Number 25, but I'm really Number 1.
And trust me, the thunder's ready to be brung!
I'm lightning quick, and that's just the facts.
Try to stack against me and you'll be getting the Axe!

:4charizard:: I'm back, Smashers, and I've dropped Red.
Now nobody's stopping me from dropping YOU dead.
Squirtle? Ivy? What happened, you say?
Turtle Soup and Salad on my bloody buffet!
So come on, step it up so I can get my kicks.
You'll be charred under my flaming river, #6.

:4jigglypuff:: Hey, boys! P-Jiggles is here.
Thought I was cut? Ha, have no fear.
My aerial chain still carry and you may call it cheap.
But your whining just puts me to sleep.
Your salty tears feed this Hungry Box of pain.
I'll sing and dance on this mound of the slain.

:4lucario:: I have arrived, a warrior of aura.
Lighting quick punches screaming ORA ORA ORA!
My power increase with my damage will surely make you rage.
Deal so much damage your tanks look like a mage.
Amongst Lupine fighters I'm far from The Third.
But to beat me in battle? Oh how absurd.

:4greninja:: Out of a watery smoke, here comes Greninja!
Showing you how unskilled you are at the vidja.
Let me guess, what's next? "Oh, he needs a nerf?"
You're so predictable, get off of my turf!
I'll soar while you sink with my trusty Hydro Pump.
So at least try to humor me during our battle, you chump!

:4mewtwo:: I make my return, the original Smash Clone.
And upon the winner's circle I'll be standing alone.
You don't need to be Psychic to see how this will end.
With a bit of telekineses, it's not just spoons that I bend.
They say don't play with your food, but I see no rush.
Shadow balls to shadow realm, how about a MIND CRUSH!

:4ness:: Here I am, the Rockin kid of PK.
I'm knock you out of the park, OK?
I'll keep you as far away as my dad.
Don't need PSI to see that you're bad.
Aerial skills to known you here to Saturn.
I'll roast you like a porky pig, so feel the burn!

:4lucas:: Out of nowhere, Lucas has come to town.
With a crazy back air spike, you're going down!
I'm here to win, the last hero of Mother.
Think I'll go easy? I took down my brother!
Beating someone like you will be a TK Breeze.
It's time for you to chill out. PK FREEZE!

:4falcon:: I'll race around you in circles while having my lunch.
The only time I'll pause is for a FALCON PUNCH!
Bounty Hunter, Space Racer, an all-around hero.
I'm like A1 and you're just F-Zero.
This battle's already over, so call it a wrap.
You've shown all your moves and frankly they're crap.

:4olimar:: Captain Olimar, of Planet Hocotate!
Instead of fight, I'd rather haul a freight.
With my Pikmin force, I'm truly versatile.
And they'll only grow stronger if this goes on for a while.
My policy's been it's all for one, and one for all.
And I'll turn any little fight into an all-out Brawl.

:4villager:: Taking a day off from being a mayor, Villager's coming to town.
And my bowling ball drop-offs will make sure you're all going down!
Cross the stage with some balloons or with my LLoyd Rocket.
You say I've got this battle tight in my pocket!
I'm the most nicest smile you've ever done met.
But let's say I rack up a KILLER DEBT!

:4wiifit:: The #1 trainer here to help you stretch.
I don't care if you can't bend that far, you little wretch.
For this work out, I'll be sure to be fast.
Take a deep breath, it'll be your last.
It's no comparison, I'm in far better condition.
Now, let's return to our original position.

:4shulk:: Alright, it's Shulk time again!
Time for the Monado's Power to bring the pain.
In my field of vision, the battles falls upon.
And to any challenge, my blade is drawn.
Next you're going to say... Hmm.. Let's see...
"Nothin' hits harder than my flying Side-B!"

:4littlemac:: Nothin' hits harder than my flying Side-- Nani?!
Don't let that ego think that you're a sure thing, you see.
I'm the small package good things come in, in short.
This ain't B-Ball but I'll dunk you on this court.
With megaton punches, this circuit's just another belt.
My super armor makes me shrug off whatever hits I've been dealt.

:4gaw:: Time to show you the power of Old School.
Motions of 3 frames but I'm still feeling cool.
You may say my view is narrow but I'm doing fine.
Better than you will after this NINE!
With a wonky croutchbox all you fools just seem to miss.
I'd tell you how this ends but ignorance is bliss.

:4rob:: I have arrived, the Family Computer Robot.
My primary objective is to make sure you're fought.
Against my aerials you will be in quite a bind.
I can not lose. I'm the last of my kind.
No matter the resistance, my aim will keep true.
Life must be Hexing when you're a 4c6f736572.

:4duckhunt:: Duck Hunt Duo are ready to join the fight.
And trust that our bark ain't worse than our bite!
A fighting canine better than Hong Kong Phooey.
Your duo fighter team, not Banjo-Kazooie.
It's a dog-eat-dog world, yeah, it's pretty ruff.
But well put you to the test, do you got the stuff?

:4sonic:: Here I am again, the Fastest Thing Alive!
And on this battlefield, I can truly thrive.
It's clear that I've got a real need for speed.
But pick up the pace if you wanna take top seed.
I'll always out-pace your hits, day in, day out.
Where's this challenge I keep hearing about?

:4megaman:: The fighting Blue Bomber back to join in the ring.
And nobody can match how many projectiles I bring!
Jump and Shoot to wall out any foe or Robot Master.
Master Sword or Monado can't hold up to a Mega Blaster.
I'll Rock and Roll you so hard you'll be singin' the Blues.
I'm a Super Fighting Robot, there's no way way I can lose!

:4pacman:: Here I am, the original Ghostbuster!
Chowing down any compeition you muster.
In the game of life, you get fed or start feeding.
And THAT'S a life lesson you better start heading.
With a charged up Key, see how far I can Whack Ya!
Now everyone say it with me, Waka Waka Waka.

:4ryu:: Yep, finally. Ryu back on Nintendo.
Taking stocks so fast, this Street Fighter's II Turbo.
A world fighter on the ring fighting things from outer space?
Jeez have these guys look really out of place....
No matter I'll beat you all down again and again.
Wonder if you can lose to me Jv3? SHORYUKEN!

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Crap, I don't know how that didn't come to mind when I was writing that.

Timeline 6: The Ridley Timeline

The 4/8 Smash Direct is upon us in 2014 and much to everyone's suprise, Ridley was officially confirmed in the Direct causing a huge buzz in the Smash Community. The Ridley fans are extremely overjoyed to see his inclusion in the game while the Ridley haters are drowning in salt.

Unfortunately, the Ridley fans excitement turns in to extreme arrogance over time. They brag left and right about how there favorite character got in and continue to mock the detractors who didn't want Ridley. On top of that, they have the audacity to mock anyone who's character didn't make it in to the game as well as downplay every other Smash 4 newcomer for not "being as epic as Ridley".

Sakurai, angered by this politely tells Ridley fans on Twitter to not be arrogant about having their character in the game and tells them to be humble. They refuse and become even more arrogant. Sakurai, furious announces that he's going to scrap Ridley because of their actions leading to Ridley fans begging Sakurai to change his mind in which he doesn't. Ridley is replaced by the last minute clone, Dark Samus and fans of Ridley are left to constantly regret their actions.

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

Brb going to that timeline.

D

Deleted member

Timeline #8: The ESRB Leak is fake timeline.
The ESRB leak turns out to be a fraud made by Artsy Omni, GameOnion and a bunch of other guys who wanted to mess around with the Smash Community. Because of this, the Smash community never believed in any other leak ever again.

Timeline #9: The Tower of Smash leak is real Timeline.
For the surprise of many, the TOS leak turns out to be true and as such, Ridley, The Chorus Kids, Dixie Kong and Impa join the battle alongside Mewtwo. However in this timeline, the Ballot never happened and Lucas, Roy and Ryu never joined in, meaning that those 5 were the only DLC characters that we got.

Last edited by a moderator:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Ura Ura I also wanted to ask if you could tell me about this thing about an Inkling rumor?

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209

I assume this is also the timeline where my personality devolved into that of a rabid and petty fanboy?

Timeline #8: The ESRB Leak is fake timeline.
The ESRB leak turns out to be a fraud made by Artsy Omni, GameOnion and a bunch of other guys who wanted to mess around with the Smash Community. Because of this, the Smash community never believed in any other leak ever again.
You expect me to believe something so ludicrous? :p

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276

Considering we have no actual idea whether or not Mii costumes of non-veteran characters actually disconfirms them, it's pretty arrogant to assume that opinion is strawgrasping.

And Shovel Knight only has one thing that actually backs him up, the rumour which was backed up by two moderators (who aren't even 100% sure of said rumour)

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Timeline 7: The Bond Timeline

James Bond makes the cut in Melee and thus becomes a veteran in all future Smash Bros games. Because of this, Nintendo has a working relationship with the producers of James Bond films allowing at least one Nintendo reference/cameo in every James Bond movie.

Timeline 8: The Gematsu Timeline

Gematsu makes their predictions like usual but this time they're completly 100% spot on with everything they say leading to everyone wondering how the leaker knows everything about the game's development.

Days later, an anonymous video appears on Youtube of a man in a mask. The man tells the viewers that he was behind the Gematsu leaks and then proceeds to remove his mask...revealing it was none other than Sakurai himself! Sakurai proceeds to say the following.

"IT WAS ME SMASH COMMUNITY! IT WAS ME ALL ALONG!

"Aww son of a b*tch" replied every Smash Bros fan watching the video.

I assume this is also the timeline where my personality devolved into that of a rabid and petty fanboy?
Probably. I think your Username in that timeline might be True Sense, The Reality of Truth.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Im honestly wondering how long it will take to see at least 1 new character. Something tells me that we may have to wait until December or even JANUARY. Although that just may be me beign pessimistic or something.

You expect me to believe something so ludicrous? :p

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
CRAP FORGOT TO POST THIS EARLIER

Basically, to properly explain: This is my take of a parody for the "This is War" style of videos done by Falconshield for League of Legends. But shrunken a bit due to the size of the cast, only 6 lines each.

Example (Warning: Some language in the 4th and 6th sections)

Don't worry if your character sounds particularly arrogant, they all do. NOW!

This Is Smash!

:4mario:: Okay, let's-a-go!
Time to knock y'all to and fro.
Jack-of-all-trades, master of none?
Ha! The fun's just begun.
I'll break your kneecaps, fix your pipes.
Oh sweet victory tastes so ripe.

:4luigi:: Hey, bro! Don't forget about me!
The green wonder, one-and-only Luigi!
Gonna make you losers green with envy
When I send you flying with my Up+B
I'm a fire shooting live rocket that spins like a cyclone.
I may fix toilets but Battlefield's MY throne!

:4peach:: A Princess in the fight ready to play her part.
To be able to go into fights this deadly, it really takes heart.
I've got an arsenal of tools, turnips, and a Pocket Toad.
To take 1st Place here just like on Rainbow Road.
Making these hips work for a white girl so thin.
But in the end you'll be hearing, "Oh, did I win~?"

:rosalina:: I launch into battle, a Queen of all Cosmos.
And I surely have no time for your salty woes.
With Luma set to stand, we're combat prepared.
ZeRo chance that "poorly" describes how we have fared.
Of course amongst the skies we have made out place.
Now how about we send you into deep space!

:4bowser:: Bow, fools! The King has arrived!
Against my godly might? None shall survive!
No more hunchback, I'm standing upright.
And I'll drop kick you all right outta this fight!
Your princess? Your Life? I'll take it all!
With a Flying Slam, please mind the fall.

:4bowserjr:: Come on, Papa, don't hog all the fun!
It's my great debut, the one true son!
Flying on the scene with my mighty mech.
Every last one of you, I'll make sure to wreck.
Explosives, Cannons, my arsenal's unbound!
And I ain't stopping til you're flat on the ground.

:4yoshi:: Everyone's favorite dinosaur, your local Yoshi.
From my slouched position, I've been set free!
I'll fling enough yolk to fill up breakfast, dinner, lunch.
But my unmatched aerial game really packs a punch!
When your body's a hammer, all you see are pegs!
But everyone cite the year, it's 20EggsEggs.

:4drmario:: I'm a combat medic. Here's my PHD.
Punish hard & dunk you when you try to touch me.
I'll knock your lights out, but at my own pace.
Just wait for your appointment with my fist and your face.
After another long day, I wash my hands clean of blood.
But that's surely won't be with a puny F.L.U.D.D.

:4wario2:: WA HA HA, now the party can begin.
Any true warrior must be burly, not thin!
A Brawler of such bulk, I'm clearly a Viking!
From expeditions to companies, I'm always the King!
Beating fools for my pay, yeah you make it too easy!
Ugh... oh... my gut's feeling queasy....

:4dk:: DK here to say that he's the Top Banana
Windbox game stronger than Wobblin' Popo and Nana.
Bigger, faster, stronger, and defininetely cooler.
Savage throw game can't get any K.Rooler.
No competition, Donkey is the strongest Kong.
Winning also makes DK Expand Dong.

:4diddy:: Here I am again, the Jungle Japes Joker.
So many kids asking "Could he BE any broker?!"
With my cool shades and guitar I'm too hip
To be phased when you're monkey flipped.
All you low-tier scrubs can boo-hoo the hoo-ha.
But in the end I'll be the one laughing, HA-HA!

:4link:: Making my return, the great Hero of Time.
Couldn't think I can talk? I'm no friggin mime!
Master sword in hand, I'm ready to make some cuts.
Face me and my arsenal? Wow, you've really got cuts.
Courage is my badge, I'll take any foe on!
No stamina holding me back, BRING ON THE MARATHON!

:4zelda:: The holder of wisdom, Princess Zelda is here.
Knowing your skill, I have no reason to fear.
A woman must have elegance, and of course not be brash.
But it doesn't break to rule for slice with Phantom Slash!
Din, Faerore, Nayru, leave my foes spellbound
So that my lightning kicks can send them Hellbound!

:4sheik:: I arrive on the scene, the last living Sheikah.
Running circles around you faster than your beloved Pika.
On the battlefield, I'll make sure my point is made.
I'm no Snake in the grass, but I have a grenade.
So chill out like you're under the Castle Walse
Because any hopes you have of winning are truly False.

:4ganondorf:: Welcome to the battlefield, my home turf.
Prepare to face the wrath of ThunderCougarFalconDorf!
I'm a god of power, a king of disrespect.
Want to fight me one on one? #Rekt.
Loss to me isn't Bizzare, oh, so no need to Flame.
Amongst the Gerudo, combat's merely a game.

:4tlink:: Hero of winds gonna blow you away!
Projectile game to wall you out all day!
I'm here to save the day, SoCal me a hero.
I'm gonna take you straight to death from zero.
I may be a kid but I'm no less of a man.
It's time to throw down just call me Zan.

:4samus:: The Last of the Chozo, I am Samus Aran.
And taking the bounty on your head is my simple plan.
A powered up power suit ready to overpower you.
I've got a massive arsenal of destruction, through and through.
There's no escape, weither you run or crawl.
I've got you in my sights, so let's get ready to brawl.

:4zss:: Zero Suit Samus ready to crush you under my heel.
I'm serving up pain and it's a 3-Course Meal!
Rocket Boots, phaser gun, we're going full Sci-Fi.
And with my aerial game, you're going sky high!
Yeah, I know I'm hotter than Summer Cairo.
But I assure that your end is Nairo! (Nigh.. as in soon)

:4pit:: Angelic Warrior of Lady Palutena, Pit has arrived!
And against demons and aliens, I've already survived!
A hardened hero, my choice is of fight not flight.
Resident of the Skyworld, I'm always in the right!
I'm toting a bow, orbitars, and an uppderdash arm.
I'm a lifetaker because it's your hearts I farm.

:4palutena:: I have arrived, your local Godess of Light.
I'm no damsel in distress and I'm ready to fight.
So please, allow me to illuminate.
That defeat is surely your only fate.
A full custom diety that's primed to spar.
With angelic wings and pillars of light, you'll be flying far.

:4darkpit:: I am a shadow, the true self.
Fear my potent arrows, the envy of any elf.
An E-Rated Lucifer set to take you down.
Even upon your corpse I'll keep my frown.
I'll stand unshaken while all you oafs faff.
Bown down to the power of my 6-star staff.

:4marth:: Koko ni iru yo. Minna, miteite kure!
Mohitotsu no shosha? NANI SORE?!
Kanmuri o torimasu ka? Saseru mono ka!
Watashi wa eiyu-odesu, mikitta!
Anata no han'nodearimasu, "Ooh, Kawaii Desu!"
Shikashi, watashi no ken ga ten o tsukisasu kendesu!

:4myfriends:: The Lord Ike arrives with the mighty Ragnell.
Let me get a swing in and you'll be sent to Hell!
Take to the skies and plummet with Aether.
I fight for my friends, never fairweather.
Buffed up to my prime, beware the D-air Spike.
All bow to the Son of Greil, the Mighty Lord Ike!

:4robinm::4robinf:: Here I come, the famous Tactictian!
To win all of my battles is always my mission.
Your odds of winning are certain to bomb.
For you fight not just me, but also Chrom!
Two heroes fighting together for one cause.
We'll defeat you all, and wait for applause.

:4lucina:: The Exalted Heir's has arrived on the scene.
To the hero king, a reflection may be seen.
But I know how this ends. Your future's my past.
Against my falchion, HA, none shall last!
I'll take on all foes, open the floodgate!
If you're destined to win, I CHALLENGE MY FATE!

:4feroy::Everyone chant it out now, "Roy's our boy!"
Am I here, ready to kick ***? Uh, DOY!
I'm a warrior prince, and I don't mean to boast.
But with an OHKO Blazer? All you fools are toast!
My close quarter skills couldn't be brought up any higher.
And the only flaming allowed around here is with T3H PH1R3!!1!1!11one!11!!

:4kirby:: Kirby Kirby Kirby that's the name you should know.
Kirby Kirby Kirby's gonna steal the show!
It's clear to say that I'm more than you think.
And your hopes for winning are down the drink.
A star warrior to win while you chew the fat.
Give me your worst and I'll Chudat!

:4dedede:: The King has arrived, it's Dedede!
Ain't nothing but peasants as far as the eye can see.
A rocket powered hammer ready to knock y'all flat
This ain't nothin but muscle, don't call it fat.
Breaking the rules of nature, I'm a flying penguin!
And nobody's gonna get between me and my win.

:4metaknight:: The Star Warrior of Might, Meta Knight takes flight.
Prepared to take down any of you knaves in a fight.
The only star warrior to be ranked Double S.
I can't help but think you're still a bit salty, yes?
I'm still a Knight to break the Meta no matter the nerf.
Take me on, this battlefield's still my turf.

:4fox:: Flying in on scene, the one and only Fox McCloud
Though... this new voice... isn't doing my old man proud.
This sure ain't Melee but I'm still doing just fine.
Go ahead and complain and I'll let you eat my shine.
My moves are so hot, fox meat's now considered Tex-Mex.
Everyone check your callenders, because it's 20XX!

:4falco:: The Lombardi ace here, ready to go.
Say it with me now, DAT AIN'T FALCO!
This ain't melee but my combo game's still unfair.
I'd drill you into the ground but I prefer the air.
I'm an ice pilot and a shooting ace.
Now go ahead and get out of my face.

:4pikachu:: Your local Pika Pika ready to be fought.
And it won't be me who's gonna be getting caught!
Dex Number 25, but I'm really Number 1.
And trust me, the thunder's ready to be brung!
I'm lightning quick, and that's just the facts.
Try to stack against me and you'll be getting the Axe!

:4charizard:: I'm back, Smashers, and I've dropped Red.
Now nobody's stopping me from dropping YOU dead.
Squirtle? Ivy? What happened, you say?
Turtle Soup and Salad on my bloody buffet!
So come on, step it up so I can get my kicks.
You'll be charred under my flaming river, #6.

:4jigglypuff:: Hey, boys! P-Jiggles is here.
Thought I was cut? Ha, have no fear.
My aerial chain still carry and you may call it cheap.
But your whining just puts me to sleep.
Your salty tears feed this Hungry Box of pain.
I'll sing and dance on this mound of the slain.

:4lucario:: I have arrived, a warrior of aura.
Lighting quick punches screaming ORA ORA ORA!
My power increase with my damage will surely make you rage.
Deal so much damage your tanks look like a mage.
Amongst Lupine fighters I'm far from The Third.
But to beat me in battle? Oh how absurd.

:4greninja:: Out of a watery smoke, here comes Greninja!
Showing you how unskilled you are at the vidja.
Let me guess, what's next? "Oh, he needs a nerf?"
You're so predictable, get off of my turf!
I'll soar while you sink with my trusty Hydro Pump.
So at least try to humor me during our battle, you chump!

:4mewtwo:: I make my return, the original Smash Clone.
And upon the winner's circle I'll be standing alone.
You don't need to be Psychic to see how this will end.
With a bit of telekineses, it's not just spoons that I bend.
They say don't play with your food, but I see no rush.
Shadow balls to shadow realm, how about a MIND CRUSH!

:4ness:: Here I am, the Rockin kid of PK.
I'm knock you out of the park, OK?
I'll keep you as far away as my dad.
Don't need PSI to see that you're bad.
Aerial skills to known you here to Saturn.
I'll roast you like a porky pig, so feel the burn!

:4lucas:: Out of nowhere, Lucas has come to town.
With a crazy back air spike, you're going down!
I'm here to win, the last hero of Mother.
Think I'll go easy? I took down my brother!
Beating someone like you will be a TK Breeze.
It's time for you to chill out. PK FREEZE!

:4falcon:: I'll race around you in circles while having my lunch.
The only time I'll pause is for a FALCON PUNCH!
Bounty Hunter, Space Racer, an all-around hero.
I'm like A1 and you're just F-Zero.
This battle's already over, so call it a wrap.
You've shown all your moves and frankly they're crap.

:4olimar:: Captain Olimar, of Planet Hocotate!
Instead of fight, I'd rather haul a freight.
With my Pikmin force, I'm truly versatile.
And they'll only grow stronger if this goes on for a while.
My policy's been it's all for one, and one for all.
And I'll turn any little fight into an all-out Brawl.

:4villager:: Taking a day off from being a mayor, Villager's coming to town.
And my bowling ball drop-offs will make sure you're all going down!
Cross the stage with some balloons or with my LLoyd Rocket.
You say I've got this battle tight in my pocket!
I'm the most nicest smile you've ever done met.
But let's say I rack up a KILLER DEBT!

:4wiifit:: The #1 trainer here to help you stretch.
I don't care if you can't bend that far, you little wretch.
For this work out, I'll be sure to be fast.
Take a deep breath, it'll be your last.
It's no comparison, I'm in far better condition.
Now, let's return to our original position.

:4shulk:: Alright, it's Shulk time again!
Time for the Monado's Power to bring the pain.
In my field of vision, the battles falls upon.
And to any challenge, my blade is drawn.
Next you're going to say... Hmm.. Let's see...
"Nothin' hits harder than my flying Side-B!"

:4littlemac:: Nothin' hits harder than my flying Side-- Nani?!
Don't let that ego think that you're a sure thing, you see.
I'm the small package good things come in, in short.
This ain't B-Ball but I'll dunk you on this court.
With megaton punches, this circuit's just another belt.
My super armor makes me shrug off whatever hits I've been dealt.

:4gaw:: Time to show you the power of Old School.
Motions of 3 frames but I'm still feeling cool.
You may say my view is narrow but I'm doing fine.
Better than you will after this NINE!
With a wonky croutchbox all you fools just seem to miss.
I'd tell you how this ends but ignorance is bliss.

:4rob:: I have arrived, the Family Computer Robot.
My primary objective is to make sure you're fought.
Against my aerials you will be in quite a bind.
I can not lose. I'm the last of my kind.
No matter the resistance, my aim will keep true.
Life must be Hexing when you're a 4c6f736572.

:4duckhunt:: Duck Hunt Duo are ready to join the fight.
And trust that our bark ain't worse than our bite!
A fighting canine better than Hong Kong Phooey.
Your duo fighter team, not Banjo-Kazooie.
It's a dog-eat-dog world, yeah, it's pretty ruff.
But well put you to the test, do you got the stuff?

:4sonic:: Here I am again, the Fastest Thing Alive!
And on this battlefield, I can truly thrive.
It's clear that I've got a real need for speed.
But pick up the pace if you wanna take top seed.
I'll always out-pace your hits, day in, day out.
Where's this challenge I keep hearing about?

:4megaman:: The fighting Blue Bomber back to join in the ring.
And nobody can match how many projectiles I bring!
Jump and Shoot to wall out any foe or Robot Master.
Master Sword or Monado can't hold up to a Mega Blaster.
I'll Rock and Roll you so hard you'll be singin' the Blues.
I'm a Super Fighting Robot, there's no way way I can lose!

:4pacman:: Here I am, the original Ghostbuster!
Chowing down any compeition you muster.
In the game of life, you get fed or start feeding.
And THAT'S a life lesson you better start heading.
With a charged up Key, see how far I can Whack Ya!
Now everyone say it with me, Waka Waka Waka.

:4ryu:: Yep, finally. Ryu back on Nintendo.
Taking stocks so fast, this Street Fighter's II Turbo.
A world fighter on the ring fighting things from outer space?
Jeez have these guys look really out of place....
No matter I'll beat you all down again and again.
Wonder if you can lose to me Jv3? SHORYUKEN!
This is the best thing in the world ever ever ever ever.

I died when I got the Peach's verse, but Ryu's is my favourite hands down.

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
I'm pretty sure that Sakurai, deep inside, wanted to give Ridley some respect.
Ahahahhahaha... Ha..
Right, Sure, Okay, We can Pretend.

He even outright stated he tried to make him playable, but his awkward proportions make that hard.
Absolutely false,

Sakurai knew from the start he was gonna make him complete trash- I mean a pathetic stage hazard he said the complete BS about him not being able to fly freely ( :4kirby::4metaknight::4mewtwo::4charizard:), He'd have to be sized-down(:4bowser:), he'd have to have smaller wings and accurate character portrayals are important (:4ganondorf: :4zss:) hilariously Ridley feels incredibly out-of-character as he is Ridley was made into a slow punching bag that barely flies around and gets tamed after a few smacks to the face. That isn't threatening. It's a joke. The main antagonist of the Metroid series, a joke.

There is no GOOD reason Ridley isn't playable, the only reason is Sakurai didn't feel like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom