• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Character Discussion Thread - Read the new sticky/announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Affluent Brit

Smash Rookie
This.

That's why I said 'spiritual processor'. Kinda like how Lucario ended up being a 'spiritual processor' to Mewtwo in Brawl. They share similarities, but nowhere near Semi-clones of eachother.

As for the topic on Snake... Snake is my number 4 most wanted for DLC, but I don't think he's coming back. I'd love to be proven wrong and see him come back, but there's a lot of stuff going on that clouds his chances. Still, it's nonetheless possible.
I have Greninja as a secondary currently, and in the past game, I had Squirtle as my secondary. They are very different, but I do indeed agree with you. Even though I miss Squirtle, Greninja very much so fills the void.

GG guys. Only 4 Mario characters because you can only have 4 Mario characters at once in the canon games. Saying 'muh 6' is so ****ing dumb

lolno. Greninja and Squirtle are nothing alike
Still no. The only similarities that Squirtle and Greninja have are the fact that they are water type starters, and they do water damage. (If water damage even exists in ssb4. If not, then they only have one similarity.) There is no way Greninja is a spiritual successor to Squirtle.
It is all up to interpretation, no need to be rude about it.

http://mynintendonews.com/2015/10/0...s-opening-for-3-characters-and-4-stage-slots/
Hmm... only 3 spots available? Daisy STILL has a high chance of getting in. At least I think so. Here's why.

Answer this if it's true or false: Is Daisy the highest voted possible female?

I think the answer is true. The Daisy Smashboards page is way longer than both Dixie and Impa, and Daisy managed to get a lot more votes than both of them on the Etika straw poll.
PROOF: http://strawpoll.me/5619260/r

While Bayonetta is higher than Daisy on the Etika poll, the Bayonetta creator clearly tweeted multiple times that he does not want her in Smash. He said something around the lines of, "F OFF, Smash idiots" or some crap like that. So to me that automatically deconfirms Bayonetta.

And it would be a bit odd if the three upcoming DLC characters were all male. Surely they'd have to do at least 1 female. So, 2 males, and 1 female. Now, before anyone starts b-tching about what I'm saying and says, "You're sexist for wanting a girl just because she's a girl!!!" I just have to say that that is in no way sexist, because it brings more variety to the DLC and to the game itself and because the particular character has a lot of unique attributes about her, not just her gender.

So anyway, I'm thinking the DLC will be K Rool, someone (maybe Isaac, idk), and Daisy. As I said, she's the highest female on the Etika poll, not counting Bayonetta, Ice Climbers, and Inkling, since Inkling is a Mii costume. Now before people start b-tching again saying "The costume doesn't deconfirm them! They still have a chance!!" Well, here's what I have to say to that: "LOL." Sorry Inkling fans, but unlike the Link, Chrom, Samus, and other character costumes, the Inkling costumes look EXACTLY like the real Inklings and are made in their likeness. Why would they make Inklings separate characters when they already have created costumes that look exactly like them, carry the guns that real Inklings would have, and also are available for use on Mii Gunners, which, to me, has moves that are really perfect for Inkling! They look so awesome on them. The Link, Chrom, and Samus costumes look vastly different from the actual characters because of their bigger heads, shorter, stouter bodies, and overall chibi look which is different from the actual character.

As for Ice Climbers, which can be seen as a viable female DLC rep since Nana is there, I don't think they have a chance since Sakurai once explained exactly why they were not included into Smash 4, the reason being graphical limitations and that there are 2 of them which would cause glitches and lag or something like that.

And now a breakdown of reasons why I think Daisy will make it in:
*Highest voted possible female with my reasons.
*Not a third party (Not saying third parties have no chance, but the fact that she's not makes her an easy choice to be DLC)
*Easily recognized character by many people, especially casuals (Example: I asked my friend if he has the new Smash Bros. and said he should get it since Princess Rosalina is in it. Him: Oh! Is she that brunette princess who wears yellow? Me: No that's Daisy. I'm talking about the blue princes. Him: Oh. Never heard of her haha"
*She is a character from the biggest, main franchise in Smash: MARIO.

Additionally, Daisy in her dress looks WAY too similar to Peach in her Daisy color costume. They may look different facially and from little things like their gloves and hair, but from far away it may be a challenge to make them out. For this reason, I expect Sakurai to put Daisy in either her sports outfit or her Striker armor (two very prominent outfits of hers) to differentiate her from Peach. And don't say "OH Sakurai would have to do her dress only, it's her main outfit!!" Well um first of all Wario appears in his biker outfit as his main costume, with his overalls as an alt. Daisy appears in a majority of her games in her sports outfit wayy more than she does in her princess dress. There are more games with her in the sports clothes than there are with her in the dress. It's her more frequently worn outfit. I found this out on MarioWiki. With that reason I don't see a problem with Sakurai putting Daisy in her sports clothes in Smash.

So yeah, those are my reasons on why Daisy, WILL be DLC.

What do you think of my theories? Believable or untrue? You decide.

EDIT: omggg I soo forgot about Shantae.. Obviously she's being voted wayyy higher than Daisy, but the fact that she's third party character and also from an indie game makes her kind of an iffy choice.... so I don't know. I guess Daisy is the second highest possible female then.
Personally, I do not have an attachment to Daisy, but I would not mind her getting in at some point. I just have my own priorities first.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
But at least they increased her trophy count, if that counts.
Ridley has 3 trophies yet Sakurai said he wouldn't be able to fly freely anymore as if it was a good excuse
If Sakurai does care, the reason Daisy wasn't made playable would likely be because :rosalina::4bowserjr: are more important in his eyes.
I'm also talking about Brawl

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
Ridley has 3 trophies yet Sakurai said he wouldn't be able to fly freely anymore as if it was a good excuse
I'm pretty sure that Sakurai, deep inside, wanted to give Ridley some respect. He even outright stated he tried to make him playable, but his awkward proportions make that hard.

Daisy has no such problems, she has different problems in the form of "Peach clone" and "Spin-offs only".

Why people say that she would be a Peach clone despite their stated differences is beyond me. Sure, they both wear dresses, but that didn't stop Rosalina.

Last edited:

Children0fTheStars

Smash Apprentice
K. Rool and Inkling have a costume, just like deconfirmed characters Chrom and Heihachi. It's over.
Shantae is an obscure indie character with cult popularity at best. She never had a chance.

There's no need to be rude about other characters' chances (and portraying the situation inaccurately at that). We've been debating Snake over and over in this thread. There are no new points to be made. Both the pro and anti sides have laid their arguments down.
"Do you have a favorite video game character that you want to see in Super Smash Bros.? Send it to us and we'll consider turning that character into a fighter."

No one is in a position to proclaim a character as either a shoo-in or as having "no chance" at all. It's bothering me how many people across every Smash community seem to have no concept of how probability works; if it was a video game character, they technically have a "chance" as soon as they start to receive votes, no matter how few in number. As said over and over, the ballot is not a popularity contest.

Nor is anyone able to claim that a fanbase they're unfamiliar with is "niche" and only a "cult following". Clearly, you haven't been paying enough attention, because her Japanese fanbase grew fast once Interglow announced that Shantae and the Pirate's Curse was being localized for them, and getting a physical copy no less. What was that, an accident?

And people need to be reminded: "Indie" is a meaningless label. It only means something was developed and published by an independent party.

Why you'd make a sweeping assumption like "Lol x char will never make it" and then go on to talk about how respectful people should be of character ideas is beyond me.

Last edited:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Answer this if it's true or false: Is Daisy the highest voted possible female?

I think the answer is true. The Daisy Smashboards page is way longer than both Dixie and Impa, and Daisy managed to get a lot more votes than both of them on the Etika straw poll.
PROOF: http://strawpoll.me/5619260/r
I don't think Etika is the best thing to judge things by. Didn't he divide it up into three different polls? In other polls, I could've swore Dixie was always higher and Daisy was always near the bottom of the barrel.

Not to mention this is entertaining the completely arbitrary reasoning of "another female."

Heck, what about the Inklings? The main advertised one is a girl.
The costume doesn't deconfirm them! They still have a chance!!" Well, here's what I have to say to that: "LOL." Sorry Inkling fans, but unlike the Link, Chrom, Samus, and other character costumes, the Inkling costumes look EXACTLY like the real Inklings and are made in their likeness.
Ah, so you are trying to get rid of each character one by one to try to justify the idea that Daisy is the highest voted female.

To the costume I will say, have you seen the female inkling's hair? Because I love splatoon, and I don't think their hair works like that in the game. The inkling's hair in Smash is in a constant curve position. While in Splatoon, it actually works like hair, being affected by gravity.

Before you say, "It's just a costume, they were obviously designed low quality." Then have a look at Viridi's hair, which was amazingly designed.

I think it is more likely the costumes were designed low quality just in case they added Inklings (since they probably didn't want to jump the gun in case Splatoon wasn't popular). So they could have a clear difference between Inklings and Miis.

carry the guns that real Inklings would have, and also are available for use on Mii Gunners, which, to me, has moves that are really perfect for Inkling
Let's ignore Chargers, Rollers, Sloshers, Splatlings, and anything to do with the Squid form. Let's just give them generic fire attacks.
*Easily recognized character by many people, especially casuals (Example: I asked my friend if he has the new Smash Bros. and said he should get it since Princess Rosalina is in it. Him: Oh! Is she that brunette princess who wears yellow? Me: No that's Daisy. I'm talking about the blue princes. Him: Oh. Never heard of her haha"
*She is a character from the biggest, main franchise in Smash: MARIO.
Testimonial. Just because your one friend said it doesn't mean everyone believes it. I myself have seen people only know Mario, Bowser, and MAYBE Peach.

KimKarsmashian

Smash Journeyman
The "if he's so important, why hasn't he been playable yet?" argument applies to practically every non-new character trying to get into Smash 4 now (K. Rool, Isaac, Daisy, Toad, Ridley, etc.). Using it is kind of throwing stones from a glass house, unless you only support characters that only became big post-Brawl.

Last edited:

Amberloo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sashaloo
3DS FC
1203-9998-9799
My guess is Wolf, K.Rool, and Isaac. They just seem like the three most obvious characters at this point, to me.

I could also see Dixie Kong, Shovel Knight, or Shantae happening. K.Rool should have priority due to being a heavyweight and a villain, but Dixie does have the advantage of having a similar model to Diddy. (She's also very cute.) Shovel Knight, despite some people's attitudes, has had a very successful, fun game that's critically acclaimed and is about as Nintendo as any indie game gets. Nintendo cares about indie titles quite a bit now, and with Shovel Knight having a really bright future ahead, I don't think it's impossible. As for Shantae, I think she looks pretty cool- that's about it on that end. :p Apart from that, I'd really love if we got something from Square Enix, whether it was Geno, Black Mage, The Warrior of Light, Tiz Arrior, or even the Slime from Dragon Quest. I grew up playing a lot of RPGs, and it just feels wrong that despite how a lot of their series got a start and have frequently been on Nintendo systems, that there's no rep from them. One would feel like it was at home as much as Mega Man is, imo.

As for any characters I can't see getting in, I guess I'd have to say Snake, Pichu, or Young Link. I won't delve into the Snake argument (and if he got back in I think it'd be pretty neat since he is unique), but I feel like Pichu would've been part of the Dr. Mario, Lucina, and Dark Pit trio, considering it's literally just a tinier Pikachu. I could've seen Young Link revealed around the time of Majora's Mask 3D, but otherwise he just doesn't really bring anything new to the table. You could make this argument for Wolf, but they do have Star Fox Zero coming out and Star Fox really needs to use the boost to get through- and Wolf is much more luigi-fied with his savage style and not just a younger version of an existing character, too.

KimKarsmashian

Smash Journeyman
Children0fTheStars Children0fTheStars You misunderstood completely. I was applying the same weird anti-Snake logic to other popular characters. The idea being it's not acceptable with these characters, why should it be so with Snake? I don't believe K. Rool, Inkling, and Shantae have no chance (and indeed, I support two of them). Perhaps I should edit my post to make it clear that I was mocking this train of thought, not supporting it.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
I could've swore Dixie was always higher and Daisy was always near the bottom of the barrel.
In the Individual Character Poll that judges general want, you have a point.

But in the case of support in the ballot, it's apparent that Daisy's fanbase might be larger than Dixie's, who is kind of overshadowed by K.Rool. Her perceived likeliness is probably due to her being in the Brawl files and the DK reps thing.

They ARE both item trophies though....

Last edited:

ToddCam

Smash Journeyman
I'm pretty sure that Sakurai, deep inside, wanted to give Ridley some respect. He even outright stated he tried to make him playable, but his awkward proportions make that hard.

Daisy has no such problems, she has different problems in the form of "Peach clone" and "Spin-offs only".

Why people say that she would be a Peach clone despite their stated differences is beyond me. Sure, they both wear dresses, but that didn't stop Rosalina.
Spin-offs only is not a real issue. It's a completely arbitrary condition with no basis in anything. I have no idea why so many here think it any way affects whether Sakurai adds a character.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
"Do you have a favorite video game character that you want to see in Super Smash Bros.? Send it to us and we'll consider turning that character into a fighter."

No one is in a position to proclaim a character as either a shoo-in or as having "no chance" at all. It's bothering me how many people across every Smash community seems to have no concept of how probability works; if it was a video game character, they technically have a "chance" as soon as they start to receive votes, no matter how few in number. As said over and over, the ballot is not a popularity contest.

Nor is anyone able to claim that a fanbase they're unfamiliar with is "niche" and only a "cult following". Clearly, you haven't been paying enough attention, because her Japanese fanbase grew fast once Interglow announced that Shantae and the Pirate's Curse was being localized for them, and getting a physical copy no less. What was that, an accident?

And people need to be reminded: "Indie" is a meaningless label. It only means something was developed and published by an independent party.

Why you'd make a sweeping assumption like "Lol x char will never make it" and then go on to talk about how respectful people should be of character ideas is beyond me.
Labels aren't meaningless if you understood their meaning.

Indie = Niche. I can tell the biggest reasons why as well. Because they don't have the money of Triple AAA developers. This means:
1. They can't advertise their product effectively.
2. They don't appear in stores but usually as digital only meaning people can't stumble onto it as easily.
3. Also with money issues comes the language barrier since it cost money to buy translators and foreign voice actors. Shantae and Shovel Knight are just now reaching Japanese audiences.

This means that its incredibly hard for these kinds of things to reach out to people. And if it's hard for it to reach out to people, then only a select group of people will play them.

WHICH, is what makes them niche.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Based on the leaked info, these are the things I want from the remaining DLC.

Characters I want...

Wolf
Isaac
K. Rool or Bandana Dee

Stages I want...

Golden Sun Stage
Fourside (with Day/Night system)
Poke Floats
Rainbow Cruise

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Labels aren't meaningless if you understood their meaning.

Indie = Niche. I can tell the biggest reasons why as well. Because they don't have the money of Triple AAA developers. This means:
1. They can't advertise their product effectively.
2. They don't appear in stores but usually as digital only meaning people can't stumble onto it as easily.
3. Also with money issues comes the language barrier since it cost money to buy translators and foreign voice actors. Shantae and Shovel Knight are just now reaching Japanese audiences.

This means that its incredibly hard for these kinds of things to reach out to people. And if it's hard for it to reach out to people, then only a select group of people will play them.

WHICH, is what makes them niche.
As far as a character is concerned, labels are meaningless. Weather they are made by Blizzard, Nintendo, Ubisoft, or Konami, the character is still the same. Shantae is still the belly-dancing, half-genie hero that always protects the village she calls home, Sonic is still the cocky speedster that hates water, and Mario is still the man who saves Peach again, and again, and again, and again, and again...(24 hours later.)...and again.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815

No one is in a position to proclaim a character as either a shoo-in or as having "no chance" at all. It's bothering me how many people across every Smash community seem to have no concept of how probability works; if it was a video game character, they technically have a "chance" as soon as they start to receive votes, no matter how few in number. As said over and over, the ballot is not a popularity contest.

Thing is, you're grossly overestimating how far the blurb for the ballot can be taken. There are logical boundaries that have to be taken into account as well as specific sentiments that Sakurai has stated in the past. Admittedly, these are mostly fanmade rules, but they have some merit to them. If Shovel Knight gets added, Sakurai's philosophy of third parties goes out the window. For a more extreme comparison, someone like Master Chief is never getting into Smash. Can people vote for him? Sure.

You might want to rethink your stance.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
As far as a character is concerned, labels are meaningless. Weather they are made by Blizzard, Nintendo, Ubisoft, or Konami, the character is still the same. Shantae is still the belly-dancing, half-genie hero that always protects the village she calls home, Sonic is still the cocky speedster that hates water, and Mario is still the man who saves Peach again, and again, and again, and again, and again...(24 hours later.)...and again.
...Um...What was the point you were trying to make here? You just listed a bunch of companies and then listed a bunch of characters and the fact they have personality.

I don't think you understand my point at all. The problem with indie characters is that due to the nature of where people have to learn about them, they don't have as broad appeal. And if they don't, then why bother going through the cost of putting them into the game, if there are much better 3rd part characters that already have the appeal? The only way to avoid this is if they had a huge impact on the gaming industry...which none of the currently popular ones have.

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
I don't think Etika is the best thing to judge things by. Didn't he divide it up into three different polls? In other polls, I could've swore Dixie was always higher and Daisy was always near the bottom of the barrel.

Not to mention this is entertaining the completely arbitrary reasoning of "another female."

Heck, what about the Inklings? The main advertised one is a girl.

Ah, so you are trying to get rid of each character one by one to try to justify the idea that Daisy is the highest voted female.

To the costume I will say, have you seen the female inkling's hair? Because I love splatoon, and I don't think their hair works like that in the game. The inkling's hair in Smash is in a constant curve position. While in Splatoon, it actually works like hair, being affected by gravity.

Before you say, "It's just a costume, they were obviously designed low quality." Then have a look at Viridi's hair, which was amazingly designed.

I think it is more likely the costumes were designed low quality just in case they added Inklings (since they probably didn't want to jump the gun in case Splatoon wasn't popular). So they could have a clear difference between Inklings and Miis.

Let's ignore Chargers, Rollers, Sloshers, Splatlings, and anything to do with the Squid form. Let's just give them generic fire attacks.

Testimonial. Just because your one friend said it doesn't mean everyone believes it. I myself have seen people only know Mario, Bowser, and MAYBE Peach.
-
Umm, so just because Daisy's voted high on an Etika poll specifically means that it is not believable?? Or it can just mean that times have changed and Daisy has more support than Dixie. And yes, he divided it up into 3, but in the A to I one, Daisy, Dixie, and Impa were on the same poll and she got higher than both of those chicks. And besides, Dixie's Smashboards support page is a lot smaller than Daisy's, she and Impa have less support than Daisy on the Etika poll, and she overall gets less support than Daisy who has a crapload of "Vote for me" and "Support Daisy!" fanart and videos while I rarely see any Dixie stuff like that.

And people only just assume that Daisy is at the bottom of the barrel and has a low amount of support simply because of the tremendous amount of HATE she gets, which leads people to think that not many people are voting for her and that she's at the bottom, when in actuality, there are actually quite a lot supporting for her.

-
Well honestly, to me, the Inkling costumes aren't low quality at all, in fact they look very nicely done, quite nice to the point that they look like real Inklings if you get the face right. I am pretty sure the costume is made in the Inkling's likeness.

-
I agree, the Mii Costumes can suffice.

"Testimonial. Just because your one friend said it doesn't mean everyone believes it. I myself have seen people only know Mario, Bowser, and MAYBE Peach"

-I didn't say everyone believes it just because 1 friend said it. I said it was an example. And besides I know a lot of people in real life who know Daisy but not Rosalina.

Last edited:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
-
Umm, so just because Daisy's voted high on an Etika poll specifically means that it is not believable?? Or it can just mean that times have changed and Daisy has more support than Dixie. And yes, he divided it up into 3, but in the A to I one, Daisy, Dixie, and Impa were on the same poll and she got higher than both of those chicks. And besides, Dixie's Smashboards support page is a lot smaller than Daisy's, she and Impa have less support than Daisy on the Etika poll, and she overall gets less support than Daisy who has a crapload of "Vote for me" and "Support Daisy!" fanart and videos while I rarely see any Dixie stuff like that.

-
Well honestly, to me, the Inkling costumes aren't low quality at all, in fact they look very nicely done, quite nice to the point that they look like real Inklings if you get the face right. I am pretty sure the costume is made in the Inkling's likeness.

-

"Testimonial. Just because your one friend said it doesn't mean everyone believes it. I myself have seen people only know Mario, Bowser, and MAYBE Peach"

-I didn't say everyone believes it just because 1 friend said it. I said it was an example. And besides I know a lot of people in real life who know Daisy but not Rosalina.
King K. Rool doing Helicopter Kick is more faithful to the original games than anything Mii Gunner "offers" the Inklings.
No turf, no ink mechanic, no squid form, no rollers, no chargers, no sub-weapons, no special weapons, no personality.

What's more, the Mii Costume for Inkling was made before Splatoon's release and even the Testfire.
Now, the game has exploded and is one of the big new IPs for Nintendo.

Leaving Splatoon's representation at the pre-release five minute-made costume would be silly

And it's not just for advertisement reasons, as Inklings are also very requested characters.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
...Um...What was the point you were trying to make here? You just listed a bunch of companies and then listed a bunch of characters and the fact they have personality.

I don't think you understand my point at all. The problem with indie characters is that due to the nature of where people have to learn about them, they don't have as broad appeal. And if they don't, then why bother going through the cost of putting them into the game, if there are much better 3rd part characters that already have the appeal? The only way to avoid this is if they had a huge impact on the gaming industry...which none of the currently popular ones have.
Whoops. Doesn't really matter what my point was since it doesn't really apply here. What I should have said is that indies shouldn't be counted out because at the moment, any video game character that has appeared on a Nintendo console has some chance however minute it is.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
King K. Rool doing Helicopter Kick is more faithful to the original games than anything Mii Gunner "offers" the Inklings.
No turf, no ink mechanic, no squid form, no rollers, no chargers, no sub-weapons, no special weapons, no personality.

What's more, the Mii Costume for Inkling was made before Splatoon's release and even the Testfire.
Now, the game has exploded and is one of the big new IPs for Nintendo.

Leaving Splatoon's representation at the pre-release five minute-made costume would be silly

And it's not just for advertisement reasons, as Inklings are also very requested characters.
I still think the Inklings should be kept for the next game.

It's not because I don't want them, but the ink mechanics will never be used to their full potential on Smash 4's engine.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
-Umm, so just because Daisy's voted high on an Etika poll specifically means that it is not believable?? Or it can just mean that times have changed and Daisy has more support than Dixie. And yes, he divided it up into 3, but in the A to I one, Daisy, Dixie, and Impa were on the same poll and she got higher than both of those chicks. And besides, Dixie's Smashboards support page is a lot smaller than Daisy's, she and Impa have less support than Daisy on the Etika poll, and she overall gets less support than Daisy who has a crapload of "Vote for me" and "Support Daisy!" fanart and videos while I rarely see any Dixie stuff like that.
No, it's because it's only one poll.

Also, fanart and videos aren't a good measure of popularity. People could just not feel like making them or they feel they suck too much to make them. I'm a Bandana Dee and Inkling fan but I'm not making videos or fanart.

-Well honestly, to me, the Inkling costumes aren't low quality at all, in fact they look very nicely done, quite nice to the point that they look like real Inklings if you get the face right. I am pretty sure the costume is made in the Inkling's likeness.
You...You completely ignored my point about the hair. That was one of the most important points and you just ignore it. I mean, that completely ruins the idea they look nicely done when compared to other mii costumes.
-
You do know you said, "perfect representation" right? I fail to see how nothing from Splatoon is perfect representation.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I still think the Inklings should be kept for the next game.

It's not because I don't want them, but the ink mechanics will never be used to their full potential on Smash 4's engine.
Why do you think that?

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
The thing is, while it is understandable to assume the ink won't work because the 3ds has been limiting so far, but we don't actually know if it is that limiting.

After all, would it not just be a 2d image on a stage? I don't know. It could be more complicated than Nana or it could be the simplest thing ever. Heck, they might not even use it if they can't figure out a fair and interesting way to implement it.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Well the Inklings whole gimmick is being able to cover everything in ink...
I wouldn't call it a 'gimmick' as much as a 'characteristic'.

So do you just think SSB4 can't handle a bunch of ink...? :/

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I think it's a fair concern. It might, in theory, be difficult for the 3DS to process and therefore have to be toned down.

But even then, we don't know if that's the case or it's just creating a problem where a problem does not exist. Even if it is the case and Inkling got in and had to be toned down because of the 3DS's technical limitations, they could very easily be scaled up in the next game, in a sort of reverse Olimar scenario.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
As if that truly means something. It's just a WayForward employee with Sakurai, good for him.

You'd have to stretch really far to say that OMG SHANTAE IZ IN SMESH because a WF employee got close to him.
Obviously there's more to it than that. :p

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom