• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Character Discussion Thread - Read the new sticky/announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
I would pay £5 for a DLC that would move all the DLC + Clone characters in line with thier respective franchises.

I'm serious.

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
Looks pretty fake imo. Some of the images are cheap, stage image sizes are off, and somebody brought up incorrect font on the trophy page. Not to mention that wacky pose he's in. I guess I don't know the basis used when posing a character, but it just doesn't strike me as legit.

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
If this is a leak then isn't it supposed to be reviewed by moderators or something before it can freely be posted?

I dunno about this leak, but if it's true then I'll take the side that it's merely a trophy put into the game and not representative of Shovel Knight being playable as much as I would like that.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Do people really think these cheap, image-only leaks will work with mediocre art in a Post-Omny world?

Edit: Can someone verify if characters with only one game (IE: Shulk) have their sole game on BOTH lines in the trophy thing at the bottom?

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Seriously, I'm normally not comfortable going to 4chan, but the users there brought up one REALLY good point. "Either show us some REAL gameplay, or get out!" I couldn't agree more.

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
As much as I admit that I don't believe Shovel Knight deserves a spot in Smash Bros. by the farthest stretch of the imagination, being a 3rd-party franchise only a little over a year old and packing a whopping one game that hasn't become Japanese localized yet, I have to say that Shovel Knight would still be something of a guilty pleasure. That said, if it turns out he does get in, neat. I'll be happy if he does, but won't even attempt to support the idea in the meantime, let alone see it as remotely any bit likely.

EmceeEspio

Not the Break Man
NNID
captainlucario
Do people really think these cheap, image-only leaks will work with mediocre art in a Post-Omny world?

Edit: Can someone verify if characters with only one game (IE: Shulk) have their sole game on BOTH lines in the trophy thing at the bottom?
It's likely listing both the Wii U and 3DS versions. We HAVE seen that before.

Probably fake though, which is sad because I would throw money at a screen to just see a Masked Man or Pokemon Trainer outfit.

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir

The trophy screen is referring to the Wii U and 3DS releases of the game.

by the way if anyone still cares people got the leak busting gear out and ran through it. yadda yadda yadda it's almost certainly fake. errors everywhere.

and then this happened
so yeah. I assumed it was fake, went and played some xenoblade, and let people sort it out for me. Then I came back to see it dead. I only posted it to stimulate conversation. :p

Last edited:

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
by the way if anyone still cares people got the leak busting gear out and ran through it. yadda yadda yadda it's almost certainly fake. errors everywhere.

and then this happened
so yeah. I assumed it was fake, went and played some xenoblade, and let people sort it out for me. Then I came back to see it dead. I only posted it to stimulate conversation. :p
Too bad it only lasted this long haha. Would've made interesting conversation if it was believable.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Its hilarious how quickly this one blew by. The leaker even created tons of snapshots of music and Mii Fighter costume unlocks and posted them all to 4chan. Naturally, those are also easily faked just by using existing screenshots and redoing the text.

I'm so glad this one was quickly debunked, though. People legitimately started to believe the Boss Battles and Dr. Mario rumors after a couple of days (there were questions people had with them, but they weren't truly debunked until the updates came out).

However, we're definitely going to get more of these until Nintendo does announce what's in this next update.

Crimson23

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0662-3915-4434
These leaks look really fake to me. Shovel Knight looks pretty off from Smash 4's style. The music ones could be easily faked.
Edit:And someone in the Bandana Dee thread pointed out the differences in the letter 'y' from other trophies to that of the leak.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
If this is a leak then isn't it supposed to be reviewed by moderators or something before it can freely be posted?

I dunno about this leak, but if it's true then I'll take the side that it's merely a trophy put into the game and not representative of Shovel Knight being playable as much as I would like that.
Not really. That was way back

And this leak got debunked quickly.

:231:

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
So....

Since the ballot is nearly over, which character has the most vocal fanbase but isn't generally accepted as a good choice?

So....

Since the ballot is nearly over, which character has the most vocal fanbase but isn't generally accepted as a good choice?
We both know you expect a specific answer. It just so happens to be i agree with it. Daisy.

The indie fambass is pretty damn loud as well

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
So....

Anyone largely supported by Youtubers. Shadow and Geno spring to mind.

I think this would depend a lot on where you ask the question, characters that are vastly more popular outside Smashboards are more likely to be mentioned here.

Undertale is Amazing
Toriel for Smash

This may be just an excuse to talk about Undertale honestly
I'm playing through Undertale right now. It's really exceeded my expectations. (and that doesn't usually happen)

The music is brilliant too.

Is Undertale eventually coming to the Wii U? It would be too late for Smash 4 regardless. An Undertale rep would probably be the first indie rep I'd be able to wholeheartedly get behind though if it was released for the Wii U.

Last edited:

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
@Logo12
found out the top 102 the the individual character poll:

Check if you character ranked well.
Wolf rightfully hails at number one, so I'm very satisfied with this. I do wish that the likes of Krystal and Sceptile were a bit higher, though.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
@Logo12
found out the top 102 the the individual character poll:

Check if you character ranked well.
I'm kind of shocked at how well Shovel Knight did especially after the backlash to the leak, so I guess that's good for him I guess? If Bandana Dee being top 20 could be considered good then I'm happy, and I consider it good so you can probably guess what that makes me right now.

Blue_Sword_Edge

Smash Lord
NNID
Blue_Sword_Edge
3DS FC
1633-5415-5386
Square Enix is severely disliked on these polls. Bartz didn't make it to top 100. I am happy that Solid Snake and King K Rool are top 10.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Inklings and Bandana Dee being up there is certainly nice.

The highish votes for some of the assist trophies hopefully means they will considered next game. (Basically saying put Ashley in Smash 5!)

Viridi not making the list at all is sad, but Lip in the top 100 is pretty cool.

Bebe Mignon

Smash Ace
Elma is number 114, which is pretty good considering Xenoblade Chronicles X hasn't been released outside of Japan yet. Elma will get into the top 20 someday, mark my words! :awesome:

Let a man dream, okay!?

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
Viridi is 108 and yet Reckless wiimote safety guy is 88
*sigh* You have all failed me.

I blame "muh reps"
Elma is number 114, which is pretty good considering Xenoblade Chronicles X hasn't been released outside of Japan yet. Elma will get into the top 20 someday, mark my words! :awesome:

Let a man dream, okay!?

At least Viridi and Elma are higher than Daisy.

What caused such a stigma around Daisy anyways?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom