• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DLC and Kirby!

Kryptonite

Smash Rookie
I just noticed, for every character that is added, there will have to be a modification to Kirby unless his B move will not work. Can someone look for hidden files under Kirby? It might hint to something. I'm just came from the GameFAQs forums to post this here, the boards are a little to fast to my liking.

DarkShadowRage

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkShadowRage
3DS FC
0534-0479-5837
Switch FC
SW-6587-7751-8591
I have all the Brawl sound effects...there is nothing there that shows any of the forbidden 7 for kirby

Igneous42

Smash Ace
There doesn't have to be data in the game for DLC to exist, that's why it's DLC. You can add new things never originally intended to be in the game.

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
Good point. I think this debunks DLC more than any of that trophy nonsense so far. I mean, they could still just add the coding in for Kirby with every character, but for some reason I find it unlikely.

japtar10101

Smash Apprentice
I don't see why programming and designing kirby hats would be that hard, but I would have to agree, this may count as evidence for no DLC at all...

Nuvia

Smash Ace
Nice job welcoming the new members. Please don't judge me because I came from GameFAQs, I barely visit there anyways.
I didn't judge you at all. I said this place is a train wreck at this point in time.

Kryptonite

Smash Rookie
Also more content needed for a new character.

Voices for new characters
Place on select screen
Snake com discussions
Kirby hats and powers
A new kirby hat trophy (if it is like melee, then we will need another one for DLC)
Announcer and crowd sound bytes for the DL Characters.
The characters own trophies (which we have a few of already)

If anyone can find data for characters that arn't in the game, theres good chances that DLC will be enabled.

Nuvia

Smash Ace

Place on select screen
Snake com discussions
Kirby hats and powers
A new kirby hat trophy (if it is like melee, then we will need another one for DLC)

If anyone can find data for characters that arn't in the game, theres good chances that DLC will be enabled.
Why don't we just wait until the game comes out, hm?

pirkid

Smash Lord
What about SSE inclusion? I'm assuming every character so far is in the SSE, so what happens to the Forbidden 7 if some of them happen to make it in?

tirkaro

Smash Champion
What about SSE inclusion? I'm assuming every character so far is in the SSE, so what happens to the Forbidden 7 if some of them happen to make it in?
Not exactly.

Jiggly, wolf, and toon link's only part in the SSE was just as a small hidden fight you could do in order to unlock them. They really didn't have any real canon part in the SSE. Not to mention you can play any part of the SSE with any character once you beat it, so I suppose that's what they would be used for.

SinisterLizard

Smash Ace
Not exactly.

Jiggly, wolf, and toon link's only part in the SSE was just as a small hidden fight you could do in order to unlock them. They really didn't have any real canon part in the SSE. Not to mention you can play any part of the SSE with any character once you beat it, so I suppose that's what they would be used for.
Wait, really? So what about fights against PC characters? What about when you have to fight Bowser that one time? If you were playing Bowser, you'd still fight Bowser? :confused:

lookatthatbaconsizzle

Smash Journeyman
they can just be unlocked through vs mode play or something. I mean come on, T Link, Wolf, and Puff are hardly even in there. So I doubt it would matter.

::Edit::
beat 2 the punch!

balladofwindfishes

Smash Journeyman
it's just added to the package
as you can see, kirby hats are scripts anyway, it's not like they are encrypted within Kirby. If anything it proves further DLC because it's so easy to add another Kirby hat >_>

Blubba_Pinecone

Smash Ace
Wait, really? So what about fights against PC characters? What about when you have to fight Bowser that one time? If you were playing Bowser, you'd still fight Bowser? :confused:
I would assume so. If only it were a re-run you were doing on that level. But as for the first time you play it, it will have the character(s) [I don't know, I'm staying away from SSE anything.] that you're forced to use.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104

Place on select screen
Snake com discussions
Kirby hats and powers

1. That's a given.
2. Again, a given.
3. That may or may not happen. I doubt it'll happen.
4. Given.
5. If it happens, that that trophy will be a part of the DLC.
6. I'm not sure on the announcer, but they could just have him phone in.
7. Again, part of the DLC.

As said earlier, the data doesn't have to be in the game's read-only data. Why else would they release patches and stuff? That stuff isn't part of the Read-only disc.

Fats McRobot

Smash Cadet
As said earlier, the data doesn't have to be in the game's read-only data. Why else would they release patches and stuff? That stuff isn't part of the Read-only disc.
Not to be rude, but when has Nintendo patched a game on the Wii?

The only patch I recall is on Pokemon RS, and all the forced Wii downloads have been Firmware.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Not to be rude, but when has Nintendo patched a game on the Wii?

The only patch I recall is on Pokemon RS, and all the forced Wii downloads have been Firmware.
That's not the point. The point is is that a patch is only a form of DLC and as we all know, patches are to fix something in the game's read-only data or even add.

JJBro1

Smash Journeyman
well all of that stuff, the voice, crowd, kirby hat, moveset, fs will all have to come packaged in some kind of folder in the DLC

ClickOnTheLink

Smash Cadet
How does the fact that there are no Kirby hats for the Forbidden 7 automatically mean there's not going to be any DLC? It's like saying there's no code for any new maps in COD 4 so there isn't going to ever be any. That's why it's downloadable content. If it were already there, they would just have you pay for some password or something to unlock it.

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
This game isn't even out yet and people are going nuts over DLC that WILL NOT happen. *sigh*

At least this isn't as stupid as the cloud theory.

VivaLaPika

Smash Cadet
Are DLC probable? Mmm, thats open to interpretation. Is it impossible? Not really.
I think Sakurai is too random to predict with 100% accuracy what is and isn't possible*, unless you work at gamestop and your uncle is Sakurai's mailman's best friend.

Also, something no one seems to touch on is AI. Any DLC would have to have their own AI, right?

*Except that Cloud theory.

Sychu

Smash Apprentice

Place on select screen
Snake com discussions
Kirby hats and powers

I don't see all that stuff being added a problem, i mean this is sakurai and his crews job: to develope games; why would they not do it even if it is alot of work wich it isn't compared to the rest of the game...At my job I had to work 2 double shifts in a row, but i didn't quit or argue with my boss cuz its my responsibility to work. On another note, why does the DLC need "Snake com discussions"?

billywill

Smash Journeyman
Did anybody ever hear of Xbox Live? There is a secret function on Xbox Live (as they call it) that you can download new things into games. Supposedly there is a rumor that halo 3 will have new map packs. JUST A RUMOR if this Xbox Live thing works out with its downloadable content then it could probably work for Nintendo:)

Kryptonite

Smash Rookie
I don't see all that stuff being added a problem, i mean this is sakurai and his crews job: to develope games; why would they not do it even if it is alot of work wich it isn't compared to the rest of the game...At my job I had to work 2 double shifts in a row, but i didn't quit or argue with my boss cuz its my responsibility to work. On another note, why does the DLC need "Snake com discussions"?
It's not really needed, but it does give good chances if data for a forbidden character is under that feature.

Top Bottom