• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DK's Perfect Final Smash

eggs-on-toast

Smash Apprentice
OMG that is class (bad vid quality but you can see it) is it hard to time it?
This is the best bit of news i have heards about DK i'm sooooo hapy to see how good his final smash is and see it ACTULLY kill people thank you.

DNasty

Smash Rookie
Oh wow I just found that youtube and posted it in the general discussion board. I'm glad someone mastered it because I was worried about DK in brawl.

Igneous42

Smash Ace
I've been thinkin this since EforAll. Everyone nailed on his final smash but the dojo says time the music to increase the effect. I've thought since eforall that now one was using it right, and looks like I was right, it looks devastating when done right.

marthownsxd

Smash Apprentice
I am surprised. Even in the final smash compilation video I saw, DK's final smash was mediocre at best. But this video really changed my opinion. Thanks!

Mezna

Smash Cadet
Wow, I don't use DK, but thank you so much! I always knew that DK's FS would be so great if people actually PUT SOME EFFORT INTO IT. People are complaining like "Waaaaaah! Why caqn't it be a press the button once and it kills like Marth!? Totally bottom FS"... People should learn some skillz...

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
I ALWAYS KNEW IT!

I knew they wouldn't make his FS as poor as people suggested. Thanks alot for posting this.

ODIN787

Smash Journeyman
MAN THAT WAS AWESOME!!!! I was always wondering why in other videos his final smash did not look impressive and had my doubts that that was all it could do and you just showed me its not weak at all ,thank you very much for that find now i can rest easy that Dk's final smash is not crappy at all but one of the best of the final smashes in the game ,I salute you!!

Archenyte

Smash Journeyman
I knew someone would make one of these someday. Thank you! I was kind of worried about Donkey Kong before but now I feel much much better.

DeadtoSin

Smash Apprentice
I really have to wonder why people didn't try this? I mean it just seems intuitive that you'd have to do something on this final smash. This video will go a long way in dispelling the Final Smash "downside" of DK.

Sharky

Smash Master
Dunno why everyone says it's crap. It kicks *** when you know what you're doing. I've got a fairly large amount of Donkey Konga experience, so this was some easy fun =D

=Samus-Aran=

Smash Journeyman
I knew it wasn't bad, I'm serious. I like his FS...it can do a lot of damage if you put EFFORT into it. Thanks for proving a lot of people his FS really is good. :)

=S-A=

AKC12

Smash Journeyman
It's funny, with all of these one hit KO FS, invincible FS, I still thought there might be a slim chance that FS would be used in tourney's. Now DKs FS, at first I thought was a good FS while pretty much everyone else thought it sucked, convinced me that FS has NO chance in a serious tournament...

crosser43

Smash Journeyman
even tho that wuz awesome, its still not a very good FS, it was a small stage with walls, and 3 light characters who didnt react, that was his FS at his absolte best potential, u cant touch anyone in a bigger stage like that

Serpit

Smash Journeyman
Vienna, Austria, Europe, Earth, Milky Way
It depends on your position and the size of the stage of course.

On FD, if you stand in the center, the soundwaves will cover about 120% of the stage, and you'll hurt everyone, but no one will die. If you do it on either side however, you can force someone over the edge and they will die. It's not the best FS ever, but it's really good.

DNasty

Smash Rookie
I think Donkey Kong was always intended to be someone who excelled in 4 player battles, not one on one. This move seems perfect for taking out muliple people at once, and not so much one person at a time.

Plus, how many other final smashes have their own theme song? Answer, NONE.

fazares

Smash Apprentice
its just like a typical rithm game...u have to press A when a circular wave shrinks, at the right time....so the next wave will always be quite big....

Junaur

Smash Apprentice
Serpit, I didn't know you visited smashboards. We definitely have to do a Lucas ditto, once I can find brawl in a month or so.

Between all the obviously high tier characters, and all the new characters, it seems like DK is the most ignored. Even moreso than Yoshi. I was beginning to think I would never see a proper DK final smash before US launch. Thanks for the video!

Serpit

Smash Journeyman
Vienna, Austria, Europe, Earth, Milky Way
Serpit, I didn't know you visited smashboards. We definitely have to do a Lucas ditto, once I can find brawl in a month or so.

Between all the obviously high tier characters, and all the new characters, it seems like DK is the most ignored. Even moreso than Yoshi. I was beginning to think I would never see a proper DK final smash before US launch. Thanks for the video!
Hey =)

I'll gladly accept the Lucas ditto, but we'll have to wait until the PAL Release sadly xD

Half-Split Soul

Smash Lord
Great news! I had almost lost hope and was silently crying in a corner "why does DK have so terrible FS?" but now I sure know better :).

By the way, does DK float if his FS is launched in the air? (I´m sorry about posting it here if it has already been answered somewhere)

timidshadow

Smash Apprentice
Powerful indeed. Although it's not the most appealing Final Smash in my opinion that doesn't make it horrible.

Top Bottom