• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DK's new "look"

xianfeng

Smash Hero
I don't because American isn't a race =] My comment isn't deragotary either, I was stating that I think American English is a lot uglier than real English, you seem to hate the letter "U" removing it from almost every word where it belongs (Mum, favourite, colour etc.).

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
British English is the original and the best. American English is like English wiped down with a dirty sponge.
However, British English is different today than it was...

and you could say it's just a wiped down version of another language, such as Latin (Actually, I think it evolved from some Germanic and such...y'all get the point though)...

It's how language evolved and American English is the evolution of the old English language, mixed with various other cultures and the development of American society in different circumstances that lead to what it is today...

The rAt

Smash Ace
In a constant state of self-examination. In MN.
It should.

Anyway it seems that I'm the only one that doesn't like white DK =[
By your logic, isn't that shold? :p Seriously though, technically Old English (with the "Shalt"s and the "Thou"s) is the true English, isn't it? Wouldn't that make modern British English and American English both offshoots? Either way, I'd say both British English and American English have their strong points, and making blanket statements about whichever one you don't prefer strikes me as just plain ignorant. Especially when "Mum" comes from the root word 'Mother" which is spelled with an "O", and when the "U"s in "Favourite" and "Colour" are serve no purpose but to make the word longer. The point? They're different ways of speaking the language for different people. Let's just deal with it and move on, all right? :p

Getting back to DK-related topics, I agree with you on the White DK thing. Like I said earlier, he just reminds me of the albino gorillas from Congo, and then all I can think about was how cheesy that movie is.

abit_rusty

Smash Lord
NNID
Rontuaru
3DS FC
2895-8974-0662
Silverback, Yeti, Albino, doesn't matter what you call that one, it's definitely the color I'll play him as.

Icetrash

Smash Journeyman
Whaat? How can you say DK Melee looks better than DK Brawl? Well I guess you just did, but I find that very unbelievable. I also dont like white DK either, I like the traditional brown.

Luigi player

Smash Master
Huh? Melee DK better than Brawl DK? I always liked the look of the Melee DK, but the original is so much better... I really love how he looks like in Brawl. Now he looks more than Donkey Kong.
I don't know, but the Melee DK had something that made him look so different....

Albino DK looks nice, though I probably won't play him much, I like the original colo(u)r the most.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
I like the new Brawl look overall. It seems to do the DK Fur thing that Jungle Beat did, but with the DK Country style, thus, equaling goodness.

I sense racial slurs in this post. =]
American is a NATONALITY, but it's discriminatory nonetheless (yeah, xainfeng is just one of those xenophobic types)

Gkryptonite

Smash Journeyman
Whaat? How can you say DK Melee looks better than DK Brawl? Well I guess you just did, but I find that very unbelievable. I also dont like white DK either, I like the traditional brown.
Well the fur in Brawl kind of makes him look all friendly and playful

Lazy_muffin

Smash Cadet
yeti kong looks efen awsome, i plan on trying him out, maybe not as a main, but it will be fun giant punching opponents

and specially in white too

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
*jumps right into the grey/black debate, as silly as it is, since it was brought back up*

If you want to be THAT technical about it, there is no such thing as black other than the black in a black hole (or something equally as lacking in light). Likewise, there is no white other than what we see as pure light (I'm talking about staring directly into the sun, here). Everything else we label as "white" or "black" is usually just a very light or very dark value of grey.

So, since a TV emits light, it is impossible for any color appearing on it to be a true black. Thus, DK MUST be grey.

Actually, color doesn't even exist. Nor do the words I'm typing. In fact, we're all just figments of a small child's imagination. And that child lives in a snow globe that God is dreaming is on his nightstand. And by "God", I am of course referring to the word's Old English variation, in which it is a synonym for "fruit basket".

. . . Or is it Goud?

**** it. Yeti DK looks nifty.

And Congo's a really good, bad movie. That's the "Stop eating my sesame cake!" movie, yeah? That's quality.

SUB Z€R0

Smash Apprentice
yeti won't be my fav but it still is teh pwnage

i like black and most likely will be blue and also yeti for others

courte

Smash Lord
hilarious

Looks good, he'll be one of my most played characters like in SSB64 and Melee ^^ his new taunt is awesome :D
not poking fun or no offense intended but named luigi player and loves dk is kinda funny

this is actually my first negative post on smash boards--unless its pichu related... i hate pichu
while i dont base whether or not i play a character based on how they look with the expection ^
i personally am not that impressed with the new dk i was hoping for the jungle beat look with was VERY VERY HAIRY and fuzzy it really stood out neverthe less im always glad to see the big lug

Tell me he's not the fuzzier brand!!

Luigi player

Smash Master
not poking fun or no offense intended but named luigi player and loves dk is kinda funny

this is actually my first negative post on smash boards--unless its pichu related... i hate pichu
while i dont base whether or not i play a character based on how they look with the expection ^
i personally am not that impressed with the new dk i was hoping for the jungle beat look with was VERY VERY HAIRY and fuzzy it really stood out neverthe less im always glad to see the big lug
Well it's not like I can't love any other characters than my username ^^'
I love Diddy too, and Sonic is my favourite video game character, but my nick is still Luigi player, strange isn't it?
It's just because Luigi is my favourite character in Melee, and it was really very difficult for me to come up with a name... anyway, Luigi is my most played character overall, but since some months I rarely play him and mostly play DK :)

Dragon Master Luigi

Smash Apprentice
Donkey Kong didn't have a grey in 64, it was just black... I also main Donkey Kong... so what!! I'm waiting for Luigi to be in Brawl though!!

Cranberry Rogue

Smash Journeyman
Albino DK was weird for me to comprehend at first, since it was such a departure from DK's normal look, but it's been growing on me, definitely.

As far as DK's "new look," I was definitely impressed when i first saw it. It just screams badass. :p

courte

Smash Lord

Tell me he's not the fuzzier brand!!
sorry i now got the pic to work

behold his fuzzy doominess!!

WarioII

Smash Apprentice
i like the new look and the yeti dk will be a favorite of mine im glad they took his movements back to the dkc days

Top Bottom