• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DK's new "look"

Gkryptonite

Smash Journeyman
How you guys feel about DK's new look? I mean with all that hairyness, and that video
I for one think it's awsome, DK will definetly be with me again on this game, not dissapointed at all

Luigi player

Smash Master
Looks good, he'll be one of my most played characters like in SSB64 and Melee ^^ his new taunt is awesome :D

Tonyman

Smash Journeyman
Well, I, honestly, dont play DK at all, so idk about his changes of gameplay or anything, but since there isnt a thread for this, i'll say it here, I love the white costume he's got, it really cool and i just love it, i saw it on a vid against a sonic i think.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Personally I think his fur is more realistic in the Brawl pic than the official artwork made by rare...where they made him fuzzy like the new Banjo

Chains

Smash Apprentice
I kinda ignored DK in the other games but he looks really, really cool in this one.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Does DK have a Black costume, with Black hair?

Pyr0

Smash Ace
Yeah I like the new Look, cant wait to see how he looks in Green (HULKey Kong) and I also liked Albino DK.

He's "I'm the big thing here" attitude in the Subspace Emissary video just scream Pwn.

DK in brawl = looking good by my standards.

Mckillyou

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I like the new Look, cant wait to see how he looks in Green (HULKey Kong) and I also liked Albino DK.

He's "I'm the big thing here" attitude in the Subspace Emissary video just scream Pwn.

DK in brawl = looking good by my standards.
Definitely. He just looks completely awesome in that Subspace vid.

jayhowell07

Smash Rookie
when they brought in Diddy's design from the old school SNES DK games they almost had to change Donkey Kong to look like that too, if any of you played DK1 you'll notice that Donkey and Diddy look and move EXACTLY like they did in the old games now...which i think is awesome. The only thing they could do better when Donkey is give him his gun from DK64 (which they should have in Melee i think), but that'd not gonna happen unfortunately. who cares...2 thumbs up for Donkey Kong this time around.

OF 'til I OD

More vibes, please.
3DS FC
3797-8618-3772
Switch FC
SW-4939-9118-0296

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gray

In particular:

Black:

Grey/Gray:

No use arguing that the DK is black. He's clearly not and is much closer to grey than to anything else, though he is a mixture of Black and Grey. I would be fine with you saying he's black, if you wouldn't have called me out on me saying he's grey. It's how you view things, but your idiotic post of "What are you talking about" was unacceptable.

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
No use arguing that the DK is black. He's clearly not and is much closer to grey than to anything else, though he is a mixture of Black and Grey. I would be fine with you saying he's black, if you wouldn't have called me out on me saying he's grey. It's how you view things, but your idiotic post of "What are you talking about" was unacceptable.
obviuously he has bits of black anf grey, if he was composed of pure black, it would look awful. But its pretty obvious that it was the designers intention for him to appear black, and not grey. If they wanted him to appear as grey, they would have used far more grey colored pixels than black, and not vice versa.

Ive been playin smash since the day the one on the 64 came out and I have NEVER heard anyone call that color DK grey until now. So it was far from idiotic for me to call you out because that DK is clearly black, no matter how many wiki articles you link me to

OF 'til I OD

More vibes, please.
3DS FC
3797-8618-3772
Switch FC
SW-4939-9118-0296
obviuously he has bits of black anf grey
No ****. I just said that.

But its pretty obvious that it was the designers intention for him to appear black, and not grey.
Oh, were you inside the design room with them? You have no idea what their intentions were.

If they wanted him to appear as grey, they would have used far more grey colored pixels than black, and not vice versa.
You have no idea how many types of each color they used. But he looks visibly more grey than black.

Ive been playin smash since the day the one on the 64 came out and I have NEVER heard anyone call that color DK grey until now. So it was far from idiotic for me to call you out because that DK is clearly black, no matter how many wiki articles you link me to
I've been playing SSB64 since Day one as well, which is why I was annoyed you called me out on anything. I've never heard anyone call him black until now. I fail to see how any could. All the evidence and common sense point to him being grey.

Duality

Smash Journeyman
Lol wtf? Change your computers contrast, that DK is gray with black "detail". The only black specks are barely considered black.

The black blobs I put in do not match any of his pixels.

Anyways, DK looks cool in this one, but too bad they gave him a ****ty FS.

OF 'til I OD

More vibes, please.
3DS FC
3797-8618-3772
Switch FC
SW-4939-9118-0296
Lol wtf? Change your computers contrast, that DK is gray with black "detail". The only black specks are barely considered black.

The black blobs I put in do not match any of his pixels.

Anyways, DK looks cool in this one, but too bad they gave him a ****ty FS.
^

White DK > all anyway

Gkryptonite

Smash Journeyman
How many confirmed DK colors are out? Fur colors are okay, but it all depends on the tie, if DK gets a pimp tie like the purple one in melee then I'm all good

Oh and I called it the Grey DK

The rAt

Smash Ace
In a constant state of self-examination. In MN.

You're lying if you say that's black.
What the **** are you guys talking about? That's clearly Yellow.

Seriously though, every time I see the video with Albino DK, I think Congo. He looks sweet, but I'm not sure if I can take him seriously after that.

You know what would be an interesting alternate color scheme? Black fur and grey-black skin, like a real gorilla. Not sure if it would look cool in the slightest, but it would certainly be interesting.

SirPenguin

Smash Journeyman
This thread sure has taken a turn for the hilarious, but anyways, I really love his "yeti" costume. It's pretty fantastic, and hilariously fitting.

Top Bottom