• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DK's insane Down B

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Wasn't Meta Knight crouching? Otherwise, yeah DK's Down B is deffinatly rapeage in this game. I truely will take anything back what I said about DK being nerfed if the Hand Slap turns out to be just as good as it was on this video.

Still, even though DK's down B will become the new Downmove of Doom (like Peach's Downsmash in Melee but worse) I doubt it'll be as good as Peach's cause of it's lag and from what I've seen, it'll probably be an easy move to DI out.

Anyways, yeah DK really needs an insane move as this in his asernal with all the annoying nerfs he got.

Empy

Smash Ace
Zoetermeer, The Netherlands (it ain't much, if it
I think Metaknight was actually holding his controls stick towards DK. He goes past them with his side b and probably tries to go back. If you do the same with jabs they keep you trapped as well. Still, this does mean that DK's down b won't kick an enemy straight out of his own move anymore. So it does have some potential.

It looks possible to do a down b to neutral b combo with the right timing. That would be useful.

Exalador

Smash Lord
it does seem like its a lot better than in melee... but as said before, i also think its a matter of bad DI that gets you stuck.

now something off topic: empy: youre dutch? and from zoetermeer? wow... never saw you before.. do you also play melee? send me a PM

(sorry for the offtopic part)

Boofer

Smash Ace
Cot ****! Were you looking at metaknight's percentage? Haha I think this buff was needed.

legendofme

Smash Journeyman
I was hoping someone else noticed this. I showed my homeboy this a month ago. And he was all like "wow, u pointed that out..omg..DK is gonna **** with that move." Yeah but I think Meta might have cc'd that move.

Phlemingo

Smash Ace
The only reason Yoshi didn't get stuck in DK's ground pound was because he was very close to DK and Meta Knight was hit when he was at the edge of his attack

courte

Smash Lord
Wasn't Meta Knight crouching? Otherwise, yeah DK's Down B is deffinatly rapeage in this game. I truely will take anything back what I said about DK being nerfed if the Hand Slap turns out to be just as good as it was on this video.

Still, even though DK's down B will become the new Downmove of Doom (like Peach's Downsmash in Melee but worse) I doubt it'll be as good as Peach's cause of it's lag and from what I've seen, it'll probably be an easy move to DI out.

Anyways, yeah DK really needs an insane move as this in his asernal with all the annoying nerfs he got.
you're saying that keeping in mind peach's down smash was nerfed yes??

Cranberry Rogue

Smash Journeyman
Haha. Holy crap, that was intense. 82 to 194? Regardless of whether Metaknight caused it himself or not, that attack did an insane amount of damage in a very little amount of time.

Awesome.

courte

Smash Lord
Why would anyone be happy about this? Broken moves are bad for the game.
the game thats not finished yet?? and besides everyones gonna have a broken move--the move isn't necessarily proclaimed broken, as we don't know what actually went down at the time. Sure we can look an try and see who did what, but that isn't enough to come to a conclusion about a game, none of us have really played

ripman3

Smash Journeyman
all i know is that DK needs some insanely powerful moves like this because he's the ORIGINAL nintendo bad@$$ and deserves to be treated like it.

The Director

Smash Lord
Dk...looks buffed up in Brawl. I kid you not.
I agree. I don't know why everybody's saying DK got nerfed...I've played DK for the past 6 years, pretty much exclusively (accept for Dr. Mario at one point) and I have to say, he looks like he fits in much better in Brawl.

To the untrained eye, he might look slow or laggy. To the DK player, he looks much better.

Well, I don't know how much better, but it's def. an improvement.

courte

Smash Lord
her director

jack skellington, jack sparrow, and brock samson ftw
the "cute"like kirby, the average, and the BEEF!!

really though, i want to know those conditions so that we know it's not just a fluke or bug

Luigi player

Smash Master
Looks great. I just hope the Up-B and the Punch aren't nerfed as some people are saying.
Well... but they are. I hope it will be changed a little so it get's better again.

DKs giant punch was **** in the original SSB and caused 36 % damage. In Melee it was only about 30 % and a lot weaker. It seems like in Brawl the damage caused is still the same (I'm not sure, I don't know), but the range of the giant punch looks really short, and it has even less knockback this time.

Don't know about his upB.

WarioII

Smash Apprentice
lol maan! that down b was nice metaknights damage went up pretty fast:laugh:

The Director

Smash Lord
Looks great. I just hope the Up-B and the Punch aren't nerfed as some people are saying.
Punch is one of those moves that even if nerfed, it's still going to be a powerhouse. Whatever percent it does, it doesn't really matter. When it comes down to it, punch will still be the kill getter as long as you can get your adversary's percent high enough. And with DK that shouldn't be much of a problem, right?

Kips

Smash Ace
Jeezum that was insane! I bet that if they're close to DK or 'underneath' his hand then they get held in place for a bit but if they just get hit by the shockwave or the edge of it then they're thrown up. MAN did Metaknight get owned there!

Lemon Drop

Smash Lord
THey better keep DK this way then, because DK has been to crappy for far to long in the Smash Bros. games.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
THey better keep DK this way then, because DK has been to crappy for far to long in the Smash Bros. games.
Wrong

He was below average in SSB64 (also consider that SSB64 is much more balanced then Melee).

He's pretty good in Melee, even at the competitive level. The currently known DK players place very well tournaments. It's a shame there's a few of them, after all, DK is the least popular character. Because of this, many people don't know about his potential. That's good for DK players (since the opponent won't know what to expect) but bad for the character itself (because it makes him look bad and people won't feel like using him). If a tier list was to be made now, DK would at least be at the bottom of high tier (considering the fact the tier list takes into account tournament results).

And last, this move won't make a character from crappy to non-crappy. Regardless, DK is was not crappy, at least in Melee, and he doesn't seem to be in Brawl even without this move.

Top Bottom