• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DK vs Fox/Falco

Ryuker Reo

Smash Apprentice
Hi. My friend mains DK, but he's having trouble against Fox and Falco. Since he doesn't have an account here he told me to ask for some tips about DK. I'd tell him some, but I seriously don't know much about DK.

Buttcrust

Smash Ace
Well, basically spam the b-air and always watch for grabs to cargo combo out of. And I like to keep them off the edge as much as possible because you can get a lot of early kills that way.

OF 'til I OD

More vibes, please.
3DS FC
3797-8618-3772
Switch FC
SW-4939-9118-0296
Chaingrab their ***.

EDIT: Buttcrust, I realize you're going to say "CGING IS GAY OMGZ", but it is a good way to win.

CG till about 30-40% then a few Uairs, then finish with fair or giant punch.

EastCoastEddie

Smash Journeyman
I noticed that DK can almost edgeguard the space animals in pretty much the same way as sheik the other day. Just grab the ledge and when they try to go for the stage with an up B jump out there and back foot them. Both DK and sheik's back aerials have really good range and priority.

But yeah, pretty much every character has trouble vs fox and falco. The only thing that gives some characters a fighting chance are Chain throwing or mean combos. In DK's case he can chain throw them with the cargo upthrow (I think that's his best option) or do cargo to upthrow up aerials.

King Kong

Smash Lord
I reckon Fox and Falco are maybe Dk's hardest fights, good ones anyway.

But yeah, get grabs and make them count.

With fox counterpick FD

with falco just cry

peace out

Hank McCoy

Smash Ace
yo, against fox, watch out for his lazaz they stun u. also do the ol' cg on him that workz on about 90% of the chars but there are only like 10 chars so its prob liek 60% lol. also upb edgegaurdz. bthrow for ko's at liek 120. remember to z-cancel. also, counterpick to dl64 the only real flat stage, or peaches castle.

also, lol@falco hes not even in the game

Buttcrust

Smash Ace
Yeah, Fox isn't too bad on FD. Falco is just lame. Everywhere that's good for you is better for him. Pokefloats might not be a bad option, but it is Pokefloats.

Fruitcake

Smash Cadet
Fox isn't nearly as hard as Falco. Falco can spam lasers, and stop you from approaching and grabbing, while Fox's don't stun, so it will be easier to grab, then Chain grab, then win!

=O

Buttcrust

Smash Ace
Yeah, Fox is easier. But he's still no walk in the park.

One thing I've started doing, is cargo uthrow to u-air. Then, if they get good DI away from me I just giant punch them instead of re-grab. You don't even need to jump. They don't tumble and thus can't tech. No one expects it. It works just about every time for me. It KOs from 0% unless you hit them from one end to the opposite. I'll take a 25% KO on Fox anytime.

MEXICAN

Smash Lord
One thing about fighting falco, that you can usually pull off more often than you can on fox, is using your up b out of the shield. Falco is tall enough to get hit by your up b when he's standing behind you. Against fox, you can't hit with the sweetspot, meaning its a delayed and he can grab you or hit you if you try to stop him with that. However, with falco, your up b will hit him away with the initial hit which is really strong, and hits imediately, and at the very least, will at least collide with the shine and then give you a chance to get out of there or whatever it is that you want to do. Against falco, you have to use your up b A LOT. It'll save you many times of getting pillared. Another thing you have to do if you want to beat fox or falco, is mastering wave shielding. You can even use it for mindgames. I bait lots of foxes by shielding as they approach, and then they try to come with a d air, or n air right above me, and i waveshield back as they get there, and i have a free grab, which is gold against a fox or falco.

Dark Iori Yagami

Smash Lord
Wow your friend is a soldier and a rare one to boot. On the other it is almost a good way to throw people off who only fight high teirs. I am tring to main picu it is alot easier to main than dk so tell your friend good luck

ps :093: number one kucle head ninja

phish-it

Smash Champion
Yeah, Fox is easier. But he's still no walk in the park.

One thing I've started doing, is cargo uthrow to u-air. Then, if they get good DI away from me I just giant punch them instead of re-grab. You don't even need to jump. They don't tumble and thus can't tech. No one expects it. It works just about every time for me. It KOs from 0% unless you hit them from one end to the opposite. I'll take a 25% KO on Fox anytime.
Good God, thats awesome! Thanks for sharing the Monkey love.

Top Bottom