• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DK Video Critique Thread

CnB | Chandy

Smash Journeyman
Got 9th at a regional this weekend. Shoutouts to the entire cstat crew. I only had one match on stream, against Infinity, who's ranked #5 on the Texas PR and ended up getting 2nd at this tournament in the end.

Yoshi johns ahead of time, I've never once played that matchup ever. I thought I did remarkably well and showed my stuff against one of Texas' best players. Let me know what y'all think. I'd really like to hear from @ Nannas Nannas if at all possible, since your advice last time was super helpful and I think I've really grown a lot as a player since then. Thanks y'all!

Your sweetheart,
CnB | Chandy

PS. Sorry for frame drops and lag in the vid, stream set-up wasn't super stellar at the time.

Nannas

Smash Rookie
Hey man Im glad some of my advice helped!
So lets start with the yoshi match. The only person I play against regularly is a yoshi main so I have played this match a ton. Infinity is a great player but his yoshi is clearly not polished. If you play against a good yoshi again watch out for downsmash out of sheild. that move is stupid.

Overall what I have noticed is that your spacing and intuitiveness with DK have significantly improved, Your combos and techchases were clean and some were downright impressive. I have seen nearly every DK combo possible and I still feel you have not fully unlocked your own combo game. Learn to mess around with some side b shenanigans because it is demoralizing to your opponent and its a scary edgeguarding tool. I could praise what you did well all day but if you want to improve I have a couple of points.

Dk is an incredibly momentum based character, so when you took those two quick stocks game 1, you did exactly what DK should do which is stun your opponent with blind juggernaut style momentum. However the tide of the match immediately changed because your opponent adapted to what you were doing and then began to punish you for it. For example, at every point in the match if you ran at infinity and shorthopped while facing him, You would either charge a little or shffl nair (both of which are easily punishable) what ended up happening is that infinity began to download you and you did little to truly mix up your playstyle. Taking the same scenario I just mentioned into account, every time you came at him from the air he would either Dash dance away and pivot grab or he would shield and punish with nair. You had one answer to this which was not leaving the ground and grabbing which was really good but that is now only 2 options he has to cover when you are facing him. To mix it up you could have gone for a crossup bair or empty hop or even arial side b for insane shield damage.

The whole point of DK is to be as unpredictable as possible and then punish your opponents mistakes. The perfect example of when you should have abused this was when you were up 2 stocks to 1 and you were still approaching. Yoshi has few good approach options and if you had opted to play more defensively I think you could have closed out the match with ease
Dk has a great dash dance as you know so if you had not approached the yoshi you could have simply read what infinity wanted to do and then punish with a grab or nair or bair or anything really because yoshi has really laggy approach options.

all in all you have improved greatly and I am excited to see more of you and how your playstyle evolves. I do remember that everything that I mentioned could have been due to nervousness or not knowing the match up but it is still worth mentioning.

PS Join the skype group :p

POOB

Smash Journeyman
Hi Chandy, well i noticed a lot of small, easy fixes you could make to your game that would make a HUGE difference and you probably would have gone to last stock vs his metaknight both games and could have won if you work on them. I call them "easy fixes" because they are DK specific and require no change to your fundamentals. You have great fundamentals so no need to critique that at this point. Also, Nannas gave great advice regarding more fundamental stuff as well. :)
Well, here they are, in no order of importance. Please excuse any bad grammar, I'd rather give you a **** load of information with bad grammar/run ons than a brief summary with perfect grammar that would take just as long lol

Ill start with the simplest thing. While this may not be as important as the other things im about to tell you, you need to JC more of your grabs, especially out of a dash to punish a laggy move because it has more range in front of him so you can actually grab earlier than if you did a dash grab. only dash grab when juggling if they are too high to do a jc grab because the dash grab has a higher hitbox, so you can grab earlier in that situation as well, where if you wait for the JC grab they may be able to jump out by then. Dash grab is also good for techcasing sometimes if you are a little ahead of them because the hitbox is also a little behind DK.
Example of when you should have JC grabbed(there may be more, but this one stood out for me): 9:32 you probably, if not definitely, would have got him if you JC grabbed. If you hit that grab, it coulda been a game changer which shows why it's worth mastering.

***Important section I noticed you flubbed many follow ups out of grab, mainly in crucial/ game changing moments, and you also often didn't get the most you could possible get out of a grab. Before I mention timestamps, I want to share something that I HIGHLY recommend all DK players to do, which is the reason I rarely flub my cargo follow ups. That is when you grab them, look at their % right away. There isn't much risk to glancing away from the characters because if you think they will mash out, press forward to reset the timer. This does many things. First of all, you can instantly judge how long you can pummel them before going to cargo hold. Second, if you look at the % right when you grab them, you get all of that extra time to plan what your best follow up will be at that percent and imagine if it will work or not. For example, if you did this at 3:16, you wouldn't have panicked and done a non guaranteed throw option. In that situation, it was best to pummel 3-4 times depending on if they were mashing (I often actually LOOK at their controller lol) and then do a standing cargo up throw to double jump up air and it would have killed. This strategy also helps when trying to judge if they are at too high % to do cargo up throw to fair or a combo of the like. Abuse that timer reset and hold them as long as possible until you think of a guaranteed follow up, you will definitely flub less grab combos if you do this.
Also, I noticed you sometimes up throw-up air too much. In some cases, you did it at too low of a percent. So low that the lack of hitstun from the up air would allow you do have no guaranteed follow ups. At low % v.s. MK, and many other characters, up throw to up air may not be the best option at low % for that reason. Try mixing it up a little and do a standing cargo f throw toward the middle of the stage. There's many more follow up options at that %. Always dash immediately after the f/b throw and if they DI toward you, you know the drill. If they DI away from you, you will have already dashed so you are in an EZ mode position to techchase. A dash attack is also great to punish a missed tech if they DI away. And I'm sure you know how many follow ups can come out of dash attack as opposed to just getting one up throw to up air. ***

Miscellaneous:
you jab a lot, which is great, but there were many situations where a grab was the superior option, mainly at high % when a grab was a free kill. Sometimes when you are going for the kill, you space aerials instead of go for the grab. 5:14 you could have turned around JC grabbed

Use more cargo up throws instead of f/b throws when going for kill combos. I'm not saying NEVER do f/b throw, but there were situations where u throw had guaranteed follow up to fair. Just master the % ranges by trying them out more. F/b throw works on lesser level players, which is a reason I used to have that habit as well. It has been working less and less the more I play higher level players who can DI quickly on reaction.

Since DK's neutral game isn't the greatest to say the least, it is necessary to get as much as you can out of grabs. You have great combo ability Chandy, but being able to combo and being able to always combo are two different things. Master those grab follow ups, and your punish game will be THAT much deadlier because a punish will always result in a ton of percent or even a stock. :) Also, while you may have flubbed due to nerves which I obviously understand, that is not an excuse because if you master something, nerves won't affect you. Do that strategy I said about looking at the percent while grabbing and taking your time. No matter how nervous you are, it's harder to flub a combo if you do that

Hope this helps man, I enjoyed writing it because it made me realize some things I do sub consciously. Looking back, this post could even be considered a DK grab guide lol. Sorry if I drifted from subject to subject, I just had a lot to say and I wanted to type fast so I didn't forget any of it.

Lmao what a long post, IDC though I enjoy thinking about these things

Last edited:

CnB | Chandy

Smash Journeyman
Thank you guys so much for the great advice. And hey, POOB actually posted a critique! So that's pretty neat. I will take all of this and move forward. Trying to see if solo-maining DK will actually get me far in competitive smash. #struggleisreal

POOB

Smash Journeyman
Thank you guys so much for the great advice. And hey, POOB actually posted a critique! So that's pretty neat. I will take all of this and move forward. Trying to see if solo-maining DK will actually get me far in competitive smash. #struggleisreal
No prob. Also DK is absolutely a solo-mainable character unless your region is abnormally stacked with nesses. The more people I beat, the more faith I get in DK as a character because I know I have a lot to improve on, yet I can still pull of wins in "supposedly" terrible matchups vs great players. (ivysaur, zss, diddy, lucas, link). However, I can NEVER beat NZA's ness with DK cause he's just too good with that character lol. It might be just something with my playstyle, but that seems to be the only matchup where I refuse to play as DK now.

Last edited:

Scuba Steve

Smash Ace
No prob. Also DK is absolutely a solo-mainable character unless your region is abnormally stacked with nesses. The more people I beat, the more faith I get in DK as a character because I know I have a lot to improve on, yet I can still pull of wins in "supposedly" terrible matchups vs great players. (ivysaur, zss, diddy, lucas, link). However, I can NEVER beat NZA's ness with DK cause he's just too good with that character lol. It might be just something with my playstyle, but that seems to be the only matchup where I refuse to play as DK now.
Funny that you mention that...

POOB

Smash Journeyman
Funny that you mention that...
hahaha Oracle apparently is going all DK at a tournament this Thursday and I'm worried for him. I'm hyped to watch but he said there's a lot of nesses. I'm assuming you are from the same region?

POOB

Smash Journeyman
Could someone please critique my DK? :) someone like @ Nannas Nannas or @ CnB | Chandy CnB | Chandy specifically but any advice would help!

I'm looking for fundamental advice more than DK specific stuff like combos and certain moves to do and what not. I was really tired from a lack of sleep (which you will probably notice when they show the player cam close up LOL) and I feel like being tired made my weaknesses (like impatience) way more apparent because I sub consciously did not have the mental strength to change my habits, which is a good thing for critiquing. No johns though, I still played to my strengths as well as I always do despite the tiredness. I'm just terrible at critiquing my own stuff haha

http://www.twitch.tv/gameunderground/b/544246731 @ 18.31
Thanks ahead of time for any advice

Planet Piss

Smash Journeyman
I'm neither of those people but I have a little input, POOB. I have some videos on page one to prove I'm not a scrub. Heh.

Your combo DI needs work, so since you know what that is, I'll just throw it in the beginning here. Anyway, you do a lot of 'leaps of faith', which is a problem I've only recently gotten over. It's probably obvious what I mean, but to elaborate, you see an opponent within attacking range and assume that it's a green light to approach. Due to positional advantage or persistent neutral game, however, you get punished somewhat easily.

Here's an example: I know how tempting it is to run up and nair, given the payoff, but you're better off controlling the ground at low percents. CC dtilt, jab, and nair in place (bair too I suppose) are all on-reaction punishes for any opponent who tries a ground-based approach, and you have adequate spacing to stuff said ground approaches. Against projectile-less characters like Marth who aim to play the ground, DK doesn't have to get grabbed. It won't take long for opponents to take to the skies to get a working angle, but DK is almost twice as good when it comes to punishing all but the fastest aerial approaches (Sonic and especially Falcon can be tough in this regard).

The next thing I have to stress is the frames. Know your lag and your IASA frames. There were many times in your set against that Marth where you flubbed an aerial approach (because, let's be honest, you can totally get away with nairs sometimes), but didn't fastfall soon enough and/or didn't jab out of it. If your nairs are low, and unless they're anti-approach (nair in place or retreating nair) they should be, you can do one of your many frame early moves to hit them on an inevitable shield release. Jabbing is less safe than dtilt, but the point isn't the moves, the point is that you can confirm one hit into the next as soon as possible. I know you didn't ask for specific moves to use, but I can't really provide critique in such a general way. Being able to move immediately out of everything, most importantly jab, dtilt, and nair on shield will save you until you get adapted on, but jab on shield can easily be replaced with up+b, as an example.

Unless you're intentionally doing so, you should never see your character standing in place, especially outside of neutral game. Not even for a frame. You might not think you do this but pay attention and you'll not only see some mistimed shffling but occasional lack of imput. DK is too easy to combo for you to wait and see where to go after a hit. Assume knockback trajectory during every attack and follow up on said trajectory before you even see what happens. DK's a steamroller who can take awhile to get going, but can hardly stop once he starts.

Pure defensive might not work forever, however. Once you've spent a couple minutes protecting yourself from grabs and approaches while securing your own combos, feel free to use those flying nairs and blind dash-attacks. There's no better way to get in someone's head then then by going aggro at low percent after you just got done playing defensively for a couple of stocks, and DK's damage output and KO capability make this strategy more than viable. It can turn a projected two-stock into a practically guaranteed win.

With this style of neutral game in mind, you can slowly push opponents toward the edge, build damage, and wait for them to make their move. Just getting residual damage won't work, however, so grab when you can. It says a lot that sticking to fast ground attacks does better than DK's DD grab, because that's one option you should never forget about.

TL;DR: Stand your ground and practice doing quick, preemptive defensive strategies. DK doesn't have to move unless he's been moved by something. DK's punish game is both readily available and terrifying. You'll land more combos by counter-attacking than by abandoning neutral and/or jumping against a grounded opponent.

Hope that helps at all. Oh, and practice powershielding. I find running powershield to be easier by a bit, but powershielding is a technique that is far-too often brushed-over. Aside from a handful of projectiles which bounce at odd angles, learning to run up and powershield consistently can flip bad matchups upside-down. There are MUs that DK can only win if he is smart about projectile defense. Standing your ground, unfortunately, isn't as simple against ZSS or Falco.

POOB

Smash Journeyman
I'm neither of those people but I have a little input, POOB. I have some videos on page one to prove I'm not a scrub. Heh.

Your combo DI needs work, so since you know what that is, I'll just throw it in the beginning here. Anyway, you do a lot of 'leaps of faith', which is a problem I've only recently gotten over. It's probably obvious what I mean, but to elaborate, you see an opponent within attacking range and assume that it's a green light to approach. Due to positional advantage or persistent neutral game, however, you get punished somewhat easily.

Here's an example: I know how tempting it is to run up and nair, given the payoff, but you're better off controlling the ground at low percents. CC dtilt, jab, and nair in place (bair too I suppose) are all on-reaction punishes for any opponent who tries a ground-based approach, and you have adequate spacing to stuff said ground approaches. Against projectile-less characters like Marth who aim to play the ground, DK doesn't have to get grabbed. It won't take long for opponents to take to the skies to get a working angle, but DK is almost twice as good when it comes to punishing all but the fastest aerial approaches (Sonic and especially Falcon can be tough in this regard).

The next thing I have to stress is the frames. Know your lag and your IASA frames. There were many times in your set against that Marth where you flubbed an aerial approach (because, let's be honest, you can totally get away with nairs sometimes), but didn't fastfall soon enough and/or didn't jab out of it. If your nairs are low, and unless they're anti-approach (nair in place or retreating nair) they should be, you can do one of your many frame early moves to hit them on an inevitable shield release. Jabbing is less safe than dtilt, but the point isn't the moves, the point is that you can confirm one hit into the next as soon as possible. I know you didn't ask for specific moves to use, but I can't really provide critique in such a general way. Being able to move immediately out of everything, most importantly jab, dtilt, and nair on shield will save you until you get adapted on, but jab on shield can easily be replaced with up+b, as an example.

Unless you're intentionally doing so, you should never see your character standing in place, especially outside of neutral game. Not even for a frame. You might not think you do this but pay attention and you'll not only see some mistimed shffling but occasional lack of imput. DK is too easy to combo for you to wait and see where to go after a hit. Assume knockback trajectory during every attack and follow up on said trajectory before you even see what happens. DK's a steamroller who can take awhile to get going, but can hardly stop once he starts.

Pure defensive might not work forever, however. Once you've spent a couple minutes protecting yourself from grabs and approaches while securing your own combos, feel free to use those flying nairs and blind dash-attacks. There's no better way to get in someone's head then then by going aggro at low percent after you just got done playing defensively for a couple of stocks, and DK's damage output and KO capability make this strategy more than viable. It can turn a projected two-stock into a practically guaranteed win.

With this style of neutral game in mind, you can slowly push opponents toward the edge, build damage, and wait for them to make their move. Just getting residual damage won't work, however, so grab when you can. It says a lot that sticking to fast ground attacks does better than DK's DD grab, because that's one option you should never forget about.

TL;DR: Stand your ground and practice doing quick, preemptive defensive strategies. DK doesn't have to move unless he's been moved by something. DK's punish game is both readily available and terrifying. You'll land more combos by counter-attacking than by abandoning neutral and/or jumping against a grounded opponent.

Hope that helps at all. Oh, and practice powershielding. I find running powershield to be easier by a bit, but powershielding is a technique that is far-too often brushed-over. Aside from a handful of projectiles which bounce at odd angles, learning to run up and powershield consistently can flip bad matchups upside-down. There are MUs that DK can only win if he is smart about projectile defense. Standing your ground, unfortunately, isn't as simple against ZSS or Falco.
Thanks a lot man! This will help a lot. Especially the ground based playstyle part which i definitely don't do enough.

CnB | Chandy

Smash Journeyman
Piss, who I can confirm is the homie and a very smart player, covered most of what I want to say, but I have a few bad habits that I noticed. Far be it from me to tell you how to play the game, but I appreciate you asking me! #warmandfuzzy

Usually if you flub an aerial combo, your go-to option is to fastfall to the ground underneath your opponent and then throw out a grounded up-B, using the invincibility frames and good range above DK to catch their attempt to counterattack. This will catch a lot of people off guard, and is DK's fastest option for following up on the ground (and at higher percents it can help you salvage KOs, which is nice), but the risk of missing the initial frame 3 hitbox is pretty big, and you use it far too often for it to surprise anyone for too long. You hit Sora with it a few times in game one, twice in game two, and then only once in the last game. If you are going to use it, make sure you check their % first, because even the strong hitbox isn't enough to prevent them from punishing you at low damage. I would've liked to see an even mix of grounded up-B at higher percents and utilt at lower percents. Utilt will link into itself twice or thrice on characters like Marth, as I'm sure you're aware, and there's far less endlag on it if you miss, unlike grounded up-B.

Prime example of this is game 3, timestamp 1:09:30ish: you missed the up-air and FFed to the platform, which was safe because you didn't want to eat a nooch or a fair. You had enough time to throw out a utilt but instead you waited a split second and then used up-B on marth at 30ish percent, knocking him out of your range entirely. The endlag prevents you from getting into position to edgeguard Sora, so you scramble to maintain stage control with a hopeful back air, which you whiff. Sora combos you hard because of your hasty decision and poor stage position, DK mains everywhere weep. :( If you'd been more aware of Sora's percent and utilted, you could have kept him in combo range and kept your momentum going instead of entering a long edgeguarding sequence. Grounded up-B is great, but if you use it as a panic button instead of a pinpoint counterpunch, you're gonna have a bad day. I have the reverse problem in that I utilt too much and underutilize up-B, but both are excellent anti-air moves that have their own uses. I've been trying use both equally and I've seen it pay off pretty well.

Match-up specific, although I'm sure you're aware, Marth has big problems coming down. Not as much as DK, but he still has a tough time when trying to regain footing. Cargo uthrow --> up-air juggling/sharking is far more worth it in this match-up, especially at low %. Sure it's predictable and samey, but you can abuse Marth from underneath him if you're smart, and I know you are, so don't be afraid to go for the old faithful up-throw up-air chains when the opportunities are right in front of you. Upthrow to back-air may allow you to better cover Marth's DI, but if also forces you to get out from under him, which is exactly where you want to be in this match-up.

That's all I have to add, but keep being a shining star and I'm sure you'll be fine. Those tech-chase regrabs are sooooo crispy.

Last edited:

POOB

Smash Journeyman
Piss, who I can confirm is the homie and a very smart player, covered most of what I want to say, but I have a few bad habits that I noticed. Far be it from me to tell you how to play the game, but I appreciate you asking me! #warmandfuzzy

Usually if you flub an aerial combo, your go-to option is to fastfall to the ground underneath your opponent and then throw out a grounded up-B, using the invincibility frames and good range above DK to catch their attempt to counterattack. This will catch a lot of people off guard, and is DK's fastest option for following up on the ground (and at higher percents it can help you salvage KOs, which is nice), but the risk of missing the initial frame 3 hitbox is pretty big, and you use it far too often for it to surprise anyone for too long. You hit Sora with it a few times in game one, twice in game two, and then only once in the last game. If you are going to use it, make sure you check their % first, because even the strong hitbox isn't enough to prevent them from punishing you at low damage. I would've liked to see an even mix of grounded up-B at higher percents and utilt at lower percents. Utilt will link into itself twice or thrice on characters like Marth, as I'm sure you're aware, and there's far less endlag on it if you miss, unlike grounded up-B.

Prime example of this is game 3, timestamp 1:09:30ish: you missed the up-air and FFed to the platform, which was safe because you didn't want to eat a nooch or a fair. You had enough time to throw out a utilt but instead you waited a split second and then used up-B on marth at 30ish percent, knocking him out of your range entirely. The endlag prevents you from getting into position to edgeguard Sora, so you scramble to maintain stage control with a hopeful back air, which you whiff. Sora combos you hard because of your hasty decision and poor stage position, DK mains everywhere weep. :( If you'd been more aware of Sora's percent and utilted, you could have kept him in combo range and kept your momentum going instead of entering a long edgeguarding sequence. Grounded up-B is great, but if you use it as a panic button instead of a pinpoint counterpunch, you're gonna have a bad day. I have the reverse problem in that I utilt too much and underutilize up-B, but both are excellent anti-air moves that have their own uses. I've been trying use both equally and I've seen it pay off pretty well.

Match-up specific, although I'm sure you're aware, Marth has big problems coming down. Not as much as DK, but he still has a tough time when trying to regain footing. Cargo uthrow --> up-air juggling/sharking is far more worth it in this match-up, especially at low %. Sure it's predictable and samey, but you can abuse Marth from underneath him if you're smart, and I know you are, so don't be afraid to go for the old faithful up-throw up-air chains when the opportunities are right in front of you. Upthrow to back-air may allow you to better cover Marth's DI, but if also forces you to get out from under him, which is exactly where you want to be in this match-up.

That's all I have to add, but keep being a shining star and I'm sure you'll be fine. Those tech-chase regrabs are sooooo crispy.
Thanks, i definitely need to try to stay below marth more, as well as many other matchups. Sometimes it's a better option than going for a crazy combo which i try too often haha

Planet Piss

Smash Journeyman
If you want to keep things simple, which no one ever does (myself included), cargo uthrow uair and keep uairing until 70%, and then just wait for Marth to fall down because it won't combo anymore. Just keep uairing while being mindful of his dair. Watch the grand finals set with PP (Marth) vs. Armada at Apex (2013?). The one where PP just up threw him over and over again. That's kind of the idea, but just nair after awhile and he won't have a jump if you played it right.

TreK

Is "that guy"
You really went balls out with that first kill. Good job.
He ate the second one quite easily too, but then he understood how to DI and you still went for the cargo fthrow/bthrow mixups, you should have tried something else as soon as you saw it didn't work anymore.
And since he's Mewtwo and you're DK, every time you went offstage you lost a stock. Can't really blame you for that. You did throw a couple neutral games by jumping on a platform immediately after safely getting back onstage, which got you punished.

Other than that, good job, I'll let the better DKs provide you with more insight.

I do have the first video of my DK online, but it's against a Sonic and we kinda both sandbagged hardcore. In any case, if any of you feel like giving me critique, I'll leave it here =V
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xo3ybFkxU_U&list=UU3yRpvY3I9VKBNwujnUJXog

Last edited:

Scuba Steve

Smash Ace
So I haven't used DK in tournament for months, but I just recently started bringing him out in bracket again. Still remember some of the stuff, but I know that my DK could be way more polished.

http://www.twitch.tv/austinpm/b/546401173
Me vs. Eclipse Kirby (Roy)
Starts at 3:58:40

Any critique is appreciated

Edit: Twitch link went down. Got a link to the youtube video, though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmqsOFBkVxY

Last edited:

CnB | Chandy

Smash Journeyman
Played some dork named Scooby Stan or something at a weekly yesterday. Lost out in the end, but considering how badly I got Shrek'd on by him in the crew battle I'm not mad at my progress. Plus I got third, so I won cash, and I think I moved up to #3 on the ATX power rankings as well. Sorry to all my fans for not playing better, but my #sponsored #esports DK will live to fight another day.

http://www.twitch.tv/austinpm/b/546401173?t=3h50m

Let me know if there's anything I can be doing to improve y'alls viewing experience. Thanks for making me feel mad mad special, you guys.

Love always,
CnB Chandy

P.S. <3 you Callum, I'll see if I can find time to critique your video this weekend.

Last edited:

TreK

Is "that guy"
I didn't see shield drops or pivots from neither of you guys. But I like both of your DKs a lot.
*takes a bunch of notes*

Scuba Steve

Smash Ace
I didn't see shield drops or pivots from neither of you guys. But I like both of your DKs a lot.
*takes a bunch of notes*
You Europeans and your shield drops. I haven't really started implementing it into my game too much yet. I can do it, albeit inconsistently, in friendlies if I really focus on it, but it's one area where I could definitely improve. I know that Eclipse Kirby is really consistent with them and makes good use of them, though.

kang320

Smash Rookie
I start at 23:21
http:// www. twitch.tv/waffru/b/553600555 (remove spaces)
(this was on antherz ladder netplay btw)

I win the first game pretty easily against his captain falcon then just get outplayed against marth for the next two games. I think my main fault is not taking advantage of combo opps as well as I should, but I'll let any of you guys tell me. I'm really interested in becoming a top DK, thanks for any advice.

Luckey

Smash Rookie
Got 9th at a regional this weekend. Shoutouts to the entire cstat crew. I only had one match on stream, against Infinity, who's ranked #5 on the Texas PR and ended up getting 2nd at this tournament in the end.
Ggs. One small thing is I tended to see you Get up attack and neutral get up off the edge a majority of the time. During game 2 you got on with a neutral get up into buffer spot dodge. That is an excellent type of option to throw into the bag of tricks (and thanks to you I'm going to throw it in every once and a while) and varying in more jumps, drops, wavelands, etc, even in small increments, will do a lot of good against attentive players. Nice DK though. Seemed very natural and flexible.

Top Bottom