• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DK Video Critique Thread

Returnofthemac

Smash Cadet
So, I have noticed that since 2.5 the DK video threads have pretty much died. That being said I think that with Apex out of the way and a lot of good DK showing there, People may want to start playing out beloved Gorilla.

Strong Bad has helped a lot of people with his incredible guide, but its time to see how it pays off in play. Post any videos here and hopefully the community will help players out with strategy and overall improvement so DK can really put the hurt on people.

Berrial

Smash Cadet
Hmm, so i only watched the 3rd video, you played well but here's my advice:

-If timed properly, you can D-air fox's side-b recovery, try to practice it, it pays off (at least for me).

-Dk's tilts are amazing, they all have good speed and range. U-tilt in particular gives just enough knockback to chain an u-air or a n-air, or whichever move you'd like to use.

-One of my favourite ways to recover when i'm hanging at the edge is to jump then immediately airdodge back into the stage (i think it's called waveland?).

-Never be predictable, this applies most to DK as he can be combo'd easily, try to change your playstyle between stocks/rounds.

-Try being on the defensive at times, going full offense can get you killed.

-Edgehog more often when you think it's possible to take a stock but not too much, you dont wanna be predictable. Fox is a pretty easy character to edgehog when you force him to use his up-b.

Well that's all i can say, but you should wait for a full time DK main for better tips, but i hope i helped.

Update: I saw the 1st and 2nd videos, and unfortunately, i never/rarely play against these characters so there is nothing i can help you with, but you might want a secondary to counter marth, i heard his matchup against DK is really high.

Last edited:

Planet Piss

Smash Journeyman
To start I have 3 matches that I would love help from the community to improve on

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXPfKg2CvJ8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVRAIDKPt6E

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBVMbatFqWI

I have a ways to go as it was my first tournament and I got 4th place and I have to learn how to play calmly and intelligently.
An obvious one, but learn to shffl consistently. You missed a lot of L-cancels and fastfalls.

-Learn to combo opponents up and down. DK can combo in literally every direction, so use the occasional dair mid-combo to extend [your combos] even further. If you put your opponenents back on the ground, it opens them up for grabs and other great options that aren't available if they get too far up in the air to even combo further. Don't get carried away though, you can get punished and will feel stupid if you miss cargo uthrow dair at least once.

Speaking of cargo uthrow dair, it works wonders at very low percents. Especially against Marth. What you want to do with this is do a falling uair after the dair, which sets up for another dair. It's cheesy as all **** and works almost as well as it does when Falco does it. After a couple of reps of this, a couple of other easy combo moves like jab jab uair or nair bair will bring them into giant punch KO range.

-Learn to use DK's fair spike. Yes, it is a true spike, and it hits so dang low that Marth, Roy, Mario, Spacies, and a ton of other characters with annoying recoveries cannot sweetspot the ledge. What's more is that the default trajectory is southwest, which means that the only DI that can allow one to tech is (around) southeast. When it comes to edgeguarding Marths, use fair spike.
-Going back to using dair for combos, utilize triangular platform stages to reduce your opponents' teching options. This is basically my personal playstyle, but DK is like Marth and Falco combined when it comes to platforms. Be patient and abuse your hugeness, and opponents can't escape you when they're stuck on platforms.

-When fighting Marth, go toe to toe with him on the ground. Dtilt for dtilt, grab for grab, dash attack for dash attack, your crouch cancel works longer than his. On that note:

Defensive game as DK revolves around anticipation and attacking in place. Jab jab is super fast and stops aggressive opponents in their tracks; it opens up combos at literally every percent unless your opponent is a high % floaty (in which case you could just look for a nair trade). Make sure to double tap it as fast as possible. Nair hits many characters right in the face if you do it without moving forward/back. Someone's coming at you with an aerial? Anticipatory nair. Retreating fair is also good. Bair works in neutral, but becomes transparent if you do it too much. Basically, if you work on your reaction time, DK doesn't have to let anyone touch him, ever.

-I didn't see you use up+b oos. Please practice it, it's difficult and punishable but works fantastically.

-For Fox, take a mid-level cpu to Smashville and practice cargo uthrow uair at 0%. This combo works on all spacies. This will help with reaction time, and since smart opponents won't take DK to FD, cargo uthrow uair is superior to regular chain grabs because of damage output.

-Learn to guage when your opponent is going to hit the ground/platform. Don't attack them if they're going to land, it's generally a waste of effort. Instead, if they're laying down, wait near them and dash dance, or bait out a movement with an empty jump. Don't get get-up-attacked.

-Stop approaching with nair. The only time nair approach is useful is as a mix-up, spend a majority of your time on the ground dtilting, dash dancing, and waiting for them to approach. When you see them getting ready to approach, turn on your defensive game.

On top of all of this, practice comboing in your spare time. DK should get 70% at least (on all characters except super floaties regardless of DI) from 0%.

Oh, and put DK's IASA frames into muscle memory. I can't stress this enough. He's worthless as a character if you can't attack as soon as you can.

Last edited:

JRad

Smash Apprentice
I only watched the first game and I learned a lot about cargo fthrow and backthrow so thank you for that. However there were a lot of grabs that could have been lead into kills that you missed. Ivysaur dies to cargo full hop uthrow uair at like 100. You also could do cargo full hop fair around 80. I wouldnt really recommend backthrowing him unless you think it will kill or nearly kill since it is really difficult for DK to ledgeguard tether recoveries.

Question for Planet, when I play vs. Marth I normally cargo full hop dair. Is that what you meant or do you just cargo uthrow from the ground then dair?

Nannas

Smash Rookie
Hey man this is really long but there was a lot to say and I felt like you should hear it all.

Overall im gonna say that you did really well.
However Im gonna be nit picky because you didn't come here to have me just to tell you what you did right.

First things first, that sonic you faced was pretty bad. Sonic has the ability to just plain overwhelm DK even when you have good DI. That being said your initial playstyle against him was excellent. I liked how you played defensively at first to feel out the match and then you realized that his defensive game wasn't ready for DK so you went in. Really good stuff.

Now for something that needs some serious improvement. Your DDing is very short and readable. Dk has an excellent dash dancing range so go into training room and learn the absolute boundaries of it. As of right now you are only accomplishing half of what it can bring out in your game. Dks punish game is redonkulous and with better DDing comes easier punishes.

Next up is a good thing. I was watching sonics percents and what options you chose based on that percent and I was pleased for the most part. The best thing you did was on sonics 2nd stock you saw that he was around 74% and you had your punch ready and you cargo fthrowed him into the punch. Great stuff but remember that landing that was SOLELY based on that sonic DI ing right into you. Even if he didn't DI at all that would not have hit. I agree with your choice there because Dreamland, however be aware that around that percent, full hop cargo up throw to fair is pretty much guaranteed.

Now for more improvements. A lot of your combos were ended not because of DK but because of you. I saw that you don't know precisely when DK can act out of his arials because if you did.... you could've 3 stocked him game 1. If you do know this and it was just a tech flub due to pressure I still recommend going into training and commiting that s*** to muscle memory. Also be aware that when sonic was juggling you with U-airs, you kept trying to come down with bair which may seem like a good Idea but honestly it isn't. Sonics up air is one of the MOST disjointed moves in the game so when you put out that bair against a good sonic you are only giving him more DK to hit. Nair has invincibility and overall is much better to come down with. If that doesn't work you can always side-b stall them out and then fast fall.

Another thing that I think you should be more aware of is how and when DK can kill from his throws. You attempted to cargo up throw into fair sonic at 140% or something. That will never happen. Knowing that, a good rule for average fallers is that it will only work till about 100 % or so and then anything past that is really pushing it. Floaties and fast fallers are different stories all together.

Lastly, I did not see one up b out of shield that entire match. if you know how to do it please try to implement it. it can save you from high pressure characters like you wouldn't believe.

Now onto game 2:

First off, ALWAYS ban yoshis as DK. The top platform will always interrupt with your cargo full hop stuff. Strong bad does it, I do it , Poob does it. No yoshis.
now onto the match. Mario can be tough for DK but it depends on a couple of things about you as a player. for example, Your arms = swords. Marios arms = Acorns. but seriously, marios reach is poo poo. that being said, spacing is huge in this match up. Next up is something that as a DK main, it will be more help to you than anything I can say to you. Learn to powershield. Yes its tough but Dk sucks at projectile matchups and powershielding is the best way to get around that. Practice it until you can get like 6 falco lasers in a row because when you shut a characters projectile game down, a lot of them tend to panic.
Next, you used a lot of b-airs which is good but you missed a couple l-cancels which made you eat a Mario combo. Not good.
Mario is one of the few characters in the game that are juuuuuust floaty enough that landing your cargo combos can be really tricky. Sadly most of the time cargo up throw combos are non existent but that doesn't mean you cant follow up. Most marios will jump out of the up throw. if you realize this then you know you can just follow them and then try to up air. if you play like you are against a computer who doesn't DI and just go on auto pilot, you will drop so many followups it will make your head spin. A good answer to Mario at higher percents like 100 is the cargo f-throw to fair.
I saw you went for the Poob combo. Although im sure Poob would be flattered, it literally cost you that match. the match was over if you just naired.

Just a general improvement thing. Learn how to wave dash, wave dash out of shield and the such because in the Mario match alone you shield rolled 10 (I counted)times and got punished for them all but 2 times. rolling is almost never good.

Game 3:
Soooooo that forward smash made you go from having that stock in the bag, to literally losing your own stock. He was at like 100 % just down tilt him and edge guard. Now that im thinking about it. There is a fundamental issue in your DK game. You are seriously fishing for grabs. I get it Dk has a great grab game and has ridiculous punishes off of his throws but the amount of grabs you missed vs the ones you landed were wayyyyy too high. The other mistake you consistently made in this set was that you would just leave the ground and try to hit them Even when they were sitting in their shield you got shield grabbed so many times for that I couldn't even count that.

In this match up DK has to play a little differently than he normally does. Think of him a lot like marth in this match up. You need to stop worrying about getting maybe 20 % off of a grab followup and focus more on applying pressure and spacing. *Just to note* you can jab or ftilt marios pills away. or powershield them if you can.

Ok so when you got that wonderful Cargo fthrow to fair combo on marios second stock. You lost that stock all by yourself. your immediate reaction was to up b. That was honestly the worst option you could have taken. That single up b allowed Mario to get down and proceed to kill you. REMEMBER that you can still use your side b and your air dodge to get down. You had that stock if you didn't up B, simple as that.

That last life. I could literally see how scared you became of losing that you went on back air autopilot. However you did the first side b stall of the set which means you know how to implement it. Plain and simple that Mario read you like a book that whole last stock because you were merely running from him so he knew what you were going to do and followed up. The biggest thing I can note here is that Not once during this entire set did you attempt to sweet spot the ledge. you only recovered high and that Mario knew that and you ate his combos because of it.

OK so overall I see a lot of potential from you and I think you can easily become a very solid DK main in PM. But before you can do that you are going to have to work on a few things that I mentioned earlier in this post. To be completely honest if that is the guy that got Second in this tournament then you can easily get second or first as well because that player was a lot worse than you are.

On these DK boards I believe that we need to stick together and show the world that its not just Strong Bad and Eli that can play DK.
If you have any questions or want any advice about combos, strategy or anything at all I would be glad to help.

Nannas out.

CnB | Chandy

Smash Journeyman
Thank you so much for all the advice. My retroactive john for this loss was 1)it was my first tournament and I was playing really nervous and 2)Mojo is the best Melee player in Texas, so I was a bit intimidated going into everything, especially with it being my first time on stream. I stomped through losers after this match but lost in quarters to Rayzorium (who got second overall in the tournament, and is the best PM player in the Houston scene. He lost in GF to Abstract Logic, my boy from cstat) but I did manage to take game 2 off of him and almost had game 3.

I wish I could have had that match recorded, I had a ridiculous zero to death on WarioWare for the first stock of game 3 (DD --> grab, dthrow, dthrow2 because they DI'd in, dash attack offstage JC nair, airdodge onto low platform, regrab out of his up-B attempt to recover high, cargo fthrow + immediate fastfall DJ nair for the KO. Love love looooove Cargo fthrow fastfall DJ nair for FFers/semi-FFers. **** is so money. I call it the Hidden Lotus.

Yeah, implementing up-B out of shield is a big hurdle I'm working through in the lab right now. The frame 3 strong hit is really only natural to me if they're coming down from directly above or sitting on a low platform like an idiot. On a grounded opponent or someone who is not in the easy sweetspot in the air (like sort of diagonally above you) it's really tough for me to get down. It's my impression that the strong hit on a grounded seems to work if they're behind him and really close (like sort of in the small of his back), so it's a good counter to crossups and dash attacks that end behind DK on a successful shield. I also like to catch CFs and Dorfs who like to use the grounded falcon/wizard kick in the neutral game but end up just behind your shield at the end. But this ends up being something I do as a little gimmick here and there, and not something I usually consider as a go-to option in serious play, so I will definitely try my best to get it in the rotation much more often. If there's like a hitbox gif of grounded up B in PM that would be funky fresh, but I'm really new to smashboards so I don't know where to look for that kind of stuff.

Wavedashing isn't something I really use that often either, and I will definitely try to work harder about getting out of the rolling habit. PM is the only smash game I've ever played on a serious competitive level in a long time, and I've only been playing since mid-march so this is all a lot to take in at the moment. I'm definitely stoked to be going to a lot more tournaments this summer because my schedule will be a lot looser and the ATX scene is pretty active, so I'll try my very best to get some more of my matches recorded and up here in this thread. The last C-stat biweekly is this Friday, maybe I'll see if someone can bust out the dazzle and get some of this #CASHMONEY DK play recorded for the highlight reel.

Last edited:

DexterChacko

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, my name's Dex and this is my first post here.

I have a friend who is great at Smash and has recently taken a huge interest in DK, but after our most recent session his faith is waivering. Our matches used to be fairly back-and-forth, but I feel like I've gotten a pretty solid lock on his playstyle, both as a player and as Donkey Kong. I know that DK can be a very fearsome character and my friend just doesn't feel like he's unlocking his true potential.

Since fighting games are most fun when everyone is levelling up together, do you guys have some advice for what he can do to step up his game (especially in the Dorf v. DK matchup?) I would love to be able to give him some solid advice or just link him to the thread so that he can have some more resources to draw upon.

Our 1v1 session goes on for more than an hour, so watch as much or as little as you need. I would greatly appreciate the feedback; the community here seems great so far.

Cheers, and here's the link.

http://www.twitch.tv/dontpressstart/b/525871927?t=53m

Last edited:

JRad

Smash Apprentice
It seems to me that both of you are relatively new so I hope he doesn't get discouraged. I made a list of mistakes things to improve on for him before I get into more matchup specific things.

1) Missed L-cancels - Pretty self explanatory, he just needs to keep playing and practicing. As long as he is actively thinking and trying to L-cancel it is only a matter of time before he will become consistent.
2) Predictable recovery - He often jumped into aerials or missed jumping into sweet spotting the ledge. He should also try incorporating fading back while doing up B as well as trying to sweetspot with it.
3) Rolls a lot. Rolling is not bad but it has its time and place, which is not every time you are about to be attacked. It looks like he doesn't know how to wavedash so he should practice that. I wont go into all of its applications but wavedash back is a good defensive option.
4) Doesn't dash dance much. Donkey Kongs dash dance is really good, especially against a character with long attacks like ganondorf. Its also crucial for his approach game which is all about mix ups.
5) Too many random standing attacks such as grabs and jabs. Its ok to throw out attacks defensively but sometimes ganondorf wasnt even nearby and even then your opponents will bait that. Nairing in place with DK is also not a great tactic because it doesn't have that great of range or priority.

As for more matchup specific stuff you need to use cargo throwing more (fthrow and then another direction which will usually be up). You never want to cargo then short hop and then upthrow against ganon so you don't have to worry about that one. Ideally you want to cargo upthrow and juggle with uairs, but ganon can get tricky because he can sometimes jump out so you have to learn when that will be and bait that out. You can also cargo into fthrow or backthrow and then nair but this is percent dependent. Once you have him at about 100% you want to cargo throw into fair, you can do this by standing cargo or full hop, your choice. Get more aggressive with ledgeguarding, you let him get back way too many times. You know ganon will down b to get his jump back so jump out and bair when he does that. When he tries to sweetspot with side b or upb just dtilt. In the neutral game you want to space back airs and dash dance. Look for good opportunities to nair or dash attack THROUGH him, this way you wont get grabbed. Nairs can often lead into other aerials or into a follow up grab or dash attack. Dash attack can lead into nair or jab->grab.

JRad

Smash Apprentice
Really impressed with your monk. Your punish game against Diddy seems to be really good and you had some sick combos like the double fair into spike and dash attack dair. It seemed like Luck just was like "hey wait its DK i can just projectile spam him" and started coming back. Here were some of my thoughts you might want to consider:

-RAR some back airs so you can bair through the bananas.
-I think you overused the side b stall a few times where you could have benefited from getting back faster.
-Too many downthrows and not enough mixups on the follow up. At the end you tried dthrow twice and one time you went for a side b which is the most risky thing you could have done. Also try dthrow into a down b into aerial. You can do cargo fthrow/bthrow into nair against diddy at low to mid percents.
-You became really nair happy later in the set. While you did have a bit of success, he also figured out you were sticing mostly to nair and started baiting it.
-Charge punch more while he is spamming projectiles or doing retreating banana shenanigans. Just jump and charge or use platforms to help. I felt like you were hardly using the punch other than like 2-3 times in the whole set
-Lastly, maybe consider stage pick. I don't know how i felt about dreamand. I wouldnt say it was bad but thats not the best combo stage either and a high ceiling just makes it harder for you.

Overall, I learned a good amount from watching you and you did well. Like I said, I was really impressed

CnB | Chandy

Smash Journeyman
Did really really well at the Austin weekly. A lot more happy with my second tournament. Ended up getting 9th in a bracket of 43. Also managed to take out Nike (24th in all of Texas, favored to win this particular tournament) in losers, but was eliminated by Zelda the very next round. I took six stocks in the Cstat vs. ATX crew battle in the clutch, but was dumpstered by a Ganon (also their last player) before I can even take one stock. Unfortunately I didn't get my singles stuff recorded but the crew battle should be uploaded by tomorrow, so you guys can take a look at that and make me feel bad again.

JRad

Smash Apprentice
To tell you the truth I dropped my PM DK for a while but you kids brought me back. I found some of my DK games recorded but its pretty much all against inexperienced players. I did double 4stock a guy on stream though.

CnB | Chandy

Smash Journeyman
Crew battle footage! I was so sure I could get us through in the clutch, but I got wrecked that last game. I guess my john for this one is that I was playing extra safe to avoid losing stocks because of that #crewbattlepressure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ik429OMhnMk#t=644

I did whiff some cargo follow-ups from nerves though, but aside from that let me know what y'all think.

Your #fanfavorite,
Chandy Chandy

Last edited:

JOE!

Smash Hero
Post videos of yourself as critiques. If they aren't comboing Side B into Side B, theyre doing it wrong

POOB

Smash Journeyman
Post videos of yourself as critiques. If they aren't comboing Side B into Side B, theyre doing it wrong
lol. Well I'm not perfect, and there's no right or wrong way to do something. So I guess that's why I just tend to stay away from this thread sub consciously. Good thread, but more often than not, people need to work on their fundamentals more than character specifics(including myself). I'm also terrible at critiquing video footage, I'm better at real life critiquing where I know more about each player

Scuba Steve

Smash Ace
Crew battle footage! I was so sure I could get us through in the clutch, but I got wrecked that last game. I guess my john for this one is that I was playing extra safe to avoid losing stocks because of that #crewbattlepressure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ik429OMhnMk#t=644

I did whiff some cargo follow-ups from nerves though, but aside from that let me know what y'all think.

Your #fanfavorite,
Chandy Chandy
Taking 6 stocks in a crew battle is nothing to scoff at and nerves can get the best of anyone. Hell, I whiffed multiple grab follow-ups in our game by smash attacking by accident.

As for stuff that you could improve on, you REALLY need to stop double jumping so much in general. A lot of players haven't really punished you too much for it, but better players will be able to take advantage of it. When I took your first stock, it was because I had noticed that you double jumped a lot in neutral in your previous games and I was looking out for it most of the game. As soon as I saw the double jump, I threw out a wizard foot to where you were landing simply because your options after you've used your double jump are so limited.

Be more careful with your approaches. DK's approach options are pretty bad, but his dash dance is really solid. He relies more on converting a hit or a grab into a good combo to rack up his damage rather than repeatedly winning the neutral game. If you look back at your game against me, you never really tried to bait me into a bad approach, which is what I basically did right from the start.

Know when to let go of your combos. The only reason I was able to land that wizard foot at the end was because you didn't let go of your combo after you saw that I had DI'd away. Along with knowing when to end your combos, you should also know when to take advantage of people's efforts to escape the combo. In my set with G-Rabbit, you can see me land a dash attack that pops him up in the air behind me here. I recognize that I can't land a followup before he gets out of hitstun, but I also recognize that he probably knows this too and will want to hit me before I can get an upair or something on him. With all of this in mind, I dash in to bait out his attack, dash out to avoid the bair and catch him with a flame choke to punish, allowing me to tack on some extra percent that I otherwise would not have been able to get. It's the little **** like that that you'll always be able to improve on.

Keep reppin' the Kong. He's a cool character to watch.

JRad

Smash Apprentice
I don't have much to say about the first 2 opponents in the crew battle. D3 seemed like a new player and Rob played more scared than almost anyone I have seen before.

Against Ganon you need to be more patient. He pretty much just baited you and waited for you to throw out an aerial or dash attack and then punished hard, which didn't take much waiting. You missed a few critical techs that extended his combos or killed you. You also didn't try to ledgeguard him when you hit him with the dair, you probably could have downtilted him. It honestly looked like you were nervous, especially when you went for that desperation fair. To tell you the truth, I don't think cargo fthrow or bthrow is good after probably 90-100% depending on character. I also don't see you use cargo upthrow that much, although I know they did away with some of his ridiculous cargo upthrow uair combos.

TLDR: You looked impatient and nervous. Wait out ganon a little more before going in.

Edit: Im really tired so Im sorry for not being more specific and what not. Scuba Steve did a good job of saying what i was thinking

Last edited:

CnB | Chandy

Smash Journeyman
Oh gee thanks Callum. Yeah a lot of the little flubs came about from being in the clutch of the crew battle. I completely whiff some uthrow giant punch stuff in the first two matches just from straight up forgetting to double jump. If I had to guess I'd think the dumb approaching in the third game came from the weird aggressive momentum from the first two games; Hammer ended up being a lot easier than I thought and DOOM just let me run him down full-aggro the entire game (probably because he was playing scared in the same way that I was playing overconfident). When I get really tense I tend to overextend myself and commit to combo strings that never really go anywhere (hence the desperation fair).

I never even noticed the double jump habit until someone shouted it out in the crew battle. Another bad habit to add to the list. Luckily I just did away with the dumb shield-rolling one so it'll be nice to tackle something new. Thanks for the advice. Hopefully the weekly this thursday will be a lot more chill so we can get some friendlies in.

CnB | Chandy

Smash Journeyman
Axxo are you gonna be at Rains of Castamere on Saturday? We should MM DK ditto and see who's king of the jungle. $5 Bo5?

Last edited:

Nannas

Smash Rookie
@ Axxo Axxo I hope you didn't take offense to my post on the tier list thread. I was just promoting healthy competition between the DKs. :)
Either way I really like watching you play so far but make sure you watch out for your shield pressure. The only moves that are close to safe on shield is Nair to jab or a very well spaced back air.

CnB | Chandy

Smash Journeyman
Axxo and I got that venue sooooooo hype. I'd say we drew a bigger crowd than grand finals. Mad props to Axxo for repping DK hard at this tournament, placing 5th.

Let us know if there's anything we can improve on, aside from cargo fthrow DI because hnnnnnnnnnnnnnng nervousness.

JRad

Smash Apprentice
For the love of God Axxo, please mash. If i see you die on 0 percent to a DK cargo walk off again I am bannin you from DK lol. You pretty much lost to suicide cargos but you both played well. That last combo Chandy had was omg.......

Last edited:

Axxo

Smash Apprentice
Sorry jrad but i had no interest fighting another Dk, wasn't worried too much about it, i was only there for the Tourney, It was fun tho

Cloud9157

Smash Journeyman
So I usually lurk in these forums really hard, but after finally getting some matches recorded by people, I figured I'd post my games here.

http://www.twitch.tv/windycitysmash/b/541879208

First game is at ~42:50. Stream went down during stage strikes/pick for second game, so that's why no audio. Also no audio for third game on same vod, so I'll post the other one with it. Finally, third game gets split in half because they were fixing stream, so last half is right at the beginning of next one.

http://www.twitch.tv/windycitysmash/b/541893776

So a few things I was able to notice by watching it a few times:

1. My offstage game is extremely lack-luster. I was a bit worried about Wario biting me for a suicide, but I definitely should have tried to grab ledge and bair Wario away from stage.

2. I dash attacked too much in the last game. Really need to focus on wavedash in place/backwards and try to possibly get ground pound tech chases.

3. Couple of times I could have up+b'd out of shield to punish him for jumping around my shield.

I have another vid of me vs a d3 player, didn't go so well, lol. I'll try to find it and post it here again. Any advice/tips/criticism is fine, I just want to improve and look for new ways to improve my DK play. Thanks.

Top Bottom