• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DK can just beast through attacks with DI!

Chaosgriffin

Smash Ace
Great video!

I will try and pratice the reverse headbutt with the bob-ombs...looks like a good way to pratice DI and tech too in New Pork City.
Lol I was doing the techs for fun.

Can we talk about Marth's Dancing Blade? Is it really just the green attacks we can bust out of?
Those are the only ones that I know for certain that you can DI out of. If the marth slows down the dacing blade attack then maybe you can get out, but if he does it at full speed I think it is a true combo.

EDIT:updated shiek f-tilt combo

D0N

Smash Ace
There was this vid of Ripple a long time ago where he u-smashed a marth after the 3rd hit of dancing blade in the middle of some crew battle. I guess he was DI'ing towards the ground or trying to DI up when he did it. And I think it was low percent. You should see if that's doable on the regular.

nice vid

Edit: nevermind, the u-smash thing was just wierd spacing. Look at 1:05 to see what I was talking about in case you were wondering http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqyg2_AS-7o&feature=channel_page

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
If you dual stick sdi the first few hits you should be able to get out of dancing blade before the final swing of marth's choosing.

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
I would say up for the side b punish. If you do go away and down and he does the last hit down he steps might just catch you in it anyway. Then again if you sdi out up then you might just fall back into it if you don't have your jump or you don't up b to a platform or headbutt.

Scabe

Successful Businessman
Well I've seen Snake's SDI Falco's jab combo ending up behind him and hitting them with a Back air.

And for MK's tornado:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=10807444#post10807444

Info from shmot hope this helps:

basically, you want to sdi towards the middle of the tornado (if you are on the left side you sdi right, if you are on the right side, you sdi left). remembering that the hitbox regenerates every 5 frames or so, you want to be the closest to where the hitbox begins, so then you have the most amount of time until the next hitbox appears. anyway, from there, most characters have enough time to airdodge through the nado, provided they get close enough to the centre. it definitely works with the ics, and i have got a grab out of this (pity nana never seems to follow you, but low % cgs are nice anyway). so i suppose in summary, i mash the joystick and cstick toward the centre of the nado, and mash 'r' to airdodge. you dont wanna jump cause you dont have enough time to airdodge after, and youd do too high up.
If this works, it would help every character learn how to get out of MK's tornado.

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
I am in 100% approval of this thread. I don't SDI nearly enough and if I do I'm not always aware of it. Good **** for coming up with this chaos =)

I'm off to work now, but I'll be back to post what I know for each of the character matchups soon.
You, personally, don't need it. @.@

KoSa!

Smash Journeyman
I have a lot of mario mu experience.
Dair=SDI Up + Away
Jab Combo=DI out and shield
Uair Combo=SDI Up + Away, but I usually get hit by 3-4 Uairs before I get out =/
I think this should be included too.
Utilt Combo= DI to the sides I suggest DIing to the side he isn't facing to avoid Uair Combo.

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
I have a lot of mario mu experience.
Dair=SDI Up + Away
Jab Combo=DI out and shield
Uair Combo=SDI Up + Away, but I usually get hit by 3-4 Uairs before I get out =/
I think this should be included too.
Utilt Combo= DI to the sides I suggest DIing to the side he isn't facing to avoid Uair Combo.
Thanks for that, that could be useful for my DK, and my other chars.

KoSa!

Smash Journeyman
And TL's bair combo is almost always going to get two hits if he catches you in the air. SDI away if he hits you on the ground. And in the air I believe you have two choices DI away and eventually he can't get you since he has to renew his jumps this can possibly make you susceptible to a zair or boomerang. And we might be able to SDI up and when we get free FF an airdodge towards them. Me might be able to get and uair in that position. This is theory talk, since I haven't had too much TL experience.

Top Bottom