• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dixie Kong's Barrel Of Support Spirits. Farewell Everyone, Thank You ALL For Making This Thread An Excellent Place For DK Fans!

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
No Dixie in Diddy's FS. I guess that's good, but I'm not confident on her first season dlc chance. Maybe season 2. I hope there is.

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
i like that we turned into a twitch chat for a second

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
Oh my god. I think it lines up. If spirits can be from playable characters, Dixie's still in the running and we've lost a ton of competition for the lineup:
Skull Kid
Rex/Pyra
Spring Man
Shadow
Isaac

The DLC lineup was decided mid-development, and Tropical Freeze was still relatively fresh. We haven't gotten TF content despite it being one of the bigger successes in recent memory. Jungle Hijinx was removed, so the newer DK games aren't represented anymore. It's not guaranteed by any means, but I now think we're looking good. Thanks to the people who spotted the spirits of other playable characters.

Ryan.

Smash Lord
So if being a spirit doesn't deconfirm her she's either one of those five DLC characters which are NOT echos, or spirits is the only representation she gets. I will be really sad if it is the latter. She deserves more.

Gobliiin

Smash Apprentice
Now we know shes not a final smash I have high hopes for her being DLC. Just feels right, she would have been in the right time frame for being in a game for Tropical Freeze when the roster was decided (unlike the situation for Rex and why hes not in or seemingly DLC). She can easily have a DKC2/3/Tropical Freeze level and music. Plus if there is a new DKC game coming out she can promote that and have a stage or music from there.

Last edited:

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
Dixie still has a chance as DLC.

Put the Dix in the box!

The special bundle box.

Where are you guys getting that the DLC characters were chosen already? That would be a big boon for Dixie.

Also, I really wonder if we could expect Kiddy to be part of her moveset. Bring him out of her hair for some moves.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Dixie still has a chance now! She's pretty much my most wanted after Crash and Geno

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
If Bandanna Dee also shows up a spirit, that will pretty much be proof that spirit status might have no bearing on DLC prospects. I am glad that Dixie Kong is not part of Diddy Kong's Final Smash. Let us all hope she actually makes it as DLC. There are only five slots so she is going to be facing some VERY stiff competition, especially considering that DLC is typically the domain of third-parties and advertisements.

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
The newest DK stage is currently from Melee, so a new DK stage to come with her is certainly reasonable. I don't want to get my hopes up, but...

Also hi again, anyone who remembers me.

Gobliiin

Smash Apprentice
Where are you guys getting that the DLC characters were chosen already? That would be a big boon for Dixie.
Unless someone understood it better or can remember it was more suggested. The way he said Rex couldn't make it into the game so we gave you a costume. Could just be talking about base roster but if they were going to put him in as DLC they wouldn't bother with the costume surely? Suggesting it might already be picked or they have an idea. If thats the case then it was probably decided in the same sort of time period. Dixie seems likely to be considered in that case.

Last edited:

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
The newest DK stage is currently from Melee, so a new DK stage to come with her is certainly reasonable. I don't want to get my hopes up, but...

Also hi again, anyone who remembers me.
75m is back. DK's four stages are Kongo Jungle (N64), Kongo Jungle (Melee), Jungle Japes (Melee), and 75m (Brawl).

Arymle Roseanne

Smash Lord
If Bandanna Dee also shows up a spirit, that will pretty much be proof that spirit status might have no bearing on DLC prospects. I am glad that Dixie Kong is not part of Diddy Kong's Final Smash. Let us all hope she actually makes it as DLC. There are only five slots so she is going to be facing some VERY stiff competition, especially considering that DLC is typically the domain of third-parties and advertisements.
Well let's just say that maybe a new Dk game could be in the future(the return of Rool could encourage them to do the task) maybe she could be used as an advertising character for it, just thinking of a good scenario that could give her a good sign of being chosen.

cybersai

Smash Ace
Guys there's tons of spirits of playable characters, male Wii Fit Trainer is a spirit too.

I think Dixie and Geno are really the only popular requests left that haven't been de-confirmed. Whelp.

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
75m is back. DK's four stages are Kongo Jungle (N64), Kongo Jungle (Melee), Jungle Japes (Melee), and 75m (Brawl).
Oh, it is...Funny. I've said this a lot, but no one ever pointed it out before now. I guess everyone just wants to forget about 75m lol.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Guys there's tons of spirits of playable characters, male Wii Fit Trainer is a spirit too.

I think Dixie and Geno are really the only popular requests left that haven't been de-confirmed. Whelp.
Bandanna Dee and Banjo-Kazooie are also both very popular and have not been de-confirmed.

Arymle Roseanne

Smash Lord

On the subject of Geno's chance, that might be a bit of a gamble since Square Enix is kinda strict. Just look how Final Fantasy is represented...

cybersai

Smash Ace
Banjo is also still iffy because of Microsoft.

I guess Dixie and Bandana Dee, lol? But most DLC is probably going to be third party like last time.

VeemonTamer

Cyber Sleuth
NNID
VeemonTamer
Dixie has to be up there concerning DLC based on fan-favorite characters and ones that have been ATed. Then again I just don't know how to feel because Piranha Plant came OUT OF FREAKING NOWHERE. Not trying to be pessimistic I'm overall optimistic, but dang Piranha Plant threw me for a loop lol. I hope other characters like this (one's nobody asked for) don't take priority over Dixie in the future.

Last edited:

SlayQueen

Smash Cadet
Oh my god. I think it lines up. If spirits can be from playable characters, Dixie's still in the running and we've lost a ton of competition for the lineup:
Skull Kid
Rex/Pyra
Spring Man
Shadow
Isaac

The DLC lineup was decided mid-development, and Tropical Freeze was still relatively fresh. We haven't gotten TF content despite it being one of the bigger successes in recent memory. Jungle Hijinx was removed, so the newer DK games aren't represented anymore. It's not guaranteed by any means, but I now think we're looking good. Thanks to the people who spotted the spirits of other playable characters.
Agree with this! I have a lot of hope that she will be DLC!

cybersai

Smash Ace
Also did Sakurai say he decided the DLC at the same time as the base roster? If this was back in 2015, there really weren't many other relevant characters at the time. Everyone else is already de-confirmed and new stuff like ARMS and Rex seem out of the question.

I suppose Dixie with a tropical freeze stage is actually possible.

Maxoxpower

Smash Ace
1- Geno
2- Dixie
3- Banjo or Steve
4- Rayman
5- Bandana dee
edit: but I supose Elma can be DLC too im not interested though

will be happy with that honestly! :-)

Last edited:

Marcello691

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 0035 6389 6608
When did Sakurai say that the dlc characters were already chosen?
Does that mean that the only thing we can do is to wait???
I can't wait anymore :-(

cybersai

Smash Ace
When did Sakurai say that the dlc characters were already chosen?
Does that mean that the only thing we can do is to wait???
I can't wait anymore :-(
From a line he said in the direct it implied the DLC characters were already decided at the same time as the base roster, but maybe I'm mistaken. I think that was the reasoning he gave why Rex from Xenoblade 2 didn't make it.

Gobliiin

Smash Apprentice
I know its looking into it too much but in the Treehouse why did they pick Diddy over DK to fight K. Rool. Seemed literally like just to show off his Final Smash.

cybersai

Smash Ace
That weird feeling when this direct killed almost every popular request but Dixie...and a few others.

I mean most of the DLC will be third party, but she has a chance.

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
Dixie still has a chance as DLC.

Put the Dix in the box!

The special bundle box.

Also, I really wonder if we could expect Kiddy to be part of her moveset. Bring him out of her hair for some moves.
https://youtu.be/NtKqCGOxf2Q

Looking into the phrasing, he's likely talking about the base roster and not the DLC. Sorry for the misinfo. Though, I dunno what the Mii Costume means for Rex. If he was planned for DLC, why would they make a point to give this as a consolation price?

Marcello691

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 0035 6389 6608
That weird feeling when this direct killed almost every popular request but Dixie...and a few others.

I mean most of the DLC will be third party, but she has a chance.
I really hope Nintendo will announce a new DK game next year and that they will hopefully promote the game with a Dixie Kong dlc for ultimate!

I know its looking into it too much but in the Treehouse why did they pick Diddy over DK to fight K. Rool. Seemed literally like just to show off his Final Smash.
I thought that Dixie will be shown today because we hadn't seen diddys pink Dixie alt yet...so I don't know what to think of it.

Is there a video already of diddys final smash? I haven't found it on YouTube yet

cybersai

Smash Ace
Dixie still in the running for DLC, among all the Assist trophies and de-confirmation graveyard. As said even playable characters appear to have spirits, so Dixie is safe. I mean literally 90% of the popular requests just got de-confirmed, even ones I expected for DLC like ARMS/Spring Man and Rex.

Unless all the DLC is third party, I think she has a shot.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Unless all the DLC is third party, I think she has a shot.
Dixie Kong does have a shot, however, she has to contend with the fact that most DLC is third-parties or advertisements, particularly the former. The only Nintendo newcomer I feel confident on for DLC right now is Bandanna Dee. There is also only five slots. At least Dixie Kong fans can continue dreaming for now.

The five DLC fighters will be finished by February 2020. That is over a year away.

cybersai

Smash Ace
I don't think so, even if Diddy still has the pink alt I don't think it'd matter much for a DLC character. They can always remove it later.

Arymle Roseanne

Smash Lord
I really hope Nintendo will announce a new DK game next year and that they will hopefully promote the game with a Dixie Kong dlc for ultimate!

I thought that Dixie will be shown today because we hadn't seen diddys pink Dixie alt yet...so I don't know what to think of it.

Is there a video already of diddys final smash? I haven't found it on YouTube yet
Pink Diddy won't do any harm for Dixie, they look different enough from each other besides I think Dixie should get a red color palette swap reference to Diddy's color if she gets in. Also don't forget Fox still has a Wolf costume and Pit still has Dark Pit's colors.

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
"A new Donkey Kong experience," as alluded to by Reggie, is sure to be at least revealed by February 2020, when the theme park and its DK section also will be closer to completion.

Though, who knows, better watch out in case Gnawty becomes a contender.

Dixie Kong

Smash Ace
"A new Donkey Kong experience," as alluded to by Reggie, is sure to be at least revealed by February 2020, when the theme park and its DK section also will be closer to completion.

Though, who knows, better watch out in case Gnawty becomes a contender.
Wait, when did he say that?!

StormC

Smash Hero
Dixie Kong does have a shot, however, she has to contend with the fact that most DLC is third-parties or advertisements, particularly the former. The only Nintendo newcomer I feel confident on for DLC right now is Bandanna Dee. There is also only five slots. At least Dixie Kong fans can continue dreaming for now.

The five DLC fighters will be finished by February 2020. That is over a year away.
Was February 2020 confirmed? I know Sakurai said it would be finished within a year, but I thought that meant a year from now.

Graizen

Smash Champion
Never lose Hope! Your character can be a DLC! Fight for it!

Im fighting for Agumon as well!

Top Bottom