• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dixie Kong's Barrel Of Support Spirits. Farewell Everyone, Thank You ALL For Making This Thread An Excellent Place For DK Fans!

Dixie Kong

Smash Ace
Remember, there will most likely be a new DK game coming next year, we could recieve a promotional DK character dlc.

cybersai

Smash Ace
Wait, people wanted Dixie to be an Assist? LOL

Again, EVERY major Nintendo character who isn't playable is a Spirit it seems. Spirits do not de-confirm characters. They are like the stickers from Brawl. I have no idea why people bring that up. If Dixie was de-confirmed she'd be an Assist like Isaac, Waluigi, Spring Man, etc.

SeashoreWar

Smash Journeyman
You think so? I honestly just took it as "we couldn't put him in the base game so here's this mii costume until we can put him in as dlc"
It gave me the impression that the DLC characters are already planned and Rex came out too late to be included, but I guess we'll see! Just hope one of those spots is Dixie.

Last edited:

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
Yikes. Dixie is a spirit and the DLC roster was decided during development. I don't think campaigning is even viable at this point.

cybersai

Smash Ace
As far as I can tell these characters are de-confirmed, popular requests anyway:

- Waluigi
- Ashley
- Krystal
- Isaac
- Spring Man
- Rex (maybe, based on what Sakurai said)
- Skull Kid (he's an Assist on the site)

Spirits:

- Dixie
- Geno

I don't know, I think Dixie and Geno are safe....for now. Spirits do not de-confirm.

Maxoxpower

Smash Ace
Spirits is just stickers... and i only saw dixie with kiddy....
so that deconfirm NOTHING.
at the very best i fear that 5 dlc will only be third party :(
GENO is a shoe in for sure... 1 dlc will be reveald at the video award for sure.

cybersai

Smash Ace
Cranky and Kiddie Kong were Spirits too, heh. I think I also saw Dread Kong from Jungle Beat there.

Marcello691

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 0035 6389 6608
I'm not sure if there's still a chance for Dixie, but at least she's not an assist trophy which would have deconfirmed her. Also, I don't think she is in Diddy's final smash, if so, Diddy's fs would have been shown alongside the other one's in the smash direct before or in this last one.
I feel like this smash is more of a compilation, don't get me wrong, gameplay wise this smash is probably going to be the best one yet! But like with many other switch games I feel like ultimate has been rushed. If smash was going to come out 2019 or 2020, we would have got more original and new content. Why didn't Sakurai bring back smash run? That mode was fun but spirit mode looks like a wasted opportunity like smash tour or party or whatever it was called on smash wiiU.

I'm tired of this waiting game, I've been waiting for so long for Dixie and it's a shame she's still not playable. We have to show Sakurai and his team how much we want Dixie, but how do we get his attention? It's our last chance, it's now or never!
#DixieForDLC!!!

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
Hey, I'm not watching the Treehouse since I gotta head to college, but lemme know if Treehouse shows off Diddy's Final Smash and ChronoBound's post saying she could be his FS is true. I hope it isn't, but being a spirit doesn't deconfirm her for DLC so keep holding out.

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
Yikes. Dixie is a spirit and the DLC roster was decided during development. I don't think campaigning is even viable at this point.
Spirits are just trophy replacements, if we deconfirmed characters based on spirits that would deconfirm practically every first party character.

Last edited:

GAINAX

Smash Journeyman
I fail to see how a 2D sticker that powers up your character deconfirms potential future DLC.
My future predictions for the season pass:
1. Dixie Kong
2. Monster Hunter
3. (Any KIrby character)
4. Geno
5. Banjo Kazooie

cybersai

Smash Ace
Honestly with so many popular characters de-confirmed, unless the DLC is entirely third party characters....Dixie has a shot.

Marcello691

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 0035 6389 6608
Spirits is just stickers... and i only saw dixie with kiddy....
so that deconfirm NOTHING.
at the very best i fear that 5 dlc will only be third party :(
GENO is a shoe in for sure... 1 dlc will be reveald at the video award for sure.
They showed Dixie from her tropical freeze artwork, some spirits can be combined or something like that to become stronger, dixie+kiddy were one of the examples.

Last edited:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Something else I noted from Spirits was that each seem to get their own quotes of sorts, that is? It seems to all be based on their character too.

I sorta suspect this means Dixie's probably been explored in same vein, so IDK if that allows her much chance for DLC. Talking to yourself?

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
I'm underwhelmed by the final direct, but Sakurai seriously should take a break. He's dedicating his life to Smash and looks more gaunt each time I see him.

I'll post my thoughts in full later on. For now I'll be lurking.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Dixie Kong is not out the woods yet unfortunately. We still need to know Diddy Kong's Final Smash. There are now 15 characters that need to have their update on the website (three of them newcomers). I think Dixie Kong has a shot as long as she is not in a major NPC role. Even Geno is a spirit, and that is a character Sakurai has talked about wanting to see playable since Brawl (I think Geno is going to be DLC).

We got through the storm that was the direct, but we still have one more hurdle left (knowing Diddy Kong's Final Smash) before we can once again dream once more.

Marcello691

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 0035 6389 6608
I'm underwhelmed by the final direct, but Sakurai seriously should take a break. He's dedicating his life to Smash and looks more gaunt each time I see him.

I'll post my thoughts in full later on. For now I'll be lurking.
To me Sakurai looks like he's becoming younger, he seemed pretty healthy to me, I mean he's always been very skinny:-D

Last edited:

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
We didn't see Dixie today, but the AT slaughter was quite real (RIP Skull Kid and Isaac :()... Dixie is likely THE most popular Nintendo character left at this point, which means that if there was a time to advocate for her, it is now. She has a genuine shot IMO. We have not seen Diddy's FS, true, but I really don't see her being shoe-horned into that personally.

We need to make sure we hit the polls, that's for sure!

EDIT: I also don't think that Spirits carry any real meaning when it comes to the roster, since some characters who exist right now are Spirits, so there's that as well.

Last edited:

Marcello691

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 0035 6389 6608
I'm not sure, but I think I heard "Feather Fiend" from DKCR during the direct, can someone confirm that?
I hope there are some nice tracks from tropical freeze.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
To me Sakurai looks like he's becoming younger, he seemed pretty healthy to me, I mean he's always been very skinny:-D
I can see his face has gotten slimmer, and he's noticeably wearing makeup now, whether that's simply to look young or good for the camera I'm not sure.

I'm certain that he's stressed since game development is often nerve-wracking, especially for AAA games. I just don't want him to work himself to death.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
While I obviously wish Dixie had been one of the (semi-)echoes, I think this Direct ended just about as well as it could have if she wasn't going to be in. No assist trophy disconfirmation, no showcase in Diddy's Final Smash, and the Spirits thing is a nonissue, like how Mewtwo and some others got trophies in Smash 3DS before becoming DLC.

Not only that, but we have the so-called muhrelevant frontrunners for DLC out of the picture. Spring Man is an Assist Trophy, Rex is a costume, there's zilch as far as Tropical Freeze content in the game so far, there's possibly a new DK game getting revealed within the next year, and few to no Nintendo or female newcomers come anywhere close to Dixie in terms of credentials.

I hope to see mockups of what a Dixie DLC package could look like, in terms of moves, a stage and music, start popping up all over the place. This is the time to strike, and I really do feel she has a shot as anyone else. Except maybe Banjo.

VeemonTamer

Cyber Sleuth
NNID
VeemonTamer
Big yikes from me fam... I'm not gonna type all of my thoughts. I am merely feeling too uninspired to do so at the moment. I suppose it's time to roll out the campaign though not to be negative but realistically I'm not too sure what good it will do if DLC characters have already been chosen at this point. I'll still make the website to be optimistic because you never know if round 2 of DLC may happen or not. I'm like most heartbroken by the AT murder spree that occurred today especially Isaac... I'm not a supporter, but he was my husband's most wanted and I know he was one of the heavy hitters regarding most wanted.

Anyhow, it's time to stand firm and make some noise but in a respectful manner. Remember Sakurai and his team have poured their heart and souls into this game and we should all be very thankful for that. Poor guy looked like a string bean this direct. He is working hard.

So time to buckle down and choose what we want our campaign name to be so I can get the site underway as well as some promo graphics. I still think this is worth doing because honestly like everyone has been saying stickers shouldn't de-confirm anything.

cybersai

Smash Ace
Guys. K. Rool is a Spirit. So is Other M Samus, and seemingly a lot of other old designs for characters.

Spirits don't de-confirm characters. Dixie got lucky. She could have been an Assist.

VeemonTamer

Cyber Sleuth
NNID
VeemonTamer
Guys. K. Rool is a Spirit. So is Other M Samus, and seemingly a lot of other old designs for characters.

Spirits don't de-confirm characters. Dixie got lucky. She could have been an Assist.
Exactly! That's why I feel there is still hope. =D

Arymle Roseanne

Smash Lord

I'm very grateful for your positivity, I guess we should keep on hoping for her. Thank you I'll won't just yet either.

Last edited:

SeashoreWar

Smash Journeyman
Dixie with Bandana Dee, Geno and Banjo (and I guess Piranha Plant lol) is a pretty great DLC lineup!

Gobliiin

Smash Apprentice
No Dixie in Diddys final smash its just a quick jet pack like super sonic

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
they just showed diddy's final smash on the treehouse: he flies around the screen on his jetpack like super sonic then delivers a final blow

no dixie in sight

Top Bottom