• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dixie Kong's Barrel Of Support Spirits. Farewell Everyone, Thank You ALL For Making This Thread An Excellent Place For DK Fans!

pepiux

Smash Apprentice
Thanks for giving some hope. Hadn’t noticed that :)

Sakurai did say they would reveal everyone before game release, am I right? If she is not revealed, DLC is our only hope.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Also, no gangplank galleon, a tropical freeze stage could very well be on it's way, possibly alongside dixie
Or a DKC3 stage, since DKC3 is Dixie Kong's game...

I am quite satisfied with the roster so far. No new Fire Emblem and Pokémon stuff (echos aside) to bloat the newcomers roster, and all fighters so far are cool. That being said, I still want Dixie because she is meant to be in Smash (imo) and of course I have the pipe dream of playing as Solaire of Astora in Smash.

Reila

By the way, is there anyone else in the "leak" not announced yet?

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
K. Rool has moves based on Kaptain K. Rool and Baron K. Roolenstein. I always suspected Dixie would be revealed first if both were in, but maybe they're setting up for a DKC3 style Dixie rescue?

Or I'm just falsely getting my hopes up...

I am happy for K. Rool and his fans, though! Better one than neither, even if it's not the one I personally wanted.

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
One thing that really makes me nervous though is that Chrom is a Roy echo but he has Ike's up B, kinda worried they could do the same to dixie but as I said I think they would have shown her here if that was the case

Reila

One thing that really makes me nervous though is that Chrom is a Roy echo but he has Ike's up B, kinda worried they could do the same to dixie but as I said I think they would have shown her here if that was the case
I was going to mention that. Someone once mentioned here that Dixie could be a mix of Diddy and DK, and now I could actually maybe perhaps see it happening.

SeashoreWar

Smash Journeyman
Yeah it would have been a good time to show her but now that I think about it, giving unique newcomers separate trailers makes sense, especially with how the trailers are listed on the fighters pages
I was definitely worried after the direct, but this makes a lot of sense. If she's completely unique, which is the best option, she would probably get her own trailer. If she was an echo, I think she definitely would've been shown off here.

I guess not all hope is lost!

paperosbronzo90

Smash Cadet
I'm confused, right now. I'm happy for K Rool but sad at the same time...we still have to wait to see if Dixie is playable or not.
K Rool uses the jetpack from DKC3 for one of his moves.. so, at least, the dev team considered the entire DKC trilogy.
Maybe we will get a Dixie trailer in the next direct? I mean… Dixie is one of the most wanted characters and it would be a shame to put her out this time, if we consider that even Chrom and Dark Samus have a playable appearence.
I don't lose hope.

Maxoxpower

Smash Ace
DIXIE still a top newcomer for ultlimate and not deconfirmed..
NOW I ROOT FOR DIXIE even more

dixie may be a echo ( sad but better than nothing) or she deserve her own trailer.

Last edited:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
That trailer looked very much like it could have had Dixie in it in some point -

Bu I guess next time. Either it's now down to Echo at best for us, or we get Bowser Jr.-esque situation where she's revealed later.

Staarih

Smash Master
I was lowkey expecting Dixie to join in at the end of K. Rool’s trailer.

Anyway, stay strong! Metroid got lots of love with Ridley and Dark Samus, DK could do with some of that too.

SeashoreWar

Smash Journeyman
I was lowkey expecting Dixie to join in at the end of K. Rool’s trailer.
That could honestly be how her trailer starts out. It could be the end result of them colliding with K. Rool coming out on top and then Dixie comes to save the day.

Bodacious66

Smash Cadet
So happy we finally got K Rool but yea Dixie making the save there at the end would have been perfect. Not to be pessimistic but it makes me think she might not be included this time around, hope I'm wrong.

SenSx

Smash Apprentice
I said I would not buy the game if K.Rool was not in.
But I lied, if Dixie is not in as well, no buy from me !!!!
Yes I know I demand maybe too much lol
But the DK rep can't be perfect without her !
I'm all with you now guys, she is my new N°1.

And yes that would have been the perfect timing for Dixie announcement, but it could still happen.
They did not announce Dark Samus in Ridley's trailer, they waited for today.

Last edited:

Marcello691

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 0035 6389 6608
I have to say that I'm really impressed! Smash ultimate is going to be the best smash game ever, just look how much stages and content in general we get, that's just amazing.
And the K.Rool reveal trailer was the best character reveal trailer they have shown so far, the way it began with showing how every important series has it's villain and then dedede... it's like sakurai read all those comments about how he neglected the dk series the whole time. I'm so happy k.rool is in, he really put effort into the character seeing how he draw inspiration from dkc/2/3 and dk64.
As for Dixie, even if she's not in, I'll be happy because dk got some love...BUT I do still think she is a playable character and that Sakurai will reveal dixie later because we haven't got a new dk stage and this is strange because every newcomer is revealed on a new stage like simon Belmont was. They also didn't show diddys ultra smash which means that they still have something to show regarding the dk series. Now that k.rool is in, everything is possible. Ashley got deconfirmed and we will see some female characters.
I can imagine dixie being revealed alongside a tropical freeze stage as the game can't be ignored, or maybe they show a trailer where dk and diddy get kidnapped by k.rool and dixie kong comes to save them so that she is in the spotlight, that alongside a stage from dkc3 or dkc2, I believe she will be an original newcomer!

Last edited:

Marcello691

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 0035 6389 6608
Sorry for the double post, smashboards seems to be busy

Last edited:

Klimax

Smash Ace
Now that King K Rool is in, i can support Dixie even more !
I don't know what to think about her chances, but i don't care, i wanna see her in the game, she's like the very last Nintendo All-Stars that we don't have

Marcello691

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 0035 6389 6608
On the bright side, we got K. Rool and Dixie is still nowhere to be seen. On the dark side of things, well, this was a slightly DK-focused Direct and we got no Dixie. Maybe, if she is in the game, she is a secret fighter. Or maybe she is not playable. We should keep expectations in check.

Also, completely unrelated but we got a Knuckles Assist Trophy but no NiGHTS :T
Sakurai himself said that this time they will show every character before the game comes out.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I was kinda hoping with the K Rool trailer it would reveal Dixie as well, but I still have hope for Dixie regardless.

pepiux

Smash Apprentice
Could it be possible that Dixie's trailer will be a continuation of K. Rool's? Like, the trailer ends with the big explosion, then they highlight K. Rool "winning" in a separate scene. Plus, maybe they didn't want to steal the show of K. Rool (probable ballot winner) by introducing Dixie in the same trailer.

I'm really happy K. Rool is in, but Dixie seriously deserves a slot too.

Last edited:

Reila

Sakurai himself said that this time they will show every character before the game comes out.
I see. In that case, we likely have two directs until (one in October, other before the release in December) before the release. There still is hope.

Klimax

Smash Ace
Could it be possible that Dixie's trailer will be a continuation of K. Rool's? Like, the trailer ends with the big explosion, then they highlight K. Rool "winning" in a separate scene. Plus, maybe they didn't want to steal the show of K. Rool (probable ballot winner) by introducing Dixie.

I'm really happy K. Rool is in, but Dixie seriously deserves a slot too.
That makes sense, Dixie could save Diddy & Donkey just like in DKC3.

SeashoreWar

Smash Journeyman
Even though Dixie isn't in yet, it's really nice to see them showcasing the DK series with more items and all the references in K. Rool's moveset. Hopefully this leads to Dixie (and some more music)!

Bodacious66

Smash Cadet
Actually I just noticed something, Chrom was an echo fighter of Roy with Ike's Up B. Maybe Dixie could be an echo of Diddy with DK's Up B.

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
So with Chrom revealed, it's possible that Dixie would be an echo of Diddy with her up B being like a non-damaging but more verstile Spinning Kong

The only downside besides lack of uniqueness is that she'll get a mediocre reveal trailer

I was definitely worried after the direct, but this makes a lot of sense. If she's completely unique, which is the best option, she would probably get her own trailer. If she was an echo, I think she definitely would've been shown off here.

I guess not all hope is lost!
Dark Samus wasn't shown along with Ridley though.

DiSQO_BuNNY

Smash Lord
NNID
DisqoBunny
I sincerely hope the girl gets in. She's such a great addition, along with K. Rool. Still holding on to the hope.

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
So with Chrom revealed, it's possible that Dixie would be an echo of Diddy with her up B being like a non-damaging but more verstile Spinning Kong

The only downside besides lack of uniqueness is that she'll get a mediocre reveal trailer

But Richter was shown with Simon, there's not much reason to not include her in his trailer if she was an echo when the trailer was literally just the Kongs fighting him

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
I may be over-analyzing here, but I'm going to suspect this doesn't mean much for Dixie. Dark Samus and Ridley don't have much of a relationship; her debut game was the only game that didn't have Ridley in it. How would you realistically go about having a trailer that reveals both Dark Samus and Ridley? Yeah, she could have been shown off separately like Daisy was...and I have no explanation for why she wasn't.

K. Rool is the villain in both of Dixie's games. A reveal of her just before K. Rool, and having her in the trailer for him, would make a lot of sense. We even saw the Klap Trap assist trophy, and we could have seen a new Tropical Freeze-based stage.

The whole situation just seems a bit too strange.

Reila

That makes sense, Dixie could save Diddy & Donkey just like in DKC3.
Don't play with my heart :(
Dark Samus has almost nothing to do with Ridley. Ridley is a space pirate, Dark Samus is a very unusual Metroid corrupted by Phazon. Their only connection is that both appear in Metroid Prime and Prime 3: Corruption and that Ridley weirdly acts as a guardian or whatever in Prime 3. It would make little sense to have her appear in the Ridley trailer, honestly.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Well, my most wanted character, K. Rool got in, but I suppose I won't stop there. I'd like to see Dixie in Smash Bros. as well. Sign me up as a supporter.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I do not see Dixie getting her own reveal trailer. A more downplayed trailer of her will probably be present, akin to Daisy, Dark Samus, and Chrom.

If she is in, it is weird that she wasn't accompanied in K. Rool's trailer.

Considering Chrom, who has a variety of moves taken from Roy, Ike, and Marth to be sort of a semi-clone of sorts and be classified as an echo, we could see Dixie get in as a semi-clone echo too. Though they could be just different situations, and we might not see some original moves for Dixie and see her as a pure echo, or she might be excluded from the roster altogether.

I am being cautious right now.

L2 Sentinel

Smash Apprentice
I don't think K. Rool's confirmation hurts her chances too much. There has never been a Smash Bros. game that didn't add two or more characters from the same franchise. Smash has room for King K. Rool and Dixie Kong.

VeemonTamer

Cyber Sleuth
NNID
VeemonTamer
I know people are saying Metroid got 2 newcomers so Dixie is still a possibility however, one was a new fighter and the other an echo... If they trully are following the same pattern then that leads me to believe that Dixie will be an echo if she even gets in. But who knows? I'm sure I'm complelty wrong on this.

Also just want to point out all of the positivity here is really great! Happy to see everyone is keeping the dream alive. Hopefully that positive energy will rub off on me because I'm super bummed to be honest and feel very defeated. Excited to see DK get so much WELL DESERVED love and attention this direct but feels so empty without Dixie.

I'm sure I'll recover soon and I know we have so much more time before the release. Anything can happen.

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
I do not see Dixie getting her own reveal trailer. A more downplayed trailer of her will probably be present, akin to Daisy, Dark Samus, and Chrom.

If she is in, it is weird that she wasn't accompanied in K. Rool's trailer.

Considering Chrom, who has a variety of moves taken from Roy, Ike, and Marth to be sort of a semi-clone of sorts and be classified as an echo, we could see Dixie get in as a semi-clone echo too. Though they could be just different situations, and we might not see some original moves for Dixie and see her as a pure echo, or she might be excluded from the roster altogether.

I am being cautious right now.
Chrom is a Roy echo who borrows one move from ike btw.

And if Dixie is unique she'll get her own trailer which if she's in I believe she will be since she wasn't shown today

cybersai

Smash Ace
I think Dixie is very likely. A semi-clone of Diddy was always the most likely outcome.

As said Dark Samus wasn't revealed in Ridley's trailer. I expect Dixie to have some new specials but be largely based on Diddy. I think she'll be in the next direct.

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
In the pre-Smash 4 days, the Dixie and K. Rool fanbases were at each other's throats. We suspected one would get in, but only one, and things got ugly.

But now, after King K. Rool is confirmed, Dixie fans are congratulating his fans while K. Rool fans are coming over to show support for Dixie. It's a complete 180 and it warms my damn heart.

Top Bottom