• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dixie Kong's Barrel Of Support Spirits. Farewell Everyone, Thank You ALL For Making This Thread An Excellent Place For DK Fans!

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Maybe. Like I said the other day, an insider contacted me the other day and basically backed up the few minor details that everybody seems to agree on: Nintendo developed and that Nintendo is treating the rumored DK project very seriously and when I say seriously, I mean with as much gravity as Mario or Zelda. Basically Nintendo wants to push the DK series back to it's glory days when it was a triple A franchise that could almost single handedly carry holiday seasons like it was when RARE was handling it. Sounds like Nintendo is tired of passing the buck with it with mixed results and wants to turn the series into a system seller again. Once again, I know this is hard to swallow and the DK fanbase has been burned a good number of times in the past 20 years but from my end it's sounds like good stuff is on the horizon.
I can't wait for the fruits to harvest from hearing this. The results of DKC being on Nintendo's top priority list again sounds grand.

DX_E

Smash Apprentice
Woo, I hope there's truth to this! It's exciting to hear and also adds more hope for Dixie in Smash! Come on Nintendo!!

Justin Little

Smash Ace
I want to remind folks that if nothing pans out for this coming Direct, it isn't the end of the world for us. TBH, I only expect anniversary plans for Mario (like 3D collection and 3D World Deluxe), and the first and third party "miracles" that an insider at Resetera claim would happen this year or next year. I do think the miracle is something RARE related like a GoldenEye rerelease or some form of RARE Replay. Would love it to be a Diddy Kong Racing remaster or something DK related, but I'm gonna hype responsibly.

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
Assuming this is true, I'm curious what form it will take. DK's had its greatest success in 2D, and in the last 20 years Nintendo's only allowed Mario and Luigi to have their own 3D based games. Every other Mario related spin-off (Wario, Yoshi, Toad) has been either 2D or isometric in the latter's case.

However another 3D Donkey Kong game (either collectathon style ala 64, or linear level based like Crash Bandicoot) would make a heck of a splash if revealed.

Justin Little

Smash Ace
Imagine a DK Direct next year with the following:

3D DK developed by Nintendo
DKC6 developed by Retro Studios
Diddy Kong Racing 2 developed by Sumo Digital
DK RPG developed by Square Enix
Donkey Kongbat at developed by Capcom
Diddy and Dixie's Kongquest developed by Playtonic
Dixie Kong revealed for Smash Ultimate

Eat your heart out, Mario.

Okay, I'll calm down, now.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I think Markomaro said he heard it was a spiritual successor to DK 64 but he's literally the only person who has made a statement like this. One common misconception people have about me is that I report on everything that comes my way and the truth is I only make things public if 1. multiple people are able to back it up or 2. or it comes from one of my contacts with a solid track record. This being said, there's not enough evidence out there to suggest what exactly the DK project is but Nintendo is pouring enough resources into it that it's more akin to Breath of the Wild or Mario Odyssey and less like Yoshi's Crafted World or Three Houses. The rumors are that it's being developed as a system seller and not something to merely appease the DK fanbase or act as a "drought buffer." That said, don't worry about it winding up being something like Donkey Kong Parcheesi if this all winds up being true.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Paying my Respects today. Grateful for everything he's done for Gaming.

Last edited:

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
Listen, I hate involving myself in any sort of drama when it's not related to whether or not Wrinkly Kong died, and I don't remember the full story, but Fatmanonice is not a credible leaker.

And from what I remember reading, there is some troubling cult-like behavior that developed in the Geno thread around his person which I would not like to see in the Dixie Kong thread.

GAINAX

Smash Journeyman
My only worry with a big scale DK project being developed internally within Nintdo of Japan is that they wouldn't hire David Wise to do the music. He really is the heart and soul of the DKC series... He's like our John Williams.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
User was warned for this post
Listen, I hate involving myself in any sort of drama when it's not related to whether or not Wrinkly Kong died, and I don't remember the full story, but Fatmanonice is not a credible leaker.

And from what I remember reading, there is some troubling cult-like behavior that developed in the Geno thread around his person which I would not like to see in the Dixie Kong thread.
By all means, explain this "cult like behavior." Pretty amazing this narrative of me being a terrible person continues when there's countless examples that I'm not including from the past half year alone:

Whistleblowing Sabi back in December:

https://smashboards.com/threads/geno-♥♪-return-of-the-starsend-savior.446378/page-1983#post-23717586

Publicly Clearing Krono of the Seven Squares scandal:

https://smashboards.com/threads/geno-♥♪-return-of-the-starsend-savior.446378/page-2029#post-23726629

Not only helping Operation Starfall create a Children's Charity Fundraiser to Celebrate Mario Day but Donating more than $350 to it:

https://smashboards.com/threads/geno-♥♪-return-of-the-starsend-savior.446378/page-2768#post-23959953

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Acting as though a character support thread is a cult is uncalled for (and only serves to create hostility), and it doesn't seem like there's any need to continue that discussion further.

As for rumours, take any of them with a grain of salt. I don't follow the rumour mill all that closely, but while some of them have come to pass (ex. Shinobi hinting that Banjo would be in Smash), others wind up completely wrong or take an extremely long time to come to fruition. (King Zell on Resetera hinted at Halo: The Master Chief Collection coming to the Switch a few times, and yet nothing's happened on that front)

Nobody has 100% accuracy with this sort of thing, as far as I can tell - even in cases like Vergeben (where he got a bunch of the unique newcomers in Smash Ultimate right), he was way off about Minecraft content in Smash, and his track record only seems to be good for Smash Ultimate and Soul Calibur 6 (and I could be wrong about the latter).

Don't be too quick to jump to a conclusion that a rumour's true just because it sounds good - way too many people did that with the Grinch Leak.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I empathize with you Dixie fans; wanting to latch on to any potentially good news about your character, putting hope in slim chances, feeling overlooked by Nintendo. I'm an Isaac supporter, I get it, and I really hope we get Dixie some day sooner than later.

But please, save your faith for people with actual credibility.

There's no one here like that.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I empathize with you Dixie fans; wanting to latch on to any potentially good news about your character, putting hope in slim chances, feeling overlooked by Nintendo. I'm an Isaac supporter, I get it, and I really hope we get Dixie some day sooner than later.

But please, save your faith for people with actual credibility.

There's no one here like that.
I'm sending you a PM in a moment.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Paying my Respects today. Grateful for everything he's done for Gaming.

RIP Iwata. I can't believe it's been 5 years since his death. Without him, we would have no Mother, Pokemon, or Super Smash Bros. This man is a legend and a hero in the industry that will never be matched.

Again, Fatman isn't a leaker. He has sources and he creates theories from what he hears.

Last edited:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
RIP Iwata. I can't believe it's been 5 years since his death. Without him, we would have no Mother, Pokemon, or Super Smash Bros. This man is a legend and a hero in the industry that will never be matched.
His words of wisdom are those to live by every single day. Whilst most CEOs fire large amounts of staff when company profits are low, he purposely took a pay cut in order to avoid laying off large amounts of workers. He was a beautiful soul.

1594497978229.png

1594497990284.png

He also loved listening to DKC music.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Acting as though a character support thread is a cult is uncalled for (and only serves to create hostility), and it doesn't seem like there's any need to continue that discussion further.

As for rumours, take any of them with a grain of salt. I don't follow the rumour mill all that closely, but while some of them have come to pass (ex. Shinobi hinting that Banjo would be in Smash), others wind up completely wrong or take an extremely long time to come to fruition. (King Zell on Resetera hinted at Halo: The Master Chief Collection coming to the Switch a few times, and yet nothing's happened on that front)

Nobody has 100% accuracy with this sort of thing, as far as I can tell - even in cases like Vergeben (where he got a bunch of the unique newcomers in Smash Ultimate right), he was way off about Minecraft content in Smash, and his track record only seems to be good for Smash Ultimate and Soul Calibur 6 (and I could be wrong about the latter).

Don't be too quick to jump to a conclusion that a rumour's true just because it sounds good - way too many people did that with the Grinch Leak.
Or that a rumor is inherently false because it's something people want. That's the wild thing about these little spats is that such a common conclusion is "oh, people would like that too much therefore it's a lie" and I think to myself, "man, people are weirdly jaded about this stuff." Plus, per usual, I'm assuming most of you are adults and fully capable of tempering your own expectations and regulating your own emotions so that nobody has to police what you think. You all can decide that for yourselves. I passed along relevant stuff to this fanbase because, ironically, people get mad when I stay stuff exclusively in the Geno thread and have literally been told by the mods to do this. Now, if this fanbase wants to kick me out of this thread too, that's their decision to make, not the same 5-6 people who say "FATMAN BAD" whenever I post outside the Geno thread.

DX_E

Smash Apprentice
hmmm, yeah. Grains of salt will be taken, like with any rumor. I think a lot more will be floating about in the coming weeks. I would love for this DK rumor to be true but I'm not holding faith in any one person. It would be sweet but anyway....

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
I respect Geno fans, even the many who draw Geno taller than he should be. I don't want to give the wrong impression.

But I read what I read in that thread, and parts of the thread were consumed by supposed glimpses into the future. And it's understandable. It is easy to be protective over "leaks" that could make you really happy.

I don't want Dixie Kong's thread to go through something like that. This isn't [Any User's] Leak thread. This is the Dixie Kong thread.

I believe we can hope and dream without oracles.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I don't get where this impression comes from that Fatman is crazy cult leader and tells lies to others to tell them what they want to hear. Fatman just wants to speculate and have fun like the rest of us and if he does have inside sources and creating theories around what he hears what is the harm in that? Bringing out certain information would get these people in trouble maybe even thrown in prison so Fatman is doing the right thing by protecting them by not giving out the whole picture.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I respect Geno fans, even the many who draw Geno taller than he should be. I don't want to give the wrong impression.

But I read what I read in that thread, and parts of the thread were consumed by supposed glimpses into the future. And it's understandable. It is easy to be protective over "leaks" that could make you really happy.

I don't want Dixie Kong's thread to go through something like that. This isn't [Any User's] Leak thread. This is the Dixie Kong thread.

I believe we can hope and dream without oracles.
I literally shared something that was relevant to the Dixie fanbase. Like I said the other day, it's been ages since I last came here and, like I said in my last post, several mods have specifically asked me to take things related to their respective threads instead of being perpetually quarantined to the Geno thread. Again, if the Dixie fanbase wants me to stay out of this thread, that's their decision to make. If the mods think I'm out of line by merely coming here for like the first time in at least half a year (from what I can remember) then that's their call.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I don't get where this impression comes from that Fatman is crazy cult leader and tells lies to others to tell them what they want to hear. Fatman just wants to speculate and have fun like the rest of us and if he does have inside sources and creating theories around what he hears what is the harm in that? Bringing out certain information would get these people in trouble maybe even thrown in prison so Fatman is doing the right thing by protecting them by not giving out the whole picture.
My suggestion is people trying to create unnecessary drama about the user? Just report it. It's clear that he's done nothing wrong on this thread beyond respond unnecessarily to those goading him. Frankly, why shouldn't you post rumors you hear in the appropriate thread? You're supposed to since leak threads are not allowed. That's just proper discussion. It's encouraged to post what you know or speculate on the appropriate thread anyway. Frankly, he's doing what he's supposed to be doing to create proper discussion.

And a quick edit; the above post shows exactly that it's what he's supposed to do. He has a right to speculate just as much as many of you do. Nobody gets special privileges in speculation on these forums. That makes no sense. And never will.

Threads aren't cults after all. Anybody is allowed to post and join. There is no thing as a thread ban(at least anymore), so it's not like there's an issue with it. Nor should there ever be. It's been clear that a lot of the times one issue that comes up is threads trying to drive out people instead of reporting trolls. This creates a massively toxic atmosphere as well as makes it super unfriendly. That's not how you gain followers. Report the trolls and respond respectively to other users' theories. You don't need to agree. You also don't need to dogpile or act rude towards others.

Last edited:

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
I am not trying to create unnecessary drama.

I am also not going to lie about what I saw. My memory's foggy -- I don't pay attention to things like this usually -- but I saw enough from visiting the Geno thread of the toxic environment created by Fatmanonice's "leaks". Aggression against "nonbelievers", the thread dominated by 1 personality and their supposed connections. Those are the dangers of this "leaker" culture running amok.

As someone who has been posting in this thread for years, that's the last thing I want the Dixie Kong thread to look like.

This thread is about "THE LAST NINTENDO ALL-STAR", not supposed leaks or theories based on private leaks. I think if you want to Kongrtibute here, your posts shouldn't be about you and your connections. That's all.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2

I am also not going to lie about what I saw. My memory's foggy -- I don't pay attention to things like this usually -- but I saw enough from visiting the Geno thread of the toxic environment created by Fatmanonice's "leaks". Aggression against "nonbelievers", the thread dominated by 1 personality and their supposed connections. Those are the dangers of this "leaker" culture running amok.

As someone who has been posting in this thread for years, that's the last thing I want the Dixie Kong thread to look like.

This thread is about "THE LAST NINTENDO ALL-STAR", not supposed leaks or theories based on private leaks. I think if you want to Kongrtibute here, your posts shouldn't be about you and your connections. That's all.
I mean, people really can't share in depth theories or predictions on the Newcomer or Social threads because other will attack them for their theories. Our character threads sometimes are our only safe haven. A bunch of people from those threads have gone to the Geno thread before just to attack Fatman and cause big enough drama for the mods to lock it not once but like three times.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Sigh, let us just move on...

If Dixie is in, what do you guys think would be her stage? I would want Bramble Blast.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

And I saw the thread even earlier. Want to know what really happened? Fatmanonice didn't actually cause any drama at any point from simply posting speculation about information he's heard.

It's people who had the idea that they should go in and demean the user. The worst thing was one particular actual leak he got that was taken the wrong way due to the context behind it(the Iwata Tribute thing), misunderstanding what it's really saying. And it's pretty understandable that it's better to just not talk about that no matter how valid the information is. Some subjects in the end come off differently than intended.

Fatmanonice isn't posting any leaks. He's posting speculation, just like the rest of you. Want to know why there's drama right now? It isn't cause he posted. It's because of these nasty replies that only exist to make things sound bad instead of taking his speculation with a grain of salt instead.

I mean, people really can't share in depth theories or predictions on the Newcomer or Social threads because other will attack them for their theories. Our character threads sometimes are our only safe haven. A bunch of people from those threads have gone to the Geno thread before just to attack Fatman and cause big enough drama for the mods to lock it not once but like three times.
This. People jump on any theories that don't match their own. There is no safe place to even post your theories and we're supposed to post them out in the open because it's a good discussion piece. Discussion is encouraged, not being afraid to speak up because you're get dogpiled and treated poorly.

I've been in this thread before, and it's gotten massively hostile because I simply don't care if Dixie is an echo or not. That's horrible in itself. People will not view a character the same way as others. That's fine. You can still respect other views too. This doesn't happen at all. There's a good reason why people are afraid to post their theories in the proper threads, due to the uncalled for hostility and aggressive behavior. This needs to stop to improve speculation as a whole. Leaker culture, besides that, isn't causing issues. It's people being openly hostile to others for not following their own theorizes. Leaks didn't cause this aggressive behavior whatsoever and if anything actually gave something worth discussing that isn't attacking others. It's only improved this forum constantly. It would be even worse if we never had any new information.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Sigh, let us just move on...

If Dixie is in, what do you guys think would be her stage? I would want Bramble Blast.
...I honestly wish I could get enough time to play something besides DK64. I wasn't able to get my hands on the other games due to massive prices, and my consoles often not working right. So I only was able to play a little bit of one of the DKC games. Last one I decently played was Donkey Kong Land. I just like Dixie Kong, and her being in(echo, unique, with a partner) is good enough for me. I don't have personal experience with the character. In fact, my biggest experience with her was the cartoon, and that's what made me like her. Same with K. Rool(and to be fair, he also is crazy awesome enough to remind me loosely of the cartoon. At least compared to DK and Diddy who fits their game counterparts a lot more).

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I must say now, people do think inaccurately about the cult thing. If Fatman, or any theorist for that matter were a cult leader, I am sure he would call all of his claims correct or treat them that way, both of which he does not do.

I spoke with some members about what reasons they have for listening to Fatman, aside from saying something they want to hear. Those reasons include him putting thought and time in his theories, or otherwise being a good friend. There are always more reasons to something than being a so called "cult leader". The cult leader thing is just a facade. An outward appearance. Even so, most of those I spoke with don't even agree with Fatman's theories all the time. It's not like he could just randomly make things up on the fly without reason. If anything, I would not call Fatman a cult leader. He just came to share something, and some people are just jumping on him for his past theories. That alone, is not a good reason for jumping on him in the first place.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
...I honestly wish I could get enough time to play something besides DK64. I wasn't able to get my hands on the other games due to massive prices, and my consoles often not working right. So I only was able to play a little bit of one of the DKC games. Last one I decently played was Donkey Kong Land. I just like Dixie Kong, and her being in(echo, unique, with a partner) is good enough for me. I don't have personal experience with the character. In fact, my biggest experience with her was the cartoon, and that's what made me like her. Same with K. Rool(and to be fair, he also is crazy awesome enough to remind me loosely of the cartoon. At least compared to DK and Diddy who fits their game counterparts a lot more).
I would recommend trying out DKC2 and Tropical Freeze. A lot of people including myself see those two games as the best games in the series. DKC2 takes place in Krocodile Isle Kremling territory how awesome it that?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I would recommend trying out DKC2 and Tropical Freeze. A lot of people including myself see those two games as the best games in the series. DKC2 takes place in Krocodile Isle Kremling territory how awesome it that?
I admittedly have tried the first one and couldn't much get into it. It seems like platforming using multiple characters at once tends to go badly for me.

I don't have any money to really spend on that, but if DKC2 comes to the NSO, I'll definitely give 'er a try. Keep in mind I barely bought any DK-related games and just didn't get into it much. Partner systems are cool, but for some reason don't mesh well with me. I dunno why. The only games I kind of could work with is Super Paper Mario(which is a Platforming RPG) and Sonic(only sometimes. The partners usually made it worse for me. And Advance 3 was pretty bad at times due to horrible stage design like the general Advance series and I found the Boost system to just be plain awful and unfun, so).

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I know the ship has sailed for Banjo & Kazooie to come along with Diddy Kong Racing music, but I still think we could still get that with Dixie Kong.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I know the ship has sailed for Banjo & Kazooie to come along with Diddy Kong Racing music, but I still think we could still get that with Dixie Kong.
Oh, I love Diddy Kong Racing! I would love to hear some music from that game in Smash Bros. Ultimate! Which tune do you like best from there?

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Oh, I love Diddy Kong Racing! I would love to hear some music from that game in Smash Bros. Ultimate! Which tune do you like best from there?
It's hard to say really since Diddy Kong Racing has such amazing OST. Probably music from some of the Dragon Forest and Snowflake Mountain courses.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I wonder how much of that music is even owned by Microsoft anyway. Maybe that's why it didn't come with it. Dixie feels even odder, as she isn't related to Diddy Kong Racing. Banjo originated there, after all.

But yeah, I'd love that music. Who was omitted from DKR DS again? I forget.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I wonder how much of that music is even owned by Microsoft anyway. Maybe that's why it didn't come with it. Dixie feels even odder, as she isn't related to Diddy Kong Racing. Banjo originated there, after all.

But yeah, I'd love that music. Who was omitted from DKR DS again? I forget.
Yeah, but Dixie was in the DS version. We really know nothing about who owns what in Diddy Kong Racing other than the fact Microsoft owns Banjo and Conker. Everybody else in the game we have no idea who owns what.

My favorites are these...

As well as Wizpig's race.
Spaceport Alpha has to be my favorite track:

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Diddy Kong Racing is actually the first game I ever played. Like, ever. So I have a VERY fond attachment to it.

On the rumor mill from earlier. I dunno, last I heard was that Monster Games was rumored to be developing the 3rd DKCR game. That 3D Nintendo made adventure game IS intriguing but I dunno how accurate it is as I take everything with a grain of salt. I would love it, I think a 3D DK game is long overdue but I’m not getting my hopes up.
My favorites are these...

As well as Wizpig's race.
You missed the best one dude.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Yeah, but Dixie was in the DS version. We really know nothing about who owns what in Diddy Kong Racing other than the fact Microsoft owns Banjo and Conker. Everybody else in the gane we have no idea who owns what.
I forgot about that. I'm glad to see she was in there. As long as Nintendo can easily get the music or owns it, I could easily see some of it coming with her.

...Along with more remixes of the same Jungle music. Cause variety, amirite?

Top Bottom