• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dixie Kong, a Character Analysis [OFFICIAL DIXIE KONG THREAD]

Speedwobbles223

Smash Apprentice
How is it a typo when you even put "Japan Only" after it, making it clear that it is the arcade one, way before Dixie's debut?

Please, just accept that you hadn't the slightest idea of what you were posting.
Or that I just left out the "a". Please, just accept that your getting sore over a thread about dixie kong.

DONKEY KONGA 3 WAS JAPAN ONLY.

http://media.cube.ign.com/media/716/716494/imgs_1.html

Diddy&Dixie4evr

Smash Apprentice
actually in think it was never specified in the games only in the cartoon which isnt canon but im not sure
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dixie_Kong

Wikepedia says her boyriend is diddy, and I think it said it in the booklet of Dkc2 that they where boyfriend and girlfriend. Though don't kiss or anything in the game, they actually don't do alot together. But still they make a cute couple.

Diddy&Dixie4evr

Smash Apprentice
And Kiddie is Chunky's younger brother?
Yep, Tiny is dixies younger sister, but she whent threw puberty before dixie.
Lanky is just a distant relative. I also think Funky is kiddy and chunky's uncle, Wrinkly and and cranky are the parents of donkey and the grand parents of all the kongs a generation lower. Candy is DK girlfriend, and Swanky I guess a uncle or something like that with kongs.

Speedwobbles223

Smash Apprentice
Yep, Tiny is dixies younger sister, but she whent threw puberty before dixie.
Lanky is just a distant relative. I also think Funky is kiddy and chunky's uncle, Wrinkly and and cranky are the parents of donkey and the grand parents of all the kongs a generation lower. Candy is DK girlfriend, and Swanky I guess a uncle or something like that with kongs.
shiz man you really know your stuff

Agent 1337

Smash Apprentice
'Scuse me for my rather lengthy absence.
Some people don't remember Cranky's "relatives." In the TV show there was an episode where it was revealed that Cranky and K. Rool were once friends - good ones at that. This is backed up by Donkey Kong Land for the GBC, where Cranky gets K. Rool to help with a bet, thus symbolizing that they still have some form of friendship and contact left. Of course, I'm not sure if DKL is canon, but I'm guessing it is.

Diddy&Dixie4evr

Smash Apprentice
'Scuse me for my rather lengthy absence.
Some people don't remember Cranky's "relatives." In the TV show there was an episode where it was revealed that Cranky and K. Rool were once friends - good ones at that. This is backed up by Donkey Kong Land for the GBC, where Cranky gets K. Rool to help with a bet, thus symbolizing that they still have some form of friendship and contact left. Of course, I'm not sure if DKL is canon, but I'm guessing it is.
Wow really very impressive on your DK history.

Agent 1337

Smash Apprentice
There's more: In that same episode, in a song that K. Rool and Cranky sang together Cranky was wearing K. Rool's crown. It was later revealed that K. Rool was simply bluffing a renewed friendship, but here's the catch: K. Rool has been known for being deceitful more than once in the show, and in another episode he stated that he felt "naked" without his crown. This would definitely mean uncomfortable, or stripped of his kingship. Therefore, it can be assumed that K. Rool simply took advantage of the friendship, taking the monarchy before friendship.
But I digress. Dixie in the TV show actually wore Tiny's shirt and didn't have the kneebands or the Rare logo on her hat, and was hilariously out-of-character, so the show isn't canon at all. Just thought that might be interesting.

Diddy&Dixie4evr

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, When my brother saw an episode, he said he saw tiny kong, I was like that can not be true the show was before dk64, but when I see the pictures of dixie I assumed it must mistaken her, my brother is young. Well the show wasn't that good anyways, it was a total failure.

Agent 1337

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, When my brother saw an episode, he said he saw tiny kong, I was like that can not be true the show was before dk64, but when I see the pictures of dixie I assumed it must mistaken her, my brother is young. Well the show wasn't that good anyways, it was a total failure.
DK and his stereotypical medieval British teeth were a real eyesore, and K. Rool not having a tail was merely a foreshadowing of things to come. The show was actually pretty funny and the songs sped up were a blast, so at least it did some things right.
This is, however, going on the things I saw from the Internet, as I was unfortunate enough to not watch the shows on TV.

y3nia659

Smash Ace
I watched that show once, it was pretty boring :chuckle: I hated how DK talked and looked.

Agent 1337

Smash Apprentice
Beats me, I never even saw it on TV.
But let's get on topic again: What could be a better Final Smash for Dixie than the ones already stated?
We've already stated one where Dixie grabs two ponytails and twirls them around, forming a mini-tornado, we've already made one where she grows a BUNCH of ponytails, and another where we made her ponytail super-long.
Are there any ones that you can think of that are better than those? Food for thought: maybe one where Dixie creates huge winds and tries to blow everyone offstage, and during this time, if she gets near anyone, they get blown back?

Diddy&Dixie4evr

Smash Apprentice
How about Dixie Typhoon: she spins so fast she make a giant tornado as big as the Ice climbers iceberg. The other players will be blown around in the tornado as dixie can walk in it with out a problem and cause all sorts of damage to the players, when it is over they get blown away.

y3nia659

Smash Ace
Beats me, I never even saw it on TV.
But let's get on topic again: What could be a better Final Smash for Dixie than the ones already stated?
We've already stated one where Dixie grabs two ponytails and twirls them around, forming a mini-tornado, we've already made one where she grows a BUNCH of ponytails, and another where we made her ponytail super-long.
Are there any ones that you can think of that are better than those? Food for thought: maybe one where Dixie creates huge winds and tries to blow everyone offstage, and during this time, if she gets near anyone, they get blown back?
I kind of thought of something. Have you played Mortal Kombat Trilogy? If you have look at Sindel's fatality, the one where she grabs her opponent with her hair and spins them super fast that their skin falls off, well Dixie's could be similar but not bloody, maybe she spins her opponents out of the stage or something (automatic KO is she grabs you).

Speedwobbles223

Smash Apprentice
Ive thought of a few:

1.) Dixie Summons Kiddie Kong, who is enraged at those trying to hurt Dixie, and pummels everyone

2.) Dixie Kong turns to a medusa like figure, her hair rapidly striking anyone within a reasonable distance, grabbing them, and throwing them off the stage.

3.) Rambii/The elephant from DKC3

4.) bubble Gum gets all over and stuns the opponents

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
Your brother was not totally wrong. Tiny Kong appeared in the show first, but was apparently younger than how she appeared in DK64.

Back to Dixie, she could summun a big flock of squaws, each one carring and relasing a rambi.

Agent 1337

Smash Apprentice
That Dixie Typhoon was more along the lines of what I was thinking, but some of the others I see potential for too. For the spinning one, I was thinking she could throw the opponent, but not have it be an instant K.O. Instead, the opponent has the control stick go round and round, as in you'd have to press left to go right, then it could be up, etc. etc. etc. to signify dizziness. This has the added benefit of the character possibly randomly flying off the edge.
Kiddy Kong would be okay, I presume. But I'd heard a post about how all the characters have to use their own power. The guy said that even Pit's has his own power, and that summoning Palutena (spelling?) would require massive amounts of energy. Heck, even King Dedede's would, I would think, as he'd have to try to get all his servants together, which would take a while. I just can't see how Kiddy Kong would be in that category.
Rambi: I've stated before that he would, in my mind, be better off as an assist trophy, but if you could give me a little description I might change my mind.
Bubble Gum: To be honest, I think I stressed the bubble gum too much. I could see it as a Final Smash where enemies move SUPER SLOW and their attacks are as laggy as Ike and beyond.
The Medusa idea is terribly out-of-character and I would not think it would fit her character at all. I just picture her with these jagged yellow teeth and snakes every time I think of that.
Those are my ideas.
EDIT: Didn't see that last post, but it gave me an idea. In the end of DKC3, the secret ending or something was the Banana Bird. Maybe she could chase characters around the stage and capture them in eggs while mini-Banana birds go inside the shells and peck at the characters? It's game-related, at least.

Speedwobbles223

Smash Apprentice
That Dixie Typhoon was more along the lines of what I was thinking, but some of the others I see potential for too. For the spinning one, I was thinking she could throw the opponent, but not have it be an instant K.O. Instead, the opponent has the control stick go round and round, as in you'd have to press left to go right, then it could be up, etc. etc. etc. to signify dizziness. This has the added benefit of the character possibly randomly flying off the edge.
Kiddy Kong would be okay, I presume. But I'd heard a post about how all the characters have to use their own power. The guy said that even Pit's has his own power, and that summoning Palutena (spelling?) would require massive amounts of energy. Heck, even King Dedede's would, I would think, as he'd have to try to get all his servants together, which would take a while. I just can't see how Kiddy Kong would be in that category.
Rambi: I've stated before that he would, in my mind, be better off as an assist trophy, but if you could give me a little description I might change my mind.
Bubble Gum: To be honest, I think I stressed the bubble gum too much. I could see it as a Final Smash where enemies move SUPER SLOW and their attacks are as laggy as Ike and beyond.
The Medusa idea is terribly out-of-character and I would not think it would fit her character at all. I just picture her with these jagged yellow teeth and snakes every time I think of that.
Those are my ideas.
EDIT: Didn't see that last post, but it gave me an idea. In the end of DKC3, the secret ending or something was the Banana Bird. Maybe she could chase characters around the stage and capture them in eggs while mini-Banana birds go inside the shells and peck at the characters? It's game-related, at least.
meh, maybe she could throw kiddy at people with her hair or something

Diddy&Dixie4evr

Smash Apprentice
How about she uses the banana birds from DCK3, kind of like pit except the bird don't die after they hit. The Birds flock around and peck at the other players, but it does little damage, and the birds usually stick together as, well birds usually do that, but the finisher is when the big mama banana bird (I don't know the name) swoops and does as much damage as Snorlax, but the bird travels Horizontally across the stage.
This also fits the aspect as the characters strongest attack as you needed the banana birds to beat DKC3 and to finally defeat K.Rool in the game.

Speedwobbles223

Smash Apprentice
How about she uses the banana birds from DCK3, kind of like pit except the bird don't die after they hit. The Birds flock around and peck at the other players, but it does little damage, and the birds usually stick together as, well birds usually do that, but the finisher is when the big mama banana bird (I don't know the name) swoops and does as much damage as Snorlax, but the bird travels Horizontally across the stage.
This also fits the aspect as the characters strongest attack as you needed the banana birds to beat DKC3 and to finally defeat K.Rool in the game.
That sounds interesting. She used the space rocketship at the end of DKC3, dunno if it would be useable, but just adding some input.

Diddy&Dixie4evr

Smash Apprentice
That sounds interesting. She used the space rocketship at the end of DKC3, dunno if it would be useable, but just adding some input.
Maybe it can be used as an item, you throw it on someone they get stuck in the rocket, and the rocket blasts off and blow up, it can also hurt enemies above the rocket when it launches.

Speedwobbles223

Smash Apprentice
Bump, lets get some more discussion going on here again.

DKC 3 was just added to virtual console recently, I bought it :]

Top Bottom