• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ditto added in SSBB

MARIOWNAGE

Smash Lord
Xx swift xX said:
to add on to the non-playable ditto idea, you could change it's color, and choose between 3 types. Pink would be 1 transformation at the beginning of the match, as explained earlier. Red would be transforming after every fall. Purple would be the craziest. You would transform after every time you get knocked down. This is as in whenever you get hit in a way that causes your character to lie down. You could stop yourself from transforming by teching so you wouldn't lie down. The transformation would only last as long as the lie down, starting as soon as the lie down starts.

intense i love the idea along with ditto in ssbb

phatJacob07

Smash Cadet
I love how people ignore the well thought-out posts on how Ditto would work and just spew their incessant crud about how "omg wtf no wai he'd b brok'd and culd liek do stuff to liek b cheep gai lawlz."

I've said this before, and I'll say it again: Ditto would be a wonderful addition to SSBB; imagine how hectic a 4 person FFA would be with everyone changing chracters after every stock?

I personally think that when he starts the match/returns to the stage, during the little "float on a platform while invincible" frames, he'd transform during that moment. More stylistic than anything, though ^_^.

Numbuh 214

Smash Apprentice
I believe that Ditto could transform at the start of the match and every time you taunt. (It could be a specific button; how are D-Pad directions other than up used?)

I don't, however, think he should look so different; just keep Ditto's face, voice, and life icon.

T Bird

Smash Apprentice
What I want to stop hearing is the OMW he'll take the place of a better charecter... No he wouldn't. If ditto's in it will not take up space. They may worry about time, but they will worry about uniqueness and playability as well. As far as time goes, how hard would it be to make the small transformation animation? Then he would have the same moveset/physics/everything as the imitated charecter. Hardly any time at all. It's deffinitely uniqueish sorta kinda not so much... It's easily playable. In the very least they should include him like a random button. Select ditto and as the match starts he transforms into a random charecter, even if he does stay that way the whole match. You wouldn't have to keep hitting the random button every match and you wouldn't need to worry about those abnoxious people that won't stop hitting random until they get a char they like. Maybe you could turn some char morphs off too.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
i don't think ditto could work, because the whole time you would have to change into someone else, while myself i like to be one character the whole game.

What pokemon i would like to see is Blaziken and Heracross replacing Pichu and Jigglypuff.

phatJacob07

Smash Cadet
colbusman said:
i don't think ditto could work, because the whole time you would have to change into someone else, while myself i like to be one character the whole game.

What pokemon i would like to see is Blaziken and Heracross replacing Pichu and Jigglypuff.

You don't think Ditto could work because you personally don't like to have a character that behaves randomly? Simply don't use him; give others the option of Dittoy fun.

Your "points," however, are better than some of the arguments I've heard :p.

Jigglypuff deserves a place in smash, since Jiggy is pretty freaking amazing; Pichu deserves a place too, but his clone nature will more than likely assure his boot from the cast. If he's replaced with Blaziken, I'll cry... not that I dislike Blaziken or anything.

;_;

Mega Bulk

Smash Rookie
I actually really like this idea. I can just image him changing halfway through attacks so you move from Link's Twisting attack straight into a load of fists in the face from Kirby. It'd be brilliant. You could also save yourself in tough situations. Imagine, your far off to the side with Kirby and you've used up all your jumps when you suddenly transform into Peach and parasol to safety. A real challenge for serious players but it'd be a blast.

phatJacob07

Smash Cadet
Mega Bulk said:
I actually really like this idea. I can just image him changing halfway through attacks so you move from Link's Twisting attack straight into a load of fists in the face from Kirby. It'd be brilliant. You could also save yourself in tough situations. Imagine, your far off to the side with Kirby and you've used up all your jumps when you suddenly transform into Peach and parasol to safety. A real challenge for serious players but it'd be a blast.
Except for the fact that for balance Ditto only transforms at the loss of a stock.

It's been covered in the past... oh, eight, nine pages? :p

Raghib101

Smash Cadet
Thats a great idea to have ditto with a random character change after each stock goes.It'll be great seeing someone whos so good with a certain character then once one of their stock goes they become a lower tier character which then u can just kick their *** easily.

UNKN{OWN}iXi

Smash Journeyman
_the_sandman_ said:
I know theres been enough topics relating to pokemon characters already. But some people kind of throw out some really unrealistic ideas for characters like Zapados being playable. Some have good ideas like Blaziken.

Ditto really should be a playable character. We're familiar with how he can transform into other characters, and that could add a lot to the gameplay. But he doesn't have to turn into other characters on the screen, he could turn into any character in the game randomly. The player won't have control of this of course. But for each stock Ditto could be a completely different character. Think of it, in a three stock match you could be Mario, then Pikachu, then Fox.

Of course Ditto will keep his pink skin and goofy face when he transforms.

Now I say this because one time I was playing in a Soul Calibur 2 tournament, and I got to the quarter-finals. I versed a kid who used Charade, if you didn't guess hes a character that becomes anyone randomly. And that kid beat me and won the tournament.

So if Ditto really became a character, players who want a real challenge could pick him. They would have to master/know each character. And to use Ditto seriously would be an honor because that would prove you are ridiculously good at the game.

I'm adding my votes for Ditto any way I can. I hope someone else does too because he really should become a character for this game.

That's an awesome idea, so with everything you said in mind, I think Ditto should be put in the game as a last character that they add in because it would be really fun to choose Ditto and have a random character playable during each stock...kudos to you o]

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
My idea of Ditto would be that at the start of a match it would have no A attacks.

It's b attacks would be:

Up b: Transform into player 1
Down b: Transform into player 2
Right b: Transform into player 3
Left b: Transform into player 4

Ditto would not have a taunt, instead it would:

Dpad up: Transform into a character related to the current stage 1
Dpad down: Transform into a character related to the current stage 2
Dpad right: Transform into a character related to the current stage 3
Dpad left: Transform into a character related to the current stage 4

Whenever a transformed Ditto lost a stock it would come back as a Ditto.

Taunting as a transformed Ditto would result in transforming back.

That's my idea of what Ditto should be, traditionally Ditto always transformed into the enemy it was facing, so it should work like this.

The environment tranformation idea is to combat the situation of having two dittos come up against each other.

I think having Ditto like this would really throw the tier list into dissaray because if you came up against a Ditto in a tournament, it would give you the opportunity to use a low tier character against Ditto, at least in some cases (Environmental transformations may combat this)

If the d-pad tranformations were cut, then if two Dittos came up against each other then the environmental transformations would replace the character transformations.

This way you could very much justify mastering a low tier character because if Environmental transformations only occured if it was a Ditto vs Ditto then you could use low tier characters instead.

Read my post a couple of times just in case I lost you =P

Kereokacola

Disco Romance
BRoomer
Sorry, but terrible idea. What a waste.

If I was feeling random, that's what the "Random Character Select" is used for.

Unicyclist

Smash Cadet
When you think about it, if ditto were played in the way you described it, ditto would only appear in the character select screen-Never in battle. He wouldn't really even be a character-Just a picture on the character select that you can pick instead of using random select, like Aeris said.

stancosmos

Smash Journeyman
id rather this be a settings, then a character, like a special Melee. but yeah i could see how thatd be fun. but yeah this idea can be used without ditto, it should just be a mode if anything.

oh and awful idea vyce, everbody would always be ditto if he could just pick what character he wanted to be during the match.

MARIOWNAGE

Smash Lord
what about his taunt changing his form but it took like 5 seconds to perform to make it hard to change, becuase it only worked if you completed the taunt

Edit: i mean in addition to the new life new form rule

Chidosengan

Smash Lord
Man Ditto is already in Melee! How you get him you ask? pick the same character as one of your opponents. There you have it! DITTO!!

MARIOWNAGE

Smash Lord
Chidosengan said:
Man Ditto is already in Melee! How you get him you ask? pick the same character as one of your opponents. There you have it! DITTO!!

lol, but that brings up a good point referances would have to be changes becuase say you were like i beat him in a samus ditto but then the guy you are talking to you is all : ?!?!?! what does that mean and you would have to explain so either ditto's would change names, or a clever, or non-clever name for the character : ditto would have to be brought upon us

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
There's only two dittoes in Melee. The Random Character Icon in Tournament Mode, and his original appearance as a pokeball.

Character Dittoes are just a phrase, they have nothing to do with Ditto except the name.

I like the idea of Ditto, and personally, I'd love his own icon. There could be a Ditto Icon, and a normal Random Character Select Icon, thus, all players would be happy.(Of course, the RCSI wouldn't select Ditto Icon)

Transforming on each stock is smart and keeps it fair. Using the Charade style is both good and smart. If Taunting were to transform him back, he'd have to press another button, but like the Detransform, would take a while. If you failed either one, you'd transform back to the earlier character(thus making players take more risks or giving other "weaker" characters a chance).

That's the way I see it. Great idea, but has to be executed just right.

adonnis85

Smash Apprentice
it would be funny to be playing ditto vs ditto and have one as kirby and the other as falco and stealing falco's blaster with a dittoed kirby then killing the falco and having that ditto respawn as boozer... triple shl...sssooooo sad for boozer ditto... i have thought of having ditto in in this same way for some time... man they better have him in this game

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
An icon takes over another space? Your logic insults us all. I understand that not all are for it, but character space is not in question. It's just how it's done that's in question. The less of Ditto they use for the whole thing, the easier it is. For the most part, he probably won't be available in Single Player.

My idea is that he should be unlockable when all characters are unlocked. That way, you can already choose the rest of the team. Mind you, at that time, you'd gain the random character icon like in Melee. But that's just one way of looking at it.

no. 1 smash daddy

Smash Ace
nah, I don`t agree to much seeing ditto in ssbb, even if he had the same effect like charade does on soul calibur 2, by the way, I never thought there were soul calibur 2 tournaments, I would only kick *** with link in a tournament but I`m not sure.

oh well back to ditto, anyways doesn`t he only transforms to pokemons?, it would be kind of weird seeing him transforming into a character.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
You're kind of correct, no. 1 smash daddy. In the anime(American, at least), he could transform into any object as well. He even transforms into humans(but with a goofy face.) Amongst the two main dittoes shown, one had a goofy face no matter what, and the other one was really small(nicknamed Minidit).

In the games he can only transform into Pokémon, no questions asked.

no. 1 smash daddy

Smash Ace
yeah that`s what I thought, but unless he had special moves like...I dunno, the b attacks could be transformation moves like when you do a b move, you transform into one of the pokemon characters that are gonna be playable, almost like zelda does when she transforms into sheik.

another transformation could be that he transforms into a pokemon that come out from the pokeballs and does the same attack for a limited time.

chalupa

Smash Cadet
NNID
TacoShell
3DS FC
3265-5071-3854
Keta said:
I think Ditto would be much better as a pokemon in a pokeball. Ditto comes out and sits there for about 5-10s? and if he gets hit, the attacker lags while ditto changes forms and does the same attack back to that person.
The truth is Ditto is already in the game as a pokeball but he comes up so rarely no ! ever notices him. he transforms to the same charachter ur using and becomes ur teammate 4 a bit. how i know this? it was in the offical Nintendo stratagey guide.

Doggalina

Smash Lord
Chicagoland (NW Indiana)/Purdue West Lafayette
SOLAR said:
There doesn't need to be more pokemon. Except Supersaiyan Metal Jesus 2000, of course.
Well, it really wouldn't be a new Pokemon, because it would just be any other character. Think Charade from Soul Calibur II. Ditto would just be a "random select" character. I read through some of this thread, and I honestly don't understand how Ditto would be a waste. Actually, I don't see how any character could be a waste. It doesn't matter which charactes are in the game, it'll be great anyway. Besides, there's really nothing you can do to stop characters that you don't like from being in the game.

Iggy K

Smash Ace
This sounds intresting, but I don't think we need it, you could hust have him be the random character box instead of a blank space or question mark, he could also be a pokeball pokemon.

T Bird

Smash Apprentice
ha, eevery time someone posts wow it's a hyperlink to world of warcraft... funny. Ur right, I never have seen ditto. i'll have to check him out with AR, oh, if you don't like pokemon in the game, turn off pokeballs.

06Falcon

Smash Journeyman
Chicago Illinois. but I like mexico better :P
commonyoshi said:
You wish. Pokemon is more popular than Zelda right now. Let the good times roll.
yeah, yoshi's right. though i dont think ditto would be a good addition. i mean, he copies abilities like kirby, but he would end up being the exact same character that he copies. to me it just seems kinda pointless because you can just choose the character before the match. the potential i see for him would be in 4 player matches, where he could copy any player and then after a while if the ditto player gets bored he could just change into someone else, but in single 1 on 1 matches its kinda pointless, but if they make it work then go ahead.

Silpheed

Smash Journeyman
Anyone who wants Ditto in this game is a ******. And that one guys topic on "Flint & Boney" is just as bad.

06Falcon

Smash Journeyman
Chicago Illinois. but I like mexico better :P
well actually i just though of something. well, i was just remembering the good ol days of the snes playing killer instinct. well, i remembered spinal copied a characters combo midfight by presing down y mid combo, so maybe if ditto dashes and attacks with an A move, he changes into one of the characters that is in the match or maybe the one he is attacking. and the smash attacks are a random character, i dunno, just something that came to mind.. but my first thought stands until something better is brought up.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
Shadow isn't even going to be in Brawl, you're being silly Ninja232.

No more pokemon, especially not ******** ones, which is all the pokemon except Pikachu, Jiggs, and Meowth because they are the most recognizable.

Top Bottom