• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dissention - parking ONLY @ Converse School

GTZ

Smash Ace
NNID
Arctic-Cat
get DrPP in for more hype, since he's going to europe in less than six weeks this event shouldn't conflict the time schedule.
I tried personally inviting him through PM, but he said he couldn't make it to this. maybe some of you guys whom are closer to him and know him better can recommend coming to this event. We already have a few good Melee smashers coming, and it'd be great to have him come along. I know M2K is definitely showing up. That'd be a pretty hype rematch. If anybody wants to send him a PM I'm sure it's ok, I just don't want to bother Dr.PP and come across as pushy. I really do hope he decides its worth the trip though.

RedGamer

Smash Ace
maybe some of you guys whom are closer to him and know him better can recommend coming to this event.
I don't live in NC anymore. I moved out about eight weeks ago and I wasn't able to make any of the four tourneys I've scheduled so I don't really know anyone.

GTZ

Smash Ace
NNID
Arctic-Cat
Brawl last time had 80 people in bracket with half of the time alotment, half the promotions, and not nearly as appealing of a venue. My minimum goal for attendance for Brawl alone is 100 entrants. I am hoping for more and a nice solid 30-40 for Melee, unless some more people say they are coming. Then there are always the locals turning out too.. you can't really predict local hype though.
- GTZ

MetalPat

Smash Ace
since this is only 2 hours from albany, i should be able to get a car load. ill talk to the two people with cars and see if one of them want to drive!

EDIT: scratch that, i have work, but ill still relay the info

GTZ

Smash Ace
NNID
Arctic-Cat
since this is only 2 hours from albany, i should be able to get a car load. ill talk to the two people with cars and see if one of them want to drive!

EDIT: scratch that, i have work, but ill still relay the info
Good stuff!

I am originally from Albany

GTZ

Smash Ace
NNID
Arctic-Cat
a lot of the "hyped" players were personally messaged and invited, just a lot of them didn't decide to rsvp. I assume Melee turnout will still be good though. This is a BIG event.!

eeveee

Smash Journeyman
As much as I'd like to go, I will be unable to attend because I'm in Japan at the time. :] Sorry! I'm sure your event will go wonderfully though.

GTZ

Smash Ace
NNID
Arctic-Cat
As much as I'd like to go, I will be unable to attend because I'm in Japan at the time. :] Sorry! I'm sure your event will go wonderfully though.
thanks! will you be around for my next event august 25th?

** ALSO ** has anyone heard from MattDotZeb recently? I have been trying to reach him for a long time now.

eeveee

Smash Journeyman
thanks! will you be around for my next event august 25th?

** ALSO ** has anyone heard from MattDotZeb recently? I have been trying to reach him for a long time now.
I won't be able to make it for that tournament either. I'll be driving nine hours straight by myself to get back to campus from home. :c I'll keep this in mind if I end up leaving home sooner. As for mdz no idea.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
TC1 how are you getting to this? Driving or by plane? I'm asking cause M2K is looking for a ride from southwest Jersey which should be a long the way.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
Just a ride from after Dissention. Dissention is a huge melee/brawl tourney next week in MA. You canada guys should go. I simply need a good fast way to get there from around MA/CT area (NY port authority could work too, but if im already that north why not just go from there?)

GTZ

Smash Ace
NNID
Arctic-Cat
What day is melee?
both melee and brawl are same day, simultaneously.

so that will be this coming Saturday, June 23rd - be there for venue admittance starting at 9am, last call for registration (ie. doubles for brawl/melee) will be at 10:30am

TeeVee

Smash Lord
Hmm, the announcement of a "shared" day with the melee plebs is rather disheartening.

Top Bottom