• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Discussion] Do NOT update your Wii to System Menu 4.3!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultraxwing

Smash Ace
OH MY ****ING GAWD!!!

noooooo....

my sister updated my wii!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

now i'm screwed =(

THERE HAS TO BE A WAY TO REVERT I DON'T CARE HOW DANGEROUS, THIS WII IS CONSIDRED BRICKED TO ME!!!!
i don't care if it actually goes BRICKED!

i just don't want to lose my homebrew stuff THERE HAS TO BE A WAY!

but what beffudles me is this...

i had it set for a password, i also had it disconnect updates via the channel way, so i can just put a disc in and play. i also disabled wiiconnect 4 both the priiloader way and the nintendo way.

how did she do it you may ask??? she did find ONE way... its a glitch, she accessed the shop channel... <_< some odd reason it updated that WAY! but wiiconnect24 SHOULDN'T UPDATE THAT WAY!!!

i did do ONE thing though. i turned off the internet and reformated the wii i hope this works.

whew disregard this post, if you turn off your internet, and you reformat, mine went back to system menu 3.0U, now i'm lucky i had the 4.2 installer. so i reinstalled homebrew friggin twilight hack lol ancient method, and manually installed wiimenu 4.2 and i'm going to have to reinstall alot of garbage. but atleast i'm saved. because reformatting the wii sets it back to its factory state. mine was a 3.0U. so for you guys who are unfortunate try this out IT FIXED MY GARBAGE. ofcourse i coudn't back up Monster Hunter Tri but darn it! if a wii haz no homebrew its useless.

Revven

FrankerZ
Odd. I heard a few cases that once people reinstalled HBC (Smash Stack, Indiana Pwns, Bannerbomb beta), it was deleted on the next boot.
Well yeah, it doesn't allow you to reinstall it, you have to change the title ID of the HBC in order for it not to be removed. It's standard practice that Nintendo doesn't allow you to reinstall it either... I thought it was common sense so I didn't add that into my post. You either have to use Smash Stack with the application you want to use (Riivolution, Gecko OS) or wait for HackMii to be updated to work with 4.3 to install HBC.

Nintenden

Smash Cadet
Well yeah, it doesn't allow you to reinstall it, you have to change the title ID of the HBC in order for it not to be removed. It's standard practice that Nintendo doesn't allow you to reinstall it either... I thought it was common sense so I didn't add that into my post. You either have to use Smash Stack with the application you want to use (Riivolution, Gecko OS) or wait for HackMii to be updated to work with 4.3 to install HBC.
No, this problem was never with 4.2, 4.1, 3.4, all the updates which did nothing, really.

sonicmaster5000

Smash Apprentice
stack smash does work on 4.3, but the hackmii installer fails.

Nintendo might be too careful in terms of piracy. I think the next real update (5.0?) should contain the following:
Music channel similar to Nintendo DSi sound app.
Ability to play Virtual Console games online.
Printer channel: print snapshots.

Is there a way to use Gecko via Stack Smash directly and won't freeze brawl? If so, then I'll use that since I technically only use HBC for brawl hacks lol.

Fakescaper

Smash Cadet
Funny... I keep wiiconnect24 and all those other options ON all the time and never get updated without updating the wii myself.

Revven

FrankerZ
Well of course, people are just paranoid incase the day comes Nintendo forces an update on people. Plus, people have other family members that use the Wii and they may not want them to update so as a precaution turn off wiiconnect24.

Nintenden

Smash Cadet
Or use software that blocks updating from Nintendo and update the Shop"lifting" Channel.

pokelover980

Smash Ace
Well of course, people are just paranoid incase the day comes Nintendo forces an update on people. Plus, people have other family members that use the Wii and they may not want them to update so as a precaution turn off wiiconnect24.
This, I have other family members who would update as soon as they saw the disk drive on the Wii blinking while it's not on or when they get that message on the Wii channel saying to update because of the "It removes harmful things and performs background tasks to make your Wii" bull****.

Nintenden

Smash Cadet
This, I have other family members who would update as soon as they saw the disk drive on the Wii blinking while it's not on or when they get that message on the Wii channel saying to update because of the "It removes harmful things and performs background tasks to make your Wii" bull****.
Place a parental lock on your Wii. It'll take them a while to guess the password (my parents don't know I installed one. Two years ago) and it blocks updates the safe way. WITHOUT HACKS!

pokelover980

Smash Ace
Place a parental lock on your Wii. It'll take them a while to guess the password (my parents don't know I installed one. Two years ago) and it blocks updates the safe way. WITHOUT HACKS!
My way also blocks updates in a safe way. WITHOUT HACKS!

Also, placing a parental block on the Wii would be stupid because everyone in my house uses the Wii and would flip out the second they found out there was a parental lock on it :U

Nintenden

Smash Cadet
Not hacking in the first place? And your family is weird, my parents would just question me.

Batandy

Smash Apprentice
As a tip i suggest you to wait for metroid other m, epic yarn etc. at that time , we'll have workaround and you can skip the update or doing it without losing the hacking ability.Like i did with the 4.2 : i upgraded a month ago with mario galaxy 2 and the HBC to the new version

Nintenden

Smash Cadet
NSMBWii wants an update for some reason, but with some tools that may not be allowed to post here, it stopped asking. So should the other games.

Sr. P & R

Smash Apprentice
I'm glad I stopped updating a while ago. I'm still running an updated LoZ HBC on 4.0.

As for my technologically challenged friend, I'm lucky he doesn't have Wi-Fi access. If so, he would be calling me saying I DONT NOEZ WHAR MAH HOMBREWZ ARE, TELL MEH HOW 2 GET DEM BAK!!11!ONE!! I would have to tell him he has to wait until the newest version comes out, and once it does spend an hour on the phone walking him through every single step of the entire process.

Unfortunately, once games with the update start coming out, it will be quite inevitable due to his 8 siblings :(

Anybody else have this problem? :p

Hozu

Smash Journeyman
There are ways to block updates from ever occurring. If a future game requires an update for a required file, that can be added some other way. Sorry for being vague about this but I probably have to be.

JediKnightTemplar

Smash Lord
I know that you can block disk updates through priiloader and I also remember if you run at least NSMBW through Gecko OS it bypasses the update. Whether the second method works for other games is unknown to me.

Nike.

Smash Hero
I'm currently running 3.4 (I guess that's super old???). I use the internet channel. However, I cant watch youtube videos because the channel needs a flash update.

Anyway I can update flash and still use homebrew?

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
It's been a month since Nintendo's update, so I'm unstickying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom