• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Discourage to play Bowser?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Yea when the Marth looks on in shock as his awesome high tier character gets beaten by the kutest dragonturtlesaur

JesusFreak999

Smash Rookie
mastering Samus is crazy hard
Hmm, I agree. But I think that goes along with the other 24 characters as well.

Anyway, I'm sure Bowser can be very fun to use. ^_^ I was never really a Bowser user, nor a fan of playing as him but I think if you get good enough with any characters....without giving ridiculous circumstances, that you can beat anyone regardless of characters. Of course beating a top-ranked Fox or Falco with Bowser would be near impossible, that's the thing.

So I would use Bowser if I had the most fun with him. For competitive play...maybe not the best choice.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
new jesusfreak poster

you do realize theres already a smasher who goes by JesusFreak right?

just letting you know, you might want to change your name so people dont get confused.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
oh btw kingjiggywiggy, i should post this elsewhere but whatever

ok so i tried the fortress cancel thing the other day, and your tech thing works, but i cant see it being used more usefully than the standard hogging methods i alreayd use, the reason it works (at least from the few times i used it) is because it slows you down initially, you never build enough momentum to go off the edge to fast.

basically its like shorter ranged and a little slower, still its a good find in that nobody had pointed it out before, but its basically like a lowered speed fortress cancel that i already use

the angle you specify isn't required, but it does work, you just have to slow yourself down.

SoCalLove

Smash Cadet
Alright, well I'm trying to pick between DK and Bowser to main. Anyone have any recommendations? I understand you guys will probably be a bit biased but...any help would be appreciated and a breakdown of each would be nice.

Let's hear what you gotta say!

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
i recommend you watch my videos, and you watch bum's videos, then you play the game with friends and use both, and whoever you just naturally progress to use that character

SoCalLove

Smash Cadet
Alright, thanks. I must admit, Bowser is very fun and his Fortress makes me giggle with joy everytime. :) But DK's U-Air just kills...

St. Viers

Smash Champion
no, because DK's is like :OMG, I keep being combo'ed. Boozers is like: ZOMFG, I got hit once somehow and now I'm dead. I thought it was too laggy to actually use, $#!+!"

I'd say use doc, but apparently you gave up on him already...:)

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Apologies to King that it works then.. I still can't get it to work though and i'm just sticking with the standard one no offense :)

Umpy

Smash Apprentice
i love the b00zer fourms. they are awesome.
:] everything is so off topic.
but on topic i would pick a charcter that matches your personality. i picked as my main and secondary the two goofyest charcters in the game. GAW and Luigi. they match my personallity.

SoCalLove

Smash Cadet
G&W is another I here that is surprisingly underrated but I haven't really given him any play time. Maybe...just maybe... :)

HideousBeing

Smash Ace
no, because DK's is like :OMG, I keep being combo'ed. Boozers is like: ZOMFG, I got hit once somehow and now I'm dead. I thought it was too laggy to actually use, $#!+!"

I'd say use doc, but apparently you gave up on him already...:)
After playing against Bowser, I think the reason people actually get hit by the u-air is it's very inconspicuous. Unlike, for example, DK's blatant fair, which screams at you, "HEY, LOOK WHAT I AM ABOUT TO DO IN A RIDICULOUSLY LONG TIME!" Well, Bowser's is just a hardly noticeable shift in his movement and then BAM! :psycho:

Zhilo

Smash Apprentice
After playing against Bowser, I think the reason people actually get hit by the u-air is it's very inconspicuous. Unlike, for example, DK's blatant fair, which screams at you, "HEY, LOOK WHAT I AM ABOUT TO DO IN A RIDICULOUSLY LONG TIME!" Well, Bowser's is just a hardly noticeable shift in his movement and then BAM! :psycho:
Bowser: Ninja of the Mushroom Kingdom

brawlpro

Smash Master
Florissant, St. Louis, MO Tech Skill: Over 9000
I'm debating between Dr. Mario, Jigglypuff, Peach, and Bowser.
All of those r tough choices. ur best bet is doc cause ppl can get to a high level wit him. I use fox:enforcer:, falco, and marth. my main is fox cause i've used him since smash 64. besides, since brawl is comin out, u shouldn't try and pressure urself in melee(thats just my opinion). but still u can if u want to. the easiest character for me to get great wit was marth. i ont kno why, he was just super easy to get good with!

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I don't know.. i find it annoying to be called Dawg.. it's just a pet peeve of mine

Yo good **** to WA huh, everyone of them are still in sans gimpy

brawlpro

Smash Master
Florissant, St. Louis, MO Tech Skill: Over 9000
peach is a higher tiierr then doc. here's an advice if u wanna learn more about char before pikin them go to : www.smashwiki.com
hopefully u were talkin to me, if not, read it anyway :I know bout that site!:crazy:
Peach and Doc seem to b a lil evened out to me so i just chose the character that was easiest and fastest to learn with, who was the Doc(at least for me it was doc)

To The Creator of this thread, listen to edgeswipe21, smashwiki.com will explain erythin!

Gannondorf the fifth

Smash Apprentice
I suggest picking anyone, honestly, learning the basics behind the game, learning the advanced techs by doing your homework, seriously try to master what you can and you'll find your own character. I main with gannon and samus. If i had to pick somebody totally neutral and great for starters, hell, mario is probably the best choice lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom