• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Disc Error

SSBBGamer91

Smash Rookie
I've experienced some disc errors with this game in various modes, mostly in single player modes. I've had a few disc errors on Challenge 6 on Hard and in Classic mode at various stages. My disc is clean after it prompts me to check the disc after the error message. Anyone else have this error and/or does anyone know how to prevent this? This only occurs with this game.

Mashour2

Smash Apprentice
I'm no expert at disks, but it could be something you cleaned it with. Or it could be a manufacturing error which means you can return it for a new one if the warranty hasn't expired.

SSBBGamer91

Smash Rookie
I'm no expert at disks, but it could be something you cleaned it with. Or it could be a manufacturing error which means you can return it for a new one if the warranty hasn't expired.
Ya, if it freezes more frequently and I still have a warranty on it, then I'll send it back, but right now it only freezes every once and a while. It's just frustrating when I'm halfway through classic mode and I get the error screen.

Dragoomba

Smash Lord
This has been happening to a lot lately. I was one of them, you usually end up having to send it back to Nintendo. But I think the new lense cleaner should fix it.

randomselect

Smash Cadet
"For the Wii, Nintendo extended the technology to use a full size 12-cm, 4.7/8.54 GB DVD-based disc (RVL-006), enabling it to have the benefits of the Nintendo GameCube Game Disc, while having the standard capacity of a double-layer DVD-ROM. Although the Wii can utilize double-layer discs, all titles were single-layer up until the release of Super Smash Bros. Brawl. With the release of Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Nintendo has admitted that some Wii systems may have trouble reading dual-layer discs due to a dirty laser lens. Nintendo is repairing systems with dual-layer problems."

Taken form Wikipedia. Do you think this is the problem?

SSBBGamer91

Smash Rookie
"For the Wii, Nintendo extended the technology to use a full size 12-cm, 4.7/8.54 GB DVD-based disc (RVL-006), enabling it to have the benefits of the Nintendo GameCube Game Disc, while having the standard capacity of a double-layer DVD-ROM. Although the Wii can utilize double-layer discs, all titles were single-layer up until the release of Super Smash Bros. Brawl. With the release of Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Nintendo has admitted that some Wii systems may have trouble reading dual-layer discs due to a dirty laser lens. Nintendo is repairing systems with dual-layer problems."

Taken form Wikipedia. Do you think this is the problem?
It could be. Lately I haven't had any problems with the game freezing. Maybe it's because I got the Wii update. It sounds simple but I think it fixed the problem.

Kraryo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SrirachaJoe
3DS FC
4124-5128-1575
Brawl is a double-layer disk because of the SSE.:mad:

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
I took my wii apart and cleaned all the dust out of it and my disc errors stopped...but i don't suggest voiding your warranty (unless it's already over i guess lol)

Schwaumlaut

Smash Apprentice
I've experienced some disc errors with this game in various modes, mostly in single player modes. I've had a few disc errors on Challenge 6 on Hard and in Classic mode at various stages. My disc is clean after it prompts me to check the disc after the error message. Anyone else have this error and/or does anyone know how to prevent this? This only occurs with this game.
Do you smoke or otherwise live in an area with lots of airborne particulate matter? Dust on the laser's lens can screw up its ability to read dual-layer discs.

Random Question

Smash Cadet
I've just had problems when i put the disc in and try to start it up. It will say unreadable disc, and the disc is perfect. The only place where my game freezes or skps is the substation emissionary on the cg scenes. Maybe its the wii?

misterpimp5757

Smash Ace
this happened to mii too. if you guys have played the whole SSE, when i go through the door to fight tabuu the game freezes. and if i use certain characters such as jiggly, boozer, ike, and pit the game will freeze.

there was 1 scratch on my disc extremely deep. i went to go get it cleaned but turns out i wasted 2 dollars.

so i had to resell the game to gamestop and then buy a new one. thank goodness the game was sold for $35 so i only wasted 15. i guess this has nothing to do with the topic though lol.

SSBBGamer91

Smash Rookie
It hasn't frozen lately so I don't know what it was. Maybe my Wii had to warm up to reading double layer disks?

Minwu

Smash Journeyman
I lol'd.

From a technical point of view, the amount of space that Metaknight, the tripping character frames, and the SSE take up is just enough to warrant making it a double-layer.

Ironic huh? lulz
You forgot the time limit for replays, With Anyone, the Online Practice Stage, and Chronicles.

Lemonwater

Smash Ace
Maybe something is up with your Wii, perhaps stuff got inside or something. Or maybe it needs to be sent to be repaired.

My friend's little bro had a similar problem and he called them and it turned out he needed to send the Wii in. Something about a laser problem. He sent it in and it was repaired for free, then sent back about 2 weeks later.

SSBBGamer91

Smash Rookie
It was only with that game though and once at the Wii menu it wouldn't read discs, but now it's fine.

Dannibis

Smash Rookie
lucky you
i sent it in once and then a couple months after i got it back it started dre'ing again
fortunately we got a smash dedicated wii soon after lol

Top Bottom