• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Din's Fire has a NEW ATTRIBUTE; Overview of her B moves

rageagainst

Smash Journeyman
-According to the video shown in http://www.gametrailers.com/player/29932.html

Sure Din's fire's hitboxes are enourmously bigger,but notice its affect at 3:50.

From previous videos we know zelda turns red and emmits flames when casting din's fire but according to the video, Din's fire does damage to the person standing NEXT to zelda when she casts it, as BOTH pikachu and Ike got burnt by it at 3:50, pikachu was close to the ball, while Ike was close TO ZELDA.

This could be the savior of Din's fire as it is now a competitively useable moves, because unlike before it doesn't leave zelda wide open when using it.

-Naryu's love seen on http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EPCxdEihxM at 3:00 has a much smaller crystal but is much less laggy beforehand and afterhand. According to famitsu translations the shards around zelda and the CRYSTAL ITSELF deal damage, meaning that during the move, Zelda is shortly INVINCIBLE , and would also anser why the crystal is smaller :p. I can see this move becoming useful.

-The aftereffect of farores wind, where it flashed at where zelda was supposed to appear, was sadly removed in the more recent 5:00 video, I think partly because they knew sheik users would use the move too and it would be counterproductive to balance if you help sheik out :p. Now it just looks the same but faster than before. We can only speculate whether or not it will do more effective damage while casting it. Its ok if this move hasn't been made too much better at all though, it DEFINATELY was one of her more useful specials in melee.

Arean

Smash Ace
dont forget that she can control the angle when she casts it immediately.. unlike in melee wherein she can change angle WHEN it gets distance

Arean

Smash Ace
sorry for double post... i guess ur dins fire attribute speculation is wrong... ike got hit by marios fire ball when dins fire was released...

Pit_y

Smash Cadet
Did anyone notice in that same vid that Zelda's Farore's Wind gets her the same distance as Zamus's two jumps?
Well... sort of.. That's quite nice ^^

Chepe

Smash Lord
All this great stuff coupled with Zelda's forward aerial getting buffed... This is just so great for sole Zelda players! She looks like she will be competitive this time. :)

Arean

Smash Ace
i guess not... its buffed... yay! and if u noticed... sheik needs more percentage to kill mario hahaha soo funny

S2

Smash Lord
-According to the video shown in http://www.gametrailers.com/player/29932.html

Sure Din's fire's hitboxes are enourmously bigger,but notice its affect at 3:50.

From previous videos we know zelda turns red and emmits flames when casting din's fire but according to the video, Din's fire does damage to the person standing NEXT to zelda when she casts it, as BOTH pikachu and Ike got burnt by it at 3:50, pikachu was close to the ball, while Ike was close TO ZELDA.

This could be the savior of Din's fire as it is now a competitively useable moves, because unlike before it doesn't leave zelda wide open when using it.

-Naryu's love seen on http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EPCxdEihxM at 3:00 has a much smaller crystal but is much less laggy beforehand and afterhand. According to famitsu translations the shards around zelda and the CRYSTAL ITSELF deal damage, meaning that during the move, Zelda is shortly INVINCIBLE , and would also anser why the crystal is smaller :p. I can see this move becoming useful.

-The aftereffect of farores wind, where it flashed at where zelda was supposed to appear, was sadly removed in the more recent 5:00 video, I think partly because they knew sheik users would use the move too and it would be counterproductive to balance if you help sheik out :p. Now it just looks the same but faster than before. We can only speculate whether or not it will do more effective damage while casting it. Its ok if this move hasn't been made too much better at all though, it DEFINATELY was one of her more useful specials in melee.
Awesome stuff dude. I loved Zelda in Melee. Its good to see her get some buffs.

Din's fire was way too situational before. Essentially its only use was casting in the air so you could get closer to the edge while chasing opponents who were off the stage. Even then with DI and predictions, it was hard to hit and only midly effective.

K Balls

Smash Journeyman
i heard that zeldas jumping forward a, and jumping back a does better damage than it did in melee well thats what i just heard. But zelda is looking great so far i hope she will be better. Also from what i seen dins fire blows up faster now. I dont know how long it takes to blow up when it hits the ground.

Arawanach

Smash Apprentice
I just watched the vid like 3 times. Mario shoots a fireball at the same time that Zelda cast Din's Fire. It was Mario that hit Ike, not Zelda
that's right... I saw it to... Mario's fireball hit Ike at the same time that Zelda hit's Pikachu...

but it's easy to see wrong about something... I tought that Tails was in Brawl... but actually it turned out that it was Bowser... but when Bowser was flashing... he looked like Tails...

S2

Smash Lord
i heard that zeldas jumping forward a, and jumping back a does better damage than it did in melee well thats what i just heard. But zelda is looking great so far i hope she will be better. Also from what i seen dins fire blows up faster now. I dont know how long it takes to blow up when it hits the ground.
Its true supposedly. According to Famitsu, her b/f-air kills at 68% (non DIed on FD).

Somehow though I don't think she's going to be a magnet for new players. Unless she's broken, she isn't really the character most people gravitate to.

Of course, if she does get popular old Zelda fans will probably scoff at the new players (since we played Zelda even though she sucked in Melee). We know who we are, the Zelda melee board is fairly small.

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
Its true supposedly. According to Famitsu, her b/f-air kills at 68% (non DIed on FD).

Somehow though I don't think she's going to be a magnet for new players. Unless she's broken, she isn't really the character most people gravitate to.

Of course, if she does get popular old Zelda fans will probably scoff at the new players (since we played Zelda even though she sucked in Melee). We know who we are, the Zelda melee board is fairly small.

I agree.
Her buffs are most likely only a plus to Zelda mains of Melee. She'll probably pull in a few new players, but not a group, like Sheik did n in Melee. I'd hate for Zelda to become n00b friendly like Sheik was in Melee though >.>
It would be incredibly annoying to see everyone and their mother select Zelda in online play xD

Luthien

Smash Ace
I agree.
Her buffs are most likely only a plus to Zelda mains of Melee. She'll probably pull in a few new players, but not a group, like Sheik did n in Melee. I'd hate for Zelda to become n00b friendly like Sheik was in Melee though >.>
It would be incredibly annoying to see everyone and their mother select Zelda in online play xD
Haha. Noobs will never play as Zelda. "Sweet-spotting? That's stupid!"

Seriously, Zelda is a far more complicated character than Sheik. Noob logic: Complicated = hard = bad. Take a look at noob Fox strategy: F-smash. F-smash. F-smash. F-smash. Roll. F-smash. F-smash. F-smash. Lazer. F-smash. F-smash.

Yeah, Zelda's not getting a huge group. The ratio will always be 7:2 (Sheik:Zelda).

Iris

Smash Ace
Din's Fire really does need that attribute though, since small explosions appear in front and behind her while casting it.

Drake3

Smash Ace
I'd hate for Zelda to become n00b friendly like Sheik was in Melee though >.>
Seriously. If every idiot who only plays as the overpowered, broken mutant went flying to my main, I'd have to give it up and move to a new one. I want Zelda to be complicated but worth it.

And rageagainst, you really should change the topic title.

Arawanach

Smash Apprentice
the most unlikely charcter to be controlled by n00bs must be Ness, I supose... he's moveset is actually very complicated... omg, I would love to play agains someone who main Lucas or Ness... just because if your good with any of them... then I think that person would be very challenging...

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
lol? so many noobs since brawl drew close xD
Zeldas fair and bair didnt really need buffing - theyre the sole **** moves she had in melee as it is. What she needed was a more reliable basic A game, and a grab that was landable on people who actually move lol.

Luthien

Smash Ace
Have you guys seen any of the Zelda videos?!
Her Dins Fire looks awesome!
Yeah, I never imagined it could be the way it is. It's actually a decent move now! All of it's problems (size, speed, startup/fire/lag time) seem to have been either fixed or improved. And after seeing that other video with the decent Zelda, you can actually tell what the buffs are! Zelda can RUN now!

Oh, and I love the matrix-like pause after the sweet-spotted kicks for effect!

Spellweaver

Smash Cadet
Honestly, it looks like Din's Fire actually gets larger the longer you charge it down. I'll try to find the video where it was most noticeable. God, I can't wait to play Zelda (again)!

Luthien

Smash Ace
About Din's Fire: does anyone know if it will cancel out if you come to an edge, like Link's up-b recovery does? In Melee, if you don't release the fireball three seconds (or close) before coming to the ledge, you won't grab it. Suiciding because of that is annoying. Does anyone know if they fixed that?

Stiputation

Smash Journeyman
Oh yes! More Zelda footage.

I really didn't care for the black Zelda outfit. She looked fat =p

Drake3

Smash Ace
I really didn't care for the black Zelda outfit. She looked fat =p
I was definitely going to say it a bit nicer <_<. But I was going to ask if anybody else seemed to think that Witch Zelda carried a much...larger presence.

K Balls

Smash Journeyman
zelda is beautiful and looks really good in brawl i like how now when you teleport zelda and your name disappears, unlike melee where it shows your name.

Top Bottom