• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diminishing Returns

Zaphod Beeblebrox

Smash Rookie
So Zelda and Sheik are essentially above any and all diminishing returns in the game. Simply transform from Zelda to Sheik to Zelda and any diminishing returns you've accumulated with Zelda have been wiped.

Don't believe me? Go jump into an infinite time limit game and diminish Sheik's forward smash down to 8% (total damage with both hits). Wait about 5 seconds and use it again. It will do roughly between 8 and 10%.

Kill yourself and diminish the forward smash back to 8% and then take the 5 seconds to transform to Zelda and then back to Sheik.

Now do her forward smash and witness the full 14% glory that is a clean slate of diminishing returns.

Zelda is quickly becoming my favorite character in Brawl.

-Z

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
Yeah you're moved won't be stale if you switch to sheik because you'll lose a stock during that 5 second waiting period. Lose your stock, come back and all your moveset is refreshed! Pretty sweet..hehe, but seriously..it's wayyyy too long to be useful, unless you're in a camper friendly level.

Ledger_Damayn

Smash Ace
Zelda and Sheik have generally effective ways for regenerating their attacks anyway.

Sheik has her Utilt (amongst other attacks), and Zelda has Dtilt and Din's Fire spam to restore her kill moves. Pretty simple.

The Transform thing has been known since the stale-moves thing was discovered, but it's not really possible to use in a real battle. Barely even with a Star KO. ESPECIALLY if you're not good at using both Sheik and Zelda.

outofdashdwz

Smash Lord
From the title, I thought this thread was going to apply economic concepts of marginal returns and opportunity cost to Zelda <_<

Actual application of the transformation to this effect is highly risky. I'd just go with previous posters and vary up your attacks.

popsofctown

Smash Champion
i think the point of the transform is that you can counterpick characters without counterpicking characters.. actually i dont think it was meant for any blending at all. But the counterpicking thing is the main thing you can do with it

Justice7541

Smash Apprentice
I'm not going to set myself up for a fully-charged FSmash just to refresh the damage scaling on one move when I could just wait it out. It's not like Zelda doesn't have a crapton of KO and damage moves already and I absolutely must have that FSmash.

Also, does anyone know if it counts towards stale moves if the attack doesn't actually hit, i.e. if I spam Snake's UpSmash for edgeguard cover?

Ledger_Damayn

Smash Ace
I'm not going to set myself up for a fully-charged FSmash just to refresh the damage scaling on one move when I could just wait it out. It's not like Zelda doesn't have a crapton of KO and damage moves already and I absolutely must have that FSmash.

Also, does anyone know if it counts towards stale moves if the attack doesn't actually hit, i.e. if I spam Snake's UpSmash for edgeguard cover?
I'm pretty sure attacks that entirely miss don't count. But attacks that miss into a shield or something (not sure about air-dodge or spot-dodge) do count.

Top Bottom