• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DIME 7 Results 1/11

WaterlessFishie

Smash Journeyman
shout outs

firstly i apologize to anyone who dropped out of the bracket due to time constraints. in retrospect i should've just ran a straight bracket but hindsight is 20/20, right? and i apologize to anyone i'm about to forget in these shout outs, a lot happened on saturday and my memory is hazy lol. so with that in mind:

everyone who came to my house to finish the tournament - means a lot to me you guys came to my place to finish what we started. there were people who even came just to watch and be awesome.

DALLAS - YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME. How did we get 84 people to fit in half of that store? i don't get it. **** was crazy. we're leveling up so hard i'm mad impressed with everyone. when did everyone get better than me. :c

Tai - couldn't have done it without you. you're the secret to everything working on saturday and you probably did more actual TOing than i did. and on top of that, you were sick. AND on top of that you kicked some ass to take 4th place. you're the man. i can't thank you enough for all of your help on saturday. also you held it down vs arc. super proud.

Will - too bad you won't be able to use my controller all of the time :p when you beat JF i was like yesssssss DFW gunnin for ******

Cameron - omg your set with mojo was tiiight. thanks for entertaining guests at my crib while i closed the store lol.

Tadeo + Rich - wow you guys have gotten so much better. if it wasn't for the fests at your guys' place the scene would be like half of what it is lol. thanks for being awesome and offering to take the tourney to your place if it needed. you guys rock.

PTJon - thank you so much for recording everything. it's going to be so sick when those vids get on youtube. videos on youtube make tournaments like 100x better. then the rest of the world can see it too instead of the tourament memories being lost in time.

Xori - those pictures are awesome. thanks for taking them and congrats on making bracket. also thanks for coming to my crib to finish the tourney and chill with everyone.

sadboys - keeping it emotional as always. you guys are reeally good and it definitely showed. thanks for coming back to the scene and kicking ass and being awesome people in general. congrats on the placings. mad impressed.

Zach - you're so good and so young i'm jealous. i'm glad you've got the fire for melee again. next time this happens make sure you keep your mom updated lol. thanks for helping me pack **** up on sat.

Hamlin - i had a feeling when tai and i put you against king the dino would pull through. :) that yoshi is so sick congrats on all of your MM wins

Gentle Breeze - congrats on making bracket, but i'm sorry you couldn't make it. looks like you're way better, plus you're controller looks sick as ****.

SAN ANTONIO - crew battle next time.

Nike - you're awesome for driving. i regret not getting to play with you at all but maybe it's better that you didn't crap on me lol. thanks for all of your help on saturday and thank you for running the pool. you're chill as **** and thanks for all the nice words about the tourney, it means a lot.

Chris - you're chill as **** and your falco is really good. sucks you weren't at 100% in our friendlies sat night but it was like 4:30 am and you had been playing melee like all day lol. i was fressshhhh. thanks for all kind words and GGs

King - wow sick combos with marth. caught me off guard at first so i had to start actually trying to keep up lol. GGs man

Zhea - you're chill as ****. i like how you hold fests in SA getting everyone better. you didn't go sleep outside when you lost the match though :p

Jesse - you and nike were the only people from SA i didn't get to play with. ****in sucks but i hear you're really good and i saw that link putting in some work. Thanks for all the kind words and thanks for coming up.

Out of City - always indomitable

Arc - wow way to pull through even though you were sick all day. always going to the bathroom and you just looked miserable. you seemed totally different by the end of the night when you were on you ****. melee seems to do that to people lol. grats on the W

Oscar - i could tell you were disappointed with 2nd but you're still mad good. you're always so awesome and chilling with you is always a blast. thanks for coming i'll keep you in the loop about future dallas tournaments.

JF - always coming up to my tournaments. :) thanks for coming and start looking out for dallas. twice in a row dallas took you out of winner's.

Sizzle - nice to meet you. your fox looked super fast omg.

Humbone

Smash Rookie
Mojo: Dude, you're so good. I need to come down and hang with you and Austin (the one that lives in Houston) soon.

Gloomstick: Congrats on the placing! Thanks for sticking around afterwards. Needs to be a tradition.

Mew: I had no clue you were sick. Nice job, man. I can't wait for you to come to UNT. Denton shall rise above North Dallas.

yung pout: Thanks for mollywhopping me that first round. You and David are some true OG's. I'm always down to share/receive the love.

Sizzle: Those friendlies were really fun. Can't wait to play again. I learned so much from you. Thanks for all of the advice.

Zhea: My pride still hurts from those falcon punches. I'll try to minimize my scrubiness next time we play.

Tadeo: I can't thank you and Rich enough for hosting all the time. I've gotten so much better since I started going to to y'all's place.

Gabe: You are a saint for being able to run an 84 man tournament without killing anyone.

hamyojo

Smash Ace
^ Thats ****ed up

A good rubiks cube is like a good controller. They are not all equal.
Now I feel pretty bad.
So... I'll explain further now that I'm at home behind a keyboard, at least from my side. So, at about 9 or so, before everyone left FX someone found the Rubix cube. I think they just kinda called out for who's it was and no one answered. A friend got it, then gave it to us (Lunchables/Zach and me) and said something about how the cube was unsolvable because of it being made weird or something. I had no reason not to believe them and I wasn't really paying attention so I started making jokes about how it was demonic. Eventually, that person handed it to Zach and he held on to it with plans to joke more about the demonic cube later. He still had it in his backpack when I took him home at 3 AM and then suddenly took it out and I was acting all scared of it, then I threw it out of my car window and towards Zach's lawn. Earlier he told me he looked for it out there and couldn't find it.
Sorry, neither of us were thinking or assumed it was important and just sorta took it, like when 7 year olds find a toy dinosaur and keeping it for themselves. I'm really sorry, I didn't know and wasn't paying attention or being responsible.

D

Deleted member

Yeah, we we're just given the item and we made a joke about it. We we're never told that it was of importance or that it belonged to anyone, but that still doesn't give us the right to just throw property out and act like dip****s

D

Deleted member

Just go to the Dollar Store and buy some knockoff Cube. It's just like buying a third party controller.

D

Deleted member

That would be a pretty ****ty thing to do.
"Sorry bro, I ran over your 1st party controller with this car but hey heres this madcatz controller I had laying under my bed"

D

Deleted member

That would be a pretty ****ty thing to do.
"Sorry bro, I ran over your 1st party controller with this car but hey heres this madcatz controller I had laying under my bed"
Well, ****. Looks like there's nothing we can do.

image.jpg

BoomStick

Smash Journeyman
Arc - Hell yeah, man. I believed in you! I know of a video that exists from that Kansas tournament. Let me know if you want to see it.

Jesi - Thanks for the beams! I think I got lucky with how the stages worked out. Those Nanapults were a new experience for me. She's going totake off like Arc did!

Oh and Yall clowns is cracking me up with this rubiks cube.

-=Untamed-Beast=-

Smash Journeyman
Additional shout-out to the guy who I happened to be sitting next to when he decides to recite an old Eminem line that prompted me to continue the verse. We bad.

And about that Rubik's Cube, lol guys chill. RedGamer, I will show you a cube only the really cool kids can use. It'll take your game to the next level. Get hyped.

RedGamer

Smash Ace
that cube was in fact a first party cube. bought for me on christmas eve by my friends mom, cost the full $12, and it was the only thing I got for christmas. It's really my fault for being an idiot with it, but that **** was special to me.

And about that Rubik's Cube, lol guys chill. RedGamer, I will show you a cube only the really cool kids can use. It'll take your game to the next level. Get hyped.
I'm starting to get hyped. Now, I kinda wanna come back to dallas for DIME 8 so that I can take people's money to pay for the cube. Get. Hyped.

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
I am way too lazy (and also sick now) to do full shoutouts, but I'll just say I ****ing love all of y'all. Gabe, you did an amazing job working with what you were given. That was no small feat. Dallas, y'all got my attention... I'll be ready next time I come up. I'll post full shoutouts later <3

hamyojo

Smash Ace
If I do a cube match against hamlin, it'll be a Bo5 exhibition cube match with a $6 stake added. no character lock. side bets welcome. I didn't want a standard Bo5 with stakes that high but we might as well make it more hype.
What'cha got, buddy? C'mon, throw a number out

WaterlessFishie

Smash Journeyman
Wow Hamlin he might not make you play yoshi against yoshi's worst mu, what a nice guy.

Also I forgot to shout out Drew and Bluezaft.

play more melee and stay in the scene pleeeease you guys are so good holy ****

PTJon

Smash Cadet
Thanks for the patience guys, Winners, Grands, and Losers Finals are getting uploaded as I'm typing this. If you all haven't already go and subscribe to the Texas Melee Youtube page:
https://www.youtube.com/user/TexasMelee

I'll do my best to upload all of the recorded singles bracket matches tonight, but tomorrow afternoon at the latest.

D

Deleted member

Everyone, lets play campy sheik dittos for the entirety of dbdi 8 therefore all the videos are trash
Err, what? I don't have a pocket sheik.

hamyojo

Smash Ace
Alright, how's this: let's have a Bo7 $10 MM loser buys winner ice cream and must claim that the other city is the greatest city in texas for melee. It's like a one man crew battle, only more hype.
Deal! I'm still open to up it more if you want, but I think honor destruction may be enough to put on the lines.

I'll mm ham next time. My pride won't let it end here
Of course, any time dude :3

Anyone else~?

D

Deleted member

Deal! I'm still open to up it more if you want, but I think honor destruction may be enough to put on the lines.

Of course, any time dude :3

Anyone else~?
I'll probably MM you for a dollar again in the future, so I'm glad I could donate to the cause

PTJon

Smash Cadet
Dont worry Drew, thats the next thing on my list! It'll make things a lot easier if someone could tell me the sets that got recorded and how many games long they were. Its fine if no one remembers, it'd just make things a lot quicker.

Also all of singles bracket was successfully uploaded last night, if i missed something or did something wrong please tell me.

Dr Drew the Dragon

BRoomer
BRoomer
Sets of ours I'm pretty sure got recorded:

GFs set 1: Green team of Marth/Puff (that's Arc/JF) wins 3-1 over blue team of Sheik/Puff (Me/Bluezaft), Arc switches to another character on DK64, maybe Fox

GFs set 2: Blue team of Sheik/Puff wins 3-2 over green team of Marth/Puff, Arc switches to another character on DK64 again, pretty sure it was Peach this time.

WFs: Blue team of Sheik/Puff wins 3-2 (maybe 3-1 but I think it was 3-2) over team of Falcon/Fox (Mojo/Sizzle), Mojo switches to Fox game 2 and stays Fox the rest of the way

WSs: Blue team of Sheik/Puff wins 2-1 over team of Marth/Puff (again Arc/JF). I think I played Fox game 1 in this set actually...

WQs: Blue team of Sheik/Puff wins 2-0 over red team of Marth/Yoshi (Zach/Hamlin). 2 very close games and I was constantly getting styled on by dat Yoshi.

We might've had one more set in the early rounds recorded, I forget. Hope this helps.

Fear

Smash Journeyman
my boy Arc winning the things. jf doing well too.

Last edited:

PTJon

Smash Cadet
I'm working on the doubles videos now, hopefully get them uploaded tonight. I've got a few MMs recorded as well, should I upload them as well?

D

Deleted member

drew you bit off more than you could chew
hamlin eats marth for breakfast, breakfast, and more breakfast

D

Deleted member

how often do these happen and ow many melee entrants have the last few gotten? im interested in coming to one
These DIME tournaments happen monthly and we have an average of 60 or so people per tournament. At the last DIME tournament we had 84 entrants.

are there results threads for those? i may come to the next one or the one after that

edit: nvm, found them. whats the entry fee/payout?

Top Bottom