• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Differences between fox and falco...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7112063&
ok, i was just thinking other than foxes speed and ability to fall faster what seriously makes him a better character???

I find that falcos down and forward smashes, his laser, n air and d tilt are much more useful.

Fox has his shine spike, b air, Uair and the speed aspects but I truly do not see why fox is sooooo much better than that of falco. I think the whole mindgame with Falco is much more effective and he is much more noob friendly due to how easy is SH hop is.

Who do you guys prefer? I just think Fox looks like a homo....and Falco is much more badass looking.

also-Falcos recovery does SUCK

Ares.

Smash Journeyman
These will be for fox. You should not play fox if:

1. You are a slow player by nature.
2. You have slow fingers.
3. You do not think quickly.
4. You do not like winning. It will happen a lot with Fox.
5. You do not want to use high-tier characters. Fox is currently second in the
tiers behind Sheik.
6. You want to be decent quickly. That's why Sheik is here.
7. You think power beats speed every time. Yeah, better think about that
again.
8. You like raw power instead of blistering speed. You should be Ganondorf,
Bowser, or the like.
9. You hate characters with very sensitive controls.

limitbreak

Smash Ace
Two things hold Falco from being the best char in melee (IMO) ....
1)His recovery is awful. Not even comparing it to Fox .. it just sucks.
2)His shine and throw are a bit useless compared to other charcters (chain throws/ shine spiking)

Yoshistar64

Smash Journeyman
5. You do not want to use high-tier characters. Fox is currently second in the
tiers behind Sheik.
Huh? Isn't Fox the best character according to the Tier list?

Also, I think Fox's shine is the best move in the game. It has many purposes, not just shine spiking. There's shining out of every aerial, waveshining, drill infinites, and more. The shine is one of the main reasons that Fox is Top Tier.

Ares.

Smash Journeyman
Huh? Isn't Fox the best character according to the Tier list?

Also, I think Fox's shine is the best move in the game. It has many purposes, not just shine spiking. There's shining out of every aerial, waveshining, drill infinites, and more. The shine is one of the main reasons that Fox is Top Tier.
this is an old list from a fox guide. GG

muesli

Smash Journeyman
Germany, Waldkirch (nobody knows this place)!
2)His shine and throw are a bit useless compared to other charcters (chain throws/ shine spiking)
His shine is very useful, but you're right his throw are crap.

Back to topic:

Fox very fast and good "UP"-attacks like his Up-tilt, Up-smash or his Uair.

Falco medium fast, strong "DOWN"-attacks like his D-Smash for good edgeguard or his well known D-Air.

muesli :)

omG_A_coW

Smash Apprentice
Falco wears eyeliner, fox wears a thing from DBZ *MAD BECAUSE HE CAN'T REMEMBER WHAT ITS CALLED*

Falco does a ballerina spin for a taunt, fox has a british accent (I think).

Geist

Smash Master
Falco has insane combos, as we all know, but it always seems like such a chore to make a quick kill with falco, especially fighting characters that have far horizontal recovery, like peach.
With fox, I've made kills below 20%. His shine combined with his speed is enough to single handedly make him a high tier.

The Star King

Smash Hero
just cuz fox is on the top of the tier list doesnt mean hes better. a pichu can beat a fox if hes good enough. the tier list is determined by tournament wins. it just means more ppl use fox than falco.

differences: shine (tie between usefulness), u-air ( fox is better), up smash (fox is better), side smash (falco), d-air (falco), d-tilt (falco), up-throw ( fox), blaster (falco IMO though some ppl would say tie), recovery (fox, falco's recovery is CRAP), tilt+b (? dunno which is better), speed (fox), coolness (falco). it's a tie 5-5

XACE-K

Smash Master
Fox is faster,has a better recovery,a better up-smash,better up throw and better up air.Falco has a better d-tilt,f-smash but I prefer Falco over Fox.

Bacon Man11

Smash Journeyman
The tier list is purely based on match results people.

The main difference between Fox and Falco would probably be that Fox is a mammal, and Falco is a bird.

xyouxarexuglyx2

Smash Lord
Fox is better because of his recovery mainly.

If you say this is bullcrap, go play a good Marth. B-throw, jab, edgehog = death. Seriously, Falco dies in one or two hits with edgeguarding, and Fox takes like... a lot.

Also, Fox has shinespiking for low percent gimps. Falco doesn't have any gimp techniques except maybe his d-air which is actually really hard to spike someone with. Falco has to work and combo, etc, etc to get kills and everyone else can just get people off the ledge and edgeguard.

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7112063&
haha i like to use both of them as of lately my main characters are

marth
fox
falco

but falco just packs more of a punch for my style of play...his laser packs more of a stun and makes my approach game much easier....I love the speed of fox...but my attacks are not as effective...i want to get better at his uair though...its quite good and pc chris i've noticed works off of it a lot!!!

aMtt

Smash Apprentice
just cuz fox is on the top of the tier list doesnt mean hes better. a pichu can beat a fox if hes good enough. the tier list is determined by tournament wins. it just means more ppl use fox than falco.

differences: shine (tie between usefulness), u-air ( fox is better), up smash (fox is better), side smash (falco), d-air (falco), d-tilt (falco), up-throw ( fox), blaster (falco IMO though some ppl would say tie), recovery (fox, falco's recovery is CRAP), tilt+b (? dunno which is better), speed (fox), coolness (falco). it's a tie 5-5
the tier list has absolutely nothing to do with skill level of the player. of course a professional pichu can beat a terrible fox, but how does that disprove the tier list? why do you think fox wins so many tournaments?

Desruprot

Smash Lord
Falco is heavier, making him fall faster, his attacks pack a little more punch, hmm also he is somewhat slower, his reflector is different ect...

Lavos

Smash Journeyman
Falco combos vertically and then eventually gets to the edge and kills.

Fox combos directly off the edge and into the side. Or he kills vertically. Or he shine spikes.

Fox has options. Falco has pillaring.

Insane-Contrast

Smash Apprentice
Falco gets my vote. Yes bad recovery but Falco's reach is cool. And the SHL ^_^ It's too good. Falco dosn't feel as awkward to play as. Fox players get tired quicked. I tend to camp a little on Falco vs Fox matches. The Fox opponent gets tired. I can play Falco at a high level for a longer period of time than I can do with Fox.

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315

Exactly, although some characters are way better than others in game, your skill does determine the outcome. It's good to have a very non-popular main (you know Spacies), characters like Falcon and Peach are good examples of characters that are good and are non-popular due to their place. If you want to go far you can say Sheik is though. Honestly if you combine Mind games with tactics involving certain moves (like countering jabs with Marth to piss people off) you'll go far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom