• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diddys worst Match Ups?

Searing_Sorrow

Smash Journeyman
Thought this discussion died, Sonic's rolls have 0 priority. If he rolls toward you at all, your side b beats all his options. Bananas are still useful in the m.u when u can get them out. Just respect if he is on the ground he can punish you for pulling one. Squirtle may just be more annoying than actually good, or may end up being our melee (g&w vs samus) similar matchup in p.m. Since this isn't last update, all the characters are subject to nerfs or buffs. Expect sonic to probably get buffs in the next patch and become at least even, and mew two needed nerf downs some. Eventually fox falco and sheik will be fully restored to melee selves when game is finished is my guess. And falco's neutral game is uncontested the best, so not surprising he wins neutral.

Last edited:

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
He definitely loses to :pit:, :sheik: and :mario2:.

:018:
So I haven't fought a good Shiek yet, but after fighting a bad one, I'm tempted to agree with you. It feels very uphill. She combos him hard and moves fast enough to wreck Diddy's ranged game. If he'd been better with needles I'd have had a horrible time recovering.

I'm not convinced about Mario, but Mewtwo is definitely a bad matchup. He can do all his aerials while floating, remember? He has a reflector, amazing wavedash, amazing glide toss, really solid edgeguards on us, can teleport out of Diddy's setups, can teleport in to a Diddy trying to pull naners, and can combo us like we're Fox. Our only real advantage is uthrow kills early.

Haven't played a good Pit yet but I can see why you feel that way. And I still feel Zelda has a slight advantage.

Searing_Sorrow

Smash Journeyman
Maybe its because I mained sheik in melee, but I just can't see this as a bad m.u. if you go gunho she will combo you. no surprise there she combos everyone. Even though her fair is supposed to be the same, it still feels nerfed. She can edge guard very well still, but not too much better than the avg competent Mario. And unless she is under a platform, she Can't really force you to approach her as dominately as she could in melee(baring falco). Just seems so even and bland, sheik with a banana is not threatening, and outside of OOS nair she doesn't standout as much in pm.

Mew two is so bad. He combos for days his approach you have to premeditate up b to stop and its safe. The reflector command grab that leads to combos(way to go pm team -.- ) and then the infinite stall after getting a lead. Sure diddy has movement options to open him up, and if he gets a grab on a mew two at 0% it leads to 36% on a chain throw, but that just isn't enough to make this favorable.diddy's lack of vertical kill moves shine brightly in this matchup Samus and mew two really capitalize on this weakness. His strongest vertical kill moves are an awkward hitting weird d.i hit on forward smash, up smash that hits mostly behind him, and an up throw that kills jigglypuff at the 142% mark on green hill zone(weak d.I) If fair and f smash are nerfed, stronger knock back growth on up throw is a great place to start.

Last edited:

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
Mand if he gets a grab on a mew two at 0% it leads to 36% on a chain throw, .
Which chain throw?

Also, I'm really grateful I have yet to see a Mewtwo player who knows how to use bananas. Mewtwo has like a billion banana control options. He can use all his normal moves with a naner in hand by floating (can't throw naner while floating), amazing wavedash and glide toss, and punishes very hard on trip reads. Plus a reflector, and the option to SH teleport wavedash to take control of any naner on the stage.

Searing_Sorrow

Smash Journeyman
Which chain throw?

Also, I'm really grateful I have yet to see a Mewtwo player who knows how to use bananas. Mewtwo has like a billion banana control options. He can use all his normal moves with a naner in hand by floating (can't throw naner while floating), amazing wavedash and glide toss, and punishes very hard on trip reads. Plus a reflector, and the option to SH teleport wavedash to take control of any naner on the stage.
I had a bunch of matches on twitch , and use the combo on a lot of characters. Up throw jump side b to nair his hurttbox is so massive you grab his tail and go under fair even if he had time to do the move.(down throw to up smash to uair also works on most d.I options) I did it a lot in match, and against larger characters up throw> hop side b > nair > up b. There is a match where I do it on a DDD and dk in the first team sets. Still encourage watching some of the matches for creativity ideas, I am not that bad of a player but suffer from random acts of st.up.id(chillin syndrome). Will warn the timing on those combos is a lot more strict than they look, I missed up b quite a few times, so may start spam mashing it to end the combo.

And in the Zelda match on the second FD match, I showed what I meant by added air mobility, if you look closely, you can see the inputs, but I tend to do it too fast to see the popgun sometimes, but slowed it down. Its great for cross up aerials that are reasonably safe. Even dodges Zelda's up smash. Since the commentator is playing the match, only in game sounds on Zelda vs diddy match. Picture k9 pop offs with some porkchop taunts thrown in, along with some salty run backs in a best of 7. Play escalates after game 1, stages are random.

Last edited:
Top Bottom