• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diddy's running A

mickeyk90

Smash Apprentice
I've seen demos of this and first of all I was glad that they added his running A from Donkey Kong Country

but they should have made the move get more momentum just like in the DKC

what do you think?

SJAK47

Smash Journeyman
The cartwheel seems to have decent range for a dash attack. Hopefully it has some killing power at high percentages.

Machspeed

Smash Lord
Sakurai got Diddy's model down pact from DKC, everything from how he attacks, to how he jumps and I'm pleased.

He should gain momentum like from the game though, the faster you run the faster the cartwheel. (If only you could spam cartwheel like from DKC :p)

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
From the videos, it seems to be an attack conducive to combos with very little knockback. And, like a lot of moves in Brawl, it looks "sticky," such that opponents are often caught in the move and hit with all the... well, hits.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
From the videos, it seems to be an attack conducive to combos with very little knockback. And, like a lot of moves in Brawl, it looks "sticky," such that opponents are often caught in the move and hit with all the... well, hits.

Sauvie

Smash Apprentice
The Cartwheel is just one of the animations that make me glad to be a Diddy fan. I mean his entire moveset that I have seen from his idle standing animation to his Peanut popgun shots are all emulated from the source amazingly. The Jump, Cartwheel, Rocket barrel blast, and even to a lesser extent His grapple looks like his tree climbing animation when you are stationary. I am so glad that the Dash attack is the cartwheel it is almost a joke... Just plain happy about the entire emulation from his past.

Wii4Mii 99

Smash Lord
I've played DKC 1 and 2, and in both games, when you cartwheel off the edge, if you press the A button Diddy Kong will do his jump. This technique was quite useful in getting to far-out platforms.

Can't you do this in Brawl? I think I saw him do it in the Subspace Emissary video from Smashbros.com on Friday. If you can, does anyone think this could be used as an edgeguarding attack/technique? Like...

1) You do the cartwheel and go off the edge to hit someone recovering, then jump back.

2) You do the cartwheel and go off the edge, then jump back towards the edge while doing your dair (hopefully a meteor) or some other attack.

Until wii meet again,
Wii4Mii 99

Machspeed

Smash Lord
He clasps both fists together and strikes straight downward. It can be cancelled.

You can see it in n1c2k3 vs. Lucky's video somewhere in the Diddy forum.

Nicktendo

Smash Ace
well if its cancellable then isnt that a meteor not a spike?

I was under the impression that a meteor is where it can be cancelled (mario fair, yoshi fair, samus dair, captain falcon dair) but a spike (marth dair, falco dair) cant be cancelled because Im pretty sure marths/falcos cant

The Noob Legend

Smash Ace
OMG! That was the coolest thing Diddy ever done xD i remember i used that all the time Diddy > Dixie! and her floating skills
Ah yeah!

I'm thinking of a perfect combo now...

Get hit off the edge
Barrel rockets
Edge grab
Climb to the stage
Airdodge
Running A

BANG!!

K.O

Diddy owns :)
Man, I should start a thread listing all Diddy mainers. :)

Iboid

Smash Apprentice
I'm so glad that it is cartwheel! It'll be great for some methods I though up...

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I almost flipped when I saw him cartwheel. Aw the nostalgia... now if only they added K. Rool... my DKC fanboy heart would be satisfied. Alas, it is not to be.

They gave me his music FOR his ship, but no ship or the kaptain who pilots it. :(

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I almost flipped when I saw him cartwheel. Aw the nostalgia... now if only they added K. Rool... my DKC fanboy heart would be satisfied. Alas, it is not to be.

They gave me his music FOR his ship, but no ship or the kaptain who pilots it. :(
Have faith, fellow smasher. K.Rool and his stuff may most likely appear in the next sequel. At least we have Diddy Kong, Stickerbush Symphony AND the classic DK arcade stage.

Top Bottom