• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diddy's New Spike

ADHD

Smash Hero
I think what happened is he was flying on the ground after the Fsmash and he just hit the banana and "tripped" which for some reason sent him downward. I don't think its anything to get excited about tho.

kkkoala

Smash Cadet
naw it looks like bananas amplify sliding... TL+ditty doubles low % rapage, it apears :)

~^.NoiR.^~

Smash Ace
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZA169EP-mU&fmt=18

OHKO anyone?

I'll test in morning.

Also on Pokemon staduim, you can do the bananna slide fairly easily on some of the sloped places.
He DI'd down. You can tell because when you hit him he went DOWN into the banana. If he DI'd UP then he would have avoided the banana and probably would have had a chance to live. Banana didn't do anything except maybe lower his knockback to be honest.

BurtonEarny

Smash Ace
He DI'd down. You can tell because when you hit him he went DOWN into the banana. If he DI'd UP then he would have avoided the banana and probably would have had a chance to live. Banana didn't do anything except maybe lower his knockback to be honest.
and it gave him a different angle.

xeleion

Smash Apprentice
I don't wanna beat the dead horse ChromePirate and ~^.NoiR.^~ just killed, but I do wanna chime in that I'm pretty sure the same thing would have happened if there was no banana there.

On a side note, I have fsmashed someone and they DIed into a banana and teched the ground at the same time and it caused them to trip and slide across the stage and miss the ledge. Unfortunately, I don't have a video, but I'm hoping that maybe this has happened to someone else as well?

underscore_

Smash Journeyman
Luigi slides after he trips so it might be character specific.

Ive fSmashed, glide tossed a banana behind them, faired them into the banana, to a rA uAir.

CHOMPY

Sinbad: King of Sindria
NNID
Chompy621
yeah if he was DIing away from you or towards you, that would not have happened. Most likely the character would've being flying upward and not downward.

Top Bottom