• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diddy Kong's Fire-Red Nuzlocke Run! [Current location: Vermilion City, 2 Badges, 6 PKMN - 0 Deaths]

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774

Welcome to Jamrock the team Jr. Gong! Careful nature is pretty cool. +Sp.Def means you are a little less likely to die. Special Attack I won't need... THAT much. Only for Bite, but whatever. Am gonna train you now for a bit.

I've used my TM for Secret Power on Jr. Gong, and it has quite nice side effects. 70 Power attack + STAB is a good way to deal some damage right now. And whoa, does it easily take care of all those Spearows, Rattatas and Ekans. Poison hacks have helped me a lot leveling Jr. Gong.

Also, he has picked up a Chesto Berry. And he could've picked up a lot more if I only payed attention to his ability. Oh well, better discover now that much later. I'm gonna check how McLovin is doing though, I miss that dude!

See? I wasn't crazy to go take a look. Well, you can still have him for a while. I'll be... doing some stuff in the meanwhile okay? HOLD ON TIGHT MCLOVIN, I'LL SEE YOU SOON!

So, went back to gind a little near Cerulean, and Jr Gong is level 19 already! Yeah, Secret Power really did some nice stuff. Also, Pay Day is quite awesome to have. I'm making money SON!

So this is where I'm at now. First, I'll be looking into the grass for a new partner. Next step: beat all Trainer's asses and get myself to Vermillion. FINALLY.

So, I beat all the Trainers, went to Vermillion for the first time, healed up at the Pokémon Center and finally... Finally, FINALLY, I got my favorite item in the game: THE VS SEEKER! Just 100 steps, and you can challenge any Trainer again. Just first on these two camper kids. Yeah you two little *******, keep cheering for me. I'LL BE THE CHAMP ONE DAY!

... They certainly where a lot tougher though! Whoa, that girl first only had 3 Pidgeys, all level 15 or so. NOW SHE HAD 2 PIDGEOTTO OF LEVEL 21! Hanky was a bit unprepared, slew one, then got blown away by Whirlwind. WhiteWidow came out, and I didn't want to have him killed, so I took Cloud90 to take over. Finished of the last Pidgeotto with her, then Hanky took over again.

The dude was simple though. Just a Spearow and Raticate again. Loser.

Definitely need to watch out with this thing...

However...

One more level till Hanky finally becomes a Primeape! Damn, I'm gonna miss you as a Mankey. You'll probably need the stat boosts though if you wanna stand a fighting chance. So I'll do my thing, and raise you till the next level. Think I'm gonna do another 100 steps or so and challenge those Campers again. Always fun to rob kids of their money. No?

Evolution time baby! Now only need to face one more Pidgey as Mankey, untill I can break chaos and havock with my new Primeape! Whoa, we've been doing this for quite some time no Hanky? I remember us being scared ****less for Pidgeys, moreso for Pidgeottos, and now look at us!

Been a long time, but now we're here! Proud of ya Hanky! Let's take a look at those stats now, and well, call it a night... Finally.

Some definiate improvement in stats. Am thinking we could even solo Lt.Surge! But let's not make any hasty moves here. Attack and Speed got some boosts, which is great. Didn't decide to learn Hanky Rage, because Low Kick is still cool for utility. Will have to think of another move for that soon. Maybe Dig? But I'll get a Diglett for that, so no need.

Anyway, these where todays updates. Glad I made some progress. Thanks for reading again, and see you next update!

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I'll use this post so you don't have to double post. Anyways, hopefully you won't have any deaths anytime soon.
If you want to post so that he doesn't have to double post, that's fine, but please just have some content to your post. Making a content-less post so he doesn't have to double post doesn't really fix anything. Not that there's anything wrong with this post, your second sentence alone is fine, but it's a lot better if you just cut off the first part.

I know you all think I'm being ridiculous and strict, and I understand where you're coming from and I get how it's inconvenient, but I'm not making up the rules here, I'm enforcing the ones that have existed for a long time, and I'm trying to be as lenient about it as I can.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
So, decided to take on some Trainers in Route 11. Things are going a little rough...

One of the Double Kicks I got hit with was a critical. Almost died cause of this...

Cloud90 my Fearow handled the Nidorino after Jr.Gong. But Fury Attack stroke it's Poison Point, and I had to heal.

Went back to the Pokémon Centre and decided to tackle the rest of the trainer squad and this happens again.

Those damn Poison types! This is why I need a Psychic type on my team. Speaking offff... I could find one here, a Drowsee. But won't look for it now, first things first, which are these trainers. Hoping for less Poison types.

So, I beat all the trainers, didn't got poisoned anymore, which is great. Did manage to get a BURN in though by another Gambler's Vulpix's Will-O-Wisp, but luckly burns don't hurt when walking.

Decided to take a look in the grass in what I could find. Fought a few Spearows for EXP, and then encoutered this dude:

I'm gonna call you BUMBA. Why? I dunno.

It's a Bold nature so... Well, it already got transfered to Bill's PC, in the box 'Bench' so that's where she'll stay. Sorry, ain't going through this again. And Arbok isn't all that great either so.

Scrabz the Rattata
(Dat) Ain't Falco the Pidgey
Zim Zimma the Zubat (would train if it was only easier)
And new bench recruit, Bumba the Ekans.

... Yeah. WhiteWidow could also be transfered here any moment for a Diglett or McLovin when he's a higher level. Haven't trained WhiteWidow at all yet. But I think I will once. Just to have a back up Grass type ya know?

Decided to take a little look through my items, and found this:

That one I'll use for a special occasion. ^^

Went here to get that bicycle vouch. Boring **** happened, but I got what I wanted eventually.

Any chance someone needs an Ekans perhaps?

Not that I actually really need a bike or anything, cause I'm quite content with running and will keep the VS Seeker on set so... I just got one so I can travel that one route with the bike, that's all.

Went here:

Sure, I won't find a Pikachu, Nidoran or Psychic type here, but at least I KNOW what I'm gonna get here.

Inb4 a Dugtrio Area Traps me and kills.

Cloud90 in the lead position, cause he can dish out damage, leave a Diglett alive probably, and won't get beat too bad by a Dugtrio (I hope).

Captured one, named it Fertilizer.

It's a Hardy nature Diglett. Cool. Just a neutral nature, like Quirky, Serious and Bashful. I like that.

My team as of now:

Boom Draw is seriously underleveled. Even Fertilizer is higher than her at this point. Will probably replace her for McLovin soon. SPEAKING OF.......

OH ****! 8 levels, that means by now he must be level 19!

I'll take him back, thank you very much Day Care Man. Damn, I guess it's true that only the old and wise know how to handle The Splash. Will take notes. Will take them.

Would you look at that!? Magnificient McLovin at level 19, READY TO SPLASH THE WORLD!

Ohh yeah, I mentoined that item with a special usage earlier right? Well, it's time to use it now ;)

YES! McLovin gets a treat cause I missed the guy. No really, I did.

Now this happens:

Most glorious moment of a Magikarp trainer! Awesome, I have a Gyarados now. Will learn it Water Pulse by TM so it at least has one STAB move. This'll be a mixed sweeper, going physical and special (more physical though).

Anyway, will take a break now- updating later today again if I see it fit. Thanks again for watching!

Small update!

Did some EV training with McLovin, and am already seeing results!

+4 Attack is quite nice, considering he's just as lv.21 right now. I have no regrets buying that Magikarp from that old dude near Mt.Moon. Sure, it still knows like, Splash, Tackle, Bite and now Water Pulse, but am sure to see some improvements in that soon.

OcarinaOfDoom

Smash Lord
NNID
OcarinaOfDoom
You get Gyrados at just the wrong time. Electric and Grass gyms up next, but he should be more useful near end-game with the final two gyms.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I would suggest keeping Fertilizer (LOL). Not only will he be useful against Surge, he'll also whoop *** against Blane and Giovanni.

This is exactly the plan. And Dugtrio is quite cool, learns Earthquake all by himself and all. Will probably stay in my team for quite a while. Unless I can get a Rhyhorn or Nidoran, cause Rhydon and Nidoking / Nidoqueen are too awesome not to use. I do worry about Blane though. Those Rapidash he has will be very fast, and burn PurpleHaze up quickly.

You get Gyrados at just the wrong time. Electric and Grass gyms up next, but he should be more useful near end-game with the final two gyms.

Yeah Gyarados will not be used at all in the upcoming Gym against Lt.Surge. However, Grass isn't too bad. Gyarados is also Flying type, and I doubt I'll give him that many Water type moves, seeing they are all Special Attack based. McLovin will get Hyper Beam for a bit when I'm at Celladon as to have a real powerful attack dealing neutral damage.

Haven't played yet today. Been playing a bit of Fire Emblem 12 on the side, sorry. But will definitely update later today.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Thanks guys. Might as well say it straight: my girl is giving birth soon, probably next week or the week after. So I won't be having too much time to raise Pokémon anymore. I will update whenever the oppertunity rises of coarse, but don't expect too much activity. Thanks for the support though always! I really enjoy(ed) making these updates.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Hm, no new updates :p.
Please don't bump a two-month-old thread to note that it hasn't been updated in a while, particularly when the thread owner has given an explanation for the lack of updates.

Top Bottom