• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diddy Kong's Barrels of Matchups~ Character ~ ROB

stingers

Smash Obsessed
i know there are a lot of characters that can. i dont think everyone can though. if you're talking about footstool dthrow regrab dthrow footstool anyway, I tried for like 20 minutes and couldn't get it to reconnect once with ROB. he has the worst aerial mobility in the game btw, so if he could do it then I could see everyone else being able to do it too but I really can't figure out how to do one with ROB lol

Player-1

Smash Legend
well according to t0mmy there's one so that solves that problem...and I can't even do the footstool infinite with diddy but I know there is one, just ecause you can't do it doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
well I've never seen anyone do it or heard of anyone doing it or even heard of it existing before tommy said anything so forgive me when I am doubtful lol

VonDarkmoon

Smash Apprentice
It is in fact possible to grab the gyro, after it begins to slow down, use a well spaced Dash attack. However, be careful seeing how ROB will most likely be near it, so he may punish it should he shield, still something of useful information i feel.

I haven't had the chance to play any really good ROBs, though with the little practice i've had the MU I feel is even or 55-45 ROB's favor. As t0mmy said before it's a game of patience for us. Should ROB go on stage with his up-B recovery, expect an aerial should u attempt to get close and then punish it.

Also ROB is practically unspike-able for those who enjoy those well timed spikes (myself mostly). So it helps his off stage game a lot.

I'll post more should i think of anything else/possible ideas

Sails

Smash Ace
Tallying up the ratings it looks like the average is slightly in ROBs favor. Solid points and counterpoints have been made for each character, and having read through everything in the thread I'd say this matchup could be laid to rest at even 55:45 ROB. Does everyone agree (based on the thread and not on your personal opinion) at this point?

-Googs

Smash Lord
I don't care about the matchup ratio, I just want to know what not to use and when to punish. Which we covered, but I mean who cares if it's even or 6-4? It's doubtful your gonna to change characters for this matchup. just my 2 cents.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
I don't care about the matchup ratio, I just want to know what not to use and when to punish. Which we covered, but I mean who cares if it's even or 6-4? It's doubtful your gonna to change characters for this matchup. just my 2 cents.
i ****ing love you...

Sails

Smash Ace
I guess it would make more sense to take higher skilled players opinion farther in to account. It would appear that makes it a little more even, so 50:50 seems to be what this matchup is.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
I am a bit late here, but I have played this MU against one damn tough Diddy Kong. I would say it's dead even. Both are pretty much the best itemabusers in the game have decent airgame.
Rob wins in versatility, he does well on more stages than Diddy Kong.
That is all

Top Bottom