• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diddy Kong

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Diamond For Disease

Smash Journeyman
I didn't play DK64 what's the peanut pop gun like? I was trying to find a pic or vid but no luck. And I think they should add Cranky Kong , he's the man, ***k that sk**k Dixie lol jokin.

Zindura

Smash Cadet
If the peanut gun moves as slowly as it does in DK64, there's no way that it'll be as effective as a laser. I can see Sakurai speeding it up a little bit... but it just wouldn't seem right going at laser speeds..
Just because a projectile is slow doesn't mean it's not effective. They can be extremely effective for rush-down and pressure.

JPW

Smash Ace
what's so weird was I was just making a newcomers sig the other day of the onesI want for Brawl. Diddy happened to be one of the ones I picked up and threw in the image, now I have to make alterations. lol.

skullkidd

Smash Ace
GO DIDDY!

Yeah, Diddy is going to own.
And I'm glad he's in.
And I'm glad he's not with Dixie.

But I think were pretty much covered for the DK franchise.
Unless they decide to pop K. Rool in there...
Anyway, now were down to Ridley, Dedede, Lucario, and Krystal as the Big Four for Brawl.

Chaotic Yoshi

Smash Lord
Funny thing about that. When I loaded up the page the "Warning Character Approaching" loaded up after Diddy Kong's name showed up. At first for a second I thought Diddy was an assist trophy, then two seconds later knew the truth.

Diddy was a somewhat predictable character for inclusion as playable. However, it's great to know that he's going to be in the game. There are so many supporters that can be happy now.
Exact same thing happened to me with the character approaching.

Why I don't think Diddy will be high tier:

I think he'll be a pretty light character. He'll likely be much easier to knock off than Fox/Falco.

If the peanut gun moves as slowly as it does in DK64, there's no way that it'll be as effective as a laser. I can see Sakurai speeding it up a little bit... but it just wouldn't seem right going at laser speeds.

I can't see a rocketpack recovery having much priority. I see it being similar to the Fox Fire.

I doubt he'll have many power moves. He's Diddy! He never does anything that takes much power.
I think he'll be closer to Dr. Mario.

And i guess having solo diddy rules out dixie/diddy IC's clone and also lessens the chances of King K.Rool.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Krystal hasn't been in many games, and Dedede won't be in cause 2 characters is enough for the Kirby franchise. I expect the next newcomer to be either Ridley or someone from F-Zero.
you are ********, aren't you? Sakurai made dedede and dedede scored first on the polls, held by sakurai, and krystal got second, tied with DIDDY KONG, ridley, and geno.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Exact same thing happened to me with the character approaching.

I think he'll be closer to Dr. Mario.

And i guess having solo diddy rules out dixie/diddy IC's clone and also lessens the chances of King K.Rool.
it greatly increases his chnaces, as making diddy a starter with donkey kong, they have to have at least 1 unlockable (hopefully) and the best bet is K. Rool.

Chibirobo

Smash Ace
Diddy confirmed! Never expected him! He looks awesome,and the AC boy and AC girl are in the background for one of the screenshots,so they're deconfirmed! No Dixie as well!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom