• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diddy Kong

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluethree

Smash Journeyman
Peanut Pop Gun? Hell yeah!

Definitely will get consideration as my main. I've wanted to play as Diddy for a long time.

Dave the Perspicacious

Smash Journeyman
Respect to the OP for not having the ******** "OMFG" in their title, and congratulations to Diddy.

Going to be an excellent character.

Cheers,

Dave

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
5 character down...10 new characters to go

bluethree

Smash Journeyman

Donkey Kong’s pal has finally joined the battle! Unfortunately, screenshots fail to truly capture the way he moves.

He scrambles around the battle, using whimsical fighting moves while wielding both his Rocketbarrel Boost and Peanut Pop Gun!

JPW

Smash Ace
okay i'm going to be short and sweet.
Thank god you're here is on in 5 minutes, then House is on afterwards so you're probably not going to hear anything from me till later on tonight.

But I just want to say.....

WHOA! DIDDY KONG IN BRAWL!

This isn't a bad character. Pretty obvious newcomer. But it's nice to see Diddy Kong join the ranks.

Rash

Smash Ace
Funny thing about that. When I loaded up the page the "Warning Character Approaching" loaded up after Diddy Kong's name showed up. At first for a second I thought Diddy was an assist trophy, then two seconds later knew the truth.

Diddy was a somewhat predictable character for inclusion as playable. However, it's great to know that he's going to be in the game. There are so many supporters that can be happy now.

Rang Flash

Smash Journeyman
Krystal hasn't been in many games, and Dedede won't be in cause 2 characters is enough for the Kirby franchise. I expect the next newcomer to be either Ridley or someone from F-Zero.

smashmv

Smash Apprentice
i was the first to notice in the predictions thread after that it exploded

now we know that mother f*ucker who siad lucas would defenetly be the next confirmed character is a lying pr*ck

Exorcist

Smash Journeyman
It's awesome that he got his original costume from the Donkey Kong Country games.

And I have to fully agree with the guy who sees him being a high tier possibility. He looks like he could combo someone for days, I could image it. Those guns sound too great too. I hope it isn't something too useful. (Remembers fast characters with good projectiles in melee)

Now that I really think of it. I think he'll appeal to Falco players quite a bit. A combo king with a nice projectile. Hmm

The Franchise

Smash Journeyman
Gee what hadn't Sakurai done yet to prove that Brawl was the best ever? Show us that he has included one of the most wanted characters in the game? Scratch that one off the list.

Diddy looks good and the fact that he has the Rocketbarrel Boost and Peanut Pop Gun just makes him that more perfect. So many fans are going to freak when they see this update.

bluethree

Smash Journeyman
Krystal hasn't been in many games, and Dedede won't be in cause 2 characters is enough for the Kirby franchise. I expect the next newcomer to be either Ridley or someone from F-Zero.
Those are bad excuses. If a character is popular and can have a unique move set made for them why should it matter how many games they've been in or how many representatives there already are from their game?

bluethree

Smash Journeyman
Why I don't think Diddy will be high tier:

I think he'll be a pretty light character. He'll likely be much easier to knock off than Fox/Falco.

If the peanut gun moves as slowly as it does in DK64, there's no way that it'll be as effective as a laser. I can see Sakurai speeding it up a little bit... but it just wouldn't seem right going at laser speeds.

I can't see a rocketpack recovery having much priority. I see it being similar to the Fox Fire.

I doubt he'll have many power moves. He's Diddy! He never does anything that takes much power.

Empy

Smash Ace
Zoetermeer, The Netherlands (it ain't much, if it
Why I don't think Diddy will be high tier:

I think he'll be a pretty light character. He'll likely be much easier to knock off than Fox/Falco.

If the peanut gun moves as slowly as it does in DK64, there's no way that it'll be as effective as a laser. I can see Sakurai speeding it up a little bit... but it just wouldn't seem right going at laser speeds.

I can't see a rocketpack recovery having much priority. I see it being similar to the Fox Fire.

I doubt he'll have many power moves. He's Diddy! He never does anything that takes much power.
Here we go again! Geez, you have no idea what the tiers will be, hell, we haven't even got shielding confirmed so.

On-topic, Diddy Kong looks good, he wasn't on my dream list but I'm happy he made it, looks like a fun character to play. :)

NukeA6

Smash Master
This leaves Ridley as the most wanted character for Smash Bros. Pit, Metaknight, Wario, and now Diddy have been confirmed.

It's good to see he's solo instead double-teamed with Dixie. Just the way it should be.

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
Well, my hopes for seeing him with Dixie seem to have been dashed, but I'm still glad to see him.

Jopaan

Smash Journeyman
even though I don't like him, I'm glad Diddy is confirmed. This raises the chances of other highly wanted characters being confirmed quite soon. DeDeDe will most likely be next; either him or some completely unexpected character like Red was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom