• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

diddy kong vs. olimar, or snake?

hamplition

Smash Rookie
Hey diddy kong users. Can you guys let me know what character gives you the hardest time. Snake, or olimar. List the advantage and disadvantages of both. And who would win in the matchup

B.Mack

Smash Ace
Olimar is a far tougher matchup imo. pikmin block naners in the air which is kinda annoying.

Snake kills hella early but is far easier to carry momentum against snake.

Sails

Smash Ace
Edit:inb4threadlocked
A burning hate for non-mod policing posts like this exists deep within me. You can inb4 stuff once you're well known only in my eyes :mad:

Also, Olimar is an easier matchup because the infinite is super easy to perform on him.

Vega4

Smash Ace
Hey diddy kong users. Can you guys let me know what character gives you the hardest time. Snake, or olimar. List the advantage and disadvantages of both. And who would win in the matchup
Having trobles fancing a Diddy player...
I would say that Olimar is your best choise againist Diddy.

ADHD

Smash Hero
They're both okay, I think. I would put them both as the two hardest matchups right below metaknight as our worst. Imo, wario isn't anything to worry about too much, but he's moderately hard.

Legit

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1075-1516-8692
MK is easy, keep him on the ground with peanuts, and if he tries to nado through them, shield and punish. Snake would be the hardest imo. The nades screw up your entire strategy against him (no cartwheel) and if you get close to him without naner locking first, you get fed a tasty filt. One thing I do like about the Snake MU is that he's incredible easy to spike. Even if he is dangerously low off the stage, spiking him in the middle of his up b will cause the camera to hit you, knocking you up and allowing you to recover easily.

RiverDB

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RiVerDB
To me, Snake is way harder then Olimar, since i don't see it as pikmin block our nanas, but nanas block pikmin ^^, plus i kinda have a mental block with Snake b/c of the killing problem i have vs him. I always feel like if i don't play perfect vs Snake, i'll lose, no exception, but Olimar to me is doable b/c diddy can outspam/camp him IMO. Just my 2 cents

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
I vastly prefer playing against Olimar than Snake, though that could be just from a lack of MU experience with the latter (and a lot with the former). If you manage to break into Olimar's fortress of Pikmin you can get him off stage and actually kill him, whereas Snake lives to ungodly percents and Diddy has enough trouble killing as it is (compared to some of the other high tiers). I am aware that a well-placed spike will end a Snake, but every Snake I've played against seems to be constantly DIing up even if it doesn't seem possible O.o

Disclaimer: I am pretty bad

Top Bottom