• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diddy Kong Mind games and Mix ups Thread

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
I am creating this thread so that we can share all of the different mind games and Mix ups that we use. If you guys have some cool mind games or mix ups, share them with us. I will update this every week depending on how many people post. I'm going to start the list by posting up some of my favorite mind games and mix ups

1. When the opponent is shielding, I run passed him and I JC item toss him in the back. this works against people who like to shield grab you.

2. dribbling to instant grounded throw.

3. pop gun to JC item toss.

4.pop gun cancel glide toss. Any pop gun cancel is generally a good mind game.

5. I mix it up between running up smash and dash grabbing if the opponent is shielding as I am running towards him.

6.I mix up my peanut spamming by short hopping my pop gun and then throwing out a fair if they get too close(works better on taller characters)

DFEAR

Smash Hero
dunno when it comes to mindgames i trust my adaptation skills moreso than my "mindgames" if i KNOW my opponent will shield i do not need to try anything technical or fancy i do what makes the job done whether its a grab or a sideb. i dont hope for things to happen, i dont hope something will work. I make sure it will work.

but yes mixup leads to a reaction, now you have your opponent having trouble adapting to your mixups.

in the end. the smarter player wins :\

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
There are no such things as mindgame "techniques"... The whole point of mindgames is just to do what your opponent doesn't expect, and trying to make a list of things that they might not expect ruins the point. How effective mindgames are (if at all) is completely dependent upon the OTHER player, not you. To be short, this is really just a "Tips and Tricks" thread with a different name.

TreK

Is "that guy"
vs people who always get up straight (pretty common here, cus they think they're good for doing it, idk about the US), after the last banana trip of a lock I let the banana fall, and only then I dash attack ; it helps following their DI of the dash attack better (because of the range you get with the banana) and allows sometimes to dash attack - SH banana - side B which does 30% (normal dash attack followups do 25% at max)

FelixTrix

Smash Journeyman
this is probably the most ******** thread i have seen in a while. it's on par with "General Gameplay" and the infinites that will never be practical.

HEY GAIZ LETS ALL POSTS HOW MANY DIFFERENT MIXUPS DIDDY HAS

just count how many moves diddy has and do the factorial of that. mixup problem solved.

sai_:)

Smash Ace
**** Felix...kinda just pooped on this guys self esteem lol

Top Bottom