• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diddy Kill moves

TehTooya

Smash Rookie
I am a terrible person that enjoys to spike much more than I should... so I am curious, what exactly are Diddy's kill strategies?

The few I have seen are...

fsmash
dsmash
spiking ^^

I know Diddy has other damaging moves that combo very well, but I am looking for that one hit that just kills... are these Diddy's bread and butter for death, or are there more?

WildEchidna

Smash Cadet
well he can...spike...diddy hump spike...rocket barrel spike...um...well there's....ugh....hm...

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Diddy has his f-smash, d-smash, and his d-air to take out foes. He doesn't have a lot of killing moves however.

likquidpopx

Smash Rookie
also i found out diddy can kill using a forward throw at high percentages
around 145%+ depending on the foe

also the Fthrow has GREAT knockback so you can just edge guard w/ fair

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Ive killed so many people with a SHFair its ridiculous. Even his ftilt can knock them off screen at high %, but it may not kill them. Like someone else said, his fthrow has the most knockback of any of his throws, and its pretty good

Kensei

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kenseithomas
Just use your banana's to get their Dmg high at about 150+ then use, any of diddy's airs, F-smash, D-smash, F-tilt and u-tilt as they all have good knock back. if it doesn;t kill them chase them of the edge with F-airs or B-airs .

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
bair and fair and his fsmash and dsmash.

Also spiking and the hump.

Grandeza

Smash Master
Bair
Fair
Dair
Up B spike
hump
f- smash d-smash
f- throw at high percents
At high percents I sometime u-air them off the top

Kayzee

Smash Journeyman
It looks like all the kill moves have been covered, but I'm covering them again. =P

- Fsmash (Obvious.)
- Dsmash (Also obvious.)
- Fair (Surprising amount of K.O. power in this aerial.)
- Bair (Final Destination stage spike FTW. Also, a fair amount of knockback.)
- Uair (When you're higher up in the air, and the opponent has high damage.)
- Dair (Probably his best killing move.)
- Forward B (Two options here; either spike, or Diddycide. There's also a slim chance of a stage spike , but it's complicated.)
-Up B (Spiking properties, and stray barrels are very dangerous.)
- Fthrow (Strong. 'Nuff said.)

Diddy has a lot of killing moves. It just takes a lot of damage for some of these moves to kill. And some take prediction, and luck.

Kayzee

Smash Journeyman
How? They all have so much knockback. No decent player gets chaingrabbed by that? Videos? Really I can't see how anyone could possibly chaingrab those moves.
Diddy's pretty fast. Starting at low percentages, if you toss them, you can dash over and grab them again, regardless of which direction you throw. My brother often gets chaingrabbed by me. Especially by Diddy's Dthrow.

I have no camera to record a video with.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
if the person you're playing is good, you cant CG with diddy, even at low percents the knockback is so much they can just airdodge when you get back to them, or DI away and even us an aerial on you if they recover fast enough

RednaXale

Smash Apprentice
I push people off to one side or to the ledge then either spike or just keep pushing.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
lmao diddy has no cg, that's so funny that people think he does. anyways, his f tilt can kill at high percents by the edge and his up tilt actually kills light characters: i killed a game and watch at 140 on smashville with an up tilt.

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
I don't understand how people can consider Diddy linking 2-3 grabs a chain grab since only a really bad player wouldn't know how to DI from it, unlike characters like Falco, and d3 whose grabs are literally inescapable.

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
Theres a chance that if someone hits your barrel it will get angry and kill your opponent for you.

Lol these are always the best KO's. My friends never expect it (Actually I never do either). I should use this method more in my game. Say a fox dash attacks me and he has high damage. Instead of dodging him it might be a great idea to charge up the rocket barrels, let the fox hit me, and then let the barrels do the rest to KO. Risky move though, for if I fails Diddy's very vulnerable to anything. Has anyone actually tried this purposely?

Top Bottom